Alexander HTBF
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Zidaner
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-08-06 03:20:58  
Post your findings here!

He seems to have a trigger which makes him invincible. From what I can tell it is enfeebling magic but that is a very limited test sample.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-08-06 03:32:20  
Seems like enfeebles of any kind, including Geomancy bubbles, triggers a Heal/Erase, multiple(?) seem to cause Perfect defense.

Also has weird damage immunity, piercing damage stopped working around 20-30%, blunt damage stopped working at 11%, one handed sword wasn't doing damage at that point but two handed was. No idea what's going on with this, gonna try WAR and just throw different weapon types at it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-08-06 03:54:05  
I had sylvie out and she was using indi frail without triggering. Not sure if it is because she is a trust or maybe it is just bubble that triggers.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-08-06 03:55:18  
Stopped using GEO after first run, didn't think to try that.

Damage resistance is kind of fun, it seems he'll only take damage from certain angles and it like rotates around throughout the fight, so we're just running in circles until we find where it takes damage from again. Doesn't seem to be tied to weapon at all, gonna try harder difficulties now.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tace
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2019-08-06 04:00:28  
just did runs on ve and e for shitz n giggles for i go bed as war/sam using naegling savage spam with yoran oran / koh / ulmia / qualtada / koru moru did not run into the fun stuff yall describing just beat it down faced it away from trusts.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-08-06 04:18:39  
Soloed a few Easy;

RDM/NIN took roughly 9mins just using Crocea and sanguine spamming. Was able to sabo para2 at start and it that’s all the enfeebling I used. Anytime I attempted more got the gospel cure and debug wipe. No drops on either.

Attempted Normal. Any enfeebling at all caused gospel and him not taking any dmg at all. Had to wait for it to wear and attempted to just wire it down with enspell and sanguine. Got it to around 55 then he used something that I didn’t catch the name of but it completely wiped all my buffs and npcs buffs and took all of our MP. The one time murg was useful for converting. Used it again shortly after I got everything back up then I just flew him the bird and warped out. 4 am I’m too tired to be paying attention anymore
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-08-06 04:45:05  
Radiant Sacrament: Physical AoE + Silence + Defense Down (-50%) + Magic Defense Down
Divine Spear: Cone magic + Petrification + Attack Down (-50%) + Magic Attack Down
Mega Holy: AoE light damage
Gospel of the Lost: Self Cure/Erase and gains an undispellable Stoneskin (yeah, it's really a Stoneskin) if Alexander received a debuff.
Perfect Defense: Complete immunity to damage, used with every third Gospel of the Lost it seems.
Void of Repentance: AoE Stun + Accuracy Down (-100) + Magic Accuracy Down
Divine Judgement: AoE light damage + removes all buffs and MP (even if it deals 0 damage)

He takes 0 damage if attacked from behind and doesn't cast magic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-06 04:49:27  
What a long, long, long and boring fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-08-06 05:24:18  
Wore down VD, super underwhelming in terms of difficulty, just takes forever and annoys you the whole fight.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 05:35:01  
Anyone else finding Skillchains to cause it to Gospel/Judgment more often? Wondering if taking a certain amount, or total overtime of magic damage also causes it to use those moves as well.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-08-06 05:55:49  
I think Mega Holy also reduces MP.

Solo'd N on run spamming Dimi, didn't spam gospel/judgement on me. Can't speak for VD being more dickish
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-06 08:38:18  
tried D. drk sam run brd geo whm. took 0 damage from the start. used piercing, blunt, slashing, all did 0's removed geo and no enfeebs, still did 0's. idk whats going on.
 Leviathan.Choisya
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2019-08-06 09:18:01  
Using any JA on it caused gospel every time for me
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-08-06 09:22:53  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
tried D. drk sam run brd geo whm. took 0 damage from the start. used piercing, blunt, slashing, all did 0's removed geo and no enfeebs, still did 0's. idk whats going on.

Stand directly in front of him, he'll take damage. Seems to get immunity for a little after gospel then starts taking damage again.

Leviathan.Choisya said: »

Anything that enfeebles whatsoever including JA's and WS's will cause gospel. Ex: Chi Blast, Tachi:Gekko/Kasha/Yukikaze/Ageha, Tomahawk, etc.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-08-06 09:46:04  
Did VD run sam geo brd whm rollbot cor mule

You have to attack from the front to do damage so yagrush is very nice with the conal petrify but not needed. You can have GEO WHM BRD each pick a person to be on stona/erase duty for.

I believe we used HM March Min Mad for songs, fury precision for bubbles, and chaos sam for rolls. We probably overcompensated a bit on the acc from our accidentally Q'd VD instead of D when scienceing with yoran+3box+2box and didn't have enough acc in our buffs. Could probably drop the mad for another min.

Alex does jack for damage, I was usually in full DD as RUN once my shields were up but swapped to defensive after each Divine Judgement while we recovered.

Priority after full dispel/mp0 was ballads+evokers up on whm/geo then rolls/songs back on the DDs. Divine Judgement seems to be 30' so if you're a rollbot cor, you can aim for chaining XIs and then hide in a corner to minimize downtime on rolls after the full dispel. Or you can be a real cor instead of mule and help do damage.

Triple Tenebrae because Alex does almost entirely light damage but a Flabra or two might be a consideration because of the petrify spam. Also triple Tenebrae gets your MP back so you can rebuff yourself.

No enfeebles/offensive bubbles because Gospel.

It's not hard per se just slow.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-08-06 09:50:03  
DirectX said: »
Are you saying that Indi-Frail still does trigger him then?

Yeah, he'll just keep doing gospel trying to erase the defense down.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-08-06 09:51:12  
I dunno we didn't try because we heard geo-debuffs trigger so we just used what offensive buffs we could and when we found we needed more acc in our D-accidentally VD test run, we just use precision for the 2nd bubble because why not?

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Stand directly in front of him, he'll take damage. Seems to get immunity for a little after gospel then starts taking damage again.

Leviathan.Choisya said: »

Anything that enfeebles whatsoever including JA's and WS's will cause gospel. Ex: Chi Blast, Tachi:Gekko/Kasha/Yukikaze/Ageha, Tomahawk, etc.
Gospel gives an undispellable stoneskin on top of the heal, which is why it looks like he doesn't take damage for a little after it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-08-06 10:23:51  
So it sounds like the best way to handle this fight is to just buff your own party and ignore enfeebles entirely. Use weaponskills that don't have enfeebles attatched, like evisceration or mandalic stab instead of stuff that's gonna trigger Gospel, and plunk away until it dies.

Tank Whm Bard Cor DD DD sounds like the optimal kind of setup to me.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-06 10:49:20  
tried ranged strat on D. Magical ws do ***dmg. Physical is fine, but you cant do damage outside of 15yalms. So kinda a moot point. Was trying to avoid aoes, petrify and dispel-ga. but no point if you have to be at least 15yalms in range ; ;.
still Won but wasnt any easier.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-06 12:14:38  
assuming its only mob effected geo spells. Has anyone tried with a geo doing indi fury, geo attune, entrust refresh on whm?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 13:06:03  
GG if you didn't have this quest completed and need to buy Plumbago. 500k/ea. Asura, always undefeated
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 13:36:16  
I mean you've had like 2 weeks notice to get them, and the drop rate is pretty high. Plus the drops are pretty pooptastic. They'll be back to 50k in a day.
By kishr 2019-08-06 13:41:40  
Go farm 3 then damn, 1.5mil is nothing.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-08-06 14:14:44  
assuming its only mob effected geo spells. Has anyone tried with a geo doing indi fury, geo attune, entrust refresh on whm?
You can use geobuffs fine. I don't remember if indis get hit by the full dispel or not since I wasn't paying that much attention to that.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-08-06 19:43:22  
Actually, the angle where Alexander can be attacked get progressively smaller as he loses HP. Toward the end it's necessary to be perfectly in front of him (on VD, at least).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6