Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Mission rings
Mission rings
First Page 2
By sefalon 2019-03-27 12:56:53  
I am almost finished with missions and I am close to getting a ring. As a returning player these rings look very good and better than what I have. My question is there a ring that stands out above the others? My favorite job is blue but I play most of the other jobs as well. Any advice on what ring is best for a person who plays multiple jobs? Or a ring that has stats you can’t get anywhere else?
 Asura.Cladbolg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-03-27 13:11:33  
They’re all eventually replaced. Raja’s Ring is probably the most useful of them.
By sefalon 2019-03-27 13:14:26  
I am talking about the adoulin rings not cop
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-27 13:16:49  
He posted this under the Adoulin section, so he probably means the Adoulin Rings. Karieyh ring is great for DD jobs that have a strong 1 hit WS. Also good for idle. Weatherspoon ring is a great FC/TF/Light Magic Ring (the one I chose). The others have reasonable uses, but those two stand out to me above others. Obviously, depending on your job, you can make a case for any of them, and you can drop them and pay the exorbitant price of 300k bayld to switch it out, so you can change your mind later on.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-27 13:22:47  
Karieyh Ring – There are only two WSD rings in the game, this is one of them
Thurandaut Ring – If you play BST or PUP, this is the best ring
Weatherspoon Ring – Most mage jobs will find some benefit from this ring
Vocane Ring – the -DT might seem nice, but it's easy to get without this
Orvail Ring – I know a lot of crafters that chose this ring
Shneddick Ring – The movement speed can be obtained in other places, but this is a nice ring for kiting
Janniston Ring – If you only play WHM and nothing else... or really need the -enmity, or need cure pot II on RDM?
Haverton Ring – A somewhat underrated choice. Snapshot, highest RACC in the ring slot, and DW for some gear flex

the rest are fairly underwhelming compared to the above

The consensus seems to be that Karieyh, Thurandaut, Weatherspoon, and Vocane are the top choices

I chose Karieyh and it finds itself into at least 2 WS sets on each job I use.

You can always change your mind for something like 300k bayld. (or 600k? I don't actually remember)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-27 14:38:28  
Epamanonda's ring devalued Karieyh(+1) in some sets, where the slot competes with Niqmaddu Ring. So you can get by without this ring. Thurandaut is perfect for pet jobs PUP and BST, but yeah...lol. Vocane is easily topped/supplemented by Defending/Gelatinous/Patricius/Dark Rings. Weatherspoon is a unique, niche ring that gives a nice boost to FC/QC, especially since light DD jobs suffer in this department as is. The Light affinity is also cool for some things. I personally wouldn't waste my time on Gorney, but a person without DM gear might want the extra bonus to TH. Haverton is nice, it's the only Snapshot ring in the game that I'm aware of, but COR/RNG easily cap SS without this ring.

You're splitting hairs for potential use from all of these rings imo. You have to choose what's best for your current jobs/situation/what you do in-game, as Reich said. It's a toss up whichever way you go.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-03-27 15:56:16  
I personally get the Schnedick Ring on all of my characters. Given that endgame FFXI is really just a twisted game of inventory management, it was a relief to know that all of my jobs have movement speed at 99 in the same slot. All of my idle sets are Defending/Schnedick and I'm set.

Choose what flavor your prefer, they were made that way.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-03-27 17:59:46  
Had 3 of the movement+ rings and traded them out. Kinda thinking about trading it back eventually, depending how the sets turn out. +18% really can't be got on some jobs otherwise or it dips you below i119 when you don't want to be. I'm straight out of bayld so it's moot for awhile anyway :D
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-27 19:04:23  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Thurandaut Ring – If you play BST or PUP, this is the best ring

I'm a pretty hardcore PUP, and I tossed Thurandaut a while ago. It's just not necessary.

- From a pet DD perspective, Pet:Acc/Atk are easily handled with attachments, and you'll get WAY more out of Pet: Store TP on Varar/+1 rings (which also give some pet Acc).
- Pet: Haste is unnecessary on most puppet melee setups since you can cap fairly easily with other gear (10% JSE cape, belt, Heyoka set, etc.)
- DT-4% may look appealing for pet tanking, but has practically no impact thanks to all of the DT- you're using in other slots - the puppet is already damn near indestructible without it. And for tanking, the Acc is actually often a negative since your automaton will do lousy damage in tank gear/attachments, and the Acc just makes it more likely to screw up other people's valuable SCs.

Quote:
Weatherspoon Ring – Most mage jobs will find some benefit from this ring

And a notable niche, it's a phenomenal RNG damage ring for light affinity on Trueflight. Hardcore RNGs, people with mage jobs, or someone who plays both might really like this one.

Quote:
Haverton Ring – A somewhat underrated choice. Snapshot, highest RACC in the ring slot, and DW for some gear flex

It's pretty cool for COR, which can make good use of all those stats. That being said, Karieyh +1 is better for COR Savage Blade. I used this for RNG COR for a while and really like the ring (and got some utility out of it from underbuffed DW builds on several jobs), but finally gave it up for WSD ring.

Quote:
You can always change your mind for something like 300k bayld. (or 600k? I don't actually remember)

300k bayld. Also, if you're trading in a +1 ring, when you trade it in you receive an NQ of the ring you're changing to. Then you have to pay another 100 H-P Bayld to upgrade to +1. No need to redo fights or have any wait.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-27 23:38:20  
Orvail ring gives you stats you can't get anywhere else for that slot. If you ever get serious about crafting you'll want it. In my opinion it's the best choice because it pays for itself with HQs.

Aside from that, Weatherspoon ring will serve the most utility for the most jobs. On top of the wicked MACC, it's a great piece for /nin Utsusemi and certain other spells. This is what I got before Orvail and it served me well.

Vocane ring is a good choice if any of your DT sets aren't capped or are low accuracy. (DT sets are one of the things that separate good players from meh players.) However these days it's easy to cap PDT/MDT. I don't use this because I use D. Ring and 5PDT/MDT/BDT Dark Ring.

Karieyh ring is the "sexiest" ring on first inspection but it's not really that useful when you think about it. The +3% WSD is super slim and is eventually replaced later. The regain is... fine, but don't get it just for that.

Shneddick Ring is good for convenience and is a popular choice if you have good DT sets and a lot of jobs.

So yeah, in terms of overall use, Orvail > Weatherspoon > Shneddick > Vocane >>> rest.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-28 09:03:37  
I had orvail for the longest and leveled all my Synths with it. The other stats don't really come into play until you make the shield imo.

I dropped it and got the Weatherspoon ring around the time I finished my Gastraphetes. Only time I'd switch back is if I finished my bonecraft shield or Trueflight gets nerfed to the ground.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-28 10:31:09  
I agree with dabackpack's list, but have more qualifiers.

Orvail is worthless unless you have a finished S4 shield.

Weatherspoon is worthless unless using trueflight or cloudsplitter regularly, the FC is nothing significant.

So:

Orvail(S4 shield) > Weatherspoon(rng) > shneddick(job without 18%, no movement hacks) > vocane.

Rest don't even need consideration, imo.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 10:43:17  
Why do you think 6% FC 3% QM is "nothing significant"? Granted it's not required on some jobs, on many others where it's harder to reach the FC cap it's useful, no? Or it can offer more flexibility in the other slots, or save gil if you don't have that rare unique-in-slot FC piece etc.

...granted the jobs that need FC the most are probably mages, and those are exactely the jobs who tipically can reach 80% np even without.
Vice-versa (most) melee jobs don't really need to cap FC (what for, utsusemi for /NIN? LOL).

I can see your point under this perspective, but Weatherspoon still looks like a solid option for an average player.
It also offers Magic Accuracy +13 which, granted it's not BiS since Stikini+1 exists, is a very close-to-BiS option for midcasting stuff that require macc.
(technically even better than HQ Stikini, for a couple of minor things).

You're one of the most knowledgeable players around here and I personally admire you and greatly respect your points of view, but I think you're being a bit shallow when it comes to estimating the value of Weatherspoon+1 for a large number of FFXI players.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-03-28 11:02:50  
Probably because on jobs where fast cast matters, you can easily cap without. On jobs where fast cast doesn't really matter, what difference will 6% make? Most jobs that don't need fast cast typically only use it for Utsusemi. You can get a Passion Jacket and a Magoraga bead necklace rather easily and get you 20% of the way there. Then pick any of your standard Reisenjima drops and augment those each with 6% fast cast to add another 30%.

That would be my guess what he's semi-referencing.
By Nariont 2019-03-28 11:12:34  
Aside from i think SAM, most jobs can hit at minimum 55~60ish FC from gear, most of these jobs will also inly be using this for utsu, trusts, or some occasional /mage thing, utsy casting i think with beads will put those jobs at round casting reduction

So calling the fc not significant is pretty fair
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 11:16:54  
Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Probably because on jobs where fast cast matters, you can easily cap without. On jobs where fast cast doesn't really matter
I speculated that much and I can see value in that point of view, to a certain degree.
Most melee jobs will need it just for Utsusemi, for which you can use Passion Jacket and Magoraga Beads like you said, and frankly utsusemi has so little relevance in the current game meta, let's be honest about it.

But what about Ninja? Runfencer? Paladin? I'm not competent on DRK, I know they have specific stuff for Dark magic casting reduction. BLU? (they can get a lot of FC from traits etc). PUP/mage? I know I was going /RDM or /WHM on PUP on those time where I had to tank with my automaton and stay in the backlines with the master.
Could make a point for it even for BRD when /submage or SCH (when /BLM or overcapping FC to compensate for casting when in the opposite Arts mode) or even GEO (/BLM for instance)

It's true you can augment Reisen gear with FC but that requires farming additional pieces, a plethora of Fern stones, praying to the gods of RNG and "consuming" a lot of inventory space.
I mean, I can understand this point but at the same time I find the easiness of having such a powerful FC tool in the ring slot as a valid point as well.
No RNG praying, no endless farming of gil/stones/equipment, all of this in a single inventory slot.
Not bad, is it?

Plus there's the QM part. I'm not a fan of QM, but it's a pretty unique stat.
Last but not least there's the Macc+13. It's second best after HQ Stikini (getting 2 of which can be pretty expensive), technically it's even better than HQ Stikini for a couple of minor things where only macc counts and Skill+ is irrelevant.

So I dunno, I wouldn't say Weatherspoon is the best ring to get, not at all, but it's an useful piece that can get a meaningful use on a wide range of different jobs, not "just" for Ranger spamming Trueflight.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 11:27:35  
Asura.Inuyushi said: »
You can get a Passion Jacket and a Magoraga bead necklace rather easily and get you 20% of the way there.

This is incorrect actually. The stat on these items is Utsusemi cast time -10%. This isn't the same as fast cast, because it doesn't apply to recast timers (which is equally as important as casting quickly). Most light DD jobs can use Taeon Tabard or Adhemar Jacket +1 augment. However, I don't think any light DDs can hit 80% FC (or even close) reasonably. The Ring is one of few that can hit FC that high (the others being 4% and 2%). It's a good ring in general, great if you're RNG. All of the rings are basically marginal improvements, are really small bonuses for whatever you use them for.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 13:07:06  
ANY Light DD not even close you say?

THF DNC MNK and NIN have it a little harder, but COR RUN RNG BLU are light armor classes too, and have no trouble getting quite a lot of fast cast.

ItemSet 365864
This + Ambuscade cape FC augment

(And in RUN's case they can use the Siegel sash, too since almost everything they use is enhancing magic)

You can use casting time reduction pieces, and remember that haste and marches also help offset recast times, not to mention Fast Cast only reduces recast time if it is used in midcast.

Even on THF MNK DNC NIN you can swap out head for Fast Cast augmented herculean, and Taeon or Herc for feet (though admittedly you lose 3 on that slot)

So even on the jobs with the least fast cast you can still get 66+ before sub job, gifts or weapon slots.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-28 13:07:45  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Karieyh ring is the "sexiest" ring on first inspection but it's not really that useful when you think about it. The +3% WSD is super slim and is eventually replaced later. The regain is... fine, but don't get it just for that.

Karieyh +1 is WSD+4%, which makes it a BiS piece for many good WS. Fudo, Savage Blade, Blade: Ten/Metsu, etc. Depending on if you play jobs that make good use of it, you're talking about a top piece for a bread and butter WS - pretty compelling choice.

There ARE alternatives, most notably Epaminondas's (WSD+5%) and Regal... but those two alternatives are a 50M piece and a rather obnoxious drop, respectively. While Kari+1/Epam might be tops, replacing one with Regal isn't a big drop off - but people who use jobs that make use of the rings will probably want some combination of two of those three. Big gap from moving to the next choice down. So yeah, Kari+1 gives some flexibility to make that max WS set and not require a very expensive Epam ring, or a Regal drop that shouldn't be assumed as easy to get.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 13:33:28  
Asura.Byrne said: »
ANY Light DD not even close you say?

THF DNC MNK and NIN have it a little harder, but COR RUN RNG BLU are light armor classes too, and have no trouble getting quite a lot of fast cast.

Light Armor FC

This + Ambuscade cape FC augment

BLU has access to mage gear, so we can set that job aside for now since it can be categorized as a mage.
RUN has access to FC native merit JA, so it never has an issue there.

You're then left with - COR/RNG/NIN/MNK/DNC/THF. NIN has near-instant cast spells with the right setup, so no issue there.

COR/RNG - RNG cannot use Kishar Ring. Not practical to include weapon slots since none of the main BIS weapons have any. Also, neitger would use that ammo for obvious reasons. 69%FC for RNG, 73%FC for COR is what I'm counting.

MNK/DNC/THF - Neither have access to that ring, nor carmine+1, but as you mentioned they can use Herculean and they can utilize the ammo slot (2%). In every other slot they can either get equal or less than the first two jobs I mentioned, but it's still less than what RNG can get.

Now 60% is probably "good enough" for a FC set for any of the light DDs, but the point is, the 5-6FC from the ring is very helpful in bringing it closer to cap. That's an area almost all of those jobs struggle with, so the FC is very useful.

I'm not over here making a huge case for it; again, the bonuses from every ring is very small. Pick whichever one you want, but that was my reasoning behind the comment.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 13:43:32  
It's already bad enough to have like... 50 pieces of herc without adding another 3~ for fast cast augments u_u

Fast cast pieces are too rare and too few in number. 10% belt all jobs and some 5% ears all jobs, a not *** neck too, please, thanks.
By Nariont 2019-03-28 13:56:04  
Only need to augment head really, maaaybe feet, rest have alternatives
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 14:07:13  
Didn't feel like doing Meebles for 1% more FC vs the one from Ramuh. And I imagine most people looking to get a quick set wouldn't bother with it either. Kishar Ring is the real oddity. They seemed to be going with the "Fast Cast for the jobs that have access to native magic", but then strangely included COR on there for some reason. Another case if "shoulda been all jobs".
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-28 14:14:45  
I did a lot of solos using blink tanking so the Quick Magic saved my *** quite a few times. I've changed strategies for most of those solos but I think it's still a solid choice if you're that kind of player.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 14:22:21  
Small note about RUN, Weatherspoon helps when you want to use a precast set that allows you to mantain the majority of your HP in the Idle > Precast > Midcast > Idle swap flow.
Same reason to use Etiolation instead of Loquacious despite the smaller FC amount, for instance.

Adhemar+1 Path D is quite clearly a beast for that purpose, but 25m for a precast gear is quite expensive, if you ask me. You'd have to be pretty much "done" with the majority of the rest of stuff you want for your jobs, to justify >25mils on such a piece, if you ask me.
But then again I have no intention to judge how everyone spends their money, of course.

@Bukki
While BLU has a lot of FC options, I wouldn't put it on the same boat as mages. Don't have access to Chironic/Merlinic, for instance, so no FC augments from those.
Still gets a pretty nice set of options to pick from don't get me wrong.
Also on mages you have (had?) the option of swapping the weapon for suuuuuuper easy FC casting. Something you could avoid to do according to your playstyle and how much you cared for Myrkr and other stuff.
Still, it's an option.

On Melee jobs that's pretty much *never* an option, for instance.
By Taint 2019-03-28 14:26:44  
Inspiration really helps RUN keep HP up during casting and makes weatherspoon pretty meh.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 14:44:32  
Uh...BLU has access to full Pinga+1 set, all of which has high FC. Most notably the body/legs (28% from 2 slots). But that wasn't my point, maybe I should've been more clear and specific.

My point was that it has some access to mage gear, but it doesn't have issue in the FC department. Specifically in the waist slot Witful, which no other DDs have access to (3%). BLU can also cheese 8% from a nonilvl piece in Enif legs, and it gets access to the mage/hybrid Ayanmo+2 legs (6% FC, decent HP/MP, and comes with 5 DT). Ayanmo is a "mage job" set to a certain degree. BLU also has access to Kishar Ring, a magic-caster's ring. BLU is the last DD to have FC trouble: it can use Ayanmo, Taeon, Rawhide, Adhemar +1, Herculean, Carmine +1, Colada/Tanmogayi(+1) for entry level BLUs, Pinga/+1 etc etc. They have tons of options.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 14:52:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Uh...BLU has access to full Pinga+1 set
Damn I forgot about that SU set, you're right. Granted the +1 is pretty expensive and it's a WHM/SCH/BLU set, not sure I'd call it a "mage set" with so few mage jobs on it lol, but I digress!

Taint said: »
Inspiration really helps RUN keep HP up during casting and makes weatherspoon pretty meh.
Granted I was a super fan of Inspiration and helped me a lot back when it was released, I have it now at 1/5 because I can't cap FC without it, because if I could it would be buh-bye to Inspiration if you ask me, just to have even more Battuta merits.

Inspiration is great but Dispel and Paralysis can make it unreliable in some specific situations. Plus it's -1 to Battuta as I already said!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 14:56:15  
Even if you use the nq pieces (nobody is buying that solely for FC), it's still higher than any other piece other light DDs have access to.

I do think 60% is "good enough" though. Most won't hit 70 easily.

edit: why is Battuta 4 vs 5?
First Page 2