users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Bludgeon Damage
Bludgeon Damage
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-06 06:15:08  
Alright, i want to maximise my bludgeon damage, and i know that CHR is a mod in this, so would it be a good idea for me to swap in say, CHR rings and gear when casting it? I am currently level 26, blue atm, and still use STR rings, i'll post my gear when i get home later, but is this a good idea to stack as much as possible for Bludgeon, then swap back to other gear?

Thanks ^^
 Alexander.Zykei
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-06 06:22:25  
At 26, personally I won't worry about the mods for Bludgeon. The main thing you would probably want to do to maximize Bludgeon dmg is Accuracy for landing those hits. Really though, you'll be spamming Bludgeon so much I don't know if your mages will like it if you blink every 3 secs or so when you take hate. lol
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-06 06:25:03  
Zykei said:
At 26, personally I won't worry about the mods for Bludgeon. The main thing you would probably want to do to maximize Bludgeon dmg is Accuracy for landing those hits. Really though, you'll be spamming Bludgeon so much I don't know if your mages will like it if you blink every 3 secs or so when you take hate. lol

I'm soloing in quifim atm, less hastle of a party lol, so mages needing to cure me isn't a problem, but i do see your point, for when i do party, would it be viable to replace my STR rings then, because as i use it alot, it would make sence.. But im not sure..
 Alexander.Zykei
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-06 06:32:09  
I'd keep the STR ring. Even though its not a mod for Bludgeon, it's still calculated into the damage formula.

For reference incase someone asks: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage
 Cerberus.Arcalimo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Arcalimo 2009-10-06 07:15:10  
i'd keep str rings too, dont think you can get enought charm to see a noticiable boost at that level.
As zykei said, the better you could do to maximize its dmg is add acc to land the 3 hits.
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-06 07:27:28  
Alright then guys, thanks
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-06 08:10:40  
to max out bludgeon at this level the only thing to do is having enough accuracy and a high-enough mp-pool. IF you can affort 2 astral rings you can switch them back to STR-rings after you have consumed the extra 50 mp. That makes 3 extra Bludgeons for you which is rather nice when there is a downtime so you can get the 50 mp back again.

I still do it at any time tbh, switching from full mp-set to my normal set when i consumed the extra mp. It is worth it when you consider that you have way more acting-power this way.

Tho, this is just a suggestion and nobody can expect that from you to have.