We Are Adding Some New Major Content In 3 Years...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » We are adding some new major content in 3 years...
We are adding some new major content in 3 years...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By kishr 2019-03-18 04:11:05  
At least we don't need anymore doomsday threads about the servers shutting down for the next 3 years
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-18 04:32:41  
kishr said: »
At least we don't need anymore doomsday threads about the servers shutting down for the next 3 years

But we will get "They're probably going to open a classic server!" for the next 3 years...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-18 04:59:21  
Not sure what they're gonna do.
Would be cool if they could finally revamp some technical issues, like:

1) get rid of POL
2) improve their network communication protocol between client and server (packet size?)
3) Official support to more recent DirectX (so we don't have to rely on DGVoodoo and the likes)

Stuff like this would make the game much more enjoyable but I'm skeptic they have the manpower, knowledge and skill to pull something that big off.

Maybe they're working on a new mini expansion? I dunno, but 20th anniversary is (in japan) on may 2022. That's a loooooooong wait.
If they don't plan to release anything else in the meantime, I'm not sure the game will survive to see the dawn of 2022 lol
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-03-18 06:26:27  
Asura.Sechs said: »
3) Official support for Vulcan (so we don't have to rely on DGVoodoo and the likes)
Fixed that for you :D
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-18 06:28:03  
I’ll pass if that means they are going to slow down on ***to do.
By volkom 2019-03-18 07:12:36  
ffxi graphics overhaul to xiv for mmo crossover
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-18 07:26:37  
Quote:
At the end of the show we mentioned that starting next fiscal year, we're going to focus our development and operations on a long-term goal of the twentieth anniversary. As such, there may be some time where the version updates may feel a bit lighter, but we're hoping to be able to deliver something that can surprise everyone later on.
That is vague enough to mean anything. "Starting next fiscal year" implies that they're going to finish out whatever plans they had for this year already. "There may be some time" says that version updates may - or may not! - feel lighter, giving them an excuse if they do (as if they don't already), and they can pat themselves on the back if they don't.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-03-18 07:48:04  
Asura.Finbar said: »
That is vague enough to mean anything. "Starting next fiscal year" implies that they're going to finish out whatever plans they had for this year already. "There may be some time" says that version updates may - or may not! - feel lighter, giving them an excuse if they do (as if they don't already), and they can pat themselves on the back if they don't.

The Japanese fiscal year starts on April 1st, so it seems quite unlikely they have many plans left to implement before that rolls over.

With how light some of these updates have been anyway, I'm not sure what's left for them to not do. Maybe it just means that they don't have anything like the Ambuscade weapons lined up in the relatively short term.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-18 07:52:37  
I'm pretty confident they have something in store and that they have been working on that for quite some time.

The Dynamis thing was ready from the day 1 imo, they just released it in chunks to water down content and gain time as they were clearly starting to work on something else.

I think the Ambu weapon fills the same role, making people busy on something with stuff that doesn't require a lot of work on their end, while they prepare something else behind the curtains.

This "something else" is clearly Empy upgrade to +2 and +3.
What that will be related to I dunno, but I'm sure it will take Dynamis Divergence's place as "current end game" stuff, as the interest for Divergence starts to get reduced.
[+]
By Numquam 2019-03-18 08:02:28  
I hope they bring back abyssea for 140 lv content. Abyssea was their golden age!
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-03-18 08:11:59  
If they make us wait 3 years for Emp armor 2/3 I'm going to be disappointed. And Escha/Reisenjima is iLv Abyssea, they have stated before.
By kishr 2019-03-18 08:22:08  
I missed the walk of echoes when I didn't play for a few years.

Always kind of thought they'd remake that for emp +2+3, but emp didn't come from there.

Wouldn't mind them remaking echoes so I would feel like trying it.
By fonewear 2019-03-18 08:29:03  
I got it ! Monk will be great in 2022. That is the big announcement.

Incoming super deluxe black belt. With so much haste and STR you can barely believe it. And Kick Attacks that are impossible to gauge.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-03-18 08:37:37  
Staggered roll-outs have been common for a long, long time in this game. Its easy to forget that although an event like WoE was launched initially at the same time as Abyssea, it still took 18 months for the final battlefields to get added.

So assuming that something like Empyrian reforges is introduced in 2019-2020, its likely to be a 2020-2021 before its completed, which leaves only a small gap until the 20th anniversary in May 2022.

What I'm getting as is that although 3 years is a long-time, its basically only really 2 major event cycles off from a planning perspective, and if we assume completely implementing what we've already been told about (remaining job updates, Empy reforges) is going to take most of that time already....
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-03-18 08:42:48  
fonewear said: »

Incoming super deluxe black belt. With so much haste and STR you can barely believe it. And Kick Attacks that are impossible to gauge.

You do know that monk is already extremely good, right? Lol. It can keep up with all DD jobs now.

Asura.Sechs said: »
If they don't plan to release anything else in the meantime, I'm not sure the game will survive to see the dawn of 2022 lol

I agree. For me the one way they can keep me to stay that long is more inventory space. Not the bull ***storage slips. I'm not trying to take an hour to change my job. More inventory space to keep leveling new jobs or change to storage slips to job specific slips and all shits for that job go into one slip. But this will never happen.
By nashred 2019-03-18 09:13:23  
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

Well, I expect them to at least keep the servers up until 2070. Otherwise, I want my coins back.

Honestly when I was reading it I was thinking a special event for the last year of FFXI and the end. I actually think this maybe close to what it is.

20 years is a long time and what a perfect time to end it.

Maybe have another MMO game ready something closer to FFXI than FFXIV in 3 years to possibly replace it. Or a remake or a major overhaul completely.

I mean if FFXIV would have been a failure they would be thinking of exiting the mmo business all together but it was not a failure. So why not another MMO for another segment of the market closer to FFXI and it players.

If they announce a new mmo over the next couple of years this could be true.

I recently went back to FFXIV again. It amazes me that game keeps going. It is mostly chugging along on new players. I joined FFXIV in beta and went with the ZAM FC that had two Shells because we had so many people. My friends list was full and almost no one I started with plays. Turn over is high in the game and it keeps going on new players. Right now it is all the WOW players coming over. I am not sure the longevity this game has. It has allot of content but it is so easy that a patch comes out and the game is busy for a few days and then the population dies out so much. Great game for those who want to dabble in a mmo and play other games but not good for hardcore MMO players. FFXIV still seems to be doing pretty good but maybe they are thinking 3 years out maybe it is time to have something available just in case. What would that make it? 10 years old?

After playing both games for so long I am seeing more similarities between the two so why not.

The MMO business has been pretty profitable for SE I do not think they want to loose it.

I was surprised they actually had plans out that far for FFXI but it makes sense to try and make it 20 years. That is good news for those that play.
By fonewear 2019-03-18 09:16:48  
As long as this game makes money there will be no incentive to shut it down. It is basically in maintenance mode. And people still play.

And no changing the ambu mobs once a month is not new content.
[+]
By nashred 2019-03-18 09:28:05  
As long as this game makes money there will be no incentive to shut it down. It is basically in maintenance mode. And people still play.

And no changing the ambu mobs once a month is not new content.

For now but we are talking 3 years.
FFXI seems to have a resurgence going on especially the classic servers right now and it looks good for FFXI. If they are thinking a new game maybe they think more will leave, I do not know it is speculation by everyone, we can not read their minds and you may be 100 percent right.

I mean SE has to have plan just in case right?
SE Does not want to give up the whole market by missing out on a product cycle.

Personally for me even though I have not been away very long if they did a end of servers event I certainly would be there for it, just to say good bye. Even being away for 3 years till then.
By erupt 2019-03-18 09:32:22  
There's good examples of other games older than ffxi chugging along fine as long as there's enough players to make it even a little profitable. In reality we have the bare minimum of content updates.

Ambuscade is a great illusion of consistent game updates when in reality it's just a cycle of repeated events. I haven't logged into my ultima online accounts since last Sept but I still have 3 active. Most of the playerbase is grown and have disposable income to not care about keeping accounts active even if they don't plan to play much that month.

Multiboxers keep the game alive and it's the reason older games can keep going with such small populations. They no longer really shoot for new players and even in a recent interview everquesr developers admitted trying to get brand new players is unrealistic, there's such a giant pool of past players it's better to try to recruit them to just come back.

At this point the game is probably quite stable subscription wise, with influxes during free campaigns, new accounts by players making alts to box. I could not see any plans of shutting down in the near future personally, it's just not a trend in the market of mmorpgs that have matured to this point.

Just ask some of the ultima online players with up to 40 accounts.
[+]
By nashred 2019-03-18 10:02:55  
By the way this comment makes me believe changes are coming to playonline or it is going away altogether:

Quote:
Finally the development team is planning to renew the client installer and configurations, as well as make adjustments so that the installation is much easier to understand. This would allow for both new and returning players easier access to Final Fantasy XI.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-18 10:09:00  
Tetra Master Legacy Server 2021!!
[+]
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2019-03-18 10:41:57  
Sounds more like merging all the content to one single install instead of every expansion running once. Maybe even update the patcher. Can't see them being able to just shrug off playonline at this point. Configuration is probably just updating the config util make it pretty, add a couple of new options we already set from windower.

nashred said: »
By the way this comment makes me believe changes are coming to playonline or it is going away altogether:

Quote:
Finally the development team is planning to renew the client installer and configurations, as well as make adjustments so that the installation is much easier to understand. This would allow for both new and returning players easier access to Final Fantasy XI.
By Kreed89 2019-03-18 11:16:25  
It would be a good idea to nix POL if at all possible before releasing the mobile version of the game. I imagine that the release of the mobile version will draw a lot of attention onto the original FFXI and they don't want the current install process to drive away the majority of first timers like it has for years.
By nashred 2019-03-18 11:23:15  
Asura.Erupt said: »
Sounds more like merging all the content to one single install instead of every expansion running once. Maybe even update the patcher. Can't see them being able to just shrug off playonline at this point. Configuration is probably just updating the config util make it pretty, add a couple of new options we already set from windower.

Quote:

Probably right.

Kreed89 said: »
It would be a good idea to nix POL if at all possible before releasing the mobile version of the game. I imagine that the release of the mobile version will draw a lot of attention onto the original FFXI and they don't want the current install process to drive away the majority of first timers like it has for years.

Mobile seems to have disappeared again with no word that I have seen. I wonder if it is still a thing.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-18 11:31:57  
Honestly when I was reading it I was thinking a special event for the last year of FFXI and the end. I actually think this maybe close to what it is.

20 years is a long time and what a perfect time to end it.
You don't think Rhapsodies of Vana'diel - the expansion that tied together (sloppily) all the other expansions - wasn't a good time to end it? As they implied it would and later regretted shooting themselves in the foot?
By Nyarlko 2019-03-18 11:39:27  

Quote:

I am pretty sure that all that they showed during the FP stream was the config utility. Talked about it quite a bit though at the end of the stream, so there are likely a lot of details that have already been explained (in Japanese.) They are planning to update it somehow, but I fail at kanji, so no details on what is changing in it. Think they are also going to do an update rollup into the installer so that all of the newer updates don't have to get downloaded.

There is very little chance that POL even can be removed, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that front.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By hobo 2019-03-18 11:52:16  

Mobile seems to have disappeared again with no word that I have seen. I wonder if it is still a thing.

Mobile is being made by Nexon, they release a random image or 2 in meetings to shareholders, at this point it might as well be a completely different game with shared assets.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-03-18 11:59:28  
All I ever wanted was to allow players to experience first-hand the battle of Tavnazia. I was convinced this is what Dynamis-Tav would be but it ended up being so disappointing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-18 12:58:24  

The new Black Belt is actually coming SOON, and also includes so much MND that a single Chi Blast can kill every monster on the server, leading to everlasting peace and nothing left to fight.

It's releasing alongside the MNK update from this year's monthly job adjustments, where they are also changing Boost to give it a delay before next attack that lasts until the 20th Anniversary. So get the belt and use Boost + Chi Blast NOW, then wait patiently until the celebration and the end of life on Vana'diel as we know it!
[+]