Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-08 18:43:32  
Trump's military parade draws bipartisan rebuke
Politico

TLDR*: Lots of current and former generals too.

^And boy is it.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-08 18:44:40  
Paged!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2018-02-08 19:00:01  

Granted, Trump isn't Commando like Obama was.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-08 19:26:41  
Candlejack said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Politico

^And boy is it.
The big question the pentagon should be asking is, what has Cadet Bonespurs done, aside from being a five time draft-dodger, to warrant a parade.

He made Chuck Schumer cry like a little girl. That's gotta count for something.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-02-08 20:31:21  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Granted, Trump isn't Commando like Obama was.

You would think he’d have a trainer that was a nazi about range of motion... that form is impeachable.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-02-08 20:46:45  
fonewear said: »
I'm currently on:

HipsterShaadi.com used to market itself as the site for people looking for a partner with whom to "write poetry and dance in the rain

Making it rain on ‘em!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-08 21:03:50  
Zerowone said: »
I'm currently on:

HipsterShaadi.com used to market itself as the site for people looking for a partner with whom to "write poetry and dance in the rain

Making it rain on ‘em!

Makes me think of this song:

Back that *** up !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2018-02-08 21:22:33  
Looks like Rand Paul is gonna shut down the gov't tonight all by himself.
By fonewear 2018-02-08 21:30:18  
Viciouss said: »

Vic obsession:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-02-08 21:31:17  
I used to hate 80s music now I"m starting to like it.
By fonewear 2018-02-08 21:32:09  
Politico

^And boy is it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-09 08:20:33  
Calif. Democrat and #MeToo leader accused of groping male staffer

Okay, how hard it would it be to have a questionnaire for anyone who wants to be the face of a movement that is against sexual harassment and assault?

1. Have you ever been a perpetrator of sexual misconduct yourself? If yes, THEN SHUT UP.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 08:31:00  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Calif. Democrat and #MeToo leader accused of groping male staffer

Okay, how hard it would it be to have a questionnaire for anyone who wants to be the face of a movement that is against sexual harassment and assault?

1. Have you ever been a perpetrator of sexual misconduct yourself? If yes, THEN SHUT UP.

She's single boys !

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-09 09:19:00  
Viciouss said: »
Shortest shutdown ever!
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-09 10:24:22  
I do not see what the uproar is about with a military parade. All service members are salary positions, not hourly. Your are already paying them. The manpower cost nothing. We move military vehicles around all the time so whats a little bit more logistics to it.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-09 10:30:47  
Politico

^And boy is it.
The big question the pentagon should be asking is, what has Cadet Bonespurs done, aside from being a five time draft-dodger, to warrant a parade.

One day CJ you will have a factual rebuttal, but it is not this day.

Right or wrong, it was not uncommon for college students to get a draft deferment while attending college during the Vietnam War. At that time there were about 15 million men who received deferments, were exempted, or disqualified for military service.

According to a published copy of an Extract of Registrant Classification Record from the National Archives, Donald Trump received a college deferment (2-S) starting July 28, 1964. On July 9, 1968 he was classified available for service (1-A). On October 15, 1968 he was given a physical exam and reclassified, qualified for service only in case of war (1-Y). On Feb. 1, 1972 he was again reclassified as not qualified for military service (4-F). These were legitimate official deferments.

There was a 3 year span where he was qualified to be drafted, that he did not defer. Why was it ok for your boy Bill Clinton to do the same exact thing that President Trump did? Oh that's right cause you swing from the democratic tip.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 10:30:58  
Odin.Slore said: »
I do not see what the uproar is about with a military parade. All service members are salary positions, not hourly. Your are already paying them. The manpower cost nothing. We move military vehicles around all the time so whats a little bit more logistics to it.

Well we have parades for everything else...I don't see what the big deal is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-09 10:43:23  

Liberals have parades for everything. Somehow, wanting one for the best military on the planet means you're Hitler.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-09 12:15:08  
It costs a lot more than you think to move the military vehicles he wants there... the cost of shutting down the area for the day and related costs with police and businesses... the cost of repairing the roads once they’ve been torn up by some of the military assets... it’s outside their regular duties but I’m not sure if this is covered under their regular pay or there would be extra pay associated with it like some other jobs... there will be a great cost to this whether you think so or not...

As for why people oppose it I think initially it’s a why do it at all... we never really do military parades like this and it seems like trump really pounced on the idea after he attended the one in France... is it really for the military? Then you get to the partisan support or disdain for it... idk for me it just seems unecassary... like there’s no real point to it...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-02-09 12:24:45  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Liberals have parades for everything. Somehow, wanting one for the best military on the planet means you're Hitler.
A lot of people have parades for a lot of reasons conservative or liberal... I would assume most of them aren’t tax payer funded either but I could be wrong... I just wonder why now? Have we been neglecting our military forever by not throwing parades like this? Is this what they want? Wouldn’t the money be better spent on taking care of actual veterans?

My biggest issue with the pentagon is that we spend billions on private contractors and we have homeless vets and others not getting proper care after their service... now this parade is what? Lip service? You guys are great we love you and you are the best but yeah good luck out there on your own when we are done with you... and this isn’t just a gripe for trump but everyone really...

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:15:56  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It costs a lot more than you think to move the military vehicles he wants there... the cost of shutting down the area for the day and related costs with police and businesses... the cost of repairing the roads once they’ve been torn up by some of the military assets... it’s outside their regular duties but I’m not sure if this is covered under their regular pay or there would be extra pay associated with it like some other jobs... there will be a great cost to this whether you think so or not...

As for why people oppose it I think initially it’s a why do it at all... we never really do military parades like this and it seems like trump really pounced on the idea after he attended the one in France... is it really for the military? Then you get to the partisan support or disdain for it... idk for me it just seems unecassary... like there’s no real point to it...

Just like there was no point reading your post !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:17:14  
TL;DR: Military parades are more harm than good for roadways compared to normal parades with floats, horses, fire trucks and squad cars. Tanks aren't exactly lightweight. Neither are howitzers. Then you have the cost to drag everything back and forth from the nearest military base (Fuel costs, road repair costs, manpower costs), security costs, businesses, schools, tourist attractions, banks, a lot of things would have to be shut down for the full day, costing even MORE money on top of what was already mentioned... In short, a military parade is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.

How dare you the fire trucks put out fires !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-09 14:59:22  
It's amazing how fiscally responsible people become when it's the opposing party that is doing the spending.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-09 14:59:28  
Politico

Yes its too long but read it anyway. It does make most of the arguments as to why not to, arguments that I am not going to reiterate.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-09 15:04:40  
Dumbed-Down Security Briefings Still Too Difficult for Trump to Read
New York Magazine

Its not that Trump can't read, its he doesn't want to and they can hardly even get him to listen.

Quote:
Trump, the Post reports, “has opted to rely on an oral briefing of select intelligence issues” because reading the brief “is not Trump’s preferred ‘style of learning,’ according to a person with knowledge of the situation.”

Also, Trump does not receive his verbal briefing daily, but instead “about every two to three days on average in recent months, typically around 11 a.m.” That’s when “executive time” ends and Trump has to turn off Fox News to listen to officials for a while, before he gets more screen time later in the day.

Perhaps not surprisingly, while the verbal method comports with Trump’s preferred learning style, he does not show very strong listening skills:

Trump would discuss the news of the day or a tweet he sent about North Korea or the border wall — or anything else on his mind, two people familiar with the briefings said.

On such days, there would only be a few minutes left — and the briefers would have barely broached the topics they came to discuss, one senior U.S. official said.

“He often goes off on tangents during the briefing and you’d have to rein him back in,” one official said.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-02-09 16:20:50  

TL;DR: Military parades are more harm than good for roadways compared to normal parades with floats, horses, fire trucks and squad cars. Tanks aren't exactly lightweight. Neither are howitzers. Then you have the cost to drag everything back and forth from the nearest military base (Fuel costs, road repair costs, manpower costs), security costs, businesses, schools, tourist attractions, banks, a lot of things would have to be shut down for the full day, costing even MORE money on top of what was already mentioned... In short, a military parade is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.

Wow, a CJ post that makes sense. I never thought I would see the day. That's not even addressing the ICBMs that are stored in missile silos in the Midwest.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57