Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 131 132 133
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:38:56  
Funny thing is, people act like this is the last chance at getting a conservative Justice, shows lack of faith in Republican voters and regardless of what happens with the Senate and Trump, Democrats WILL NOT hold the White House till 2021 at the earliest.

...meaning future nominee will likely also be conservative, it's foolish to thing a democratic Senate could drag out supreme court nominations for two years or more.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:39:26  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I dunno, honestly we can't control what could have been, we can only control what will be. That said, hypocrisy is still a thing.
Yup. But I believe, and feel free to disagree cuz we never know what could have happened, the "right sided" Americans wouldn't be so angry at Left sided political actions, if had come out at a better time.

Maybe let me try to say it this way, The Democrats would be looking alot better, with cleaner hands, had it been revealed much sooner. Than maybe the Republicans would have looked worse by rushing it and being the evil people the Left thinks they are.

Also... >_> Just to be clear, not calling me a hypocrit right? I try to be CLEAR on my hypocrisy. '_'
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:39:49  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
A Canadian is owning you guys on American politics.

Well ... believe it or not, it's very similar to Canadian politics.
I'm sowry to hear that, guy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:41:03  
...meaning future nominee will likely also be conservative, it's foolish to thing a democratic Senate could drag out supreme court nominations for two years or more.
After Merrick Garland, I wouldn't put it past them. And it would be justified due to the precedence set.

I'd cry and moan every night into my pillow about it, curse at Mitch with my hand in the air.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:43:47  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I dunno, honestly we can't control what could have been, we can only control what will be. That said, hypocrisy is still a thing.
Yup. But I believe, and feel free to disagree cuz we never know what could have happened, the "right sided" Americans wouldn't be so angry at Left sided political actions, if had come out at a better time.

Maybe let me try to say it this way, The Democrats would be looking alot better, with cleaner hands, had it been revealed much sooner. Than maybe the Republicans would have looked worse by rushing it and being the evil people the Left thinks they are.

Also... >_> Just to be clear, not calling me a hypocrit right? I try to be CLEAR on my hypocrisy. '_'
Oh, I can agree, it should have been done earlier but I don't know what legal *** would happen. I suppose Feinstein's staff could have gotten a hold of Ford to do a small investigation themselves and them forwarded it to the FBI afterwards. That's what I would try to do.

There is this distrust Trump has sown with FBI, same with mainstream media, so there's that. The brash, crude, and uncivil way politics are being handled nowadays has caused a lot of damage.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:46:54  
After Merrick Garland, I wouldn't put it past them. And it would be justified due to the precedence set.

I'd cry and moan every night into my pillow about it, curse at Mitch with my hand in the air.
They would pretty much HAVE to pick someone. Otherwise complaints of excessive tax dollars being used would be thrown around and it would be on the Dem's heads.

Speaking of Mitch, I wonder how 2020 will go for Mitch and Graham. Mitch is fairly unpopular in his state iirc, and Graham seems to have lost his mind and begun attempting political suicide.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:48:45  
Also, I do have to say, even though we disagree, it's nice having a civil conversation with you, Skull. P&R would be nice with a few more like you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 14:53:45  
There is this distrust Trump has sown with FBI, same with mainstream media, so there's that. The brash, crude, and uncivil way politics are being handled nowadays has caused a lot of damage.
Great point with the FBI.

Mitch is fairly unpopular
I believe that is correct. Or at least some truth to it.

Graham seems to have lost his mind and begun attempting political suicide.
I'm digging it tho. He's got my vote. For anything. XD He's 100x better than my senators Kaine and Warner on this nonsense. Warner, at least has some honor. He lies, but he acts more of an honorable man. Kaine...uhhhhh.

Also, I do have to say,
I heard that with a southern accent =D

Civility on many fronts has its purpose, and so does being un-civil on occasion.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 14:55:38  
I do declare.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 15:04:01  
I do declare.
By Nausi 2018-10-04 15:05:10  
The left gets enraged about microaggressions and imaginary ‘dog whistles,’ but if Judge Brett Kavanaugh gets angry about being falsely called a serial rapist, they call him unhinged and dangerous.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 15:18:10  
Nausi said: »
The left gets enraged about microaggressions and imaginary ‘dog whistles,’ but if Judge Brett Kavanaugh gets angry about being falsely called a serial rapist, they call him unhinged and dangerous.
Those who get pissy over microaggressios are equally dangerous.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 15:21:33  
Canadian Story
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/father-calls-sons-political-spectrum-assignment-pushing-political-agenda-onto-students-1984-esque-propaganda-163552305.html

TL;DR - Looks like Canada Needs some Freedom.

Also found this gem, love it.

[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-04 15:31:04  
I tend to remain pretty calm when discussing politics. I do lose my cool with people on both sides that blindly follow the narrative. There are people here on both sides that do it. Take the leftist here that if you go back in time to prior posts the minute this story broke they accused Kavanaugh of being guilty before they even heard a word. There was also people on the extreme right that said it was *** before they heard a word. Look at facts people. Yes I lean right, but I research my issues before I talk about them because I will not take one side or other without facts. It would be a much better place if we did that.

BTW Red wave coming :)
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 15:31:29  
Tbf, a conservative Justice would be a good thing, by that I mean one who wouldn't try to change the abortion ***but also wouldn't give in on people takin' m'gunz.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 15:33:14  
Odin.Slore said: »
I tend to remain pretty calm when discussing politics. I do lose my cool with people on both sides that blindly follow the narrative. There are people here on both sides that do it. Take the leftist here that if you go back in time to prior posts the minute this story broke they accused Kavanaugh of being guilty before they even heard a word. There was also people on the extreme right that said it was *** before they heard a word. Look at facts people. Yes I lean right, but I research my issues before I talk about them because I will not take one side or other without facts. It would be a much better place if we did that.

BTW Red wave coming :)
I think a lot of the breakdown in here comes with how we trollishly mock and post towards the other side.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 15:33:52  
Tbf, a conservative Justice would be a good thing, by that I mean one who wouldn't try to change the abortion *** but also wouldn't give in on people takin' m'gunz.
Those TWO big things I am for.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 15:37:41  
people takin' m'gunz.
Did you hear about latest ruling from 9th Circuit about the Hawaii Case? May be a month or two old.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 15:38:37  
Tbf, a conservative Justice would be a good thing, by that I mean one who wouldn't try to change the abortion *** but also wouldn't give in on people takin' m'gunz.
Those TWO big things I am for.
I need to track down some cheap .45 Colt so I can fun shoot before the end of deer season. I kinda want to try Sellier & Bellot and Magtech but I'll probably end up with a 20 round $18 box of Winchester.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 15:38:52  
people takin' m'gunz.
Did you hear about latest ruling from 9th Circuit about the Hawaii Case? May be a month or two old.
Nop
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-04 15:59:41  
some cheap .45 Colt
I may have to break down and just get me a 1911 in that. Would have loved a 1911 in 40 to go with my other 40s, BUT hard/annoying to find one I like and or trust. Would LOVE to get the Surplus 1911s.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/09/14/breaking-news/hawaii-appeals-decision-to-allow-guns-in-public/

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2018/07/24/12-17808.pdf
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 16:12:52  
some cheap .45 Colt
I may have to break down and just get me a 1911 in that. Would have loved a 1911 in 40 to go with my other 40s, BUT hard/annoying to find one I like and or trust. Would LOVE to get the Surplus 1911s.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/09/14/breaking-news/hawaii-appeals-decision-to-allow-guns-in-public/

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2018/07/24/12-17808.pdf
.45 Colt, revolver.

1911 is .45 ACP, I should buy some cheap ***in that too.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 16:16:25  
I'm not a fan of open carry, various reasons.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-04 16:25:08  
The issue with Hawaii's law is that it error'd on the side of denying Constitutional rights, which is a big no-no. Instead the law should of been written that all applicants will be granted unless there is sufficient reason to deny. "I don't think you need a gun" isn't sufficient reason.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 16:26:31  
For security and working a pawn or gun shop, open carry has benefits; it can deter theft or robbery. For self defense, it's a hindrance; a business can throw you out for carrying a gun iirc, if they don't know you have it, they probably won't kick you out. So you have a choice of being booted out of a business or leaving your CCW in the car where it could be stolen or at home where it's useless to you.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 16:27:21  
Asura.Saevel said: »
The issue with Hawaii's law is that it error'd on the side of denying Constitutional rights, which is a big no-no. Instead the law should of been written that all applicants will be granted unless there is sufficient reason to deny. "I don't think you need a gun" isn't sufficient reason.
I was in a drive through and skimmed it, but yeah, I agree with you.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-04 16:33:31  

I am a cc holder in NY. I would never open carry due to just its insane haha. If I am a bad guy looking to take out threats I am going to take out the guy I know is carrying because hes a known threat.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-04 16:42:38  
Odin.Slore said: »

I am a cc holder in NY. I would never open carry due to just its insane haha. If I am a bad guy looking to take out threats I am going to take out the guy I know is carrying because hes a known threat.
That's another of "various reasons" lol

Plus, I would get tired of people asking why I carry a revolver - if I had my permit, that is.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 17:03:10  
PNR theme song negative creeps:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-10-04 17:07:26  
I'll just sit and grin...and the ***posts will just roll right in:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 131 132 133