Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 131 132 133
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-07 18:41:39  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Control the message, laser in on it, and tell the lunatic fringe to shut up.

The lunatic fringe is running the party now. Everything is about "microaggressions", "unconscious bias" and LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA. That last part isn't an exaggeration, the acronym has actually gotten that long with invented identities by people wanting to claim victim status.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-08 02:19:41  
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:12:08  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Just like these dumb conservatives screaming about their guns.
I am a gun owner and have been to public meetings, I have never screamed like a baby or seen other gun owners scream like babies.

Sigh, back to back reading. So many posts to ignore, could not ignore this one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:16:55  
Anna Ruthven said: »
This will be a textbook example of what it means when conservatives say liberals put emotion over logic.
Mmhmm.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
I've been saying for years now that the Progressive ideology is plain evil. It's goal is to acquire absolute power and use that power to reshape society into a dystopia where the liberal elite rule absolute, "for the betterment of all".
It works just as well if you substitute conservative for progressive and liberal in that paragraph.
I want to disagree with you, but I can't, both sides are bad. XD

Candlejack said: »
Exactly. It's even lead what might have at one time been good men to do great evil, including commit treason. See Mitch McConnell for a good example of that.
Sigh, see Hilary Rodham Clinton.

Something something don't throw stones when living in glass houses.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:18:02  
Well I'm caught up. Time to troll Anna so hard he nukes all of Politics Section out of spite. =D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:47:01  
fonewear said: »
I read that some guy sent Trump a letter with ricin...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pentagon-ricin/utah-man-confessed-to-sending-ricin-letters-court-documents-idUSKCN1ME2RE

A 39-year-old U.S. Navy veteran has confessed to sending letters to U.S. President Donald Trump and other senior officials that were initially feared to contain the poison ricin when they were discovered this week, court documents showed.
Yep, heard of it. Interesting.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-08 08:41:48  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 08:53:06  
Candlejack said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Just like these dumb conservatives screaming about their guns.
I am a gun owner and have been to public meetings, I have never screamed like a baby or seen other gun owners scream like babies.

Sigh, back to back reading. So many posts to ignore, could not ignore this one.
Again, see Ted Nugent.
One dude, sort of celebrity, equaled out by Alyssa Milano, a celebrity protester, whats left after that? lots of protesters screaming in public areas. In public places where they should not screaming.

Does Mr Nugent go to meetings, offical Senate hearings in session and scream "MY GUNS!!!!ZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ? If so, I shall stand corrected.

But again, as a gun owner, I have attended meetings, while legally armed, and in rooms packed full of gun owners, and the scariest individuals there were the, for lack of a real term "scardy cat pussy men" all "worried about us" until the police officers tell them its ok. Then they ask for the police officer to remove us, he says no since we haven't done anything wrong, then they are "well we won't be here if they are!!! RRRNNNEEEE" and the Chairmen leading the meeting says "well sir you can leave if you'd like"

So hows that for being a grown up and trying to have a debate? Scream and whine to try to have your way because you're unhinged?

America deserves better than that.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-08 09:55:36  
Next week they'll all be screaming about something else...

I saw a headline...Alyssa Milano Says We Probably Should Have Investigated Bill Clinton

yeah... well maybe if the left had taken those allegations more seriously it would have helped them not look like a bunch of partisan hacks... but there's more to it than that. You also have to care when it's not front page of the news, You also have to care when it doesn't involve a celebrity. You can't only care when it's a politician on the opposite side and the news platform you follow told you to get upset about it.

If you want to be taken seriously.

and here is the hardest part. You have to take some responsibility for your own actions. Nobody but you is going to. There is no anticipation of safety anywhere. It's an illusion you kid yourself with. We are the most dangerous animals on the planet. Would you stage a protest against grizzly bears if a man or a woman got drunk and wandered into their cave and got mauled? No. so if you go to a party OR ANYWHERE ELSE and people are acting irresponsibly, you get the *** out. You have to be situationally aware of whats going on around you. If all the other chimps start shaking the tree branches you get the *** out, even if you have to fight your way out. SO if you see some bros doing keg stands and forcing beer up each other's rectums, you listen to the voice inside your head screaming DANGER WILL ROBINSON and /quickwhistle you turn around and walk the *** out. You don't take meetings with fat old douchebags in positions of considerable power over your life in their *** hotel room OK? and you also don't walk into bear caves drunk and covered in honey.

Maybe it is all my fault
. Because I never thought we would have to teach anyone these things... but apparently we do.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-08 10:26:33  
Well I'm caught up. Time to troll Anna so hard he nukes all of Politics Section out of spite. =D
Troll Rooks for that.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 10:28:34  
Troll Rooks for that.
I'd have to see him more to try that. >_>
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-08 11:00:16  
Troll Rooks

just don't do it during sunday brunch....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 12:25:54  
Feels slow today.

I guess no one is out telling us sheep what to be mad about.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-10-08 12:32:55  
REAL white collar jobs have the day off for columbus day, they'll be hard at work stirring up the dummies again tomorrow.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-08 13:17:45  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Next week they'll all be screaming about something else...

I saw a headline...Alyssa Milano Says We Probably Should Have Investigated Bill Clinton

yeah... well maybe if the left had taken those allegations more seriously it would have helped them not look like a bunch of partisan hacks... but there's more to it than that. You also have to care when it's not front page of the news, You also have to care when it doesn't involve a celebrity. You can't only care when it's a politician on the opposite side and the news platform you follow told you to get upset about it.

If you want to be taken seriously.

and here is the hardest part. You have to take some responsibility for your own actions. Nobody but you is going to. There is no anticipation of safety anywhere. It's an illusion you kid yourself with. We are the most dangerous animals on the planet. Would you stage a protest against grizzly bears if a man or a woman got drunk and wandered into their cave and got mauled? No. so if you go to a party OR ANYWHERE ELSE and people are acting irresponsibly, you get the *** out. You have to be situationally aware of whats going on around you. If all the other chimps start shaking the tree branches you get the *** out, even if you have to fight your way out. SO if you see some bros doing keg stands and forcing beer up each other's rectums, you listen to the voice inside your head screaming DANGER WILL ROBINSON and /quickwhistle you turn around and walk the *** out. You don't take meetings with fat old douchebags in positions of considerable power over your life in their *** hotel room OK? and you also don't walk into bear caves drunk and covered in honey.

Maybe it is all my fault
. Because I never thought we would have to teach anyone these things... but apparently we do.

Milano is she named after the cookie ?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-08 13:23:27  
Republicans are so evil...that we are starting to recruit women and minorities to join us. Hell if we keep it up George Soros will come out as a Republican...just to piss off the Democrats.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 13:30:04  
Republicans are so evil...that we are starting to recruit women and minorities to join us. Hell if we keep it up George Soros will come out as a Republican...just to piss off the Democrats.
The previous president is what recruited me to the "evil" side.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-08 14:16:54  
we are starting to recruit

not really.... we mostly just wait around patiently for democrats to grow up.

The previous president is what recruited me

there's one now!
<cash register sound>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 14:42:54  
not really.... we mostly just wait around patiently for democrats to grow up.
Indeed. I grew up and realized I did not want to be the next Venezuela or Cuba.

Previous president has a great oratory skill. He sounds so right and correct. Brings back my memories of speeches made in 1930s.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-10-08 14:48:23  
Oh yeah, everything worked out great in the 30's.....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 15:07:38  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Oh yeah, everything worked out great in the 30's.....
Yah, that end of 30's transition to the 40's certainly was a hell of an era.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-08 16:32:26  
Previous president has a great oratory skill.

Did he really though? Or did you just hear that a lot of times?

I think that he sucks at public speaking and not just because I diagram with every word he says
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 16:48:27  
Previous president has a great oratory skill.

Did he really though? Or did you just hear that a lot of times?

I think that he sucks at public speaking and not just because I diagram with every word he says
No, I didn't hear that from someone. I did my due diligence and gave all sides a listen to. I listened to him, and when he spoke, he sounded right and correct. Reminded me of two other great speech givers. JFK & AH. But I found too many parallels to me when he spoke, such as the crowd was happy hearing him and took him at his word blindly. I only remember AH doing that, so I listened to some old speeches of his recorded, and I don't know any German, and it felt so familiar, listening to them both. Both so confident and charismatic, alluring their listeners. That raised a HUGE red flag for me, for obvious reasons.

To be clear, its more of how he says things, than what he says, to me that scared me away from him.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-08 16:51:04  
Hope everyones enjoying their day off this Columbus day. And if you didn't have off, well then those indians died for NOTHIN'

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-08 17:21:32  
Just got home man. Seems it was a slow news day?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-08 18:22:44  
Odin.Slore said: »
Just got home man. Seems it was a slow news day?
Yep.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-08 18:26:42  
How Russian Trolls Used Star Wars Fandom to Speed Us Towards Dystopia
Seattle Stranger

I highly recommend this easy. The title is misleading. The author seems to have been redpilled twice. Once in, once out.

He has a better view of what the internet is and is used for than most anyone I have read.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-08 19:12:09  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
How Russian Trolls Used Star Wars Fandom to Speed Us Towards Dystopia
Seattle Stranger

I highly recommend this easy. The title is misleading. The author seems to have been redpilled twice. Once in, once out.

He has a better view of what the internet is and is used for than most anyone I have read.

Funny that the writer would bemoan that the internet being used for right-wing partisan propaganda... when he's posting an article on the internet that is full of left-wing propaganda. For someone who has been "redpilled twice", he sure has a one-sided view of reality.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-08 19:19:22  
Disney giving Kathleen Kennedy an unbelievable 3 year extension sped us towards dystopia far more effectively than the Russians. How hard is it to hire Cad Bane to take her out? She isn't even a high value target.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 131 132 133