users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 121 122 123
By Haorhu8 2021-03-11 15:59:29  
Asura.Bippin said: »
There are better preshot pieces for every slot then Ikenga

i'm not using lazzy lua gearswap.
for me that set its fking amazing only miss +10 ranged acc on each* slots (back is snapshot +)

input /equip ammo "Chrono bullet"
input /equip head "Ikenga's hat"
input /equip neck "Iskur gorget"
input /equip ear1 "Telos earring"
input /equip ear2 "Beyla earring"
input /equip body "Ikenga's vest"
input /equip hands "Ikenga's gloves"
input /equip ring1 "Ilabrat ring"
input /equip ring2 "Haverton ring"

input /equip waist "Yemaya belt"
input /equip legs "Ikenga's trousers"
input /equip feet "Ikenga's clogs"
By zixxer 2021-03-11 16:08:07  
Haorhu8 said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
There are better preshot pieces for every slot then Ikenga

i'm not using lazzy lua gearswap.
for me that set its fking amazing only miss +10 ranged acc on each* slots (back is snapshot +)

input /equip ammo "Chrono bullet"
input /equip head "Ikenga's hat"
input /equip neck "Iskur gorget"
input /equip ear1 "Telos earring"
input /equip ear2 "Beyla earring"
input /equip body "Ikenga's vest"
input /equip hands "Ikenga's gloves"
input /equip ring1 "Ilabrat ring"
input /equip ring2 "Haverton ring"

input /equip waist "Yemaya belt"
input /equip legs "Ikenga's trousers"
input /equip feet "Ikenga's clogs"

Look into the games equipset feature. It will help organize your macros and even provide you with more rooms for commands.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2021-03-11 16:14:33  
i dont know anything about equipset -_-
By Haorhu8 2021-03-11 16:40:57  
Nyame set a *** puzzle whose possibilities seem personal and situational nothing impossible but still

legs SB / last stand
Head WF
hands ??
rest of the set maacc ?
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-11 16:54:40  
I feel like going Path D (the only one with M.Acc)on Nyame is really wasted potential, as that is the pet centric path, and it is debatable if that will actually be worth using unless you are hardcore on BST or PUP.

when looking at gear and such, I could easily see going B on Head/Hands/Legs in order to toss out all of the Oseem augmented pieces for all jobs involved. also need to take into account what other jobs you play that can make the most out of any given piece, and with Ikenga in the mix as well, it will likely be several days for the math to begin to settle.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-03-11 17:17:50  
i dont know anything about equipset -_-

Go to macro
Edit equipset
Choose a set to edit for example set001
Put all of the gear you want for that set

Now go to your regular macro that you already know about and put in the macro line "/equipset 01" and that's it.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2021-03-11 18:22:55  
ahhh but yes I see my concern remains that of not being able to extend my set of page / line equipment I remain stuck in the 2 basic row
nothing impossible some research should be enough besides equipset serves me in lockstyle -_-
By zixxer 2021-03-11 18:50:45  
ahhh but yes I see my concern remains that of not being able to extend my set of page / line equipment I remain stuck in the 2 basic row
nothing impossible some research should be enough besides equipset serves me in lockstyle -_-

Here is an example of Bayonette using the equipset in macro.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/106/#3566799
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-03-11 19:04:33  
legs SB / last stand
It's also bis for Leaden/WF, unless you have some crazy DM highrolls on your herc legs.
[+]
By Whynez 2021-03-12 10:44:47  
What builds have people been using for segment farming? Find PUGs want me to go w/ SB spam, but in farming with my static I’m finding Exentrator > Last Stand w/ self light to be the most consistent on damage. Tried doing a run on MNK and found my COR killed just as fast, but with more utility.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-03-12 11:52:34  
Whynez said: »
What builds have people been using for segment farming? Find PUGs want me to go w/ SB spam, but in farming with my static I’m finding Exentrator > Last Stand w/ self light to be the most consistent on damage. Tried doing a run on MNK and found my COR killed just as fast, but with more utility.

Do you have formalhaut? Why not savage > last stand > last stand?
By Whynez 2021-03-12 12:18:54  
I have foma at R15, I’ve been using exentrator because I can get TP faster w/ Rostam path B and blurred knife. I’ll give Naegling a shot when we go today and see how it works.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-12 13:20:53  
I have mainly been tanking segment farming but couple runs I have done on cor been sticking to whatever 2 WS will kill a mob. Usually double leaden, on mobs leaden doesnt work Last stand self skillchain or savage spam depending on mob type. My group doesn't bring blunt so avoids skeletons so haven't messed with WF.

on floor 4 i think mobs goin to take 3 ws unless leaden weak so savage>ls>ls maybe worth it
By Whynez 2021-03-12 13:47:12  
I def alternate to Leaden when mobs are weak to it. Most trash I can kill in 2 or less WS, but beastmen usually take 3 WS to down.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-12 14:03:02  
Mobs have too much HP to 1shot in C to 1shot so assuming killing in 2 WS id just focus on getting time to WS as low as possible.

I have some downtime at work so I'm adding all the gear in the last like 2.5 years to latest spreadsheet I have. Implementing PDL goin to be a pain so dunno if I will get to that any time soon.
[+]
By Whynez 2021-03-12 14:10:53  
A lot of the leaden weak stuff I can finish off w/ leaden + quickdraw. Just unlocked Nyame gear so excited to see where those pieces fit.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-12 19:27:00  
Added a bunch of gear to the latest spreadsheet that atleast I had. I probably missed some useful Unity items can msg me or post here and ill get em.

PDL DOES NOT WORK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8bxxVASRxofNhkz1O2m2MBMEvcnvLEKBOMogR6_URo/edit?usp=sharing

To Do:
Fix whatever typos/entry errors
add missing items
implement PDL
add other foods
Check if True Shot is working
clear out useless gear from pre-escha era
[+]
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-03-13 01:44:58  
So...Gleti's knife? Does that rank high as a melee sub?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-13 04:19:54  
Hades.Dade said: »
Added a bunch of gear to the latest spreadsheet that atleast I had. I probably missed some useful Unity items can msg me or post here and ill get em.

PDL DOES NOT WORK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8bxxVASRxofNhkz1O2m2MBMEvcnvLEKBOMogR6_URo/edit?usp=sharing

To Do:
add missing items
implement PDL
add other foods
It will need some other updates based on my last notes and my testing after my last update for magic wses and other things.

So I had quite the timing I actually started working on updating this yesterday. I have no problem stopping though and letting you take it over but I did want to see which version yours was based on but that link doesn't let me view it says I need to request access.

I did request access but I think you meant to just make it public.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-13 08:42:50  
Whynez said: »

My group has been running Sheol C for around 6 weeks now on a regular basis, and about 90% of the runs I've been on COR. The biggest suggestions I can make for that particular zone is to not approach thinking of mobs as "having a weakness", but more "having a resistance".

Most of the time, mobs will take neutral/normal damage from all but 1 type, and I've found Savage Blade to be the most reliable damage. That doesn't mean you won't run into mobs that are slashing resistant. And while in A or B Leaden Salute is almost always a guaranteed winner, often the mobs that are slashing resistant end up being undead, making Leaden average at best- and due to the ability to self-chain and spam at 1k TP, I've found that Wildfire ends up being my go-to when Savage falls short.

-We run with PLD, heavy DDx2(usually SAM or WAR as they can vary between piercing and slashing so effectively), BRD, COR, WHM. Buffs are March x2, Minuet x2, SAM/CHAOS rolls.

Even with a very solid Savage Blade build, I'm not able to build TP on a Nostos mob and then kill with a single Savage Blade- there's usually between 15-25% HP left. That means no matter the TP level, its going to take 2 WSs to kill. That's why Wildfire, which even with R15 Armageddon and mobs that are susceptible to it, will still take 2 WSs, but ends up with overall fewer swings and faster death. 2 1k TP Wildfires vs 1 Savage at 1750TP and then a 1k TP one to finish it off. That's more time spent TP'ing for the same result- a dead mob. Multiply those saved attack rounds over the course of a run, and it adds up. But again, that's when the mob family is workable with magic damage.

For the most part, we pull halos/fetters by having the COR focus primarily on the Nostos while the heavy DDs handle the Agon mobs, so I rarely spend time on the Beastmen. It keeps things moving and allows for larger pulls.

tl;dr- Nostos mobs in C will take 2 WSs outside of a very few limited families that are susceptible to Leaden, and there aren't enough of those to make it your go-to WS. Savage Blade will be your primary source of damage, but having Wildfire around and a solid build is a huge help. The most effective way I've found to kill things in there for us has been teaming up on the same mob with a DD'ing BRD- then 2 WS's will happen before most Nostos mobs can even use a TP move, while the heavies can knock them down individually.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-13 14:19:26  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Hades.Dade said: »

PDL DOES NOT WORK

To Do:
add missing items
implement PDL
add other foods
It will need some other updates based on my last notes and my testing after my last update for magic wses and other things.

So I had quite the timing I actually started working on updating this yesterday. I have no problem stopping though and letting you take it over but I did want to see which version yours was based on but that link doesn't let me view it says I need to request access.

I did request access but I think you meant to just make it public.

I'd rather not do it honestly. You have better knowledge of what current state of it and how it works. I just couldn't find a cor spreadsheet that wasn't horribly out of date. I thought there was one post Shoel B floating, but I couldn't find it. The one I used was from when i added follow up attacks when dynamis D dropped forever ago.

fixed link
By Whynez 2021-03-14 06:23:44  
Don’t have to tell me twice to use WF, I love any content I get to use my Arma.
By klayy 2021-03-14 21:34:33  
Yeah Savage works fairly well in C. If you've seen the resistance chart, only 2 types of nostos resist slashing while 3 types resist all the other stuff. I started out on COR in C and did ok but didn't do it enough times to really know when to stick with leaden or abandon it. None of the agons resists magic but it didn't seem to excel against lamia for certain. Mamools I felt like it did better on.

I made the call to switch myself to WAR the previous two runs and just tore through it. Really no slowing down a strong WAR that can cover 3 types of dmg. Last run I did on WAR I think I just used Savage on everything except the lamia. We didn't get any undead.
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-03-15 00:41:37  
So I've been thinking about picking up this job over ranger as something new but keep hearing how gear intensive it is. How much gear do you need to have before touching endgame? I just want to know what stats/items/weapons I should have when I roll into an ambu or whatnot since I've never played the class and its all new to me.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-15 17:50:07  
Asura.Raitoken said: »
So I've been thinking about picking up this job over ranger as something new but keep hearing how gear intensive it is. How much gear do you need to have before touching endgame? I just want to know what stats/items/weapons I should have when I roll into an ambu or whatnot since I've never played the class and its all new to me.

COR is only a little more gear intensive than Ranger, so if you were already considering that, it just becomes a question of which do you want to play. both have a lot of shared gear that is still used (Oshosi, Abjuration gear), utilizes most of its AF/Relic/Empyrean armors, relies on your to figure out how far you want to go with Dual Wield sets and the like, as well as diving down a rabbit hole of which melee and ranged options match the situation.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-15 23:39:15  
Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
So...Gleti's knife? Does that rank high as a melee sub?

Missed this. I do think its a better off hand when fightersroll is up and maybe overall for naegl savage spam.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-16 03:02:34  
Asura.Raitoken said: »

There's so much overlap in gear that I'm actually more shocked at the Rangers who don't also have Corsair available. JSE handles the vast majority of different gear needs (rolls, the WSD pieces, a couple that will save you fighting Oseem like you probably did for some of your Ranger sets), but your ranged sets (preshot/midshot/tripleshot) will look extremely similar between the jobs- barring those JSE differences I mentioned prior.

Probably the biggest difference you may run into between the jobs come in the form of melee sets and Su5 weaponry. If you had built up a Savage Blade RNG, you've got a good start towards needs on COR. Then the debate comes on your wants in terms of Rostam(s)/Lanun Knifes. Even as someone with 3 Rostams, I undersatnd most won't go to that extreme for a single job, and that's fine and workable. But I will suggest to focus on the Roll Rostam and then either the STP+25 path A Rostam or Lanun Knife prior to the Follow-Up Attack path B.

While Path B is superior for meleeing, it offers zero bonuses in terms of augments for shooting. The path A is quite close when meleeing, and also helps your shooting, so double use. If you're not going to go full Rostam for your path C option, remember that its in reality a very expensive +duration piece, as +7 on it becomes redundant with a Regal Necklace (which is free).
 Bahamut.Newzarb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2021-03-16 05:36:06  
Rostam is +8 on rolls, so it's an upgrade compared to Regal necklace, unless I missed something !
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-16 11:30:20  
Bahamut.Newzarb said: »
Rostam is +8 on rolls, so it's an upgrade compared to Regal necklace, unless I missed something !

You haven't missed anything. Celeb probably was tired :D
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 121 122 123