Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 131 132 133
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 17:05:41  
The orignal:

YouTube Video Placeholder

About .27 in.

The Infowars - white house version:

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

I wonder what Fox is saying about this.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 17:06:55  
100 pages!

And still no topic bans mods!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-08 17:12:27  
so he’s in trouble for blocking this rando from grabbing his microphone?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 17:18:01  
Its the excuse for pulling his press pass.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-08 17:24:18  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
what total *** and abuse of power
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-08 17:29:49  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
what total *** and abuse of power

What abuse of power? The White House doesn't require an excuse to pull a press pass. They're the ones who grant the privilege, they can revoke it at any time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-08 17:30:03  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
so he’s in trouble for blocking this rando from grabbing his microphone?

Not rando, White House press ataff moving the mic to the next reporter after the President indicated he was moving on.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 17:33:40  
/listens for the sound of angels dancing on pin heads
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-08 17:37:00  
And back to the news.

Or something like it.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:38:13  
I can be a white house press guy...DRUMPF IS FINISHED CNN RULES>>>>> Trump drools !!!! YEE HAW COWYBOYS now where is the closest bar !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-08 17:39:13  
Again, there was nothing unconstitutional about Trump firing Sessions. Why is everyone making up crap today?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:39:51  
And back to the news.

Or something like it.

I didn't know the Constitution was a textbook...and not a piece of paper...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:40:27  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Again, there was nothing unconstitutional about Trump firing Sessions. Why is everyone making up crap today?

The President can appoint and "fire" anyone he pleases it is part of the executive branch...has nothing to do with the Constitution.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:40:49  
It is after all the President's cabinet...ya know !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:42:04  
100 pages!

That is about 99 too many !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-08 17:43:24  
Liberals hated Comey. Trump fired Comey. Liberals were mad that he fired Comey.

Liberals hated Sessions. Trump fired Sessions. Liberals are mad that he fired Sessions.

I'm seeing a pattern. It doesn't make any sense, but at least it's a pattern.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 17:43:41  
Also Abbot and Costello is on TCM good stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-08 17:47:59  

Liberals hated Sessions. Trump fired Sessions. Liberals are mad that he fired Sessions.

Power at any cost. That's the goal.

They mad that they can't usurp executive power over the Justice department. With a new unrecused AG the Justice department is now under control of the President where it belongs. If the Dems want to investigate something they hsve to do it at the congressional level.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-08 17:50:18  
Kinda like when Obama spied on James Roden? Verifiable fact put included link as well so when I hear Obama chiming in I laugh.

Quote:
The Obama administration's Justice Department spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen. The DOJ, led by Eric Holder, somehow labeled Rosen an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case, even went so far as to call him a flight risk. He thereby avoided the pesky need to inform him he was under surveillance. Of course, he was guilty of absolutely nothing. Holder would much later acknowledge regret over the Rosen subpoena.

Quote:
The same DOJ seized two months of phone records from the Associated Press. Close your eyes for a moment and picture the reaction if Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been found to order the same action against the New York Times.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-08 17:52:08  

I prefer the new, un-modded site.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-08 17:52:40  
I wish photobucket didn't go pay I got a couple of pictures of Pelosi and Warren first calling for Sessions to resign or be fired and then their reactions saying he shouldn't have been fired.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-11-08 18:02:34  
Siren.Mosin said: »

I prefer the new, un-modded site.

Meet the un modded site pretty much the same as the modded site !

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-08 18:06:17  
Candlejack said: »
Better yet, I'm un-banning Lordgrim!

I can't blame you. He's the only person that could make you look sane.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-08 19:10:45  
Medication time FFXIAH medication!

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2018-11-08 20:00:52  

Nobody is mad that Trump fired Sessions, but appointing Matt Whitaker is stupid, because he can't be the Acting AG without Senate confirmation. He is a principal officer, for sure, all the Cabinet heads are principal officers because they only answer to the POTUS, and all principal officers have to go through the Senate.

Whitaker can't fire Mueller, he can't change Mueller's orders, he can't tell an intern to go get him some coffee until the Senate confirms him. Trump either has to elevate a deputy of any other Cabinet position or another Cabinet head to be the acting AG, thats why all the deputies have also been confirmed by the Senate, in case a vacancy happens.

The SCOTUS is going to knock this down, Clarence Thomas has already written an opinion on this subject. Here is a link, its wordy so I will just paste the relevant parts as well. He is talking about the head of the Labor Board and the relationship to the Appointments clause.

Quote:
“[F]or purposes of appointment,” the Clause divides all officers into two classes—“inferior officers” and noninferior officers, which we have long denominated “principal” officers. Germaine, supra, at 509, 511. Principal officers must be appointed by the President by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.

Although a closer question, the general counsel also is likely a principal officer...

A principal officer is one who has no superior other than the President. The general counsel of the NLRB appears to satisfy that definition...
Before 1947, the Board “controlled not only the filing of complaints, but their prosecution and adjudication” as well. The Labor Management Relations Act, 1947, ch. 120, 61 Stat. 136, however, “effected an important change” in the NLRB’s structure by “separat[ing] the prosecuting from the adjudicating function, to place the former in the General Counsel, and to make him an independent official appointed by the President.”
Congress thus separated the NLRB into “two independent branches,” Food & Commercial Workers, 484 U. S., at 129, and made the general counsel “independent of the Board’s supervision and review,” (Congress “decided to place the General Counsel within the agency, but to make the office independent of the Board’s authority”).

Moreover, the general counsel’s prosecutorial decisions are unreviewable by either the Board or the Judiciary. Although the Board has power to define some of the general counsel’s duties, and the general counsel represents the Board in certain judicial proceedings, the statute does not give the Board the power to remove him or otherwise generally to control his activities, (holding that executive officials were inferior officers in large part because they were subject to a superior’s removal).

Because it appears that the general counsel answers to no officer inferior to the President, he is likely a principal officer. Accordingly, the President likely could not lawfully have appointed Solomon to serve in that role without first obtaining the advice and consent of the Senate.

I recognize that the “burdens on governmental processes” that the Appointments Clause imposes may “often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable.” INS v. Chadha, 462 U. S. 919, 959 (1983). Granting the President unilateral power to fill vacancies in high offices might contribute to more efficient Government. But the Appointments Clause is not an empty formality. Although the Framers recognized the potential value of leaving the selection of officers to “one man of discernment” rather than to a fractious, multimember body, see The Federalist No. 76, p. 510 (J. Cooke ed., 1961), they also recognized the serious risk for abuse and corruption posed by permitting one person to fill every office in the Government, see id., at 513; 3 J. Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States §1524, p. 376 (1833).

The Framers “had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked,” Chadha, supra, at 959, and they knew that liberty could be preserved only by ensuring that the powers of Government would never be consolidated in one body. They thus empowered the Senate to confirm principal officers on the view that “the necessity of its co-operation in the business of appointments will be a considerable and salutary restraint upon the conduct of ” the President.We cannot cast aside the separation of powers and the Appointments Clause’s important check on executive power for the sake of administrative convenience or efficiency.

Suffice to say, if he believes the head of the NLRB is a principal officer, there is no way the Attorney General is not one. I had thought that the SCOTUS had ruled separately that the AG was indeed a principal officer, but I can't find that ruling atm.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 131 132 133