フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Solo CP on Apex
Solo CP on Apex
 Cerberus.Aydogan
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-07-07 22:55:20  
Hey everyone,

I'm working on CPing DRK and am curious as to what trusts/skillchains you recommend. I recently finished DRG with quite a bit of soloing, but have Ryunohige so it was easy to push out skillchains with AM3 up. With DRK, while I do have Ragnarok and Anguta, it's just a bit slower. Here's what I'm using right now:

Trusts: Kupo, Sylvia, KoH, Ulmia, Joachim
Skillchain: I've been making Umbra with Vorpal Scythe > Spiral Hell > Entropy > Entropy, but frankly it's a bit inconsistent hitting that last Entropy.

Also, my TP set has 24% haste and 72/82 Store TP (with /SAM bonus and CP cape) - maybe swap out some STP for DA? Any suggestions for the above? I don't get to play DRK much these days so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-07-08 00:35:32  
When I did Drk I simply used Entropy -> Cross Reaper -> Entropy -> Entrophy (umbra). No leave STP in, Drk has like no TP Gain as it is lol.

But instead of soloing, I highly recommend forming a party. Drk is pretty terrible to solo due to the low TP gain; I gave up on that super fast even with the Aeonic.

Just use Whm [Enpy pants], Brd [3-song {1hr @ start for 4song}], Cor [Chaos + Allies' roll], Cor [Corsair's + Samurai's roll], and then 2x 2 handed DD [With at least a WS and TP set {aeonic helps the most}]. Then run to Dho gates -> go to the bats -> have the melee solo their own Bat for maybe 20-45 sec kills based on the job due to over buff.

If you're lucky enough to grab an Aeonic job, you can see anywhere + 120jp/1hr. Without, I've seen Wars get 1 minute-ish kills, but they were decked out without a REMA. So with 1 Aeonic job and 1 non REMA it will be roughly 80JP per hour.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-08 01:06:27  
DRK solos just fine. Amazing actually. You're just not utilizing all of the tools to your disposal.

KoH/Sylvie (a must for DRK)/Joachim/Ulmia/You pick (can qultada for chaos/corsair's/fighters or use a whm)

Start the fight dsnv darkness mb drain 3, for capped HP. Now dread spikes, endark 2, and go to town on everything multi-stepping umbra with anguta. Mobs should literally melt, and with your hp pool, you cannot die reasonably with dread spikes. That's 3~5min of DPS heaven where you have no need for a serious healer that Joachim/Sylvie can't handle. If you want, can drop qultada after he rolls for a whm or shantotto II. I think DRK has great solo capability, and i did half of my CP on apex raptors just wrecking them with the above method (I didn't have anguta).

The other alternative is to form a reisenjima aoe party, and be the puller. Since DRK has no problem capping DT, they can also function as great pullers in aoe parties. You won't need a tank, just use carmine legs +1, sub rdm, drain 3 a random mob, dread spikes, full buff up (phalanx pro shell stoneskin ice spikes) and pull everything. Easy job and you should not die. If you have a whm at camp. Its the easiest thing I've ever done on DRK and those parties were quite fun back when I did them. Nobody was really using DRK for that, but dare I say DRK may be one of the best pullers for that style of party. Mobs would have to break Stoneskin and dread spikes of a 5-6kHP tank, all while in 50% DT gear. Kind of hard to do.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-08-20 10:49:23  
August, Apururu UC, Qulata, Joachim, Koru Moru.

Torcleaver, Torcleaver, Torcleaver, Torcleaver. (AG Calad, Don't judge me.)

Apex bat kills were fairly quick, Store TP + DA mix set made it fun and less of a chore. Possibly killed faster than some of the PTs that were there CPing there at the time.