Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 131 132 133
By Viciouss 2018-09-30 09:33:54  
Trump has been tweeting shots at NBC for that story but Fox News carried it as well and made their own report on it saying the same thing.

WH limits FBI to 2 accusers
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-30 09:43:07  
Democrats planning to examine Trump’s tax returns after the midterms

A nearly 100-year old statute allows the chairmen of Congress’ tax committees to look at anyone’s returns.

Politico

Its getting personal now.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-30 09:53:08  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
White House Imposes Tight Constraints on FBI Review
TPM

So much for a fair open ended investagation.

Asura.Saevel said: »
I think they wanted to also use it as a fishing expedition to try to see if they can fabricate find some skeletons. That's why President Trump preemptively authorized it to be a limited supplementary background investigation with a one week time limit. By putting that out there he prevented the Democrats from fabricating their own witch hunt with a 2025 time limit that's authorized to look into anything the Democrats feel warrants a look.

The FBI's background investigation won't find anything it hasn't already found, add a few pages of testimony from the three people Ford, and only Ford, has named where there, who have already said under oath they don't remember the incident. They might ask those individuals what Kavanaugh's character is like, and then close the record.

It'll do exactly what it's supposed to do, investigate Dr Ford's allegations and one other. That's it, end of story, no Democrat sponsored multi-year fishing expedition with secret goals written on secret memo's that only Democrats know about.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-30 14:48:49  
This one cannot be multi year* because its limited to one week.

This one cannot be fair because its limited to four witnesses.

*That comes in January anyway.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-30 16:36:58  
NINE PAGES.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-09-30 18:25:01  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
what movie is that?

faith in humanity falls .5
never put faith in mankind :P
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-30 19:17:53  
This one cannot be fair because its limited to four witnesses.

To the four witness's already identified.

This is just to investigate the unsubstantiated allegations that two women made against Judge Kavanaugh. That's it, nothing else. It's not a criminal investigation because there has been no criminal complaint filed, it's a limited background investigation. This isn't to find something that the Democrats can later use against a Republican, sorry if that makes it "unfair" for your side.

But hey when have the Democrats ever let something as inconvenient as the truth or due process get in their way. Power at any cost.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-30 20:05:19  
Limits to FBI's Kavanaugh investigation have not changed, despite Trump's comments
Trump’s Saturday night tweet has not changed the limits imposed by the White House counsel’s office on the FBI's Kavanaugh investigation, sources say.

NBC news

TLDR: They cannot talk to anyone who could possibly testify to Kavanaugh's perjury.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 07:46:32  
Expected to see some Kanye talk up in hurrr this mornin.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 08:33:54  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
USA
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-01 08:39:43  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
what movie is that?

faith in humanity falls .5
never put faith in mankind :P

I have faith that they will fail.

<insert diabolical laugh here>
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-01 09:11:45  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Expected to see some Kanye talk up in hurrr this mornin.

We're all about empowering minorities to speak their minds... unless they stray from their preappointed course as Democrat voters. Then you mock and boo the crap out of them.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-01 09:12:24  
Quote:
The Well-Known Game of Devil’s Triangle

1. The game requires three players: the Dealer, the Kavanaugh, and the Public.

2. The players are seated at the vertices of an equilateral triangle that has been drawn on a circular table using masking tape.

3. The Dealer and the Kavanaugh are each given a 14-oz. crystal Pilsner glass in Waterford’s Lismore pattern.

4. The Public is issued a red solo cup.

5. All three glasses are placed just inside the triangle, within easy reach of the players.

6. The Butler, who is not a player but is probably around given the players, fills the crystal glasses with Sapporo Space Beer, made from barley that was grown on the International Space Center. (1980s editions of the game substituted Westmalle Trippel.)

7. The Public gets Natural Light in a can. Under no circumstances is it to be chilled.

8. Play proceeds clockwise, beginning with the Public.

9. On the Public’s turn, the player takes a quarter from his or her pocket and hands it to the Dealer.

10. Play then passes to the Dealer, who takes the quarter, puts it in his pocket, drinks his beer, and is served another.

11. When play passes to the Kavanaugh, he also drinks his beer and is served another.

12. The Public is not allowed to touch his or her beer under any circumstances.

13. Play proceeds in this fashion until the Public runs out of money.

14. The Kavanaugh is summarily awarded a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

15. The Dealer throws a single quarter into the Public’s red solo cup filled with Natural Light and instructs him or her to “Slurp it up, poor-o!”

16. The Public fishes the quarter out of the cup of warm beer, goes to the nearest pay phone, randomly dials a local number, and fruitlessly attempts to find anyone else on the planet who is dumb enough to believe that “Devil’s Triangle” is a drinking game, in hopes of beginning another game as the Dealer.

17. The Kavanaugh overturns Roe v. Wade.

Maybe there are other rules for playing The Devil’s Triangle that don’t end in utter disaster for the nation. Maybe Brett Kavanaugh will share them with us. But until he does, the healthiest response to being asked to keep a straight face for this *** is an obliteratingly stiff drink. Anything but beer.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 09:23:19  
Glad you put that in quotes Chanti, cuz that sounds like a lot of baloney. Jeesh, the crap people make up.

Now, back to work on getting TWO walls built.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-01 09:26:46  
It's funny that number 16 states that you have to be dumb to think that the Devil's Triangle could be used as a name for a drinking game, and then immediately follows up in 17 by repeating one of the dumbest narratives that has been bandied about lately.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-01 10:37:16  
Kavanaugh overturns Roe v. Wade.

I think you're pretty much in the clear on that ruling effecting you any more... >.>
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-10-01 10:55:14  
I heard Trudeau challenged Trump to a game of Devils Triangle where the first to boof was the loser.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 10:55:26  
I know nobody cares about Canada
I care, when its important and pertinent to Canadians. =)

Also yes, I didn't think it was going to be that bad to y'all.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-01 10:56:09  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I heard Trudeau challenged Trump to a game of Devils Triangle where the first to boof was the loser.
I heard Trump was gonna Nominate the Clintons for Judge seats so the FBI would have to investigate them.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-01 11:01:36  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I heard Trump was gonna Nominate the Clintons for Judge seats so the FBI would have to investigate them.

I heard he plans on building the walls with her emails.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-10-01 11:04:01  
I know nobody cares about Canada

I love canada. It's real close to where I live, and I'm sure the midwest of canada is really no different than the midwest USA. you guys are my bro's to the north!

plus it's a ton of fun to mock canada for no particular reason other than boredom and you guys are good sports.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-01 11:20:59  
Random Politics & Religion #35 ~Nobody cares about Canada

/lobbies for thread title change
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-01 12:46:11  
Haha and the Democrats trying to move the goal posts ... again. First they demanded a FBI investigation in the sexual assault allegations made by Ford, this was ordered by the President to happen. Now they are pissed because they are getting exactly what they asked for and not the secret Democrat lead endeavor they wanted. This just gave the political cover needed for moderate Republicans and a few vulnerable Democrats to vote yes to Kavanaugh later this week / weekend.

So next week we'll have another Supreme Court Judge.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-01 13:01:34  
The only update is the WH is picking and choosing who the FBI can and cant interview. Saevel still has no idea what the swing votes will do nor how they will react to an incomplete investigation.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 131 132 133