Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-29 12:36:51  
Idle:
ItemSet 94444
Body: Path D
Earring: Refresh+1 (as an alternative, use Enmerkar or Rimeice)

BP Timer:
ItemSet 320182
Cape: Skill+5

Physical BP:
ItemSet 94450
Head/Feet: BPDmg+7, Pet:DA+8, Pet:Acc/Atk
Hands: BPDmg+10, Pet:STR/DEX/Acc/Atk
Legs: Path D
Cape: Pet:Acc/Atk

Magical BP:
ItemSet 124548
Head/Body/Feet: Path A
Hands: BPDmg+10, Pet:INT/MAcc/MAB
Cape: Pet:MAcc+30/MDmg+20

Flaming Crush:
ItemSet 319492
Head/Legs/Feet: Path A
Hands: Same as magic pair
Cape: Pet:Acc/Atk

Those are the main sets. If you're curious about other sets, take a look at my Lua: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-12-29 13:05:17  
Hey purg,

whats your pact timer with that set?
and is that with master smn?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-29 13:15:45  
zaxtiss said: »
Hey purg,

whats your pact timer with that set?
and is that with master smn?
he's capped, 21s
yes.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-29 13:36:04  
Not best bp sets but its what I use, Pumps out some high numbers.

ItemSet 364143

apogee head path B
apogee legs path D
merlinic hands pet acc, att, bpd 10

ItemSet 364144

Apogee head and feet Path A
apogee legs path D
Merlinic hands pet macc, mab, bpd 10

ItemSet 364145

Apogee path A
Merlinic hands pet macc, mab, bpd 10

Unclear if smn collar +1 would beat adad amulet for magical BP, mainly cause haven't bothered to find out. Sure someone will let me know though
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-29 13:54:37  
if willing to coordinate all those sets, why not see about getting access to the guide sticky to put em in there for folks, that ***still has helios and af+1
[+]
By smii 2018-12-29 18:22:04  
Does relic body+3 have a place anywhere? I'm currently using it in my pet idle set.

ItemSet 362736
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-29 18:55:38  
smii said: »
Does relic body+3 have a place anywhere? I'm currently using it in my pet idle set.

ItemSet 362736

not really. Maybe idle for town to showoff. Missing out on 3-4refresh in the field tho
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-12-29 19:36:38  
Unless you're very acc starved, Relic Body +3 is BiS for physical BPs and a major improvement when not pdif capped.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-01-03 14:11:14  
Espiritus path B for avatar perpetuation, right?

« Clarifying: For the Non-Nirvana SMNs »
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-03 17:57:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
Espiritus path B for avatar perpetuation, right?

« Clarifying: For the Non-Nirvana SMNs »

Espiritus doesn't have avatar perp-.

Short of nirvana, the only option are the magian trials staves that no sane person does. those get up to -8

There are i level options that do -5 pretty consistently, gridarvor being the easiest.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-01-03 18:05:08  
Asura.Frod said: »
Short of nirvana, the only option are the magian trials staves that no sane person does. those get up to -8

Ew. lol
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-03 19:08:21  

Ew. lol

Espiritus would fall in line before obtaining a Grioavolr for magic bp damage. and maybe a smn skill staff depending on the path you choose.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-04 05:37:24  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Ew. lol

Espiritus would fall in line before obtaining a Grioavolr for magic bp damage. and maybe a smn skill staff depending on the path you choose.
Espiritus is only one of two staves with +15 skill and the only reasonable one to obtain.

however, the question was on avatar perpetuation, and espiritus doesn't have any.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-04 11:15:17  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Unless you're very acc starved, Relic Body +3 is BiS for physical BPs and a major improvement when not pdif capped.
You need pretty crazy acc to make it viable. For me, it was a downgrade until I got augmented Nirvana & R25 collar. After your recent post I brushed the dust off it and tried it again, and it does indeed seem ever-so-slightly better. So you may be right that it's BiS, but only if everything else you have is also BiS and fully upgraded/augmented. (Could probably get away with un-augmented Nirvana, as long as you have Kyrene's Earring, capped Collar+2, and at least two Acc+ augments on Helios/Merlinic pieces. I have one Acc and two Atk, personally.)

Also, all of this assumes AM3 is not up because then AF+3 is the clear winner. Therein lies the main reason I wasn't willing to change my augments to accuracy path to accommodate the relic body long ago, because I use the same pieces when AM3 is up and I'd be giving up tons of attack to gain accuracy that I don't need when that AF+3 body is equipped.

So it's a fine balance to strike in my opinion, and I don't think relic body is as fantastic as you make it out to be. It's very difficult to make it work in a way that you aren't giving up more than you gain in the grand scheme.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-04 15:19:47  
Wouldn't using relic body push gelos slightly over kyrenes on paper? Then again arguing fractions of a percent.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-04 16:05:21  
It would, but I think you need the accuracy too much to go back to Gelos at that point.

I pretty much gear for the hardest content, I don't even care if I could squeeze another 3% more damage out on Zi'tah T1s by having a whole other BP set and toggle for low-acc content. If I did though, it would probably include both the relic body & Gelos.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-04 16:12:29  
Short of nirvana, the only option are the magian trials staves that no sane person does

I started on them years ago, think I finally tossed them when I got back the last time. Was probably almost done with a few too, wouldn't be as bad now with the geodes having gutted in price.
By Tarage 2019-01-04 17:37:07  

I have all 8... did them back in the day before I made my Nirvana.

Titan misses like a ***.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-01-04 19:15:50  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
You need pretty crazy acc to make it viable. For me, it was a downgrade until I got augmented Nirvana & R25 collar. After your recent post I brushed the dust off it and tried it again, and it does indeed seem ever-so-slightly better. So you may be right that it's BiS, but only if everything else you have is also BiS and fully upgraded/augmented. (Could probably get away with un-augmented Nirvana, as long as you have Kyrene's Earring, capped Collar+2, and at least two Acc+ augments on Helios/Merlinic pieces. I have one Acc and two Atk, personally.)

Also, all of this assumes AM3 is not up because then AF+3 is the clear winner. Therein lies the main reason I wasn't willing to change my augments to accuracy path to accommodate the relic body long ago, because I use the same pieces when AM3 is up and I'd be giving up tons of attack to gain accuracy that I don't need when that AF+3 body is equipped.

So it's a fine balance to strike in my opinion, and I don't think relic body is as fantastic as you make it out to be. It's very difficult to make it work in a way that you aren't giving up more than you gain in the grand scheme.
If it's just for SMN burning some HELM NMs with SPs then yeah, you will certainly do fine without relic body.
In situations where pdif isn't capped (almost always the case in Dyna D, HTBs, UCNMs, MTs, solo and sometimes in Ambuscade/Omen) it's truly an essential piece to have since crit hits can almost double dmg on BPs. I would probably not have managed to solo Onychophora, Maju, Yakshi, Kam'lanaut or 4 man Tumult Curator if I had not invested in crit pieces for instance.

Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Obstatrix takes 35175 points of damage.
Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Obstatrix takes 29437 points of damage.
Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Obstatrix takes 27795 points of damage.
Obviously not my average dmg but anyone who regularly fights these bosses knows it's hard for SMN to break 12k even with buffs.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-01-14 12:02:39  
whats the opinion on this for VS with AG nirvana

Merlinic with BPD 10 so a total of 15

Merlinic native =5 bpd and pet DA 5?

Just tryin to get most out of VS