フォーラム » FFXI » General » Could be the inevitable sparks nerf soon
Could be the inevitable sparks nerf soon
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-20 17:03:22  
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
17 years going and RMT are still here. What's even the point of trying to stop it anymore? Why bother? It's not like they get in the way of anyone like they used to.

Pretty much, and at this point in the games life theyre probably a bigger benefit to the economy than a hindrance unless SE wants to do a major revamp of how REMA is upgraded again.
By Jetackuu 2019-05-20 17:09:28  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
17 years going and RMT are still here. What's even the point of trying to stop it anymore? Why bother? It's not like they get in the way of anyone like they used to.

Pretty much, and at this point in the games life theyre probably a bigger benefit to the economy than a hindrance unless SE wants to do a major revamp of how REMA is upgraded again.

Extremely unlikely.
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-20 20:09:34  
Only thing that wouldnt really directly hurt normal players would be if SE actually started banning people instead of empty threats. Ban all the bots. But they'll never do that because they'd lose money in subs. So there's nothing to be done until they stop being greedy.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-05-21 03:39:57  
i'm not even convinced they'd lose a lot of money. cheaters and games have a fly/crap relationship, they always come back.

however if players actually see something happening maybe you can lure some people back in the game that previously had quit because of them.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-05-21 06:47:44  

When this is stated by someone named "Banhammer", it makes me sad.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-21 09:48:18  
Don't worry you can still teleport people and make gil.

I see people shouting for Teleport Mea all the time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-05-21 09:53:13  
Shichishito said: »
i'm not even convinced they'd lose a lot of money. cheaters and games have a fly/crap relationship, they always come back.

however if players actually see something happening maybe you can lure some people back in the game that previously had quit because of them.

I have to say that for the many reasons people have quit over the years, RMT has to probably be one of the smallest.

They're getting people back by content, free campaigns, quality of life improvements, etc. I didnt even think RMT was still worth doing. I mean people still buy gil when it's pretty accessible and prices for most things are super cheap. Ever since a handful of people got the crafting shields all the HQ abjuration gear went down and is approximately 10% of what it used to be. The only thing that really is a gil sink is a REMA weapon, but those aren't even crazy expensive anymore with ambu keeping currency at a reasonable cost while giving folks a way to make gil.

I think the game is in a pretty good place where gil is concerned. Sure, I'd like RMT gone, but I dont buy gil and the existing RMT don't hurt me from what I can tell. Maybe it's on bigger servers? I remember them way back in the day as being annoying and occupying camps, but not anymore. I'm more likely to be inconvenienced by people at ambu KI mobs than anything else, and that isn't even that terrible.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-21 10:00:03  
I run an endgame linkshell that sole purpose is to farm sparks we are pretty elite.

Send me a private message if you are interested in joining.

We are looking for a REMA bard to speed up the process.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-21 10:00:43  
The fix to RMT is SE allowing paypal or direct CC transactions to NPCs to advance past certain obstacles. Put them out of business by cutting off any need for gil RMT business.

50k Hallmarks? -- 9.99$
10,000 Tokens? -- 14.99$
50,000 Beads? -- 24.99$
Primal KI -- 2.99$
HALF PRICE CAMPAIGN COMING SOON.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-21 10:03:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The fix to RMT is SE allowing paypal or direct CC transactions to NPCs to advance past certain obstacles

50k Hallmarks? -- 9.99$
10,000 Tokens? -- 14.99$
50,000 Beads? -- 24.99$
Primal KI -- 2.99$

My favorite would be for $3.99 your REMA weapon can glow in any color !

Glow = elite

Non glow = worthless scrub
By fonewear 2019-05-21 10:05:49  
For $5.00 you can have a mount of a giant [MOD DELETED]
[+]
By sefalon 2019-05-21 11:25:48  
Having just got back to the game after a 5 year break I found that Gil is a lot easier to get than in the past with Omen and Ambuscade I easily make 10-15 mil a week with little effort. I find myself capped with sparks all the time and forget to even use the NPC. I think people buy Gil now because they don’t have patience and there are a lot more items with huge price tags. I just finished caldablog and spent 200 million 120 mil alone on plates. Plus 2 JSE necks are 100 million per job and several BIS pieces are 30 million plus on the AH. So while it’s easy to make Gil it still takes a long time to build up to the crazy prices to get some of these items. I wouldn’t buy Gil myself cause I’m married with kids but can’t say I haven’t thought about it cause I don’t have the patience to wait 3-4 months. I hope the dont nerf any ways to make Gil because it’s already easy to get and it won’t stop RMT it never has.
By Wordspoken 2019-05-21 12:00:21  
The fix to RMT is SE allowing paypal or direct CC transactions to NPCs to advance past certain obstacles. Put them out of business by cutting off any need for gil RMT business.

50k Hallmarks? -- 9.99$
10,000 Tokens? -- 14.99$
50,000 Beads? -- 24.99$
Primal KI -- 2.99$
You are aware that multiple MMOs have already tried this approach right? You are aware how that turned out, right?
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-05-21 12:28:52  
Square enix:Are you losers still using the free tako app? now try the official supported speed hack/ja0 program 'Burrito' only $49.99

Also, bring back bazaar taxes that apply in every zone and increase AH taxes again.

then we can really start hitting them where it hurts and make using home point warps based on a % of your current gil total. *bernie voice* we must make the 1% pay their fair share!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-05-21 13:04:13  
I have the solution for this problem, please pass this along to SE.

So when you make a new account, just add a question that says, "Are you RMT?"

If they say yes, take their money but don't give them an account!

Ha! Who is the smart one now, RMT?

Edit: A friend told me this wouldn't work, so do this.. but add "Are you sure you're not RMT?" if they say no.. GOT EM!
By fonewear 2019-05-21 13:17:49  
Phoenix.Erics said: »
Square enix:Are you losers still using the free tako app? now try the official supported speed hack/ja0 program 'Burrito' only $49.99

Also, bring back bazaar taxes that apply in every zone and increase AH taxes again.

then we can really start hitting them where it hurts and make using home point warps based on a % of your current gil total. *bernie voice* we must make the 1% pay their fair share!

RMT tax only applies to people with a name of abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-05-21 13:31:48  

50k Hallmarks? -- 9.99$
10,000 Tokens? -- 14.99$
50,000 Beads? -- 24.99$
Primal KI -- 2.99$

I know this was at least partially in jest, but good lord this is actually a thing in sports games these days (others too I'm sure but I dont play them). Those games are virtually pay to win, or pay to not have to grind hundreds of hours AND be really good, to have the best team. FFXI is built on grinding so this may actually work as a cash cow for them. So delete pls! There are people who would definitely spent $20 to save them 10 hours of mindless grinding. Then again SE makes it hard to even pay for your monthly subscription fees if you have multiple characters with their antiquated system, so they probably couldnt implement it well.

But Delete Delete, dont give them any microtransaction ideas!
By DaneBlood 2019-05-21 13:40:21  
Phoenix.Erics said: »

Nice free homepoints warp is i just mule all my gil to another account
 Odin.Botosi
サーバ: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-05-21 13:50:00  
I wouldn't mind a P2W for mission completions. Would allow returnees and new mules to jump into content a lot faster. That's 100% where I'd draw the line though.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-05-21 13:56:40  
DaneBlood said: »
Nice free homepoints warp is i just mule all my gil to another account
limit the gil you can dbox and trade to 100k so everyone has to use the over taxed AH and bazaars, checkmate.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-21 13:57:47  
Honestly i wouldnt mind them adding pay to purchase gil to just destroy the gil economy and force them to rework everything to be more like aeonics. Clear content, get rewarded. Not "hey gais spend 15000000 hours grinding currency to upgrade everything woo is this fun yeettt?". SE shouldve learned relics were an RMT only business at 75 cap... Dont know why they let mythics follow suit...
By fonewear 2019-05-21 14:04:08  
Making if we keep making threads about RMT it will stop !
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-05-21 14:39:59  
We need a bastok->jeuno lv1 mule 'fun run for RMT awareness' if we ever want to stop them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-21 15:34:36  
I was joking, but let's be honest here: What is gil useful for now besides buying aman trove orbs/finishing your remas? It's so easy to amass large amounts, the value of gil (time) is basically nothing. You can print it without even trying. People pretty much understood that, and decided to pay straight up to get quick cash, rather than grind endlessly. I don't think a 16 year old game warrants the amount of grinding it once did.

If they cut out the RMT by just selling incentives to players directly, what would be the difference? (im asking a question, not trolling).
[+]
 Asura.Ezekial
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2019-05-21 17:05:29  
RMT is a sign of a healthy game, but lets face it. The economy in FFXI has been destroyed for the most part, and there isn't much they can do to fix it...
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-05-21 21:18:58  
Asura.Ezekial said: »
RMT is a sign of a healthy game, but lets face it. The economy in FFXI has been destroyed for the most part, and there isn't much they can do to fix it...

you can fix it with a level 75 cap
By Kainrostecello 2019-05-21 21:37:56  
Asura.Kalimairo said: »
Asura.Ezekial said: »

you can fix it with a level 75 cap

Said nobody ever.
[+]