Phoenix.Iocus said: »
and shut us all up.

[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-10-04 05:14:57  
Yeah, like ninja said, it wouldn’t change anything, let say you can even choose perfect rings for your perfect job at perfect roll, even that that’s 22 months or rewards straight, so yeah a random +2 roll ain’t changing the game’s meta (for memo idc, I have 12)
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-04 06:43:57  
It's pretty clear luck is the only factor that matters with +2 earrings, not effort. No reason to not very occasionally put in low/no effort +2s to get re-subs and smooth out their abysmal drop numbers.

How bad do those numbers actually have to be if they are taking the time to address our complaints of how badly they are skewed? No clue what they actually trying to in the patch notes since they are translated as clear as mud as usual.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-04 07:40:00  
"it wouldn't really do anything...."
"...so please do it"

Only works when you're 6
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-04 09:39:07  
Sortie needs an overhaul, not a handout
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-04 09:39:26  
"I dont know what I'm talking about...."
"...so I'm gonna give my opinion"

Only works when you're Eiryl
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-04 10:25:41  
If you've farmed more than 2m gallimaufry, nobody cares what you want. You're not the target of any patches. You're already offering your time up and spamming the event, they do not need to buy your participation.

A once monthly earring is not going to bring new players to sortie, because those players won't even be able to kill Aminon to get it. It's you wanting free ***just because you want free ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-04 10:27:49  
I would be curious to see the analytics in how many people have cleared the Aminon ROE. It's probably less than 5% of all active players.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-04 10:58:29  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you've farmed more than 2m gallimaufry, nobody cares what you want. You're not the target of any patches. You're already offering your time up and spamming the event, they do not need to buy your participation.

A once monthly earring is not going to bring new players to sortie, because those players won't even be able to kill Aminon to get it. It's you wanting free ***just because you want free ***.

A monthly +2 earring = bad, begging for handouts
"do the event for cornelia" = AMAZEBALLS GOOD YAS GIVE US OUR QUEEN BACK WE SIMP 4 CORNYFACE

Did I get this right?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-04 11:01:27  
I didn't say anything about Cornelia, not sure how the 2 are related.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-04 11:02:11  
Actually, you got it perfectly right, and I think that's what Thorny's point is. The number of people who can/will participate in VanaBout (which is available to everyone) is a lot higher than the number of people who can even clear Aminon for their monthly +2 earring. It's just a numbers perspective. One event benefits a lot, the other benefits very few (not arguing, just saying)

oh maybe he didn't say that about cornelia, i misunderstood your response to his quote
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-04 11:03:09  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I didn't say anything about Cornelia, not sure how the 2 are related.
Handouts are handouts.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
There is a ~75% chance (22 jobs, realistically most people play about 5 or 6 on a regular basis) it will give you a job you dont use, and another 70% chance it will be a low roll.
Are any of these numbers drastically incorrect? Would such a move have a negative (the active sub count continues to decline at its current or even greater pace) or positive impact (the active sub count declines at a smaller rate, stops declining, or even somehow goes up slightly) on the playerbase?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-04 11:19:14  
We don't really know how many people are doing Aminon, but if we assume it's a pretty small % (I know it is amongst the people I talk to) then...who exactly is going to subscribe (or stay subscribed) specifically because of the monthly Aminon RoE?

-People who are already grinding Aminon regularly? They're...already grinding Aminon regularly
-People who can't do Aminon don't care
-People who aren't even started with Sortie yet, don't care
-People who quit in the past are...going to re-subscribe now...?

IDK, I feel like Sortie is a grind and that's all there is to it. If you do 1 Sortie/month just to get the +2 earring from Aminon, you're not going to get much benefit out of it. To truly be able to benefit from Sortie you need to keep at it regularly and kill lots of bosses.

OTOH, people who get the earring they want from the RoE might be slightly more inclined to say "*** it, I got my prime, I got my earring, I'm done."

I'd say neutral, possibly slightly net-negative. You aren't going to change the minds of anyone who's not ready to fight Aminon or those who don't want to grind Sortie, and those who want to grind Sortie are already grinding Sortie.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-04 12:00:01  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Handouts are handouts.

Not really. Cornelia is a helpful trust. Trusts will never be better than real players. Cornelia will not make your Sortie or Odyssey group stronger. She won't make it easier for people to clear top content and quit due to lack of goals. She increases engagement, because she makes it easier to accomplish the minor things that are not anywhere near cap.

Your +2 earring does not make your gameplay experience better in any way, it just allows you to check it off your 'total completion' list. You want it because you've compelled yourself to care about that list. But, again, you aren't the target audience. Anyone who's already farming Sortie doesn't need to be bought.
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-10-04 12:37:16  
REMA Brd Trust, when?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-04 12:39:20  
"It wont affect anything because the people who will benefit most from this even kill Aminon"

So whats the problem? The people not killing Aminon might have a bit extra drive to do so instead of rolling on the 5% chance their Case+1 yields a +2 earring. You guys werent disputing the numbers wrt job distribution and roll result that showed how little effect an extra +2 case a month would have.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
OTOH, people who get the earring they want from the RoE might be slightly more inclined to say "*** it, I got my prime, I got my earring, I'm done."
The amount of people who got their desired max/near-max roll +2 earring is probably < 10.

I dont know how often Taint runs Sortie, but guy still hasnt even seen a Heathen's Earring +1, let alone a +2.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-10-04 12:59:34  
Bahamut.Senaki said: »
REMA Brd Trust, when?
I pug with some on Asura, Ulmia 2.0s
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-10-04 13:36:12  
How the hell did we jump from "helps you reach endgame" to "free +2 earring" anyway? Talk about copium.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-04 13:43:29  
SE are not going to change the RoE to monthly anytime soon, if ever. Deal with it. I'm just happy they have recognised that the distribution of earrings in the Old Cases isn't correct. I'm surprised they even noticed.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-04 14:10:35  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Deal with it.

This is funny because this is the worst FFXI has ever been and people just bend over and do sortie every day
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-04 14:20:27  
It's the realisation that XI is not getting improved. Facing up to reality, in other words.

When the company comes out and says "maintenance mode", what are you expecting exactly.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-10-04 14:21:59  
Kinda sad considering how many online games struggle to have even the bare minimum of playerbase to make it viable, not rare closing servers, while FFXI has a solid playerbase that still makes the game viable even with 13 different servers online, and still SE treat it like a *** son
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-10-04 14:28:15  
It's only the "worst FFXI has ever been" if you think you should be getting content updates over a year after they announced their plans for the game (maybe longer, I can't remember). Plenty of time to accept the game for what it is and will be from now on if you aren't still in denial.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-04 14:29:07  
If the Maintenance mode was fun I wouldn't be talking like this
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-04 14:29:53  
I think the inital loadout of XIV was the worst time for XI. The game was completely neglected AND we were paying to keep XIV afloat.

Im not saying XI maintenance mode time is unicorns and roses, but discussing worst time, atleast maintenance mode time they’ve told us its maintenance mode. During the XIV launch failure, they didnt tell us ***. They just ghosted the XI community expecting everyone to move to XIV.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-04 14:31:49  
Eh, I still had a ton of friends who kept playing and was fun soloing Onvi on rdm lvl 80
By Dodik 2024-10-04 14:32:12  
I don't find the "come on once a week to do v25 for several months per NM until we clear them" game fun, so I don't play it.

I do like Sortie, so I do that.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-10-04 14:33:30  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
If the Maintenance mode was fun I wouldn't be talking like this

No one is making you login, not even Bumba. I'm cheering for you to get your win, but you don't have to be miserable if you don't want to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-04 14:34:20  
SE are not going to change the RoE to monthly anytime soon,

Depends. If JP make a thread complaining about it enough, it'll get done. Not if you're NA.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-04 14:40:59  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Deal with it.

This is funny because this is the worst FFXI has ever been and people just bend over and do sortie every day

I truly don't understand this logic. OK: today is the worst time to play FFXI.

What about 2 years ago? The exact same content existed, except you couldn't get prime weapons. This was...better...?

How about 4 years ago? The exact same content existed, except lower Ody and no Sortie. This was...better...?

How about 5 years ago? The exact same content existed, except no Ody and no Sortie. This was...better...?

How does adding new gear and content make the game worse?

I think the thing people are experiencing is "I'm finished with the content and so the game sucks right now" but that's been true for the entire history of FFXI. Once you beat all the content, there's nothing left to do. No ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 451 452 453 454 455