Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-14 12:49:23  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So who wants to play Nostradamus and fail yet again at predicting how this Manafort thing is going to implicate Trump?

The only one here playing this game is CJ...

*Backreads*

If only.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 13:02:23  
So who wants to play Nostradamus and fail yet again at predicting how this Manafort thing is going to implicate Trump?

*Backreads*

If only.

Shirley Temple Black will marry Arnold Schwarzenegger and she will be know as Shirley Temple Black ***.....

.... my bad i read Negrodamus
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:13:44  
Zerowone said: »

All it took was an hour?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/406713-judge-manafort-agreed-to-cooperate-fully-and-truthfully-with-mueller

And for lulz:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1040631124681207808

Quote:

The president’s legal team put out an initial statement that said: “the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth.” Minutes later, they put out a new statement that said simply: “the President did nothing wrong.”

We shall see /popcorn.

Didn't I go over this with you guys, nothing he says will be of use in any trial. Testimony gained from plea bargains is treated the same as testimony from a defendants mother, discarded almost entirely because the person giving the testimony has a huge incentive to not be truthful and any defense lawyer will point that out during cross examination.

Now what plea bargains with cooperation do provide is the other person telling investigators where "the bodies are hidden" so to speak. That knowledge by itself isn't useful because it's treated the same way their testimony would be, but if it leads them to another set of hard evidence then that could be useful.
By Viciouss 2018-09-14 13:18:46  
Just stop reading after Saevels first lol sentence, of course everything Manafort confesses to can be used in any subsequent trial. Once again Saevel tries to soynd smarter than everyone and fails miserably.
By Zerowone 2018-09-14 13:22:24  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

*Backreads*

If only.

Shirley Temple Black will marry Arnold Schwarzenegger and she will be know as Shirley Temple Black ***.....

.... my bad i read Negrodamus

I just got back from the bodega. They were talking about your post. Mad problematic!
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-14 13:27:02  
Viciouss said: »
Just stop reading after Saevels first lol sentence, of course everything Manafort confesses to can be used in any subsequent trial. Once again Saevel tries to soynd smarter than everyone and fails miserably.

It doesn’t fail to entertain. The contradiction in logic is as bad as others telling people not to draw conclusions based on valid data points, yet they’ll completely agree on conclusions drawn on anecdotal evidence.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:27:54  
As an example, lets say they have Zero in custody because they have evidence he killed someone with a belief he might of had a partner. During a plea bargain he names Chanti as his accomplice. Now that alone is completely useless as putting Zero on the stand would run into his testimony being treated highly suspect, and if Chanti was smart and didn't say anything to the police they wouldn't have much else to go on. Now if instead Zero tells them all sorts of details which enable them to discover Chanti's blood soaked clothing and the blood was confirmed from the victim, then that would be immensely helpful. Of course Chanti might not of even been involved and Zero would just be trying to finger someone else to reduce his sentence, which is why testimony from plea deals is pretty worthless.

In Manaforts first trial, Gates testimony was discarded by the jury in deliberations because of how little value it held precisely because it came from a plea deal.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:32:56  

It doesn’t fail to entertain. The contradiction in logic is as bad as others telling people not to draw conclusions based on valid data points, yet they’ll completely agree on conclusions drawn on anecdotal evidence.

Testimony from plea deals is considered suspect by the US legal system. Not my fault you guys watch far too much TV.

The value of first hand testimony has to do with the impeachability of the witness. Meaning what motivations they would have to lie. If there is a strong motivation to lie then it will most certainly be brought up. First hand testimony is only useful from unimpeachable witness's, meaning witness's without any strong reason or motivation to lie.

Lower prison sentence is a very strong reason to lie, thus anyone in a plea deal will not be useful as a witness, regardless of what the media and hollywood tells you.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-14 13:36:11  

Valid data points that you've never seen and just assume the conclusions are correct because you like what they have to say? Yeah, not what I was going for there. Nice try, though.

As for drawing conclusions based on anecdotal evidence, you sure seem to have your mind made up about what Manafort's testimony will do to Trump.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:38:22  
Now for the Trump situation.

Lets say in 2016 Trump was party to some sort of secret illegal dealings with the Russian government, and lets say Manafort has information about that. Manafort testifying about those dealings would be useless, but Manafort providing account numbers and other material facts that could be then be turned into evidence would be useful. It's incredibly important to distinguish between those two concepts.

Now knowing what we know, the likeness of any sort of "collusion", which isn't even a crime, would be pretty much nil. Instead Manafort will be pressed about any information about some sort of 2005~2012 era dealings Trump might of had. That information will then be leaked by the FBI or someone on Meullers team to the news press right before the midterms in an attempt to effect the election.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-14 13:45:36  
As for drawing conclusions based on anecdotal evidence, you sure seem to have your mind made up about what Manafort's testimony will do to Trump.

It will do nothing but make him even more popular. This isn't about Trump anymore, by now the Dems know they can't really effect him and instead are going after those supporting him as a tactic to isolate the President and cripple the US Government. The upcoming midterms is their chance to try to get control of Congress so they can turn it into a rubber stamp Kangaroo court. That won't matter if they don't have a strong hold on the Supreme Court, which is why their going nuclear on the recent appointment.

The court nomination will proceed with and he'll be nominated, they already have the votes for it. The midterms look a bit murky, the initial "blue wave" *** has shown to not exist and they'll likely pickup a few house seats and ~maybe~ one senate seat but not enough to have the control they wanted to rewind the 2016 elections. I'm expecting the Mueller investigation to be terminated sometime this fall or early next year, it's pretty obvious it's just a political ploy and an attempt for the Democrats to get some executive power without having a President elected.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-14 14:16:36  
Saevel is on a roll with making things up today, as Trumps popularity is actually falling and the Dems remain on course to retake the House and are contending for the Senate despite a brutal map.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-14 14:32:55  
But I am restocking my popcorn supply.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-14 14:33:08  
Saevel is on a roll with making things up today, as Trumps popularity is actually falling and the Dems remain on course to retake the House and are contending for the Senate despite a brutal map.

The approval rating polls are fascinating. The polling outfits that report frequently haven't moved much at all, but suddenly a bunch of polling outfits that either don't report much or historically report low for Trump's approval ratings have come out of the woodwork all at once with sub-40s, bringing the overall number down drastically. Considering the fact that we were just talking about how oddly stable Trump's numbers were for months, this all seems a bit fishy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-14 14:45:36  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But I am restocking my popcorn supply.

What, you depleted it on Papadopoulos? You need better entertainment.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 14:50:17  
Just stop reading after Saevels first lol sentence,

i'm tryna get an adderall script just so i can read through this forum
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 14:56:02  
quick question my bad but should i get pizza or chinese? mexican? only half joking what's the friday dinner mood in this joint

vote or die

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-14 15:00:45  
quick question my bad but should i get pizza or chinese? mexican? only half joking what's the friday dinner mood in this joint

vote or die
No mater how drunk you are you can still say pizza.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-14 15:06:42  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Testimony from plea deals is considered suspect by the US legal system.
Yet people have been sent to prison, even to death row, on plea deal testomony. Sometimes the jury even knew it was from plea deal testomony.

Quote:
The value of first hand testimony has to do with the impeachability of the witness. Meaning what motivations they would have to lie. If there is a strong motivation to lie then it will most certainly be brought up. First hand testimony is only useful from unimpeachable witness's, meaning witness's without any strong reason or motivation to lie.
See my statement above.

Quote:
Lower prison sentence is a very strong reason to lie, thus anyone in a plea deal will not be AS useful as a witness, regardless of what the media and hollywood tells you.
Fixed.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-14 15:29:03  

vote or die
Getting "Italian" tonight, if that helps?
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 15:56:26  

vote or die

Mexican!

goooood choice!
By fonewear 2018-09-14 17:05:13  
I almost back read but it would be a waste of time.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 17:11:36  
fonewear said: »

what's to come don't look much brighter
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-14 17:13:42  

Your whole life has been a waste of time.

#ExistentialNihilism
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-14 17:20:56  
What better way to show how pointless everything is by talking to strangers. And wasting time on the worst(best) website that doesn’t have lactating women.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-14 17:25:20  
lactating women.

i'm lack toast and tolerant
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-14 17:27:33  
What better way to show how pointless everything is by talking to strangers. And wasting time on the worst(best) website that doesn’t have lactating women.

Depends on your recent browser history. I’m sure somebody is getting that ad under their avatar menu.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-14 17:30:16  
What better way to show how pointless everything is by talking to strangers

This is what your parents warned you about all those years ago.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-14 17:31:45  
My browser history has me on the FBI watch list. They seem to like pregnant women also.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 133 134 135