Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 131 132 133
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:09:51  
An attorney usually coaches their client to not lose their cool, I assume Kavanaugh was left to his own conduct and it wasn't good.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:15:07  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
So put yourself in his seat, don't you think you'd be pissed about such allegations ONLY now showing up at the Cusp of your elevation to SCJ?
In his accusations, he was accused of being violent and belligerent, his actions during the hearing didn't help disprove them.
Seen't much worse. Again, anger at his life being rocked by something he says is not true, is understandable.

Not like he was pissed the entire time. Or did I miss his hours of going on yelling at Senators? I saw him respectful at times. Democratic Senators behaved worse than he.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-04 12:15:52  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
dude Boston accents should be made illegal
Odd but true.

Manhattan clam chowder is illegal in Boston. They actually passed a law somewhen about 1960 that makes it illegal to serve clams and tomatoes in the same dish.

... i prefer new england clam chowder.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:18:26  
An attorney usually coaches their client to not lose their cool, I assume Kavanaugh was left to his own conduct and it wasn't good.
Yes, like having an attorney also setup Polygraphs before accusations come out. >_>

I liked he didn't have an attorney. I understood why Dr Ford had one or two at the hearing, because she's not used to the environment. Totally understandable. It's good she had them at the hearing.

He should know law and everything about the environment and should be comfortable in it. Not having one gave more points from me. Something something an innocent man needs only the truth.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:22:52  
So put yourself in his seat, don't you think you'd be pissed about such allegations ONLY now showing up at the Cusp of your elevation to SCJ?
In his accusations, he was accused of being violent and belligerent, his actions during the hearing didn't help disprove them.
Seen't much worse. Again, anger at his life being rocked by something he says is not true, is understandable.

Not like he was pissed the entire time. Or did I miss his hours of going on yelling at Senators? I saw him respectful at times. Democratic Senators behaved worse than he.
He was cordial with Republicans but disrespectful and arrogant towards the Democrats. In other words, he was disrespectful towards those he was trying to prove himself to.

By that I don't exclusively mean proving his innocence, he also needed to prove he was fit for the job, he failed to do so and instead acted with partisanship, belligerence, disrespect, and arrogance.

The look on his face at some points reminded me of the typical spoiled fat kid that just about every live action kids movie has.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-04 12:24:41  
an innocent man needs only the truth

"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client"
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:26:48  
Yes, like having an attorney also setup Polygraphs before accusations come out. >_>
Sounds like a vetting thing.

I liked he didn't have an attorney. I understood why Dr Ford had one or two at the hearing, because she's not used to the environment. Totally understandable. It's good she had them at the hearing.
While I don't really doubt Ford's claims, I also don't doubt her attorneys might have a political motive here.

He should know law and everything about the environment and should be comfortable in it. Not having one gave more points from me. Something something an innocent man needs only the truth.
I think he should have had someone coaching him whether it was his attorney or not.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:27:30  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
an innocent man needs only the truth

"A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client"
I forgot where I heard that but I do remember it well.

Was it Big Daddy?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 12:28:53  

He was cordial with Republicans but disrespectful and arrogant towards the Democrats. In other words, he was disrespectful towards those he was trying to prove himself to.

By that I don't exclusively mean proving his innocence, he also needed to prove he was fit for the job, he failed to do so and I stead acted with partisanship, belligerence, disrespect, and arrogance.

The look on his face at some points reminded me of the typical spoiled fat kid that just about every live action kids movie has.

He has been a judge for many years you don't find it a little odd...that all of the sudden when he is about to be confirmed...all these accusations come about ? Or are you that naive ?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:31:23  
fonewear said: »

By that I don't exclusively mean proving his innocence, he also needed to prove he was fit for the job, he failed to do so and I stead acted with partisanship, belligerence, disrespect, and arrogance.

He has been a judge for many years you don't find it a little odd...that all of the sudden when he is about to be confirmed...all these accusations come about ? Or are you that naive ?
I don't really keep up with my ex from high school, but if she were nominated for the supreme court, I'd recognize her on TV and I'd want people to know that she isn't intelligent enough for the job.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-04 12:32:15  

Was it Big Daddy?

abraham lincoln ya knob

to the polls!!!!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:33:27  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Was it Big Daddy?

abraham lincoln ya knob

to the polls!!!!
I first heard it in a movie. I think it was Big Daddy.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 12:34:36  

I don't really keep up with my ex from high school, but if she were nominated for the supreme court, I'd recognize her on TV and I'd want people to know that she isn't intelligent enough for the job.

Sure she did all of this for the good of the country. What a hero. Hell put her face on Mt. Rushmore right next do some dead white guy.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:35:45  
Hell put her face on Mt. Rushmore right next do some dead white guy.
No, for the love of *** don't!

...she also had a funny nipple.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:35:52  
In that position, I would be that way too. He's not infallible, when comes to a personal matter. Didn't the ABA give him the Gold Standard for always behaving himself when ruling on Laws? That should matter more for his Judge Job than when how he reacts to being called a rapist and being a circus show for more than a week.

I'm not saying your points are wrong. I'm just saying it is highly understandable.

If he had a history of being an *** of a judge, which btw, some judges do have a history of, than yah his "disrespect and arrogance" towards the Democratic Senators could be judged worse.

I know I could not behave myself towards them in his position. I also know I would be an *** of a Judge in court. He didn't behave himself to the Democrats, but he has behaved himself in Court as s Judge. So he is better than me, and well, I hold myself higher than lots of people. Call me arrogant.

But I also like to think about the good Dr Martin Luther King Jr, in his quote "The Ultimate Measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

So yes, by that, he wasn't a saint talking to them. I don't know if I could trust anyone that would NOT be mad and show it at all these "well timed" allegations. Perhaps he is extra angry because he is the one that knows it without a doubt that it's "***" allegations.

/shrug.

TL;DR - Purple Monkey Dishwasher
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:37:50  
Sounds like a vetting thing.
Sounds like weaponizing.

Hell put her face on Mt. Rushmore right next do some dead white guy.
No, for the love of *** don't!

...she also had a funny nipple.
Wait, we talkin bout your ex from HS Now? XD
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 12:38:08  
If he wanted my vote have given Fiensten the Stone Cold Stunner right there in front of the committee...then popped up a Coors Light and said sit your *** down Demo crats !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 12:39:04  
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-04 12:40:37  
don't really feel like backreading- this is comin' off the cuff. i don't like Kavanaugh or want him to be confirmed. but i won't deny the timing is bad, there's a burden of proof, and if anyone ever accused me of something like that i'd get really upset too. we don't know what happened, and we never will.

he's likely gonna get confirmed and dems played a game that's gonna come back to bite them in the *** in the future. incompetence.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:40:46  
If he wanted my vote have given Fiensten the Stone Cold Stunner right there in front of the committee...then popped up a Coors Light and said sit your *** down Demo crats !
That would also work for me. Tho that move might kill her at her age. Booker could handle a Stuner tho! I'd pay cash money to see that.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:41:25  
All I know is that the ABA had concerns about him in 2006 or so and they wanted an FBI investigation. If you mean the "well qualified" rating, that came from the FJC, not the ABA. The ABA page on Kavanaugh credits it to the FJC.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:42:24  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
this is comin' off the cuff. i don't like Kavanaugh or want him to be confirmed.
All good. I remember Sotomayer. I didn't like her stances, BUT I respected, and still do, the hell out of her. Didn't see a reason why not, other than how she typically has voted. Still respect and admire her tho.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:43:44  
All I know is that the ABA had concerns about him in 2006 or so and they wanted an FBI investigation. If you mean the "well qualified" rating, that came from the FJC, not the ABA. The ABA page on Kavanaugh credits it to the FJC.
I may have. I was more listening to it. I could have very well misheard some letters. But I do rememeber something about a good letter from some Law thing.

What was the 2006 thinger about?
By fonewear 2018-10-04 12:44:02  
How he should have arrived to the hearing:

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 12:45:57  

You know, as a kid, I liked Bret Hitman Hard more. His beef with Stone Cold made me dislike him a lot.

Now that I am much older, Stone Cold seems to be way more enjoyable.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 12:46:04  
What was the 2006 thinger about?
Temperament and honesty.

He likes beer.

But what kind?
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-04 12:48:03  
Dems still playing checkers meanwhile this is chess. Idiots.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 13:02:15  
I grew up right at the height of the Rock Stone Cold Steve Austin thing. I was probably 15 or so. Anyone drinking beer and kicking *** was a role model.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-04 13:03:14  
3:16 baby!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 13:04:53  
Even Trump was on WWF so you know it was legit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 131 132 133