Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 4 ... 97 98 99
By kunami 2019-02-28 09:52:09  
For the amount of time you have spent going back and forth with me and others on this, it seems like it would be relatively simple to slap on all the gear and go shoot some trash mobs a few times to see if you got a ~25% proc rate.

Do you not have the gear yet?

If not, I will run a simple experiment for you tonight, but my suspicion is that since the double shot proc chance is generated via a "snapshot augment" this will not affect it.
By Cronnus 2019-02-28 11:31:12  
olson2189 said: »
Cronnus said: »
So the Double Shot rate+ from Oshosi gear is useless without the Double Shot ability up, but does it work in conjunction with the 5% base Double Shot you get from the Arcadian Jerkin?

Anyone have any idea on this?

Are you asking if the 5% base stacks with the Osh gear when double shot ability is up? I'd say it does. I only use Arc Jerkin when double shot is up. Not worth it imo for a 5% chance at double shotting over STP options. I'm not sure if I answered your question though :/

Not quite. I'm asking if Oshosi stacks with the base 5% from the Jerkin when Double Shot is not up. The ability isn't up, but you do have some level of base Double Shot with the body, so does the Double Shot+ from Oshosi kick in?

If that were true, with Oshosi+1 in the rest of the slots, you'd be at 27% DS without the ability up, plus the chance of turning DS into TS. Whether or not that's better than a full STP set, idk.

Ahh, I've always used Osh body +1 in my midshot. So never tested with all the other pieces with Arc body unless the ability was up. never tested with it off. Something tells me Osh only works for when the ability is up and doesn't stack with the Arc body when the ability is down. I'm sure someone would have tested that before already.
By olson2189 2019-02-28 12:25:14  
kunami said: »
For the amount of time you have spent going back and forth with me and others on this, it seems like it would be relatively simple to slap on all the gear and go shoot some trash mobs a few times to see if you got a ~25% proc rate.

Do you not have the gear yet?

If not, I will run a simple experiment for you tonight, but my suspicion is that since the double shot proc chance is generated via a "snapshot augment" this will not affect it.

Typing up a few short pieces of text while on the toilet has taken very little time. Unfortunately I can't test it myself; I'm still working on gearing out RNG and don't have the Oshosi set yet.
By kunami 2019-02-28 12:49:08  
Do you not have snapshot merits? The Arcadian jerkin snapshot augment gives a base 1% chance to shoot twice per snapshot merit.
By Taint 2019-02-28 12:50:10  
Carbuncle.Makonnen said: »
Cronnus said: »
So the Double Shot rate+ from Oshosi gear is useless without the Double Shot ability up, but does it work in conjunction with the 5% base Double Shot you get from the Arcadian Jerkin?

Anyone have any idea on this?

Are you asking if the 5% base stacks with the Osh gear when double shot ability is up? I'd say it does. I only use Arc Jerkin when double shot is up. Not worth it imo for a 5% chance at double shotting over STP options. I'm not sure if I answered your question though :/

Not quite. I'm asking if Oshosi stacks with the base 5% from the Jerkin when Double Shot is not up. The ability isn't up, but you do have some level of base Double Shot with the body, so does the Double Shot+ from Oshosi kick in?

If that were true, with Oshosi+1 in the rest of the slots, you'd be at 27% DS without the ability up, plus the chance of turning DS into TS. Whether or not that's better than a full STP set, idk.

There is no Base Double Shot on Jerkin - Jerkin +3, there is a increase of 5-11% Double Shot DMG(not base DS) and on +3 dbl shot occ becomes triple shot , which the proc rate is nearly 50% of that. I knew this was not the case going in but I did it anyways, tried 120 shots locked in w/jerkin 4/5 +1 osh. and you guessed it * 0 * Double shots, since double shot does not proc w/out JA active. You get 1:30 of 3 mins to fire off all your double/triple shots, that's all.

That goes against previous testing. Need further testing or update wiki.

Notes
Double Shot damage boost affects the second shot of a Double Shot proc and adds 11% additional damage.
Augmented with Adds "Enhances 'Snapshot' effect"
Adds 1% Double Shot rate per Snapshot merit level. The Double Shot job ability does not need to be active for the effect to proc.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Arc._Jerkin_%2B3
By olson2189 2019-02-28 12:50:54  
There is no Base Double Shot on Jerkin - Jerkin +3, there is a increase of 5-11% Double Shot DMG(not base DS) and on +3 dbl shot occ becomes triple shot , which the proc rate is nearly 50% of that. I knew this was not the case going in but I did it anyways, tried 120 shots locked in w/jerkin 4/5 +1 osh. and you guessed it * 0 * Double shots, since double shot does not proc w/out JA active. You get 1:30 of 3 mins to fire off all your double/triple shots, that's all.

So either you don't have Snapshot merits, your sample size was too small, or the BG Wiki page for the jerkin is incorrect. Quote from the BG Wiki page: "Adds 1% Double Shot rate per Snapshot merit level. The Double Shot job ability does not need to be active for the effect to proc."
 Asura.Nilloc
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Numbahz
By Asura.Nilloc 2019-02-28 12:56:55  

So either you don't have Snapshot merits, your sample size was too small, or the BG Wiki page for the jerkin is incorrect. Quote from the BG Wiki page: "Adds 1% Double Shot rate per Snapshot merit level. The Double Shot job ability does not need to be active for the effect to proc."

Exactly Correct, sorry to mention 5/5 merit in that category. I can shoot all day going on over 200 samples and can't see getting past this 5%. At this rate I could never see it being viable option, review store TP sets as they will warrant best return.
By olson2189 2019-02-28 13:30:25  
Asura.Nilloc said: »
Exactly Correct, sorry to mention 5/5 merit in that category. I can shoot all day going on over 200 samples. At this rate I could never see it being viable option, review store TP sets as they will warrant best return.

What is exactly correct? That the BG Wiki page is wrong?
By eliroo 2019-02-28 13:40:08  
Would a well augmented Holliday outperform an AG Annihilator for Trueflight assuming we are using the BiS sets listed here?
By kunami 2019-02-28 14:00:57  
I am not even going to open the spreadsheet, but an Annihilator has essentially nothing going for it with regards to Trueflight. (edit, i looked and it has a little +mdmg, but this is still next to nothing compared to the below stats)

Meanwhile a "good" Holliday can have 25+ AGI, 15+ MAB and 2% WSD. Based on this, Holliday is far superior.
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-02-28 14:01:09  
eliroo said: »
Would a well augmented Holliday outperform an AG Annihilator for Trueflight assuming we are using the BiS sets listed here?

Yep
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-28 14:01:57  
I am not even going to open the spreadsheet, but an Annihilator has essentially nothing going for it with regards to Trueflight.

Meanwhile a "good" Holliday can have 25+ AGI, 15+ MAB and 2% WSD. Based on this, Holliday is far superior.
I am not even going to open the spreadsheet, but an Annihilator has essentially nothing going for it with regards to Trueflight.

Barring a mythic, aeonic is the way to go for true flight.
The TP Bonus and macc is really nice.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-02-28 14:04:04  
Cool, thanks for the quick replies!
 Leviathan.Funsize
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Funsize 2019-02-28 14:24:25  
Does Nisroch beat out af+2 body? Where can I find this rng spreadsheet? I've never tried one, but I'd like to learn!
By kunami 2019-02-28 14:31:28  
The spreadsheet I was talking about is the one Chiaia made for Magical WS. There is an old RNG spreadsheet in the second pin post but it is not updated.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-02-28 15:15:56  
ItemSet 365362
I didn't thoroughly comb this data, but it's 392 samples if I didn't miss any double shots which put it at a good ol' 1.7% double shot rate. Deleted the lines that say "Zanosan's ranged attack scores a critical hit!" for easier timestamp checking.

Noteworthy timestamps:
[12:37:31]
[12:38:23]
?[12:45:32]? (might be rapid shot .. ?)
[12:48:42]
[12:49:27]
[12:50:41]
[12:52:19]

Log data:

EDIT: 5/5 Snapshot zzz
[+]
By olson2189 2019-02-28 16:32:02  
Thanks for sharing the results. Interesting that it's so low, not even half of the alleged 5%. Good n size too.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-01 00:35:22  
Thanks for sharing the results. Interesting that it's so low, not even half of the alleged 5%. Good n size too.

Could easily be more than a few double shots I missed in reading the log or weren't evident from the log so don't take it too literally. I mostly wanted to see whether the body would double shot at all and whether oshosi affected the rate. This test verified those two points. If it varies with merit level at all it would be extremely odd for it to be anything under 5%.
By olson2189 2019-03-01 10:20:20  
What I draw from that is no, it seems Oshosi only works with the actual JA active.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-04 10:34:18  
What's the reasoning for Scouts Gorget +2 in your midshot? Does the +~1-2 accuracy outweight the +1 STP from Iskur or is the difference just a wash?
By kunami 2019-03-04 12:10:04  
If the 1 STP doesnt make or break your X-hit build, the PDL is better.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-03-04 17:25:11  
May want to mention under the RNG Melee sets that the DW cape is if your sub Dancer, and that a Double attack cape would be for sub Ninja as Adhemar body and Suppa cap your DW. (Double attack cape could double as a Evis cape if you were to only make one).
[+]
By kunami 2019-03-04 19:49:45  
Added some corrections, the ambu weapons, and that thing about the capes the guy above me suggested.
By ocean 2019-03-04 23:59:25  
Great info, tyvm
 Asura.Wibley
user: wibley
By Asura.Wibley 2019-03-07 04:34:36  
I was mid building my coronach set, and saw on the guide that the MH weapon was Vampirism... was curious as to why that's there instead of Perun +1? Not sure if its a mistake or if I'm missing something.
By kunami 2019-03-07 07:34:35  
I took that set from a post in the RNG WS set thread. My guess is that the 15 STR does more for your fSTR2 than the 8 AGI for the 40% AGI mod on Coronach. As usual, I don't have any numbers or data to back that up but that is my theory on why Snapster put that there.
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2019-03-07 19:16:12  
Thoughts on putting some linked type of .lua in the main post? When I started up COR on my alt, I found it helpful to grab something to work with out of the COR guide. Perhaps the same thing can be true for some future RNGs.

I've said it before, but nice job.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-03-07 19:18:38  
Vamp has 25STR if you include the augs
First Page 2 3 4 ... 97 98 99