Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 131 132 133
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 09:16:53  
Viciouss said: »
You can't mount a platform against her lol. But like I said, we can't wait, almost anyone will be able to defeat Trump. The Electoral College favors the Dems, and Trump is a moral failure.

The very same Massachusetts polls where Democrats give high approval ratings to Warren also show vastly different levels of support for her actually running for president. Her own people think it would be a bad idea.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-11-07 09:18:36  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
LOL It's all subjective =D

Sexy Congress

but lets be real, we all know no one can beat reigning champ Virginia Foxx. those eyes!
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 09:20:36  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You can't mount a platform against her lol. But like I said, we can't wait, almost anyone will be able to defeat Trump. The Electoral College favors the Dems, and Trump is a moral failure.

The very same Massachusetts polls where Democrats give high approval ratings to Warren also show vastly different levels of support for her actually running for president. Her own people think it would be a bad idea.

You are going to have to do way better than that.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-07 09:21:36  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
LOL It's all subjective =D

Sexy Congress

but lets be real, we all know no one can beat reigning champ Virginia Foxx. those eyes!
LOL I will check that link at home or something.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 09:24:49  

I'm basing my opinions on polling data. You're basing your opinions on feels. Try harder.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 09:30:23  

I'm basing my opinions on polling data. You're basing your opinions on feels. Try harder.

Is that your go to defense now? You think that a small state that would prefer Warren to remain their Senator, but would still 100% vote for her in the Presidential Election is going to impact her run? There would be no drama in Massachussetts, Trump wouldn't even campaign there.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 09:35:41  

Is that your go to defense now? You think that a small state that would prefer Warren to remain their Senator, but would still 100% vote for her in the Presidential Election is going to impact her run? There would be no drama in Massachussetts, Trump wouldn't even campaign there.

Massachusetts would vote for her, but the people there know it would be a bad idea for hey to run for president because she has little appeal outside of her state. Purple states are people for a reason. They wouldn't go for a far leftist like Warren. But yeah, fronting an old white woman with little charisma worked out so well for you last time. By all means, disregard my warnings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 09:36:37  
Swype is worse than usual today. Ugh.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-11-07 09:41:49  
Dead brothel owner wins Nevada state assembly seat

Quote:
Dennis Hof, a Nevada brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month, won an election for Nevada's 36th Assembly District Tuesday night, the Nevada Secretary of State's office said.

Hof, who ran as a Republican, defeated Democratic challenger Lesia Romanov by more than 7,000 votes, the office said.
Nevada's 36th Assembly District sits in the southern portion of the state, and includes portions of Nye, Lincoln and of Clark counties. According to state law, county officials will now appoint a fellow Republican who also resides in the district to take Hof's seat.

Hof, a self-proclaimed pimp, was found dead October 16 after celebrating his 72nd birthday at one of his ranches. The cause of death is still under investigation.

Hof -- the star of HBO's "Cathouse" series who Republican consultant Roger Stone had called "Trump from Pahrump" -- had ousted a sitting Republican member of Nevada's State Assembly in a primary.

Party on, Hof.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-07 09:47:51  

Yah good luck with that troll.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-07 10:22:13  
Actually the electoral college favors the GOP. Low population states have an outsized advantage there and most low population states are solid red.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-07 10:26:55  
Candlejack said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Dead brothel owner wins Nevada state assembly seat

Quote:
Dennis Hof, a Nevada brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month, won an election for Nevada's 36th Assembly District Tuesday night, the Nevada Secretary of State's office said.

Hof, who ran as a Republican, defeated Democratic challenger Lesia Romanov by more than 7,000 votes, the office said.
Nevada's 36th Assembly District sits in the southern portion of the state, and includes portions of Nye, Lincoln and of Clark counties. According to state law, county officials will now appoint a fellow Republican who also resides in the district to take Hof's seat.

Hof, a self-proclaimed pimp, was found dead October 16 after celebrating his 72nd birthday at one of his ranches. The cause of death is still under investigation.

Hof -- the star of HBO's "Cathouse" series who Republican consultant Roger Stone had called "Trump from Pahrump" -- had ousted a sitting Republican member of Nevada's State Assembly in a primary.
Party on, Hof.
Now the county has to select another candidate and either hold a special election or swear that person in. Not sure how it works in Nevada.
Governor appoints from the same party. I think the state party picks the substitute, not sure.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-11-07 10:37:03  
Did somebody say Hof?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-11-07 10:41:50  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Actually the electoral college favors the GOP. Low population states have an outsized advantage there and most low population states are solid red.
And that's why the next Dem president's first move would probably be to do away with the EC. States with lower population shouldn't have more say than states with higher population. It's an outdated concept from an outdated time. Like Tiger handheld games back in the days of the old black and white Gameboy.
Agreed that it's an old system, but it keeps the country from being ruled from New England and West Coast. What about the rest of the country? Do we just ignore american citizens in the middle?

We should stop demarginalizing the people that live in middle or not in the Liberal Bastions of New England and California/Washington.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-07 10:54:27  
If it was one person one vote then NY, Cali and DC would decide every election just due to size
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 10:55:29  
Looks like its going to be days, or even weeks before we know whats going on in Arizona, Montana should be more clear today, Tester is barely ahead but the votes left to count are in urban areas, so he should hold onto his seat. Mississippi is having a runoff on November 27th. There will likely be a recount in Florida as well.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-07 11:09:51  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
And that's why the next Dem president's first move would probably be to do away with the EC. States with lower population shouldn't have more say than states with higher population. It's an outdated concept from an outdated time. Like Tiger handheld games back in the days of the old black and white Gameboy.

Okay, genius. Explain to us how a president can do away with the electoral college just because he feels like it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 11:11:29  
Can we not encourage him lol. The EC isn't going anywhere, just like the 14th Amendment isn't going anywhere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-07 11:34:47  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 11:37:17  
You gotta love these empty threats of Senate investigations, the Dems don't care. The House Intel Committee finally has credibility again, and there is a shitload to do. Reopen the Russian investigation from the beginning, the business ties with the Saudis, the business ties with Putin, all of the ethics violations that have come pouring out of the Cabinet, Maxine Waters is going to subpoena those tax returns on day 1.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-07 11:38:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-11-07 11:40:40  
2020 looks great. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin went blue.

ohio stayed red... but voted for sherrod brown...

\_(*.*)_/

come to think of it... I never saw an add for his opponent....
all I know is dems spent and lost a lot of money in ohio

/points and laughs at danny o'connor

it was kind of a mixed bag for me...stupid issue 1 went down, but then my neighbors voted to kick ourselves in the balls with higher taxes....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-11-07 11:48:45  
Schiff for sure will be taking over, Waters is getting the Financial Committee.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 131 132 133