Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 131 132 133
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:36:22  
Viciouss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I hear a lot of people claiming that Pence would be "worse than Trump". I have yet to hear anyone form a coherent reason as to why that would be.

I don't think he would be worse than Trump, but his anti-gay stance is pathetic. I mean, did you see this today? US Halts visas for gay partners of diplomats Why did this happen? Hate.
I feel like Pence wouldn't even try pulling ***like this without Trump. You gotta understand, if we're assuming Pence is elevated to President, then Dems have the majority as Trump has likely been removed.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:37:01  
The only GOPer that could run and actually win is Kasich.
I did like Kasich.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:37:31  
As expected, Fox already made up a hit piece for its top story.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:40:09  
I saw Megyn Kelly on MSNBC the other day and she didn't have that "I'm a confused woman, please explain to me" look on her face. I wonder if Fox News makes their female anchors look as if they are awaiting information.

It's hard to explain what I mean. In a way she looked and sounded more confident.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:42:20  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I saw Megyn Kelly on MSNBC the other day and she didn't have that "I'm a confused woman, please explain to me" look on her face. I wonder if Fox News makes their female anchors look as if they are awaiting information.

It's hard to explain what I mean. In a way she looked and sounded more confident.

Well yeah, she worked there during the Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly/that other white guy's sex scandal days.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:46:18  

Well yeah, she worked there during the Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly/that other white guy's sex scandal days.
I don't mean she may have been a victim, I honestly dunno, but she had a different air about her.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-02 17:49:15  
NY Times article is blowing up, Trump tax fraud scheme.
State of New York is already investigating. It even made the top headline at Fox, though I'm sure it won't last long, they will make up a positive story soon enough.

There isn't that much to say about it. I don't doubt for a second that there were some shady dealings, but I would say the same about practically any billionaire.

In any case, there is nothing criminally prosecutable. He might see some civil fines if they can actually prove any of this, but that's it.

There doesn't seem to be anything illegal there. Some liberal's twisting words and putting their opinions as law, but nothing else.
What is described is a very common tactic for preserving wealth prior to death. Invest all excess wealth into an incorporated business then pass the business unit on. The wealth is now locked into business capital and not available as cash. If the business fails the money is lost, if it's sold then tax is paid on the proceeds of that sale.

If Chanti owned a shoe business and passed, her children would inherit the entire business. The government can't force her children to short sale / dissolve the business or give the government the business.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:51:11  
Asura.Saevel said: »
My twisting words and putting their opinions as law, but nothing else.

lol yeah. Sums it up nicely.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-02 17:55:06  
Earlier I posted how liberal's do the same thing but instead create foundations and other non-profits then hire their children as directors or executives.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-02 17:59:14  
I hear a lot of people claiming that Pence would be "worse than Trump". I have yet to hear anyone form a coherent reason as to why that would be.
Pence is a politician with some form of experience, I don't see how he could be worse. A politician acts to win reelection, Trump just does whatever he wants.

See I do not think so. Trump is building his base everyday. You cannot deny the good he is doing and people pick up on that. NAFTA, Tax Reform, other trade deals, still working for healthcare, jobs, companies coming back. I think when you see the end of year numbers for USA income and stuff I think alot of people will be surprised. Trump has the support where it matters, in the voting booth. People are not vocal for Trump due to leftist retribution and flashback but like I said he gets the support in the booth.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:59:21  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Earlier I posted how liberal's do the same thing but instead create foundations and other non-profits then hire their children as directors or executives.
No one reads the essays posted in here tho.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:01:45  
Odin.Slore said: »
Pence is a politician with some form of experience, I don't see how he could be worse. A politician acts to win reelection, Trump just does whatever he wants.

See I do not think so. Trump is building his base everyday. You cannot deny the good he is doing and people pick up on that. NAFTA, Tax Reform, other trade deals, still working for healthcare, jobs, companies coming back. I think when you see the end of year numbers for USA income and stuff I think alot of people will be surprised. Trump has the support where it matters, in the voting booth. People are not vocal for Trump due to leftist retribution and flashback but like I said he gets the support in the booth.
NAFTA is mostly the same as it was, tax reform is beneficial to the rich, healthcare is still ***with no signs of improving. Trump really hasn't done much good. Other world leaders laugh at him when he claims to have.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:06:35  
The NAFTA thing was pretty much "I'm gonna make X thing disappear....NOW IT'S BACK!"

And everyone claps, because that's how sleight of hand goes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:09:18  

NAFTA is mostly the same as it was, tax reform is beneficial to the rich, healthcare is still ***with no signs of improving. Trump really hasn't done much good. Other world leaders laugh at him when he claims to have.

Telling a conservative that other world leaders laugh at one of us is one of the least effective argument tactics imaginable. We'd be more concerned if they were pleased with us.

I can't say much about the new NAFTA because I haven't reviewed it, but we also can't take full blame for the healthcare system being crap. Obama and the Dems set the stage for that disaster.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:13:16  

Telling a conservative that other world leaders laugh at one of us is one of the least effective argument tactics imaginable. We'd be more concerned if they were pleased with us.

I can't say much about the new NAFTA because I haven't reviewed it, but we also can't take full blame for the healthcare system being crap. Obama and the Dems set the stage for that disaster.
Who came up with the ACA? Who cockblocked it's implementation with edits till it was a cluster ***?
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 18:16:10  
Trump and the GOP bear all of the blame for their failure to "repeal and replace." They didn't even try to improve healthcare this year. Fortunately, Obamacare is still going strong without them.

And yeah, NAFTA is still in effect, there is a long way to go for this new name to actually be real, and its contigent on Congress. So, next Spring at the earliest.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:17:45  

Who came up with the ACA? Who cockblocked it's implementation with edits till it was a cluster ***?

Don't even. The only ones who bear responsibility for the disaster are those who actually voted for it. If the Dems wanted something different and/or "better", they could have passed it entirely on their own.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:18:54  
Fortunately, Obamacare is still going strong without them.

Freaking. Hilarious.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:19:44  

Don't even. The only ones who bear responsibility for the disaster are those who actually voted for it. If the Dems wanted something different and/or "better", they could have passed it entirely on their own.
Not with Republicans blocking it. They didn't like that Obama was trying to pass a good idea that Bush had.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 18:21:50  
Yep, its always fun to laugh at the GOP over healthcare. Obamacare premiums set to drop next year, more plans available.

Still in effect, still available to all.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:23:09  
I think it was started with the Medicare Modernization Act.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:24:49  

Not with Republicans blocking it. They didn't like that Obama was trying to pass a good idea that Bush had.

What? No Republicans voted for it, how would they have "blocked" it? Also, it is 100% irrelevant who "came up with the idea", because an "idea" doesn't reflect upon the final state. The "idea" of Obamacare could have worked if the country wasn't run by a bunch of imbeciles (and I mean that in a bipartisan sense), but the responsibility for the end result lies on those who passed it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:26:36  
That seems like a shirking of responsibility.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:27:02  
Yep, its always fun to laugh at the GOP over healthcare. Obamacare premiums set to drop next year, more plans available.

Still in effect, still available to all.

With the individual mandate completely dead, which was a huge part of it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 18:29:24  
And yet its still available, cheaper, with more options. Dems are happy to take credit for its continued success while the GOP has done nothing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:32:29  
And yet its still available, cheaper, with more options. Dems are happy to take credit for its continued success while the GOP has done nothing.

On the very off chance that your opinion is actually correct, have you ever considered the notion that the gradual dismantling of Obamacare is the reason why the plans are getting better?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 18:41:54  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The NAFTA thing was pretty much "I'm gonna make X thing disappear....NOW IT'S BACK!"

There's a few things that were long overdue which were added, like Canadians don't have to pay duty fees for items under 100$ it was previously 20$

I'm totally fine with the changes to the car industry. It's far from a major overhaul but it does make sense.

But for other things like the dairy market, nothing really changed, the US gained 0.3% of the Canadian market from 3.25 to 3.55 (just like EU).

The biggest thing was the change that didn't happen, the change that Canada didn't give in to. Trump wanted to rescind the arbitration board that oversaw grievances, so he could levy tariffs unchecked. He knows the WTO is going to kill his illegal tariffs on the EU, and his tariffs on China aren't working out, so he wanted someone he could wave his stick at. Didn't happen.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 18:43:57  

There's a few things that were long overdue which were added, like Canadians don't have to pay duty fees for items under 100$ it was previously 20$

I'm totally fine with the changes to the car industry. It's far from a major overhaul but it does make sense.

But for other things like the dairy market, nothing really changed, the US gained 0.3% of the Canadian market from 3.25 to 3.55 (just like EU).
Some updating is good, but it's kinda dumb to act like it's a new thing Trump came up with.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 18:58:19  

Some updating is good, but it's kinda dumb to act like it's a new thing Trump came up with.

He's a blowhard, he'll be that way with every achievement, minor or major.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 131 132 133