Smeagol: Automatically Use XP/CP Rings.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Smeagol: automatically use XP/CP rings.
Smeagol: automatically use XP/CP rings.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-09 14:39:57  
gargurty said: »
great program but it interfers with the cp back lock in my lua lol. Anyway to prevent this?
I've had a scan through the logic and nowhere does this addon disable or enable the back slot.

What leads you to the assumption it is this addon?
[+]
 Phoenix.Lobsang
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-04-09 14:56:08  
only way i'd think to handle it would be to remove the CP backlock and use gs disable back?
By Lili 2019-04-09 16:13:53  
Thanks for the appreciation! I appreciate being appreciated.

gargurty said: »
great program but it interfers with the cp back lock in my lua lol. Anyway to prevent this?

There's nothing in Smeagol that can interfere with other addons/gearswap scripts. In fact, I went the extra mile to make sure it's as unintrusive as possible.

That said, some gearswap scripts have a routine that checks rings/cape, and if any of those is not a CP item, they enable all slots. It is a bad design on the part of who wrote the logic in my opinion - it also overrides any other manual locks, i.e. weapons or ammo slots - so I do not plan on adding any special exception to Smeagol to make it play nice in these cases. Either get rid of that part of your lua and lock cape in manually, or find a lua that also has the automatic ring function, there's a bunch floating around.

Now while I'm here...

DaneBlood said: »
B: this is not entirely true. we are able ti script with sparks plugin to buy the ring. but we have no accessalbie script way to make the check for empty rings and drops them.
so we have to mess with inventroy and check and drop it manually

Ah but you see, you (plural) are not able to do so. The code to do what you (plural) ask is already written and publicly available, but you (plural) are not able to take advantage of it unless it's wrapped in a nice addon command. Which is fine, nobody is saying that you (plural) should be able to, but that function is not in the scope of this addon and not something I want to mess with, so if you want it you're on your own. Go cobble it up together with Treasury or something, I guess.

(Besides, it's not like I can prevent anybody from forking Smeagol and adding whatever functionality they want. I'm sure somebody already did it.)

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
You can obtain rings from Reisen coffers.

Which you still need to interact with manually.

Not quoting it, but glad you get my point about wrongly dropped items lol.

Quote:
Any plan to move the code to Github for issue tracking and version history?

Not for the foreseeable future, because I am a profundly lazy person. I do already have an account tho, and I have 3 more addons I want to release eventually, so I'm not excluding it entirely.

Quote:
Also, as a software engineer, I can safely say many bad software products ignore their customer needs ;)

I interned at Mozilla back when they decided the Awesome Bar could not be turned off! Or at Google when they were redesigning the UI to be red and black and forcing Google+ on users!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let me use a visual aid:

I wrote the one on the left. People want the one on the right. I don't make the one on the right. The end.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-10 08:12:00  
Lili said: »
Thanks for the appreciation! I appreciate being appreciated.

DaneBlood said: »
B: this is not entirely true. we are able ti script with sparks plugin to buy the ring. but we have no accessalbie script way to make the check for empty rings and drops them.
so we have to mess with inventroy and check and drop it manually

Ah but you see, you (plural) are not able to do so. The code to do what you (plural) ask is already written and publicly available, but you (plural) are not able to take advantage of it unless it's wrapped in a nice addon command. Which is fine, nobody is saying that you (plural) should be able to, but that function is not in the scope of this addon and not something I want to mess with, so if you want it you're on your own. Go cobble it up together with Treasury or something, I guess.

(Besides, it's not like I can prevent anybody from forking Smeagol and adding whatever functionality they want. I'm sure somebody already did it.)

I fully agree with the points you (singular) have.
and it is a brain child of you (singular). And again I appreciate the effort put forth by you (singular).
But if you (singular) ever decide to change the stand that you (singular) have, make sure that you (singular) let us know.
I believe the best way for you ( singular) to do so, is if you (singular) write and update here later, in case you (singular) wants to.

Anyway you made my morning today sir.
After arriving 35 mins later for work due to a car accident this made me laugh.
Then kinda sad that we have to go to this extreme when debating to ensure nothing is taken as a personal attack. ppl can no longer just debate simple tiny disagreement online without it going all out aggressive.

I see the same development issue on some of my tools as well.
ppl keep asking for features that that i don't feel belong into the scope of the tool.

The fact that you put in the effort to make and share it, is nice.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-15 16:21:03  
how about that new cp ring?
By Lili 2019-04-15 16:36:58  
Asura.Fondue said: »
how about that new cp ring?

How about it indeed?
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-16 03:25:22  
lol literally a ctrl+f and "Endo" in the Lua will tell you that's already in there. You're welcome!
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-16 08:45:57  
My bad, thanks! Ring was in my sack :(
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-16 09:08:35  
Beware of keeping you ring on your sack for to long
[+]
By Lili 2019-04-16 09:15:22  

It is my honor and privilege to assign you this prized badge:
[+]
By Lili 2019-04-22 16:41:15  
Known issue:

- If multiple of the same ring are found, Smeagol will only consider one of them when checking for recast, and ignore all other copies. This pretty much only applies to Resolution ring, since it's the only one that is not Rare/EX. It's a very minor bug that does not affect functionality too much, so I'm going to leave this for when I have some more time to fix it properly, and leave it as a known issue for now. Thanks to Oheyo from the Windower discord for finding this bug.
By Meeble 2019-04-24 23:03:47  
When changing jobs, normal-mode Smeagol will quite happily overwrite a fresh XP buff with CP, or vice versa. I'm not sure if that's intended behavior, but it bothered me enough to modify check_exp_buffs() so he won't. Setting override will force the correct buff.

Thanks for making the addon!

Code:
By Lili 2019-04-25 07:56:25  
Meeble said: »
When changing jobs, normal-mode Smeagol will quite happily overwrite a fresh XP buff with CP, or vice versa. I'm not sure if that's intended behavior, but it bothered me enough to modify check_exp_buffs() so he won't. Setting override will force the correct buff.

Thanks for making the addon!

Nice catch. It's not an intended behavior, it's just an oversight on my part, that part of the code is really old.

Fun fact: I rewrote it before reading the code you posted... and ended up writing basically the same thing, hah.

Smeagol updated to version 0.5.0

- FIXED: a bug where Smeagol would overwrite a CP buff with an XP buff when switching from a lv99 job to a non-lvl99 job. Thanks to Meeble for the bug report.
- CHANGED: reduced Resources usage in the hopes of reducing memory usage.
- UNCHANGED/KNOWN ISSUE: Smeagol is still blind to multiple copies of the same ring, because I'm lazy.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-25 09:51:43  
- UNCHANGED/KNOWN ISSUE: Smeagol is still blind to multiple copies of the same ring, because I'm lazy.

I like your documentation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-25 13:18:20  
- CHANGED: reduced Resources usage in the hopes of reducing memory usage.
The life of many a addon developer.
By Lili 2019-04-27 21:29:14  
Known issue: the damn Resolution ring is lv30 minumum. I hate that thing already.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-28 05:00:40  
Known issue: the damn Resolution ring is lv30 minumum. I hate that thing already.
What's the issue?