Sealed Fate - The Easy Way
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-22 13:13:40  
Bahamut.Kludge said: »
I'm pretty sure you can drop a Summoner

The MNK needs both summoners as well, to be able to melee fulltime.

Potency multipliers from Arbatel-Feet's Klimaform
Thought this was just for the scholar, as the boots had to be worn for the nuke not the klimaform cast. Is it verified this helps enspell, or am I misunderstanding something?
 Bahamut.Kludge
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-12-22 13:22:28  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I'm pretty sure you can drop a Summoner

The MNK needs both summoners as well, to be able to melee fulltime.

Potency multipliers from Arbatel-Feet's Klimaform
Thought this was just for the scholar, as the boots had to be worn for the nuke not the klimaform cast. Is it verified this helps enspell, or am I misunderstanding something?

Monk doesn't need to DPS full-time to finish miles ahead of the RDM, as is, so I wouldn't rule it out on that fact alone.

With respect to the Sholar limitation, you may be right, but I don't recall anything on wiki that suggests it.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-22 13:28:17  
Just a question of practicality, if MNK has to eyeball how much TP they've fed and constantly turn that leaves another route to failure. You'd need to melee half time while penance is down, and around 2/3 while it's up with the longer mew intervals, and the longer time period means either of them landing hits on the MNK or RUN may also matter. Double mews gives much more room for error.

This is all assuming that you can actually get cere dagger up to the damage of Su4/Su5 though, which seems questionable(don't forget you also lose 242 m.acc skill and 40 m.acc). I'm pretty sure arbatel loafers are to be worn at time of nuke and don't effect anyone besides the SCH. If you wanted to try despite those limitations, keeping a bursted helix up may mitigate some of the difference.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-12-22 14:14:06  
Just a question of practicality,

This is all assuming that you can actually get cere dagger up to the damage of Su4/Su5 though, which seems questionable(don't forget you also lose 242 m.acc skill and 40 m.acc). I'm pretty sure arbatel loafers are to be worn at time of nuke and don't effect anyone besides the SCH.

For context, that portion of my post is pure conjecture and not intended to be practical. I'm only curious what's possible for those who want a challenge or to try something different.

If we assume that the M.Acc and Acc are there, then the break even point for 2 Ceremonial Daggers against a Crocea Mors wielding Enspell IIs and no Multi-Attack is a 629 Skill Temper II + 13 More Triple Attack.
By Ozaii 2019-12-22 15:02:26  
Out of curiousity. If i only had one buddy as an amazing smn and the other was not so well geared but had the bp recast down sets. Could we have one smn just focus on mewing or does it have to be both. In a rotation.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-12-22 16:31:50  
Not with this strat, you're going to want 2 SMN mewing.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-22 17:10:05  

This is all assuming that you can actually get cere dagger up to the damage of Su4/Su5 though, which seems questionable(don't forget you also lose 242 m.acc skill and 40 m.acc). I'm pretty sure arbatel loafers are to be worn at time of nuke and don't effect anyone besides the SCH.

For context, that portion of my post is pure conjecture and not intended to be practical. I'm only curious what's possible for those who want a challenge or to try something different.

If we assume that the M.Acc and Acc are there, then the break even point for 2 Ceremonial Daggers against a Crocea Mors wielding Enspell IIs and no Multi-Attack is a 629 Skill Temper II + 13 More Triple Attack.
we tried ceremonial our first run and it didn't have the m.acc to support it.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-12-22 18:11:35  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Interesting, not terribly surprising, but unfortunate. Are you able to ballpark a M. Acc number from that run?

Also do any of you know the formula for Summoner's Enfire / Enthuner? I recall reading they were more potent than standard enspells but never found a formula that felt right.
By Ozaii 2019-12-22 18:32:00  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

You sure? I mean. Thats not a bad idea at all. But i thought the smns also had to help push. Unless they dont have to at all? Just trying to make sense of the original post and this bit you said.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-22 18:39:31  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Interesting, not terribly surprising, but unfortunate. Are you able to ballpark a M. Acc number from that run?

Also do any of you know the formula for Summoner's Enfire / Enthuner? I recall reading they were more potent than standard enspells but never found a formula that felt right.
we tried smn enspell damage as well, i don't remember the exact numbers since i was on mnk but i don't recall them being that good. the crocea set thorny posted in the op had the occasional resist i believe, he'll have a better answer though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [160 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Korgull
サーバ: Asura
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2020-05-31 02:30:47  

Won on our second attempt ever with this strategy... Thanks a lot for sharing!Congratulations to the team!

We wiped at 15% on our first run because we lost a couple minutes buffing inside (we buffed outside on the second attempt)and out of panic i asked the smns to af/ac... and that caused Ultima use Citadel Buster and kill us.

Ozaii said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

You sure? I mean. Thats not a bad idea at all. But i thought the smns also had to help push. Unless they dont have to at all? Just trying to make sense of the original post and this bit you said.

The SMNS alternate between mewing and bp, so mews and magic/phys bloodpacts happen every 14 seconds aprox. And like someone said, both mews are important, we had 2 tp moves happen on our first run, the first was because i attacked ultima 2-3 times w/o noticing, and the last one was due to af/ac giving tp to Ultima.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-08-09 16:44:23  
Sorry for the necro, anyone know which H2H is to be used? Also sorry if I missed it stated anywhere in post.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-08-09 18:22:45  
it doesn't terribly matter, mnk will outdamage the smns+rdm regardless, ideal is probably one of the counter h2hs to potentially reduce tp but sagitta/godhands/vereth/hesychasts/whatever are all going to do fine.. the gear req on this is very low
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-08-09 18:38:56  
Gotcha, was mainly from a TP gain perspective, didn't know if/should break out Spharai since AM. Thanks!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-08-09 18:41:02  
Spharai AM doesn't matter. You should have capped SB from gear not rely on AM.

Mastered MNK has 35 SB, so 15 SB1, niqmaddu ring, moonbow belt +1, and sherida earring does the trick. They need to be worn both during TP and WS, ideally you would have them in your cast sets too in case you get a swing in.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-08-09 18:45:53  
Awesome, thank you!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By Heck 2020-09-28 14:49:09  
Just did this today and won with the strat (We had about 5 minutes left and all but RUN and RDM wiped around 60% but we recovered). I was the RDM so I'll at least post an updated version of the gear sets. For the first 50% I did as what was said

Ultima: (Frazzle III pretty much optional if your worried about resists)Dia 3, Slow 2, Distract III

Omega: Bio 3, Poison II, Frazzle III, Distract III

After 50% I added Paralyze II to both

I used Enspell II according to the day. If it was Darksday/Lightsday I just used Enthunder II. Take a couple swings for Enspells to reach max potency from what I noticed but was doing 1550ish per swing at 1.10 distance with 1700 for day bonus proc.

For buffs:
Haste 2 Myself, RUN and MNK,
Phalanx II: MNK
Refresh III: Myself, RUN, SMN (Only if below 50% MP)
----
Gain-DEX
Phalanx
Enspell II
Aquaveil
Utsusemi
Stoneskin

Key to the fight is to get enspell damage on Omega as much as you can as casting too much will slow dps by a lot.

TP: ItemSet 375708
--Shield R:15
--Cape: Mag Acc +10, Enfeebling Magic Skill +9, Enhancing Magic Skill +10, Enhacning Duration +18% (Only really need the mag acc for tp set)

Sanguine: ItemSet 375709
--Cape: INT +30, Mag Acc/Dmg +20, WSD +10

You can probably optimize them better but had no accuracy issues with bard songs and had no issues landing debuffs. Sanguine Blade was doing about 8.8k-10k with some resists.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-02-22 16:17:28  
Sharing our second Sealed Fate clear with a similar melee based approach.

Clear time was around 33 minutes, compared to almost 1-hour on our previous first attempt last year (non-melee MB strategy).

Jobs: COR/MNK MNK/SAM SMN/RDM SMN/RDM BRD/PLD Red/PLD

COR tanks and Store TP of Omega and MNK tanks and Store TP of Ultima, then swap tank and STP role after first hate shuffle at 50% of either monsters. Subtle Blow Total 75 MNK + COR, counter stance always.

COR Leaden Salute <stnpc> Omega > Caitsith Regal Scratch > Distortion > Leaden Salute > Darkness

MNK Victory Smite Ultima > Victory Smite > Light

Red Debuffs Frazzle, Distract, and priority Slow & Paralyze. Bio Omega and Dia Ultima

SMNs alternate mewing lullaby (make sure avatar does not auto-attack)

Bard Songs Honor March, Minne x2, Minuet, Madrigal, Ballad x2 for backline job.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]