String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100
 Fenrir.Sohja
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nama
By Fenrir.Sohja 2024-07-17 13:25:16  
Is Fickblix's ring worth it? it does feel wrong not to get it while playing pet jobs majority of the time solo.
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-17 15:27:04  
It's a pretty good ring if you are finding yourself playing pet jobs most of the time.

The good news is, if you want to change it you can do so once a week anyways. So not a big deal if you want to change it out down the road.

I personally have changed mine out many times depending on content to really maximize a role. Just drop it and go talk to the demon guy again. Can do so once a week(resets on conquest tally).
By Taint 2024-07-17 15:57:15  
Can you drop the ring mid week and get a new one or do you drop it right before conquest tally on Sunday?
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-17 16:39:40  
umm I don't recall when I specifically dropped it, but you can exchange once per conquest tally regardless. Does not have to be right before tally. I'm sure I've done it mid week, late week, early weekday etc. Its not once a week from when you drop/exchange. It is just once per tally. Drop it on a monday for a new one, you're waiting until Sunday to exchange again. Drop it on Saturday for a new one, could exchange it again on Sunday after tally.

I swapped a bunch of times mainly for roles when I was doing v25 ody clears.

But yes, if you drop it, you can get a new one asap. Day does not matter in that regard. Just if you drop it again same tally week, you can't get a new one until the next tally.

Oh and it can't be in your recycle bin. So you have to drop it and zone.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-07-17 16:53:02  
can just trade it to the npc to recharge it
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-17 16:54:47  
Or that I guess ^^ lol I thought it had to be dropped. Learned something new today!
 Fenrir.Sohja
user: Nama
By Fenrir.Sohja 2024-07-17 18:07:41  
wow didnt realize could swap once a week, thank you very much for the info!
By appleshampoo 2024-07-18 09:30:23  
you can drop it mid week
[+]
By Areaden 2024-08-14 19:31:35  
Does anyone have a super solid gs file they can connect me with?
 Asura.Illuminate
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-09-02 01:13:32  
Hi Everyone. New-ish PUP here. My PUP is about ML 8 (ish?). I want to be able to independently do 5% damage on Ngai V25. I was hoping the PUP community might have some experience with this and make suggestions on the set I was going to use? I have all the attachments and (believe) I understand the basics on how to play the job, like how to enhance certain attachments using elemental maneuvers, optimizing things like defense or max hp by using the elemental maneuvers that match the attachment(s). I was told that PUPs can do it with the right pet DT set and using our 1 hour. Food seems to make Akamochi a better choice over grape daifuku. I would be using a standard "turtle" set of attachments. My gear set would be:

Automaton head: Valoredge.
Automaton frame: Valoredge.

main=Midnights: Maneuver effects +2; overload rate -40; pet att. (attack) and acc. (accuracy) +25; dt (damage taken) – 3%
range=Animator P +1: Automaton level 119. All automaton stats +20.
head=Anwig salade:Pet haste +5%; pet dt (damage taken) -10%.
body=Rao togi +1 Path C: Pet hp +125; acc. +20; dt -4%.
hands=Rao kote +1 Path C: Pet hp +125; acc. +20; dt -4%.
legs=Rao haidate +1 Path C: Pet hp +125; acc. +20; dt -4%.
feet=Rao sune-ate +1 Path C: Pet hp +125; acc. +20; dt -4%.
neck=Shulmanu collar:Pet acc. +20; att.+20; DA (double attack) +5%.
waist=Isa belt:Pet evasion +10; subtle blow +5; regen +1; dt -3%.
back=Visucius’s mantle:Pet haste +10%; dt -5%; acc., r.acc., att., and r.att. +20; acc. and r.acc. +10.
left earring=Enmerkar earring: Pet acc. and m.acc. +15; store tp +8; dt -3%.
right earring=Karagoz earring/+1/+2: Automaton level +1
left ring=Varar ring +1: Pet acc. and r.acc. +10; store tp +6.
right ring= Varar ring +1: Pet acc. and r.acc. +10; store tp +6.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you Everyone for your time!
By Seun 2024-09-02 04:05:48  
I'd consider using Taeon over Rao. Rao is healthy, but Taeon has multi attack and Bone Crusher transfers ftp across all hits IIRC.

Mpaca's Gloves are a lock here for sure. Mpaca's Boots also a strong consideration for the + automaton level. Sakpata's Fists might be a better option for pet stats here also.

I'd give daifuku the slight edge for acc, but it's probably not a huge issue for the purpose of RP.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-09-02 11:49:32  
Seun said: »
I'd consider using Taeon over Rao. Rao is healthy, but Taeon has multi attack and Bone Crusher transfers ftp across all hits IIRC.

Mpaca's Gloves are a lock here for sure. Mpaca's Boots also a strong consideration for the + automaton level. Sakpata's Fists might be a better option for pet stats here also.

I'd give daifuku the slight edge for acc, but it's probably not a huge issue for the purpose of RP.

Thanks! So my set would look something like this:

Automaton head: Valoredge.
Automaton frame: Valoredge.
Food: Grape Daifuku

main=Sakpata’s fists: Pet all attributes +20; pet acc. (accuracy), m.(magic) acc., and r.(ranged)acc. +50.
range=Animator P +1: Automaton level 119. All automaton stats +20.
head=Anwig salade:Pet haste +5%; pet dt (damage taken) -10%.
body=Taeon tabard: Pet acc. and r.acc. +25; DA (double attack) +5%; dt -4%
hands=Taeon gloves: Pet acc. and r.acc. +25; DA (double attack) +5%; dt -4%
legs=Taeon tights: Pet acc. and r.acc. +25; DA (double attack) +5%; dt -4%
feet=Mpaca’s boots: Automaton level +1; pet acc., m.acc., and r.acc +50.
neck=Shulmanu collar:Pet acc. +20; att.+20; DA (double attack) +5%.
waist=Isa belt:Pet evasion +10; subtle blow +5; regen +1; dt -3%.
back=Visucius’s mantle:Pet haste +10%; dt -5%; acc., r.acc., att., and r.att. +20; acc. and r.acc. +10.
left earring=Enmerkar earring: Pet acc. and m.acc. +15; store tp +8; dt -3%.
right earring=Karagoz earring/+1/+2: Automaton level +1
left ring=Varar ring +1: Pet acc. and r.acc. +10; store tp +6.
right ring= Varar ring +1: Pet acc. and r.acc. +10; store tp +6.

Attachments:
Armor Plate IV
Auto Repair Kit IV
Attuner
Flame Holder
Inhibitor II
Magniplug II
Mana Jammer IV
Optic Fiber
Optic Fiber 2
Steam Jacket
Truesights
Turbo Charger II
By Seun 2024-09-02 17:38:02  
Looks good, I'd just swap out the truesights attachment for something else. That one is for use with the sharpshot frame, but I'd use Coiler II or the second Magniplug attachment.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-09-02 20:18:03  
Looks good, I'd just swap out the truesights attachment for something else. That one is for use with the sharpshot frame, but I'd use Coiler II or the second Magniplug attachment.

Thanks man :D
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-09-03 15:17:12  

Hey so I went in with those attachments, started with a couple fire maneuvers and light, engaged, one-houred, and my PUP was hitting him for 0 damage constantly. I was under the impression PUP damage was blunt and therefore should hit him for at least some damage? Maybe I'm missing something here.... I had the same body and head, used daifuku, used the attachments above and swapped out the ranged attack one for the maniplug one. Any idea why my automaton is hitting for 0 damage? LOL
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 15:21:08  
Valoredge has a sword (scissors)

It's tp move is blunt though (Bonecrusher)

So to get 5% off, you have to have cor doing comp roll or try it with harlequin, idk how well that'd work (Maybe tomahawk?)
[+]
By Seun 2024-09-03 16:09:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So to get 5% off, you have to have cor doing comp roll or try it with harlequin, idk how well that'd work (Maybe tomahawk?)

I'm also not sure how well harlequin would work. Try with cor as suggested and/or with someone who can apply def down.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100