フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 121 122 123
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-03-14 22:08:39  
Am I crazy, or does anyone else get metalsinger performing better?
By aigulfe 2019-03-14 22:23:56  
Eh theres some value in capping attack that way for sure though. Swap buffs around. Ditch Chaos or Fury maybe or swap in an acc song for high acc content and still cap attack or put up fighters roll or tact instead.. id say allies but this is savage blade we talking about. You can squeeze more out of it that way, no?
By Afania 2019-03-14 23:21:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Am I crazy, or does anyone else get metalsinger performing better?

Metalsinger performs better at capped attack, but it doesnt seem to win on spreadsheet if uncapped.
By Nsane 2019-03-16 17:18:02  
SimonSes said: »
I tested Orpheus's. It adds 15 affinity when you are 0-1 (cna't remember now if 0-1 or 0-1.9) from target and it decreases by one for every 1 range (so drops to 1 at 15 or 16 range). I added a rule in my lua that I use sash for range 10 and less. Also it takes range value between you and the center of the mob, so if mob is really big, it doesn't matter, you would need to "go inside" it to take full benefit of Sash.

Can you share how you added your rule please.
By SimonSes 2019-03-16 18:56:43  
Nsane said: »
I tested Orpheus's. It adds 15 affinity when you are 0-1 (cna't remember now if 0-1 or 0-1.9) from target and it decreases by one for every 1 range (so drops to 1 at 15 or 16 range). I added a rule in my lua that I use sash for range 10 and less. Also it takes range value between you and the center of the mob, so if mob is really big, it doesn't matter, you would need to "go inside" it to take full benefit of Sash.

Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then

if spell.english == 'Leaden Salute' then
if spell.target.distance < 10 then
equip(sets.Orpheus)
end	
By Nsane 2019-03-16 20:24:09  

Code

equip(sets.Orpheus)
end	

So This works kind of for me, but I suck at gearswap, suck at writing script in general....
Code
    if (spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' or spell.english == "Double-Up") then
    elseif spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
        if flurry == 2 then
            equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry2)
        elseif flurry == 1 then
            equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry1)
        end
    -- Equip obi if weather/day matches for WS.
    elseif spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
            if player.tp > 3000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Leaden Salute'].FullTP)
            end
            if world.weather_element == 'Dark' or world.day_element == 'Dark' then
                equip(sets.Obi)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Wild Fire' then
            if player.tp > 3000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Wild Fire'].FullTP)
            end
            if world.weather_element == 'Fire' or world.day_element == 'Fire' then
                equip(sets.Obi)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Last Stand' then
            if player.tp > 2500 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'].FullTP)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Savage Blade' then
            if player.tp > 2000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'].FullTP)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Evisceration' then
            if player.tp > 2000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].FullTP)
            end
		end
    end
end

if spell.english == 'Leaden Salute' or "Wild Fire" or "Aeolian Edge" then
		equip(sets.Sash)
			end
		end
	end
end

The problem is now it wont equip my Obi under weather/day, but if I put your lines in the top it will, but wont equip the Sash. Appreciate the help in advance, and thank you for your reply.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-16 21:00:37  
You can't have two separate post_precast functions. The second will overwrite the first.

Combine them.
By Nsane 2019-03-16 21:03:16  
Ended up with this
Code
    if (spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' or spell.english == "Double-Up") then
    elseif spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
        if flurry == 2 then
            equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry2)
        elseif flurry == 1 then
            equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry1)
        end
    elseif spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
            if player.tp > 3000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Leaden Salute'].FullTP)
            end
				equip(sets.Sash)
			end
            if world.weather_element == 'Dark' or world.day_element == 'Dark' then
                equip(sets.Obi)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Wild Fire' then
            if player.tp > 3000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Wild Fire'].FullTP)
            end
				equip(sets.Sash)
			end
            if world.weather_element == 'Fire' or world.day_element == 'Fire' then
                equip(sets.Obi)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Last Stand' then
            if player.tp > 2500 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'].FullTP)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Savage Blade' then
            if player.tp > 2000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'].FullTP)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Evisceration' then
            if player.tp > 2000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].FullTP)
            end
		end
        if spell.english == 'Aeolian Edge' then
            if player.tp > 2000 then
                equip(sets.precast.WS['Aeolian Edge'].FullTP)
            end
				equip(sets.Sash)
			end
            if world.weather_element == 'Wind' or world.day_element == 'Wind' then
                equip(sets.Obi)
            end
		end
	end
end

Thank you everyone for your help.
By SimonSes 2019-03-17 03:25:12  
Thank you everyone for your help.

Yeah sorry I usually only post part of the code that's important so in this example name of the main function and all the ifs. Copying whole job_post_precast function would maybe be better if I think about it, but I didn't want to post a lot of irrelevant code. I'm glad that Arislan was around and helped you :)
By Nsane 2019-03-17 09:08:50  
So some testing...

Distance: 0.8 Yalms

First Group: Svelt. Gouriz +1
Second Group: Orpheus's Sash
Third Group: Hachirin-no-Obi w/ Voidstorm1

Distance: 3 Yalms

Distance: 6 Yalms

Distance: 9 Yalms

Distance: 12 Yalms

Distance: 14 Yalms, After 14.0 Sash no longer produces bonus.

By SimonSes 2019-03-17 09:13:45  
Im almost sure it always produce 1% affinity bonus at 14+. Even at 20.
By Nsane 2019-03-17 09:20:24  
Im almost sure it always produce 1% affinity bonus at 14+. Even at 20.

Yeah, without cape DMG went from 51,638 to 51,259
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-17 09:23:37  
Looks like you need a more robust rule.
By SimonSes 2019-03-17 09:38:56  
I have distance 10, because around that it starting to lose with Eschan belt. Obi is whole different story, but like I suggested in the past, it's still not as simple as just comparing damage with obi vs non proc damage with sash, because unless you are doing 99999 dmg, you still can have weather/day proc randomly with Sash and that randomness is pretty high (according to bgwiki around 1/3 chance), so avg damage with voidstorm and sash will be (damage*affinity)*0.33*1.1
By Nsane 2019-03-17 09:55:26  
you still can have weather/day proc randomly with Sash and that randomness is pretty high (according to bgwiki around 1/3 chance), so avg damage with voidstorm and sash will be (damage*affinity)*0.33*1.1

Would explain why my DMG was all over the place first group of testing I did, wasn't removing my Voidstorm.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-17 10:07:35  
I have distance 10, because around that it starting to lose with Eschan belt. Obi is whole different story, but like I suggested in the past, it's still not as simple as just comparing damage with obi vs non proc damage with sash, because unless you are doing 99999 dmg, you still can have weather/day proc randomly with Sash and that randomness is pretty high (according to bgwiki around 1/3 chance), so avg damage with voidstorm and sash will be (damage*affinity)*0.33*1.1
That formula is incorrect; the average damage would be (damage*affinity)*(1+0.33*0.1)
By SimonSes 2019-03-17 10:44:22  
Asura.Geriond said: »
That formula is incorrect; the average damage would be (damage*affinity)*(1+0.33*0.1)

yeha yeah I was writing it quickly before afk. Good catch tho.
By lhova 2019-03-17 17:55:58  
Can anyone show a non rostam dual wield Racc set for wave 2 boss their using? I was thinking dual wielding Lanun for the racc but I was curious about the rest. I hear you need 1600 racc for him and without food I can only get 1343 racc. With sushi I can get another 100 and with hunters probably 40-50 more. I wasn’t in the bard party last run so don’t think I can get preludes.
By Afania 2019-03-17 21:32:04  
lhova said: »
Can anyone show a non rostam dual wield Racc set for wave 2 boss their using? I was thinking dual wielding Lanun for the racc but I was curious about the rest. I hear you need 1600 racc for him and without food I can only get 1343 racc. With sushi I can get another 100 and with hunters probably 40-50 more. I wasn’t in the bard party last run so don’t think I can get preludes.

I generally have buffs for wave 2, so I dont need that much racc. But if you really do heres my max racc set:

ItemSet 242238
Back: AGI/racc.

Replace arma with fomal if you use that instead, you can also replace hajduk ring with soa one if you have it. Ignore the rostam if you dont have them.
By hobo 2019-03-17 21:36:19  
Are you accounting for geo buffs? Even if you are not in the bard party there should be a geo in your party to give accuracy up or evasion down. (I don't know geo, I just shoot stuff)

I am assuming that if you are shooting that there is proper support and you are not the one off. I sit at 1321 racc with Rostam and without food and I was hitting fine when no bard buffs.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-03-17 23:44:11  
Some groups (like mine) do wave 3 with MB strat and they can forget that if they want cor dmg they need to do acc/Eva- stuffs, talk to your group because having a decent cor adding to damage on wave 3 is for sure worth the extra spells.
By lhova 2019-03-23 13:05:39  
Are most Cors spamming last stand on the wave 2 boss? My leadens weren’t hit big numbers at all.
By SimonSes 2019-03-23 13:28:38  
Are most Cors spamming last stand on the wave 2 boss? My leadens weren’t hit big numbers at all.

Savage blade
[+]
By lhova 2019-03-23 14:07:30  

Savage blade

Interesting, with his massive aoe I didn’t think Cors would stay in melee range and just Zerg with savage.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-23 14:11:59  

Nudge one of your GEO's buddies to put Malaise on it
By Afania 2019-03-23 14:14:56  

Savage blade

Interesting, with his massive aoe I didn’t think Cors would stay in melee range and just Zerg with savage.

If your other DDs can run in and stay alive, then so can cor.
By hobo 2019-03-23 17:23:05  

My group which is clearing rng/cor style does last stand. Leaden can do a bit more but we don't trust people to pay attention to the boss specials so we do last stand.
By Autocast 2019-03-23 18:46:55  
Probably a stupid and pointless question but was just curious, Does the marksmanship skill on ilvl guns increase leaden magic accuracy?

I always assumed ilvl guns were more accurate because of magic acc skill on ilvl weapons, just recently noticed they don't even have those stats like melee weapons, so was curious what makes an ilvl gun more accurate when it comes to leaden than non ilvl?

Is it the marksmanship skill? or are they equally the same in terms of leaden accuracy (excluding magic acc on the weapon themselves)
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-23 18:51:52  
Autocast said: »
Probably a stupid and pointless question but was just curious, Does the marksmanship skill on ilvl guns increase leaden magic accuracy?

I always assumed ilvl guns were more accurate because of magic acc skill on ilvl weapons, just recently noticed they don't even have those stats like melee weapons, so was curious what makes an ilvl gun more accurate when it comes to leaden than non ilvl?

Is it the marksmanship skill? or are they equally the same in terms of leaden accuracy (excluding magic acc on the weapon themselves)

I'd assume the marksmanship skill counts for something. But much like is the case with Thibron for the jobs that can use it, you can actually Leaden Salute using Anarchy+2~Ataktos TP Bonus gun on fairly high level targets... I just wouldn't be too surprised when that damage starts to drop off on very high level content. (Maybe worth doing for lols if you don't have R15 DP and you have a RDM floating around)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-23 18:54:43  
Ranged Weapon Magic Accuracy benefits from the Magic Accuracy Skill on your mainhand, I believe.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 121 122 123