String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 94 95 96
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-10 08:07:46  
Could body and legs pair good with Mpaca hands feet ?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-10 08:10:02  
I mean, yeah, if you want to give up A/B body/legs slot for (up to)21 other jobs for a 5% increase

Legs in the pure pet set, the dual set would need to be altered to work (probably drops belt for klouskap) I don't know if they would come out better tbh. Both in the auto tp move set (attack dependent?)
By ikudosi 2021-03-10 08:15:41  
I'm sorry but the new set and its pet augments are a major insult. On Pup I've completely given up using DD pets in a party setup in the new content as they are a TP feed w/o inhibitors. I found it much better to just go with a Mnk mentality and bring either a whm automaton out or rdm if there isn't one.
[+]
By Aerix 2021-03-10 15:39:42  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, yeah, if you want to give up A/B body/legs slot for (up to)21 other jobs for a 5% increase

Legs in the pure pet set, the dual set would need to be altered to work (probably drops belt for klouskap) I don't know if they would come out better tbh. Both in the auto tp move set (attack dependent?)

Even with buffs the Automaton typically can't keep up with the master, so removing essential pieces like Moonbow Belt +1 in the Dual TP's waist slot just to slightly buff the Automaton wouldn't be worth it.

In any case, pretty disappointed how those augments turned out. Body and Legs are pretty much the only interesting/useful ones at this point because All Attr. +5 is too small of a bonus to realistically compete with our existing options. Even then, we already have Pitre Tobe +3 for massive Attack+ in the body slot, so depending on PDIF the difference between that and Nyame might be insignificant.

ACC/RACC/MACC aside, the Legs might be the only interesting piece and even that may be replaced by Empy legs +3 in the future.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-10 16:51:58  
Does anybody have experience using PUP on Mboze?
What dod you do? Which gear on master, which attachments/frame/head on Maton?
By Deridjian 2021-03-11 21:49:59  
I was about to delete my post, thank you for reminding me ._."
(Shame on me)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-11 21:51:28  
So where my Path D augmenters at

Which slot would you take if they were all 5% or how much % would it take to get you to take it over A/B 10? 20?
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-03-12 00:08:11  
I’d do it on the leg slot. But I just hate segment farming as pet only pup player so much... It will take me a year probably if i dont just quit out of frustration.
By Aerix 2021-03-12 04:34:12  

Which slot would you take if they were all 5% or how much % would it take to get you to take it over A/B 10? 20?

I'm probably gonnna bite the bullet and do Path D on body and legs just for testing purposes regarding the SS/SS maton.

If they all had +5% I'd probably try to augment them all and then regret it immensely forever. #puplyfe
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-03-12 06:24:35  
Aerix said: »

I'm probably gonnna bite the bullet and do Path D on body and legs just for testing purposes regarding the SS/SS maton.

If they all had +5% I'd probably try to augment them all and then regret it immensely forever. #puplyfe

I mean absolute worst case scenario, someone could always drop a piece and re-acquire/augment...right? Or is there some mechanism in place that would prevent that?
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-12 06:33:10  
You can always drop them and restart augments
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-12 06:43:45  
Has it been confirmed that you cannot indeed own two of the same item with different augments?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-12 06:48:10  
They are R/E, I would be quite surprised if you could. It would be the only strange exception in game lol
By Aerix 2021-03-12 07:47:35  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I mean absolute worst case scenario, someone could always drop a piece and re-acquire/augment...right? Or is there some mechanism in place that would prevent that?

The issue isn't being able to reacquire and reaugment, but rather that it costs extra gil and takes practically forever just to augment a single new piece all the way.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-03-12 07:53:54  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

The issue isn't being able to reacquire and reaugment, but rather that it costs extra gil and takes practically forever just to augment a single new piece all the way.

100%. It wouldn't be ideal or optimal at all, but it is a failsafe if someone were to augment the wrong path or decide later that it was a mistake.
By ikudosi 2021-03-12 08:12:31  

/salute
By Aerix 2021-03-14 00:28:07  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Just tried Mboze for the first time. It was a slightly annoying fight, but we pet burned it with PUP SMN BST GEO COR RDM.

For the Automaton I used a Bruiser setup with Taeon, Steam Jacket, Beast/Comp and Light/Thunder/Fire or Light/Fire/Fire to force Slashing WSs instead of Bone Crusher, but the maton's TP gain relied heavily on Comp because of that. Accuracy was definitely an issue because our RDM had trouble landing Distract, so we're looking into improving that, possibly with Torpor or more MACC support. Whenever the pets died to TP moves, our RDM put on Gravity (also maintained Silence beforehand) and we kited until my maton was able to Provoke. Pretty straightforward otherwise with Garuda doing the lion's share of the damage.

Not sure if this will work on higher Vengeances, but I'll report back once I get to it.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-03-15 00:55:46  
Random question but I'm wondering why Mana Channeler II does not feature in Spiritreaver Burst setups. The recast penalty is steep but wouldn't the Amplifiers forcibly resetting the Elemental Magic recast timer whenever an MB window opens counteract the penalty while still giving the extra MaB?

Is it just a matter of struggling to fit the Mana Channeler in?
By Aerix 2021-03-15 01:12:07  
Ruaumoko said: »
Random question but I'm wondering why Mana Channeler II does not feature in Spiritreaver Burst setups. The recast penalty is steep but wouldn't the Amplifiers forcibly resetting the Elemental Magic recast timer whenever an MB window opens counteract the penalty while still giving the extra MaB?

Last time I tested them (a year ago?) the Mana Channelers completely broke the Amplifier's effect on the AI to reset for MBs. So unless SE ninja-fixed them I wouldn't recommend using those.

That said, if they ever get fixed the recast delay would be highly beneficial because it would stop the maton from wasting as much MP on weak free nukes, which would also lead to fewer Aspirs if Scanner can't prevent them altogether.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-15 03:23:02  

Just tried Mboze for the first time. It was a slightly annoying fight, but we pet burned it with PUP SMN BST GEO COR RDM.

For the Automaton I used a Bruiser setup with Taeon, Steam Jacket, Beast/Comp and Light/Thunder/Fire or Light/Fire/Fire to force Slashing WSs instead of Bone Crusher, but the maton's TP gain relied heavily on Comp because of that. Accuracy was definitely an issue because our RDM had trouble landing Distract, so we're looking into improving that, possibly with Torpor or more MACC support. Whenever the pets died to TP moves, our RDM put on Gravity (also maintained Silence beforehand) and we kited until my maton was able to Provoke. Pretty straightforward otherwise with Garuda doing the lion's share of the damage.

Not sure if this will work on higher Vengeances, but I'll report back once I get to it.
How did you dealt with Tiiimbeeer and with the fact that Astral Conduit doesn't work?
By SimonSes 2021-03-15 05:43:48  
How did you dealt with Tiiimbeeer

Resummon pets? XD
By SimonSes 2021-03-15 05:53:13  
so we're looking into improving that, possibly with Torpor or more MACC support.

Afaik GEO debuffs are nerfed by like 90% and you cant use geo buffs for pet. Maybe try DNC instead of GEO and apply all 4 Dazes. You can also run in from time to time and Climactic Flourish Rudra (TP from Steps>Reverse and tactician's roll only to stay safe at distance). Piercing damage will be resisted, but its still some damage.
By Aerix 2021-03-15 10:22:14  
How did you dealt with Tiiimbeeer and with the fact that Astral Conduit doesn't work?

As I said, when pets died we put Gravity on Mboze and kited it until our resummoned pets got hate back. We never bothered with Conduit and we didn't have time issues, either.

SimonSes said: »
Afaik GEO debuffs are nerfed by like 90% and you cant use geo buffs for pet. Maybe try DNC instead of GEO and apply all 4 Dazes. You can also run in from time to time and Climactic Flourish Rudra (TP from Steps>Reverse and tactician's roll only to stay safe at distance). Piercing damage will be resisted, but its still some damage.

We'd love to use a DNC, but our static unfortunately doesn't have one and it'd be tricky to do it with mules. GEO definitely isn't ideal, but with Focus/Languor it might help just enough to let our RDM land Distract 3 without Stymie. Outside of that, having 10% of Idris Torpor or Frailty is better than nothing at all, especially since the Luopan helps split the 10k damage.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-03-23 17:23:29  
Does any of this apply to pup?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/132/#3570370

I know beasts are in a different time zone then pups, but this guy is saying that with double Nyame BST is expected to have a ilv 145 pet~ in damage
Sakpata's fists have All Attr +20 which is the same as BSTs Agwu's axe, so would it effect our pet the same?
By kairyu 2021-03-23 21:41:55  
Ruaumoko said: »

Last time I tested them (a year ago?) the Mana Channelers completely broke the Amplifier's effect on the AI to reset for MBs. So unless SE ninja-fixed them I wouldn't recommend using those.

That said, if they ever get fixed the recast delay would be highly beneficial because it would stop the maton from wasting as much MP on weak free nukes, which would also lead to fewer Aspirs if Scanner can't prevent them altogether.

Last time I used mana channellers and amplifiers(circa 2021), my pets nuke recast was ~20 seconds. Definitely no chance to double burst with these on also.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-04-02 05:40:32  
You should also use flashbulb instead of attuner imo
By Aerix 2021-04-02 05:42:35  
Asura.Kuusa said: »
am i missing something with automaton tanking? i'm fresh 99 with not enough gear to even swap yet doing lilith ve and taking hate off of my automaton regularly.

whm head valor body, light fire fire maneuvers
attachments are
strobe 1 and 2, attuner
turbo charger 1 and 2
armor plate 4
mana jammer 2 and 4
optic fiber 1 and 2, auto repair kit 4
coiler 2

my weaponskills only do like 5k lol, something just seems wrong.

edit: according to wiki subjucating slash is a hate reset, that might be it

As Yiazmat mentioned, equip the Flashbulb so the maton has an extra hate tool. You'll also want to equip a Steam Jacket because Lilith mainly uses Dark-based damage, so it'll get reduced quite heavily. You can drop the Turbo Maneuvers and Coiler for defensive attachments if you're not using Wind Maneuvers or wearing any Automaton DD gear (Pet: Haste) anyway, as the maton's damage output will be rather poor.

In any case, you surmised correctly that Lilith will hate reset your maton whenever she uses Subjugating Slash, but you can easily counter that by using Ventriloquy right afterwards to transfer your own Enmity to your pet.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 94 95 96