Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 121 122 123
 Odin.Willster
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-02-13 08:17:29  
Asura.Trumpet said: »
If your only concern is 1 shotting statues with full TP, elatta (kaja) has higher damage per WS. Lanun gives higher overall DPS bc it's TP gain is much higher.
Not gonna have full tp. Prob less than 2k. But what I meant was I'll be using eletta for sure, but would fettering or lanun win as the other weapon. I used the SS from a bunch of pages back though, fettering It is
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-02-13 09:00:43  
Odin.Willster said: »
Asura.Trumpet said: »
If your only concern is 1 shotting statues with full TP, elatta (kaja) has higher damage per WS. Lanun gives higher overall DPS bc it's TP gain is much higher.
Not gonna have full tp. Prob less than 2k. But what I meant was I'll be using eletta for sure, but would fettering or lanun win as the other weapon. I used the SS from a bunch of pages back though, fettering It is

If you are gonna use one of the other use Lanun augmented for STP in main hand, IIRC it’s better damage and has much better Macc which is very important for zapping stats (one resist in a bad spot could cause a wipe).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-13 12:49:22  
Afania said: »
SimonSes said: »
Sylph.Excalin said: »
Sylph.Excalin said: »
So, does the dagger make Evisceration worth using?

Not over savage blade with ambu sword, unless maybe on some piercing weak mobs.

I guess I am asking if it makes it the go-to ws when main handing a dagger

Then your queation is strange because there is no other dagger ws that was even close to Evisceration on cor, so nothing would change 8f Evisceration get even stronger.

The real question is.....does evis+50% applies to all hits?

Can assume that it does(based on Decimation testing), but feel free to test it.
By Haorhu8 2019-02-13 14:17:27  
Hi cor Community i got a questions about lanun knife path A (chance of double damage) does Apply on melee hit or ranged hit or WS weapon skill) ? i try to find information about but X :(
By SimonSes 2019-02-13 15:00:30  
Apply to on
Haorhu8 said: »
Hi cor Community i got a questions about lanun knife path A (chance of double damage) does Apply on melee hit or ranged hit or WS weapon skill) ? i try to find information about but X :(

Applies only to melee swings with lanun knife.

If that would apply to WSs, all DD would throw away all REMA and use only their path A su5.
By Haorhu8 2019-02-14 07:27:26  
Apply to on
Haorhu8 said: »

Applies only to melee swings with lanun knife.

If that would apply to WSs, all DD would throw away all REMA and use only their path A su5.

True :) silly question ^^
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-02-17 12:24:29  
Been using quickdraw purely for TP gain lately and saw node updated with a set for it (nice).

I augmented a herc vest with fern and got STP+7 (10 total), so that's a cheaper option than oshosi +1. On that note, herc trousers can be used as well. If BGWIKI is correct that it caps at +8 STP, then both are better if you purely just want more TP per quickdraw (which I do).
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-02-18 02:14:54  
Hades.Dade said: »
Hades.Dade said: »

Yeah, Sanare is certainly BiS, unfortunely I only play with myself and I cant solo DM yet so its unobtainable for me ;(

If you have access to an Epeo rune Normal isnt too bad baring bad mijin/charm. Duo'ed it with my geo mule. Never knew earring existed.

I dont have that either ;( how is the drop rate in N?

(Alternatively... are there any kind souls out there that can help a poor pirate get her earring? ;0)

I only did 1 run as a test. Had 2 non Earrings drop. Prob try sometime soon to just blow up EV and leave since I think its only one that drops it?

Finally got around to farming it. I went 0/2 on EV on normal 1/1 on D. Had TT drop Earring on normal so droprate doesnt seem too awful. only bothered to TH4 tag EV on pull.
 Stu
By Stu 2019-02-20 14:31:23  
Sorry I haven't gone through all 47 pages, but is there a gearswap kicking around that isn't as intensive as the one in the main guide?
I want one more simple. I dont want all of the JA binds, just simple ones to flick through melee, melee acc, ra, ra acc etc. I'm not really fussed about using one to flick through Quick draws etc. neither.

Does such a lua exist?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-20 14:53:37  
All the binds, extra features etc in the guide lua are optional btw. The only thing you might have a problem extricating is the gearinfo haste detection.

This one is simpler:
https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/COR.lua
 Asura.Trumpet
サーバ: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-02-20 15:39:01  
If it helps, you can comment out sections of the lua you don't want by putting "--" at the front of the line or "--[[" and then "]]--" to cut a whole section to see if it still works before deleting it all. Notepad++ makes life way easier when editing them because it'll color code what will be read and what will be ignored.
[+]
By kamishi 2019-02-20 15:54:22  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
All the binds, extra features etc in the guide lua are optional btw. The only think you might have a problem extricating is the gearinfo haste detection.

This one is simpler:
https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/COR.lua

Is there a way to make the lua pick up on the haste values and swap to the appropriate TP set? The flurry/snapshot swaps work fine automatically.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-20 16:40:25  
kamishi said: »
Is there a way to make the lua pick up on the haste values and swap to the appropriate TP set? The flurry/snapshot swaps work fine automatically.

The lua in the guide does that (assuming you have gearinfo installed).
By lhova 2019-02-21 17:20:48  
Is the BIS leaden non rostam accurate from the guide? My numbers haven’t been so great in dyna so I want to know if I have the right gear.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-02-21 18:01:27  
lhova said: »
Is the BIS leaden non rostam accurate from the guide? My numbers haven’t been so great in dyna so I want to know if I have the right gear.

I dont believe the weapons have been updated for kaja tier ambu weapons yet. For leaden would want to use kaja dagger+sword for dynamis, Especially for wave3 where you need a ton of MAcc for volte mobs.

I'd also suggest picking up a lanun dagger if cant afford a rostam and are shooting in dynamis.
By lhova 2019-02-21 21:02:59  
Yeah I got a Lanun on path A. It’s only rank 11 at the moment though. Would fully rank be 2nd BIS or is new ambu dagger still better?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-02-21 21:52:32  
lhova said: »
Yeah I got a Lanun on path A. It’s only rank 11 at the moment though. Would fully rank be 2nd BIS or is new ambu dagger still better?

would do lanun/kaja then. Offhanding second lanun or rostam for more macc/racc may or may not be worthwhile depending on needs.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-24 20:30:29  
What's the recommended path for first Rostam? Probably been said before but not seeing it in recent pages.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-24 21:10:14  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What's the recommended path for first Rostam? Probably been said before but not seeing it in recent pages.
imo and long story short, Stp path.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-24 22:05:47  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
imo and long story short, Stp path.

This is what I chose, just bought my first. It works for ranged and melee (with leaden). I'm mostly just on COR for ranged content. I will eventually get a path C one, not sure I'll ever do a FUA one, think I need to be sold on it being that much better than STP, since I don't really melee COR often anyway.

That said, anyone have a higher Meva melee set for COR? Couldn't stand doing Windy last night and just being stunned non-stop, so not used to that from my THF. Obviously shadows are the easy solution but even those get taken off quickly.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-02-25 00:35:46  

Depends if you shoot. If you do Path A, but for melee path B is pretty damn absurd for melee+leaden.
[+]
By geigei 2019-02-25 03:26:21  
A>C>B
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-25 11:40:52  
Updated first page sets w/ Kaja/Eletta items. Let me know if I missed/botched anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-25 11:46:07  
geigei said: »
A>C>B

That may be the case for your play-style, but not for mine.

Path B is pretty terrific.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-02-25 12:00:38  
A is the safe choice for sure. I went B because I hardly ever shoot so su4 seemed fine there and I almost blindly trust afania's numbers at this point :P
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-25 12:03:13  
The best thing about the dagger is the -DT, and DT matters more when you're in melee range. Optimizing your first dagger around that makes sense unless you really do spend 80% of your time shooting.
[+]
By Autocast 2019-02-26 15:05:16  
Question about the LUA + Gearinfo in the guide, Gear info doesn't seem to be counting the base DW from nin or dnc sub (it does notice that I'm dual wielding, just assumes I have 0 base) while at the same time the lua doesn't seem to notice either, just equipping sets.engaged instead of any of the DW sets regardless of what haste value I buff myself to have, any suggestions?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-26 15:27:27  
Suggest you read over the Gearinfo wiki first:
https://github.com/sebyg666/GearInfo/wiki

- DW displayed only accounts for equipment and buffs,
- DW Needed is where your sub/traits are calculated,
- Make sure UGS (update gearswap) is set to true (//gi ugs true).
By Autocast 2019-02-26 16:05:17  
I see that now, thanks, also a problem was a job command function in my global file stopping things from working, when that was corrected it worked like 90% of the time, problem seems to be more on the gear info side.

sometimes it just doesn't update my haste values as I'm sitting here buffing my char with a brd, most of the time it does though, but sometimes it doesn't.

Also when gearinfo is updating, in some cases, the lua isn't changing gear. Like in the case of haste1 + honor march, gear info lists 324 magic haste, I assume the lua is supposed to equip the sets.engaged.DW.midhaste (30% magic haste) set, but it doesn't. (sorry if I'm incorrect in how this is supposed to work)

Another issue is while the gear info notice text is showing that marcato or soulvoice is used, the stats updating into gear info are just the normal +8 song values, not sure if that is just how gear info works or a problem on my end.

I realize this is turning into more of a gear info post but only real concern is just getting a decent cor LUA atm.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-26 17:53:09  
Yeah, make sure you don't have any duplicate functions across your lua and your globals.

I'm not sure if gearinfo detects SV/Marcato songs. I'll have to check the wiki or code to see.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 121 122 123