Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 131 132 133
By Viciouss 2018-10-27 22:13:14  
Yea, the mail bomber was also a domestic terrorist. Both men committed acts of terror and they will both be spending the rest of their lives in prison.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-27 23:00:04  
Nausi said: »
Viciouss said: »
Its sad how nausi and cj see domestic terrorists differently based on their party affiliation, you never really get used to it despite their years of trolling.
Of course he was a domestic terrorist. The hatred he had for Trump Jews got him halfway there already.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-28 07:40:49  
Dems openly support a two state solution

I support a two state solution... leave Israel alone and move the Palestinians to there own state in the middle of the Libyan desert.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 09:14:53  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Dems openly support a two state solution

I support a two state solution... leave Israel alone and move the Palestinians to there own state in the middle of the Libyan desert.

There is a desert in California that would work also...
By fonewear 2018-10-28 09:21:20  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Its sad how nausi and cj see domestic terrorists differently based on their party affiliation, you never really get used to it despite their years of trolling.
Of course he was a domestic terrorist. The hatred he had for Trump Jews got him halfway there already.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2018-10-28 10:17:10  
Dodgers totally blew that game last night fone, up 4-0 with 8 outs to go and give up 9 runs.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-28 10:18:17  

Boston’s got the stix this year :(
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 10:41:55  
I don’t get how Apu is considered racism.
Gas station industry in the US, at least where i live, is dominated by people from India.
This isn’t racism, it’s just a fact. I’ve worked at a few gas stations and i know that at least in my home state this is true.
Nice people btw, very kind, and large families due to strong family values. Just like Apu on The Simpsons depicts. We all could probably take a few notes from this hard working nation of peoples.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 10:43:00  
I'm disappointed down 3-1 the Dodgers are basically done.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 10:43:47  
Sportsball sucks
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 10:45:16  
I should have also added that The Simpsons never even implied that all gas station are ran by some guy from India
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 10:46:47  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I should have also added that The Simpsons never even implied that all gas station are ran by some guy from India

They also used to have good writers.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 10:51:07  
they lost their good writers back in the late 90s i would guess.
i noticed that when Family Guy first aired in the late 90s (i hated that show) The Simpsons quality took a nosedive and ss a result I boycotted TV for almost a decade
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 11:03:58  
they lost their good writers back in the late 90s i would guess.
i noticed that when Family Guy first aired in the late 90s (i hated that show) The Simpsons quality took a nosedive and ss a result I boycotted TV for almost a decade

The only defense the Simpsons have is that they have been on the air too long. Any show will eventually go past it prime and become stale.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 11:14:50  
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 11:17:56  
It’s not his fault.
He has a crayon in his brain, a CRAYON.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-28 11:48:11  
Gas station industry in the US, at least where i live, is dominated by people from India.
This isn’t racism, it’s just a fact. I’ve worked at a few gas stations and i know that at least in my home state this is true.
Nice people btw, very kind, and large families due to strong family values. Just like Apu on The Simpsons depicts. We all could probably take a few notes from this hard working nation of peoples.
I think its racial stereotyping not racism. Apu isn't cast in a negative fashion after all.

But then again isn't Krusty Jewish? And aren't Jewish comedians racial stereotyping?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 11:51:21  
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 11:57:29  
I think its racial stereotyping not racism. Apu isn't cast in a negative fashion after all.

But then again isn't Krusty Jewish? And aren't Jewish comedians racial stereotyping?
problem with labeling these things as racially stereotyping, is that all depictions of a non-white person that has not been whitewashed to be the stereotype of a white person, will be considered a racist stereotype... so we end up back at square one where “everything is dominated by whites”
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 11:58:58  

problem with labeling these things as racially stereotyping, is that all depictions of a non-white person that has not been whitewashed to be the stereotype of a white person, will be considered a racist stereotype... so we end up back at square one where “everything is dominated by whites”

I try to be every stereotypical white thing there is. Drinking beer watching nascar sports you name it. Hell I'm a walking Coors Light ad !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 12:07:11  
A reason to drink more Scotch:

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 12:17:30  
I hear the argument that all non-whites act like “white people” on TV/Movies (which in itself is a stereotype), and i do see this as being kind of trut. but then when you get non-whites portrayed in any other fashion, it becomes a racist stereotype. it seems no matter what is done (or not done), someone in America will be offended.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-28 12:20:41  
I hear the argument that all non-whites act like “white people” on TV/Movies (which in itself is a stereotype), and i do see this as being kind of trut. but then when you get non-whites portrayed in any other fashion, it becomes a racist stereotype. it seems no matter what is done (or not done), someone in America will be offended.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. It isn't just made up out of thin air. When a majority of people act a certain way. It is easy to just generalize and say "white people act like this". Take race out of it. People stereotype all the time cause it is easier than getting to know someone.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 12:27:57  
“we want to be represented”
can only be done with a generalization due to the “we” in the statement.

generalizations are considered offensive by the individuals contained within the “we”.

Endgame: Nobody wins
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-28 12:50:55  
what is being voted on?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2018-10-28 13:22:11  
it isn't racism.

It's yet another round of symptomatic illness by PC virtue signaling "warriors" on the left who seek to force their personal psychological demons onto the rest of our society and culture.
By Nausi 2018-10-28 13:54:46  
it isn't racism.

It's yet another round of symptomatic illness by PC virtue signaling "warriors" on the left who seek to force their personal psychological demons onto the rest of our society and culture.
When the left says things like gender or race "is a social construct" they are building what one should refer to as a conceptual subjective reality. That is different from objective reality (the world we all live in).

In a subjective reality there doesn't need to be biological differences between the sexes or the various races, anything you wish were true can ultimately be true, because real truth is not longer truth, YOUR truth (or the groups truth) is the ultimate authority.

This is the genesis behind most of the modern left's ideology. They take wishful concepts that have no basis in objective reality and offer people whom don't like them an alternative place to exist. Once people adopt a new subjective reality like "Apu's character is an example of racism" they view actual reality "Apu's character is an humorous take on a common Indian American story" as antithetical to their existence.

They seek to purge all objective truth that does not align with their own subjective reality. It would be like if you woke up one day looking for a wife, and they only women around you were fat whales (who I'm sure don't embody your ideal of a wife). You would seek to change your environment so that the women around you were more representative of your idea of a marriageable woman.

The Apu controversy is one example of this behavior, but insert 57 genders, black people are only poor because of white oppression, women are paid less because of male oppression, fat acceptance, etc and it all follows the same pattern of behavior.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 131 132 133