Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-13 14:20:18  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
*** christ he's not the victim when it comes to natural disasters.

He's not a perpetrator either, and yet he gets the blame. I don't know why presidents get so much credit/blame for natural disasters in the first place. Your greater point is valid in that there should be a much greater emphasis on actual victims.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 14:33:57  
FEMA falls under the executive so of course it's going to come down to the president.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-13 14:52:46  
FEMA falls under the executive so of course it's going to come down to the president.

And FEMA has sucked forever, just like every other major government operation. There are way more problems with it than a president can really take blame for, so saying it's (insert name of president here)'s fault is disingenuous, 100% political opportunism, and takes the focus off the victims that you're sooooooo concerned about.

You're basically just trying to justify blaming someone while simultaneously saying they're not allowed to defend themselves 'cuz the victims. That's ridiculous.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-13 15:11:39  
That being said, if the President does something to actively hinder the aid effort or make things worse, then the blame can be properly assigned. Otherwise, large scale aid and rescue situations will never be handled perfectly so of course something will go wrong, and dwelling on small mistakes is counterproductive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 15:14:36  
The respective response to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma were fine for their respective circumstances so... no? As usual, Trump makes things worse for himself by proclaiming thousands dead and crumbled infrastructure in PR a *** year after the storm a comparable success. All he did during the storm was *** about politics while refusing to acknowledge the severity of the damages and his visit to the island was *** sad. The few things he was expected to directly do as president were bungled beyond belief. Is that better?
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 15:19:06  
Wow pleebo. I bet you were rooting for the Mayors who refused to let fema in or all the ones charged with corruption for stealing and black marketing aid?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-13 15:30:37  
All he did during the storm was *** about politics while refusing to acknowledge the severity of the damages

that's not true, he threw paper towels at people too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 15:33:31  
Odin.Slore said: »
Wow pleebo. I bet you were rooting for the Mayors who refused to let fema in or all the ones charged with corruption for stealing and black marketing aid?
Yes, I was rooting for things that didn't really happen.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 15:34:26  
Siren.Mosin said: »
that's not true, he threw paper towels at people too.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-13 15:40:49  
worry not ye carolinians!
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-13 17:18:51  
*** christ he's not the victim when it comes to natural disasters.
Womp womp!

He is 100X the victim im this situation than he is the cause of the deaths.

Libs can’t even set aside their derangement for a natural disaster.

*** Sad!
By Nausi 2018-09-13 17:20:45  
FEMA isn’t responsible for the deaths either. Does state amd local corruption ay any role? Or did blumpf just not do the rigt thing and tell PR that there were 22,000 pallets of water delivered to use or something?
By Nausi 2018-09-13 17:22:01  
Yes, I was rooting for things that didn't really happen.
You are literally as misinformed as Vic on this site.
By Viciouss 2018-09-13 17:46:33  
The official death count for hurricane maria remains almost 3000. Trump is still lying and conservatives want nothing to do with his lie of the day.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 17:57:28  
Is CBS liberal enough for ya?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 18:01:31  
Reuters?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 18:07:52  
Terlesurtv? i think its a puerto rico news station

Thats the last one I will post, if 3 does not convince you nothing will. I looked for most liberal sites I could find but I am not sure which you guys hold as your holy grail.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 18:10:37  
Fair warning turn your volume down for the cbs one. Damn embedded video is loud as hell!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 19:15:12  
Charges concerning activities from BEFORE the hurricane involving the mayor who wasn't the *** mayor during the storm and recovery. *** all to do with the current topic.
A story about an investigation into allegations from 6 months ago. Has anything come from them? Nope. Useless link.
Terlesurtv? i think its a puerto rico news station
We know that distribution was a problem within the country because the infrastructure was so *** up. It's a consequence of the aftermath. In the meantime, the Trump administration was patting themselves on the back claiming everything was fine.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-13 19:35:24  
No.

You have GOT to kidding.

Don't know them at all.

Thanks though, nice research.

Trump Pretty Sure Those 3,000 Puerto Ricans Died AFTER He Threw Paper Towels At Their Faces

THIS is liberal.

They even say just how liberal they are in this piece.

Wonkette Is facts I don't like Like Louise Mensch, According To World's Best *** Chart

In case you were wondering, wonkette.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-13 19:44:21  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
No.

You have GOT to kidding.

Don't know them at all.

Thanks though, nice research.

Trump Pretty Sure Those 3,000 Puerto Ricans Died AFTER He Threw Paper Towels At Their Faces

THIS is liberal.

They even say just how liberal they are in this piece.

Wonkette Is facts I don't like Like Louise Mensch, According To World's Best *** Chart

In case you were wondering, wonkette.

It's just too bad that Wonkette doesn't realize how full of crap it is. Also, that chart has the middle section all wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-13 20:08:41  
We know that distribution was a problem within the country
Territory, I should say.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-13 20:18:28  
The same party insisting Trump kust have some level of dignity has anonymously accused his SCJ pick of sexual assault with no evidence and during a time when the guy was in highschool 35 years ago.

This is beyond pathetic.
By Nausi 2018-09-13 20:19:39  
Viciouss said: »
The official death count for hurricane maria remains almost 3000. Trump is still lying and conservatives want nothing to do with his lie of the day.
Only official in the mind of vic.

Which is to say its bot official at all.

Keep trying kid.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-13 20:33:38  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's just too bad that Wonkette doesn't realize how full of crap it is. Also, that chart has the middle section all wrong.
Oh no, they know exactly how full of crap they are and revel in it.

They go into it in detail in the last link.
By Viciouss 2018-09-13 20:41:20  
Nausi said: »
Viciouss said: »
Only official in the mind of vic.

Which is to say its bot official at all.

Keep trying kid.

Oh no kid, its official. Puerto Rico was struggling to figure out the official death toll, so they commissioned a group to do it for them. That group has completed the job, and the Puerto Rican government has accepted their work and officially updated the death toll. Its done. Set in stone. Final answer. Nothing Trump says can change it, but if you and Trump want to keep lying about it, go right ahead.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-13 20:56:36  
How many have you have ever been victims of a natural disaster? I lost my house in Sandy. It's really easy to play armchair politics until it happens to you.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-13 21:11:26  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
How many have you have ever been victims of a natural disaster? I lost my house in Sandy. It's really easy to play armchair politics until it happens to you.

My car and garage was severely damaged in a tornado while I lived in Illinois. It was pretty damn terrifying to have a tornado 20 feet from me.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-13 21:12:36  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
How many have you have ever been victims of a natural disaster?

I didn't mean this snarky or confrontational I'm actually genuinely curious.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 133 134 135