Lu Shangs + 1 Or Ebisu

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Lu shangs + 1 or ebisu
Lu shangs + 1 or ebisu
By soulblade 2019-02-18 22:55:23  
What rod is better Lu shangs + 1 or Ebisu, should i waste time with lu shangs or should i get it on the way to getting Ebisu im only 52 fishing atm
 Phoenix.Felonius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2019-03-08 09:39:21  
I would recommend doing both. Lu'Shangs is pretty cheap to just buy these days and you can then do the ROE quests that go with it.

In the end, if you want a rod that can't break you want Ebisu, but it's really tough and/or expensive to get.

I actually didn't realize there were ROE that required LuShang's until the other day, so I need to go buy one and do those. I sold mine because I acquired Ebisu years ago. I am just picking back up with trying to cap fishing.

Would love to hear other people's opinions.
 Odin.Botosi
サーバ: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-03-08 09:42:09  
Can you even make money off fishing anymore? Serious question.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 12:48:34  
no, the only reason to have fishing leveled + ebisu is to catch your own mola mola and even then its a questionable time investment as there are better sources of income than cooking.

and no, lu shangs +1 is not worth it, ebisu/+1 is the only rod you need as the only fish somewhat worth targeting are legendary big fish that potentialy can break lu shangs/+1.

buy a regular lu shangs, do the fishing RoE till you get the gloves that reduce break rate while skilling up fishing and start ebisu quest when your progress permits it. finishing the rest of the fishing RoE is only worth it if you want lu shangs +1 for the sake of having it. keep in mind once you upgrade lu shangs to +1 you can't sell it anymore.
 Phoenix.Bloodred
By Phoenix.Bloodred 2019-03-08 13:51:48  
Or you can do both sometimes i like to glow blue sometimes i like to glow red, don't put limitations on what you want to do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-08 14:23:13  
Phoenix.Bloodred said: »
Or you can do both sometimes i like to glow blue sometimes i like to glow red, don't put limitations on what you want to do.

^^ Someone gets it.

If you're going to bother to make a glowy fishing rod, might as well make a Lu+1 for when you're feeling blue. It's just some mindless RoE, and if you're still working on NQ Ebisu by catching your own fish (or leveling fishing like the OP) you can knock out a lot of - if not all of - the ROE for Lu+1 at the same time.

Yeah, Ebisu +1 is the "best" rod, but all fishing is nearly worthless for practical purposes, so either glowing rod is nothing but a shiny prestige trophy. I say if you're gonna bother to fish, might as well go all the way! To me, it's kind of relaxing... now I actually want to do some FFXI fishing just thinking about it.

As for not being able to resell Lu Shang's after HQing it... if you're worried about not recouping the costs of a 500k-1mil fishing rod, you probably shouldn't be wasting your time fishing in the first place.
[+]
By grumpette 2019-03-08 14:28:41  
Fishing is marginally profitable. The high demand fish include the fish associated with Sublime Sushi, Marine Stewpot and Aeonic helm pops. As such, having high level cooking + fishing is a good way to make fast selling items with little overhead. I have lushang mules to help me catch low level fish like Cheval Salmon and Gugru Tuna so that my main can focus on Mola Mola and Black Sole. My main has an Ebisu +1.

I don't fish and cook as much as I did 8 years ago. The are many ways to make large amounts of gil in game. However, Sublime Sushi and Marine Stewpot prices are rather high. Since my COR, DD and mage jobs rely on these pricey foods for endgame events, I like to make my own foods. Use the HQs and sell the NQs. My LS pesters me to cook whenever NQ Sublime stacks top 150k a stack and Marine Stewpots rise to 200k a pop. Unlike other crafts, Cook/Fisher is all profit.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 15:12:55  
only on paper, every server has multiple maxed cooking/fishing mules so undercutting is always present. the price spikes you observe only happen when one cook successfully temporarily banished all the competition, which is usually achieved with the a fish bot.

it maybe needs 1-3 cooks/server (depending on how many mules that cook has) to pretty much completely saturate the servers need for food.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-08 16:56:34  
Plus, opportunity costs... Yeah, you might be able to make a little bit of gil with fishing/cooking, but it's highly likely you could spend the same amount time to do something else that would be more profitable.

You fish because you feel like fishing, it's not a very efficient way to make money. With that being the case, if you want to fish, I vote in favor of getting your shine on - in red OR blue, depending on mood ;)
By grumpette 2019-03-09 03:33:11  
The spikes on my server is related to how busy other veteran endgamers are.

The main reason I don't like fishing/cooking for profit is because it is time consuming and takes-up inventory space I do not have. There are more efficient venues to make gil that don't require large amounts of inventory space and time. I mostly fish/cook because I'm addicted to the HQ food.