Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 198 199 200
By fonewear 2019-08-02 17:08:17  
The only songs I know are commercials and Hall and Oates

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-08-02 17:23:13  
Viciouss said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
US, Taliban Close In on Deal That Would Cut US Force
Troop levels would fall below 9,000

Quote:
(Newser) – The US is nearing an agreement under which it would remove thousands of troops from Afghanistan, and the Taliban would denounce al-Qaeda and agree to a cease-fire. That would take US troop levels from about 14,000 to fewer than 9,000, roughly the number there when President Trump took office....

some worry what the Taliban will do when US troops leave. "The Americans call this a peace negotiation, but the Taliban definitely perceive it as a withdrawal negotiation," ...

Some worry what the Taliban would do? It's pretty obvious they will take over the country again.

Great, bring back the troops

And when Dems cry that we're not doing anything, we'll be summoned again

[+]
By fonewear 2019-08-02 18:24:59  
What makes America great guns:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-02 20:00:50  
Viciouss said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
US, Taliban Close In on Deal That Would Cut US Force
Troop levels would fall below 9,000

Quote:
(Newser) – The US is nearing an agreement under which it would remove thousands of troops from Afghanistan, and the Taliban would denounce al-Qaeda and agree to a cease-fire. That would take US troop levels from about 14,000 to fewer than 9,000, roughly the number there when President Trump took office....

some worry what the Taliban will do when US troops leave. "The Americans call this a peace negotiation, but the Taliban definitely perceive it as a withdrawal negotiation," ...
Some worry what the Taliban would do? It's pretty obvious they will take over the country again.
Whatever else you may say about the Taliban they almost eradicated poppy production when they last ruled the country. W even gave them a cash award for that. It was before 9/11 of course.

Unfortunately I think they have learned the financial importance of the opium poppy since then.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-02 20:43:01  
By Nausi 2019-08-03 07:00:42  
Wapo taking kremlin money to publish russian propaganda.

https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1157066712581365761?s=21
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-03 07:18:26  
Too funny. This is how lefties operate, in total ignorance of facts and in a state of media driven panic.

https://twitter.com/chrisloesch/status/1157386571198402562?s=21

The fundamental point being that they don’t think the media would even lie to them. When there’s ample evidence the media lies to them all the time.

This is further documented in polling. Lefties are more likely to have confidence and trust in the media than independents or conservatives.

So I mean whats more likely? The media doesn’t lie to you to promote their own interests, or it does?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-03 16:43:05  
“because he likes trump, what he reports isnt true”

Is that he standard now?

Sorry, try proving these things aren't true instead of insisting they just cant be.

And sorry plenty of high ranking democrats are involved in a child sex ring. Thats why Clinton flew on Epstein’s plane over 2 dpzeb times.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-03 20:05:27  
Terrible mass shooting in El Paso today, 20 dead so far, another 26 wounded. Shooter was captured alive without incident, so incoming death penalty.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-04 09:11:36  
By Nausi 2019-08-04 09:51:03  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
“because he likes trump, what he reports isnt true”

Is that he standard now?

Sorry, try proving these things aren't true instead of insisting they just cant be.

And sorry plenty of high ranking democrats are involved in a child sex ring. Thats why Clinton flew on Epstein’s plane over 2 dpzeb times.

Pizzagate is true, please don't go out shooting people.
Shooter hater republicans.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-08-04 09:57:56  
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-04 10:14:36  
Another mass shooting last night, two in 24 hours. Nightclub in Ohio, 9 dead, 26 injured. They killed that shooter.
By Nausi 2019-08-04 10:41:54  
Reminder that 73 people were shot in Chicago this past week. That never makes the news because it’s predominantly done by black people.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-04 10:47:16  
lol, having lived in the Chicago burbs, the shootings make the news everyday there. Poor attempt at deflection.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2019-08-04 12:41:55  
I'm glad to hear having more guns is an efficient way to prevent shootings. It's working nicely.

The majority of murders with guns were carried out by people that illegally possessed the firearms.

If only Illinois didn't make it harder for law abiding citizens to own and carry guns. I do think this example doesn't really fit the argument when many of these are gang related incidents. There are a bunch of laws against these acts of violence, and we see how well they're working. Which do you think is more reasonable here...adding a few more laws to the book, or allowing the law abiding citizens an opportunity to defend themselves? I have major doubts with the former so I'm banking with the latter. Adding more laws ONLY restricts the law abiding citizens and allows the criminals to flourish.

We are arguing that giving law abiding citizens the opportunity to carry and defend themselves is a good thing. Let's use the school shooting crisis as an example. You act like people are requesting that teachers be required to carry guns. No one is saying that. But people are suggesting that a teacher whom is allowed to own/possess a gun, should be able to own/possess it at work if they so choose. No one is saying the teacher needs to run to the source of the shots and start firing. They should absolutely be able to barricade their students into the classroom and protect them from an intruder that comes through the door to harm them. It's self DEFENSE. I agree with leaving the offense to the SWAT team. Gun aren't for everyone. I completely agree with that. I do not think that anyone that is uncomfortable with guns, should have to own/possess one.

Put yourself in that El Paso Wal-Mart. You're in the back of the store as you hear this guy systematically making his way to the back towards you. We aren't politicians. We don't get to have an entourage of armed body guards protecting us everywhere we go. The average response time for a priority 1 emergency call is 10 minutes. 10 minutes! 30 seconds of gun fire is terrifying. 10 minutes is a lifetime. When that guy is bearing down on your position, I absolutely guarantee you will be wishing you had a gun. I'm a CWP holder. I'm not the one you have to worry about. I've been cleared by state and federal back ground checks. My fingerprints are on record. I have never been convicted of a felony, violent crime, or domestic violence. I am not under a restraining order. I am not a drug addict/user. I wasn't dishonorably discharged from the military. I have never been declared mentally incompetent. You will never know I'm even carrying if we were to walk by each other or sit next to each other. I've carried for 18 years and it saved my life in a robbery attempt 9 years ago. I am not the enemy. You can't erode the rights to self defense of millions of law abiding citizens based on the actions of a fraction of a percent of criminals. You cannot legislate evil out of people.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-04 15:03:14  
Because every time something like this happens we focus more on pointless gun control (that wouldn't have prevented the crime in the first place) than we do on addressing legitimate mental illness.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-04 15:10:01  
Nausi said: »
Reminder that 73 people were shot in Chicago this past week. That never makes the news because it’s predominantly done by black people.

I'm glad to hear having more guns is an efficient way to prevent shootings. It's working nicely.
Reminder: There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralized gun ownership in the hands of the government and its minions.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-08-04 15:42:11  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Because every time something like this happens we focus more on pointless gun control (that wouldn't have prevented the crime in the first place) than we do on addressing legitimate mental illness.

Serious question here, how do you address "legitimate" mental illness and how does this prevent people from getting guns legally or illegally?

There is supposed to be a registry with people with mental disorders that pose a risk to themselves or others and they are not allowed to buy firearms. This is both a good and a bad thing.

1.) requires doctors to report patients with serious mental disorders. Some do, some do not.

2.) There are many flaws in this system. Certain disorders are taken out of context or seriousness. Ex: When my uncle was alive he had epilepsy and would sometimes have seizures. In the states epilepsy is classified as a mental disorder and he was reported by his Dr as being "No threat to public but unable to control." That is a loophole Dr's use to stop gun ownership. You can be deemed unable to control for a variety of disorders that would put you in a "altered status." There are even diabetics that have fallen under this rule because when blood sugars get low it can alter your mental status.

Imagine being denied a firearm because of epilepsy?

Another good example is the Court case (think it went to scotus) case of the guy with depression in his history. He was treated for severe depression 10 years before he went to court due to his wife and child dying in a car accident. Can you blame the guy? He sought treatment for his depression and was put on meds for a few years. After he came to terms with everything and got better he got off the meds and lived a productive life. Fast forward some 5-6 years and he went to purchase a firearm and was denied due to past history of depression. He fought it and won but how many people out there do not have the money to do that.

There is some good ways to do gun control but there are always far to many loopholes and what not.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-04 16:32:01  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Serious question here, how do you address "legitimate" mental illness and how does this prevent people from getting guns legally or illegally?

Who said anything about preventing people from getting guns? We'll never fix the issue by fighting symptoms instead of root causes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-04 17:52:58  
Odin.Slore said: »
1.) requires doctors to report patients with serious mental disorders. Some do, some do not.

But if you don't see a doctor they can't report you ... sounds like a massive loophole.

The kind of loophole that can't be dealt with. Mental health evaluations pretty much only happen if they are court mandated, and even then its a pretty high bar, that starts with an arrest. Otherwise, they are entirely voluntary, and almost always paid for out of pocket. So with these 3 terrorists, who from what we know, have no prior history with the law and were all 24 or younger, they never saw any doctors for their "mental health." I'm sure we will find out for sure in the coming days, but again from what we know, they didn't have any problem purchasing their guns legally.

The El Paso terrorist will of course have a mental health evaluation to make sure he can stand trial for capital murder, I'm sure we will see an insanity defense. But that won't save him in Texas, he is gonna get the death penalty from the state then he will face those domestic terrorism charges and get another death penalty.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 198 199 200