言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 33 34 35
By FaeQueenCory 2021-08-08 15:55:23  
tmd5 said: »
A few Nyame pieces are now in the Rudra and Climatic Rudra sets.

Is with assuming it's at max augments (WSD+10%) or is it still BIS with ZERO augments? I'm guessing it's NOT bis with zero augments.

If NOT, I would suggest listing this in the guide or writing that it's Path B only.
Well the thing about Nyame is that there's no point to the other paths. At least not with all the other gear that exists. So it should basically always be assumed that you're using path B, even without the context of being in a WS set making that path obvious.

Even without the augments, they're not terrible options because of their large STR and DEX values with decent attack and accuracy; though unaugmented, there's likely a better option.

As for why there is only path B and path B alone for Nyame:
  • A = an all jobs Malignance set: sounds really good.... until you remember the fact that the T3 odyssey sets (with few exception) offers the jobs that care about something like having a Malignance variant (aka SMN doesn't give any *** about a Malignance style set, for example) a Malignance style set with more relevant stats for the job that can equip it... and the fact that those generally have to be unlocked before you unlock Nyame... makes the whole augment path kinda moot.

• C = an all jobs MB set: also sounds like it could be a good idea... until you remember the jobs that really care about MB damage already get massive amounts in their relevant T3 Odyssey sets... "but what about PLD/DRK/NIN?" Well, while a path C would indeed be better for those three for their magic bursts... such as that is; the base Nyame still has the base 30 MAB and MBB... and is the loss of a +8~10% WSdmg piece worth the gain of 2~3% MBBII on PLD, DRK, or NIN? I can't justify it and I don't think anyone else can either.

• D = pet stuff. The body and legss catch my eye for being potentially good. What with its DMG+5%... But for SMN there's a better body and legs for damage; I don't think DRG cares; and while BST and PUP are likely to benefit the most from that... is a 5% boost to your pet/auto's damage worth the loss of a 10%WSdmg body? PUP could probably make that work cause of their artifact body... but BST likely would prefer the WSdmg. Especially now. And neither could afford the loss of the 9% WSdmg legs.
    There's also the issue of losing out on that WSdmg for other jobs, so even PUP would likely pick B because they have more than just PUP.
    The other pieces follow a similar logic: SMN + DRG don't really care or have better things than just pet: stat+; BST and PUP could benefit the most, but likely have better options with more stuff than just pet: stats+5.

• But the biggest kicker is how all reasons you might want to use paths A/C/D are already there on the base Nyame. You don't need to do A to get a DT piece with lots of evasion and magic evasion and also accuracy. You don't need to do B for a piece with decent to high INT and MND, 30 MAB, and MBB 5~7%. And you don't need path D to get the lots of Acc/Racc/Macc for your pet's abilities.
    Cause here's the tea: you can still use your WSdmg augmented Nyame pieces for your DT set or your MB set or your pet:Macc set (there's better things for pet:Acc/Racc); sure the A/C/D paths might be "better" for those things... but they're not worth the loss of the 8~10% WSdmg pieces for all jobs.

[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-08 16:04:14  
Path A is great for a number jobs, PLD DRK SAM DRG RUN to name a few could get good use out of it, many of them just also get a good use out of Path B
By SimonSes 2021-08-08 17:23:13  
FaeQueenCory said: »
C = an all jobs MB set: also sounds like it could be a good idea... until you remember the jobs that really care about MB damage already get massive amounts in their relevant T3 Odyssey sets... "but what about PLD/DRK/NIN?" Well, while a path C would indeed be better for those three for their magic bursts... such as that is; the base Nyame still has the base 30 MAB and MBB... and is the loss of a +8~10% WSdmg piece worth the gain of 2~3% MBBII on PLD, DRK, or NIN? I can't justify it and I don't think anyone else can either.

This is very misleading. PathC over unaugmented or pathB for NIN nukes is HUGE difference on magic burst. I was really considered doing path C body/hands/legs. Those 3 pieces makes MB nuke on NIN 30%+ stronger.

FaeQueenCory said: »
Even without the augments, they're not terrible options because of their large STR and DEX values with decent attack and accuracy

This is not true too. DEX on Nyame is very low.

EDIT: Also Nyame B can be often replaced by relic/af with 10%WSD or Ambuscade feet/hands with WSD 7% etc. at attack cap they are often outdamaged by Gleti's or Sakpata's. What Nyame B is good for is uncapped attack WSs that requires WSD and when you want to be safe during WS. If you only consider damage, for many jobs path B isnt that awesome as it might look at first glance.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-08-08 21:21:54  
Quote:
What Nyame B is good for is uncapped attack WSs that requires WSD and when you want to be safe during WS.

That's the biggest reason to go path B on dnc, thf, rng, etc. Path B nyame is great for savage blade on most jobs, but dagger weaponskills are heavily dex modded and nyame sucks in the dex department. But if you die when you swap to weaponskill gear it tanks your dps far more than the difference between R20 nyame and the alternative JSE equivalent. If you're fighting content that could kill you if something turns on you in weaponskill gear, it's usually best to be safe. As a rule of thumb, whenever I feel the need to tp in malignance gear, I also weaponskill in nyame.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-08-09 00:35:16  
I've fought V15 Xevioso a handful of times as DNC and not died, if not for B Path Nyame I seriously doubt I'd have survived any of the fights.
By SimonSes 2021-08-09 01:42:03  
Yeah safety of Nyame B during WS and it being generally bis for many jobs in some slots is why I eventually went that route too, but I wanted it to be clear what you lose, Path C body/legs/hands is massive difference for NIN MBing and mix of path b and c is also bis for magic WS (thought not by much over full B).
By Seigfriedfinal 2021-08-15 12:59:23  
Does anyone here have any experience fighting Ngai v15 with Karambit or just has enough experience using Karambit DNC to weigh in?

My group is planning a charged run that features Ngai in a few weeks, and while we'll have a MNK, we're going to be a bit support starved. I'm limited on Blunt damage jobs but I could probably put together a good Karambit DNC in time and thought that may also help a bit with steps/waltz/sambas, but without much experience against Ngai (or using Karambit, I'd still have to make it) I'm not sure if it's worth the effort damage wise. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
By Crossbones 2021-08-15 15:19:04  
Sounds like a bad idea. Asuran fists is weak, you won't add any significant damage, feed more tp, and take attention away from the healer. I use karambit on thf pretty often, but that's with mnk sub for raging fists, and on blunt weak mobs. This is a way different scenario. An almost naked bst using the slug pet for debuffs would likely contribute way more.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-15 17:05:21  
Would lack any good WS without a sub. Combo would be your best damage I think. Would agree that BST would do more and can help limit TP feed even more. If you post the full party set up you are thinking can get more input, but odyssey thread maybe the place to discuss that.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2021-08-20 01:33:19  
For Rudra's body slot, I haven't started on augmenting Nyame yet. But my Gleti Body is currently rank 15. Where does that rank compared to dnc's older options of Herc and Meg in a general sense.

I never had any good augs for Herc so I was always using Meg. Cuirie +2.

Any thoughts or insights would be welcome.

Cheers
By SimonSes 2021-08-20 05:00:30  
Once again, most (not all but big majority) of WSs set now needs to be divided on capped attack and uncapped attack. For capped attack Gleti's body is bis for Rudra. For uncapped attack it's poo poo (exaggerating a little to make a point).
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2021-08-20 06:05:46  
SimonSes said: »
Once again, most (not all but big majority) of WSs set now needs to be divided on capped attack and uncapped attack. For capped attack Gleti's body is bis for Rudra. For uncapped attack it's poo poo (exaggerating a little to make a point).

For uncapped attack, even though it's poo poo, is R20 Gleti the next best option to Nyame? Or is it worse off than Meg & Herc?

Of course, eventually I want to have both sets RPed, however atm I only have access to RP on Ngai. Hence my Gleti is getting leveled up first. I'm just wondering where it fits in, in capped and uncapped situations over the old options.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-08-25 11:52:34  
So for some reason the node isn't loading for me. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is there a technical issue on my end or is the guide actually missing?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-08-25 11:58:52  
Loaded for me, can you open in a new tab? https://www.ffxiah.com/node/373
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-08-25 12:02:32  
Ok, it shows up for me now. Not sure what was up earlier. Maybe my internet was lagging out. Could have been a caching issue. Either way it's working now. Thanks for the link.
[+]
By tmd5 2021-09-09 14:57:35  
When people made the "BIS" dream tier max haste TP sets were they made with the assumption that max cor rolls were used? Which ones? I'm guessing Samurai's roll is one.

Maybe someone should make two versions. One for attack capped and not. Or just list what rolls were used.

Our group has no main COR on our daily events. Sometimes just for Gaeol NMs when I tank on PUP. Our PLD is also our only COR.

We do have a bard though.

For months i've tested through parses various gear sets and for me as either /WAR or /SAM my Full Malignance set with relic +3 boots always brings me the best parses.

Lately i've been going /sam 100% of the time and using a STP+10 Ambuscade cape.

If I use the listed "BIS" set minus a few small pieces my parses drop majorly. Like 10% or so. I don't have Twashtar, but do use Tauret and Gleti's Knife R0 (also have TP bonus dagger and Ternion +1 R15).

This is usually for both C farms and other similar events like Omen and Ambuscade etc.

Full Malignance + Relic +3 boots also seems best for this month's Ambuscade on D for me.
Tried other sets, but nowhere near as good.
By SimonSes 2021-09-09 16:20:24  
Well that dream tier tp set is clearly for Twashtar and for sure with samurai and chaos rolls. Without Twashtar AM3 and samurai roll, store tp will for sure get more value. That being said, I'm not sure what's bis with what buffs. That set has been made before Odyssey and I only updated Rudra and PK sets so far.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 13:14:29  
The dream tier max haste set in the guide has Twashtar right in it, and is clearly designed with empyrean aftermath in mind. And in the context of empyrean aftermath I believe it's mostly correct, but I'd still use sTP on the cape over DA, and I prefer kentarch belt +1 over windbuffet myself. I've used that set and it's very strong on lower to mid tier mobs, but its performance starts to drop off when mob stats start reaching wave 3 levels. It mimics the glass cannon set posted on the thief forms numerous times, but the thief version is better at what it does because thief's JSE has better white damage syneries (more triple attack, TA damage increase, higher crit rate, and higher crit attack bonus).

Without twashtar or on higher level mobs I agree that a malignance build is better. Dancer's playstyle revolves more heavily around tp gain, skillchains, and weaponskills than it does white damage. It's still an important factor of course, just not the primary one.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 13:38:21  
Quote:
Lately i've been going /sam 100% of the time

This is something I've been meaning to ask about. Is there a general consensus as to what the ideal sub job for dancer is nowadays? I usually sub /dragoon for the 7% increase to weaponskill damage, but I haven't played the job long enough to get a good feel for the differences between /war, /sam, and /drg yet. I know the node was updated to include /drg as one of the better sub job choices, but I was wondering if anyone with more experience could offer some insight into how the other 2 options stack up.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-09-10 20:25:17  
I use Terps so I biased in /sam over the other jobs.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 21:36:48  
Funny you should mention that. I just finished Terpsichore to rank 15 less than a week ago. I haven't had enough time to play with it yet to become too familiar with it, but I have taken it on several outings. I have a lot of questions about optimizing its playstyle, but I don't want to flood the thread because I'm confident I can figure out most of them on my own.

With that said... there IS one thing I want to ask, and it revolves around optimizing Pyrrhic Kleos usage, especially at higher tp values. I understand its formula; it's mechanically the same as dancing edge but with better stat mods. The fact that PK's damage doesn't scale beyond 1000 TP feels like it's at odds with mythic aftermath, because with a malignance store tp build I can see my tp shoot up from under 1k to 1750 before I even get a chance to react and use it sometimes. That extra TP would scale with rudra's storm, but by mainhanding terpsichore rudra's is inherently weaker than it would be with twashter and terpsi mods pyrric kleos with a flat 50% damage increase. Basically it feels like mythic aftermath is getting me all this extra tp but a ton of it is going to waste because of the conflict with weaponskills not scaling well to it.

So basically I'm just looking for general advice on how to best utilize terpsi. I will say that I am impressed with Pyrric Kleos's damage, and with the mythic aftermath in general. But I'd gladly accept a few pointers on how to get the most out of it.
By Crossbones 2021-09-10 23:35:42  
Terps has 16 more base damage than twash to help make up for the lack of dex. It's not bad to use rudras with it and in fact I do quite often due to how easy it is to overtp. If I know I'll be stuck in malignance there are even scenarios where I'll offhand tp bonus dagger with terps to spam rudras (and helps boost climactic ws damage).
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-11 00:37:59  
Valid point. And I suspect that I'll be using terpsicore mainly in a defensive build moving forward so I appreciate the input.
By tmd5 2021-09-13 17:53:22  
Has anyone tried V1 Ambuscade on D or VD with trusts? Probably impossible right? I doubt we could kill it before he does the hammer move or even survive all those spells.

Someone give it a try and post the video! :)

Unfortunately I'm pretty bad right now at making use of our 1hr. /sam should make it a lot easier though.

Maybe this with 2000 TP and max finishing moves:

Sekkanoki > Evisceration > Climactic Flourish > Rudra's Storm > No Foot Rise > Reverse Flourish > Rudra's Storm

You'd probably be dead before you could get off Presto Box step x2 and get 2000 TP. Not sure.

Edit: Forgot you'd probably need a subtle blow set...so probably never going to be possible.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-13 18:20:03  
tmd5 said: »
Has anyone tried V1 Ambuscade on D or VD with trusts? Probably impossible right?

I tried on N-VD with a party.

The group was WHM COR BRD and me as DNC. I tried the same combo you mentioned. I'd have to try again, but I think doing the combo you mentioned, it took him to 50% on either D or VD. He used quenching hammer shortly after and killed us all. His nukes definitely hurt though and my HP got scary low a few times, pretty sure one of the times they killed me outright.

I also tried with Monk's Roll early on. I got it a bit further down before it could kill us, but not far enough. I think I was about halfway through the second Evisceration -> Rudras -> Rudras when he did it, so maybe if you could get a Violent Flourish to land between them and stun him long enough to finish, it should kill him. I want to say that with Monk's Roll I got it down to about 20% before he used his TP move, whereas closer to 30-35 without. I didn't keep notes, so take that FWIW.

N is probably possible, I haven't tried since I got to understand the fight a bit better, D and VD would be more of a stretch in being able to keep his TP down and do enough damage to kill it. I'll try again later and report if I have any success.
By SimonSes 2021-09-13 22:24:31  
With a proper cor and brd buffs and WHM healing you, it should be super easy to win if you use 1hr.

Without 1hr I would probably try to Random deal Climactic Flourish. NFR twice and tactician 3000TP before before fight and go into the fight with sekkanoki, presto and climactic up, do box step>evis>Rudra>reverse>Rudra (try to Random deal here). If Random deal give Climactic back, just presto box > Meditate > Climactic > Rudra > Rudra to finish it off. If you dont get Climactic up then just try the same without Climactic, I guess it could still kill it.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-14 00:09:31  
I didn't try to SP. When we go again, I'll try and see if we can random deal Climactic and see if that works.

I think the damage is substantial enough, but the question is if you'll feed him too much TP and he uses hammer before you can get through everything. Now that I've got MNK strat down and a better feel for the mechanics, I will try again and see how it goes.
By SimonSes 2021-09-14 03:13:37  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
I didn't try to SP. When we go again, I'll try and see if we can random deal Climactic and see if that works.

I think the damage is substantial enough, but the question is if you'll feed him too much TP and he uses hammer before you can get through everything. Now that I've got MNK strat down and a better feel for the mechanics, I will try again and see how it goes.

You have WHM, so with Auspice you are SB capped by default. You can even disengage after Box step if you use Gearswap I guess (most GSs or is it Windower itself or different default addon? lets you WS while disengaged). 5WSs and couple hits with 55SB shouldnt give it enough TP. I suggest to keep cureskin with WHM too, to avoid feeding tp with being hit.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-17 07:08:32  
I didn't have much luck. I tried 5-6 times earlier with different strats, it just feeds too much TP. You are also pretty much guaranteed to wipe if Random Deal doesn't reset Climactic IMO.

I started with Curing Waltz to get a shadow up, put up Saber Dance, pulled, then used Presta + Box Step. Doing the Climactic Evisceration -> Rudras -> Rudras will drop him to around 55% depending on how much the Darkness does. He will TP almost immediately after this, by the time Random Deal went off and I had TP to start again, we were all dead.

I figured Evisceration might be feeding him too much TP, so I tried just doing Rudras -> Rudras Darkness (with Climactic of course), this dropped him to about 70% and bought me more time, but similar story. By the time the second one was off, he was down to 50% and TPed almost immediately after.

I didn't try to SP, I can pretty reliably do this on MNK, so I didn't really venture much beyond these 5-6 tries. It might be possible to get another 3-step off if you time your Violent Flourish right, but IMO you'd need Climactic up to get it to work and do enough damage to kill him before he TPs.

This whole fight is a race to kill him before he can be fed enough TP to use the Hammer. Even on MNK it gets close for me, if I miss the timing on the final step of the 6 step then I lose maybe 70% of the time. IMO the most marginal increases in TP feed make push it over into unwinnable without some form of drain or reset TP
By SimonSes 2021-09-17 08:10:19  
How do you get TP on DNC for those first 3 WSs (Evisceration and 2 Rudras)?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 33 34 35