Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 121 122 123
By Korgull 2020-08-10 11:26:49  
You switch to arma on wave 3 because volte are resistant to dark element(leaden), to boost your damage. You can run arma for pure ranged or join the dd party and go melee with OAT Rostam and spam wildfire.
By Whynez 2020-08-10 11:43:03  
Even with dark resistance my LS using DP outdoes my Wildfire using Arma. As far as being in the DD party wouldn't savage blade spam pull ahead? I can hit 30k savage while WF usually hits 20-24k.
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-10 11:48:08  
From what I've tried Leaden only really pulls ahead if you've got support from a GEO casting Malaise.
By SimonSes 2020-08-10 11:50:13  
I have seen WF doing way more than that, but I cant say if thats your set being weak, different buffs or both.
By Whynez 2020-08-10 11:59:07  
This is my WF set

ammo="Living Bullet",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+1','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+12','Attack+7',}},
body={ name="Lanun Frac +3", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+29','CHR+1','Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
neck="Commodore Charm +2",
waist="Eschan Stone",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Hecate's Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}}

Our ranged party is usually a whm, brd, rngx2, cor x2. rolls on wave 3 are Wizards, Samurai, Warlock, Hunters. We have 2 GEO in alliance putting down Malaise and Frailty. (I know, herc helm augments aren't great)
By Afania 2020-08-10 12:11:30  
Whynez said: »
Even with dark resistance my LS using DP outdoes my Wildfire using Arma. As far as being in the DD party wouldn't savage blade spam pull ahead? I can hit 30k savage while WF usually hits 20-24k.

Been a while since I do w3 but I remember my wf was hitting around 40k to 45k on volte.

That's about an year ago.

Also do a ra before mobs move into melee range for extra round of TP, and use ra on DRG mobs to avoid shockspike. Switch to DP on fetters since leaden works better on it.

This is my WF set

ammo="Living Bullet",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+1','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+12','Attack+7',}},
body={ name="Lanun Frac +3", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+29','CHR+1','Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
neck="Commodore Charm +2",
waist="Eschan Stone",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Hecate's Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}}

Our ranged party is usually a whm, brd, rngx2, cor x2. rolls on wave 3 are Wizards, Samurai, Warlock, Hunters. We have 2 GEO in alliance putting down Malaise and Frailty. (I know, herc helm augments aren't great)

Is your arma R15? Ask for firestorm from whm? Waist/head/ring could use some improvement but I don't see a 20k difference in those slots. I'm guessing either resist or the lack of r15 on the gun.

It's also possible that your malaise geo isn't doing the job, or maybe your alliance needs geo focus for extra macc.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-08-10 12:12:47  
I only had good experiences swapping to Arma for wildfire on wave3 mercs using rng/cor magic setups. They were doing 40-45k always unresisted vs leadens 30kish at 1k tp, can be further boosted with fireshots. Tripleshot/quad leaden tp rounds for leaden match or slightly exceed wildfires 1k spam for sure but you still get occ low resists no matter your macc with warlocks roll for leaden use.

With good tact/sams roll and shooting sets your tp phase is taking 1 shot to get to 1k tp. You can't do that with DP barring triple shot. I do swap to DP alot in w3 when doing elemental circles still as well for when NMs Runs have rayked and gambited said Nms. And ofc for megaboss. Our Runs could pullback the entire circle build hate on all. Plant the Bog boosted circle down one tanks stuff while other pulls a far off circle in most zones back to BOG/Eclip bubble. For me 2 leadens doing 30-40k at various tp phases seldom killed a fomor solo. 2 Wildfire + darkness easily does. Or just leave the rngs to deal with the last few you can start on nm. Going cor/dnc for skillchain boost just makes it even better. 40k WF into 2 fireshots into a boosted WF darkness is pretty nice.

Theres the benefit of instead of 2 cors slowly gimping same element type dmg using leaden x2 adding one doing fire will help slow that down. Least in my group when we use to go i was only one who used arma wildfire on wave 3.
[+]
By Whynez 2020-08-10 12:15:16  
Haven't R15'd arma, wasn't sure if it was worth the investment, but knowing that it can put out those kinds of numbers I'll definitely be shifting my focus to it (just about to finish R15 on DP). I really love the gun and I'm happy to see that it has a good use.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-08-10 12:17:47  
I was on the same fence as you thinking if i should r15 Arma or not. It really is a improvement i think after i'v made it as far as including it for w3 stuff. Think theres a few ambus its really nice/pefered for as well. You can't WS most of the time so white damage is super good for it.
By Afania 2020-08-10 12:23:25  
I'd rank R15 arma a much better investment than R15 fomal at this point. Having a competitive fire elemental WS is invaluable because fire elemental pretty much covers anything darkness doesn't work. And we already know how OP magical ws are in this game.

The most fun I had with arma is melee zerde, 80k-99999 wildfire all day with melee ws frequency, thing just melt in a min or so and cor can trio it with brd and geo. Who needs a smn when we have wildfire :D
By Whynez 2020-08-10 12:52:43  
My Foma gets no use as it is. To go back to the upgrades you mentioned on my WF set, I'm guessing those are Epaminondas, Skrymir +1, and better Herc helm augments?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-08-10 13:17:38  
Anyone able to explain how Arma is being used in low man dyna-d? I searched the thread, but only found a couple comments about owning the gun, really curious how the strategy works.

I lowman Wave1/Wave2 (COR + Tank + GEO) and I've found that Arma is superior to DP in Bastok Wave2, Windy Wave 1 + Wave 2, and Jeuno Wave 2. In those instances WF + WF at 1k is more tp-efficient and reliable than trying to hold for 2-3k TP to one-shot things w/ Leaden. SP avoidance and TP-efficiency are the most important aspect of low-man farming and sometimes that requires a gun swap.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aerison 2020-08-10 15:05:19  
Afania said: »
I'd rank R15 arma a much better investment than R15 fomal at this point. Having a competitive fire elemental WS is invaluable because fire elemental pretty much covers anything darkness doesn't work. And we already know how OP magical ws are in this game.

The most fun I had with arma is melee zerde, 80k-99999 wildfire all day with melee ws frequency, thing just melt in a min or so and cor can trio it with brd and geo. Who needs a smn when we have wildfire :D
Press X to doubt.
[+]
By Afania 2020-08-10 15:05:56  
My Foma gets no use as it is. To go back to the upgrades you mentioned on my WF set, I'm guessing those are Epaminondas, Skrymir +1, and better Herc helm augments?

1st page has a wf set.

Sash from trove for melee.

Asura.Memes said: »
With trusts in the other 3 slots?

Yes.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-08-10 16:34:38  
I have R15 DP and R15 Arma and BiS sets. In my W3 runs Leaden parses higher.

Normally run 12 man (tank party and ranged party) and here's our setup in the ranged party and our buffs:

1 to 2 RNGs
2 to 3 CORS BLM, SAM, RDM, TACT rolls and if 3 cors RNG, DRK rolls
1 GEO SCH subbed. Acumen/Malaise. Spams Entrust buffs because of so much Random Deal spam. Lightstorm on RNG
1 BRD (Honestly not sure of the buffs but probably something like Honor March, Ranged Acc and Preludes)

Second Geo outside of party Geo-Langour. BRDs are constantly Dark Threnody all mobs. RDM in tank party will give Flurry II to ranged dps and debuff mobs eva/mag eva. Cors will coordinate/rotate random deals around tripleshot/double shot timers.

Leaden parses higher in the above setup and not to mention Double dark weather (20%) vs Firestorm (10%). What hurts wildfire the most is constant TP overflow from triple shot that leaden can take advantage of. I really hate that Wildfire does not increase in DMG with more TP.

There was one run we took a third geo for frailty and I had chaos roll for Arma AM3. Even with my AM3 TP set (pulled from this guide) I lost parse to my identical geared COR buddy (we're always within 1% or 2% of each other) who spammed Leaden Salute.

I really tried to give Arma a shot in W3 dyna. I did it non stop for a month. Now I will only use Arma god forbid we don't have any RNGs to take in so Wildfire will reset Dyna D damage resistance on Leaden Salute for my other cors (we're swimming with R15 Leaden cors in our LS and kinda starved on RNGs tbh)
By Pilipinoboi 2020-08-10 16:44:04  
Wildfire will not be able to compete or outparse Leaden or Trueflight inside Dynamis. The purpose for having 1 Wildfire person inside W3 is to reset the decay of damage Leaden / Trueflight. (Which the person prior to my post has already touched upon.)

However, that person being the designated WF spammer has a very important role for the alliance even though they won't show up on top parses against TF RNG / Leaden COR / RDM on Fetters.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Korgull 2020-08-10 21:01:05  
Haven't R15'd arma, wasn't sure if it was worth the investment, but knowing that it can put out those kinds of numbers I'll definitely be shifting my focus to it (just about to finish R15 on DP). I really love the gun and I'm happy to see that it has a good use.

My COR has bis pre/mid shot sets and r15 DP, and have sold A LOT of wave 3 clears with my ls, so i consider myself skilled on that. I have only lost parse to our pimp grastra rng, and he beats me by a decent margin (7-10%), due to volte taking full damage from Trueflight.

Anyways, there is one melee cor that went with us, he ran with the melee party and had a OAT Rostam and r15 Arma, and he absolutely destroyed the parse... sometimes he even beat the Grastra RNG. Idk whats the trick to it, but arma has something to do with that definetly.

I was motivated to make my arma because of that COR, and my parse has improved, but since i dont do wave 3 mercs anymore, i dont feel like buying and leveling an OAT rostam to test.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-08-10 21:21:36  
Korgull said: »

Anyways, there is one melee cor that went with us, he ran with the melee party and had a OAT Rostam and r15 Arma

That's most likely your explanation there. If you can melee with melee buffs (capped haste, capped acc, multi attack procs), you'll TP way faster than anyone range attacking and WS more
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-10 22:44:19  
Can someone help me figure out why my COR lua is equipping Chrono bullet for a split second before shooting while I'm in RAcc mode? I'm getting "you don't have the proper weapon equipped" whenever I try to shoot with ranged acc mode on.

https://pastebin.com/RymeYn0x
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-08-10 23:06:43  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Can someone help me figure out why my COR lua is equipping Chrono bullet for a split second before shooting while I'm in RAcc mode?

I'm assuming you have Flurry or Flurry II up? I had this same issue, I had to end up making a sets.precast.RA.Flurry1.Acc set that had my Devastating Bullet in it. Ditto for sets.precast.RA.Flurry2.Acc, sets.precast.RA.Flurry1.HighAcc, etc etc. The precast is still calling for Chrono Bullet unless you specify modes for each form of flurry.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-10 23:19:33  
I believe that's it. Thank you!
By Mrxi 2020-08-11 00:09:08  
Pilipinoboi said: »
Wildfire will not be able to compete or outparse Leaden or Trueflight inside Dynamis. The purpose for having 1 Wildfire person inside W3 is to reset the decay of damage Leaden / Trueflight. (Which the person prior to my post has already touched upon.)

However, that person being the designated WF spammer has a very important role for the alliance even though they won't show up on top parses against TF RNG / Leaden COR / RDM on Fetters.
the thf should be doing 4 ws. fastest runs ever. but yes should have a wf cor
By Faibel 2020-08-11 00:13:21  

May I ask how was your party able to do consistent 80-99K WF (without resists) on Zerde with just brd and geo?

The only way we found we could reach those numbers was to stack on as much +mag acc buffs / -mag eva debuffs as possible (idris bolster geo, ignis rayke, frazzle 2, stewpot etc.), and even then we would get ~60% resist rates resulting in some 20-40K WF's.

Thanks!
By Afania 2020-08-11 08:40:25  
With trusts in the other 3 slots?

Yes.
Tell us more. I assume one is a trust tank, and the GEO is stunning Just Desserts?

Geo stuns obviously, no trust tank.

Faibel said: »

May I ask how was your party able to do consistent 80-99K WF (without resists) on Zerde with just brd and geo?

The only way we found we could reach those numbers was to stack on as much +mag acc buffs / -mag eva debuffs as possible (idris bolster geo, ignis rayke, frazzle 2, stewpot etc.), and even then we would get ~60% resist rates resulting in some 20-40K WF's.

Thanks!

The time that I did 80k-99k was in a bigger party, it was trioed by someone else. Not sure if they hit as hard as I did back then. I assume they still hits it pretty hard and close to my number since it develops stun resist if it's not killed fast enough.
By Afania 2020-08-11 08:47:55  
Pilipinoboi said: »

I wasn't able to average 40k to 45k leaden even without an alliance spamming leaden. On volte that kind of leaden number only ever pop when brd landed threnody, with everyone targeting different mobs and mobs dying a few sec after engage it's entirely way to slow and unreliable to wait for brd for anything.

You can swap weapon to DP for leaden on fetters. I generally swap between 3 different guns in Dyna D: arma on volte, DP on fetters and boss, TP bonus for AE adds. But I guess if you roll with a RNG pt then leaden gets devalued more. We always do melee pt so leaden never decay. But it still doesn't beat WF.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-12 16:51:38  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
Can someone help me figure out why my COR lua is equipping Chrono bullet for a split second before shooting while I'm in RAcc mode?

I'm assuming you have Flurry or Flurry II up? I had this same issue, I had to end up making a sets.precast.RA.Flurry1.Acc set that had my Devastating Bullet in it. Ditto for sets.precast.RA.Flurry2.Acc, sets.precast.RA.Flurry1.HighAcc, etc etc. The precast is still calling for Chrono Bullet unless you specify modes for each form of flurry.

Okay, I added that, but it doesn't seem to be working. I added the Flurry1.Acc and Flurry2.Acc sets like you have, but I still get the "You don't seem to have a ranged weapon equiped"
https://pastebin.com/RymeYn0x

Debugmode isn't really helping, it just says "Entering User Event (some hex code here)". What am I missing?
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-08-12 17:15:04  
Can you try removing your ammo line from your midcast.RA and midcast.RA.Acc sets? Purely letting your preshot sets determine which bullet you use. Same with TripleShot.
[+]
By Whynez 2020-08-14 02:09:27  
What method do y’all use for San D’Oria Wave 2 boss? I know he has some kind of - DT, but should my damage be overall pretty terrible? (Sub 10k on WS).
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 121 122 123