Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17
By malakef 2020-05-06 23:40:10  
Those new fencer builds should have the Aurgelmir +1 for ammo instead if posting BIS. I have yet to swap the sailfi belt +1 into my tp set as I hate giving up 17 accuracy but i'd wager it comes out ahead by a slim margin over a long enough parse. That first set though is basically what I have been using for TP for a while and it holds up really well versus all comers.
By Spaitin 2020-05-08 20:14:08  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Why couldn't we use Cloudsplitter? For example in ddyna, if our group is doing mage buffs/debuffs.

Specifically for Dyna D , cloudsplitter builds take a LOT of buffing. War makes a good enough tank for wave 1-2 if you have physical damage maxed out. However, if you are making war use a magical weaponskill you STILL need buffs for TP gain and acc as well as macc mab etc to make it work. It is frustrating how much effort you have to put into it to make it shine. It just doesn't work well. Sure you can make cloudsplitter hit hard, but it takes more effort than it is worth.
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
WAR has to have some advantage is lower man setups?
War is great in low man, i rarely ever use a real tank on anything anymore. AEONIC clears are done ALMOST completely without a tank no problem. Vast majority of ambu fights dont need a "real tank". Armob/Weapon break are really great for lowman.
 Asura.Mysticzero
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mysticboi
By Asura.Mysticzero 2020-05-18 17:36:19  
Hey all, apologize for being absent these last 4 months. Some of you have sent me messages and I have tried to reply back to them all. I have returned and I must say I am happy to see everyone is liking/using this thread for new fun ways to play WARRIOR #Warcry!!

I am currently trying to get caught up on updates to sets. I Have added another SB and ID set. Also before I left I had made Renaud's Axe and loved it. I put a foot note in SB.

Have also added a section Spiral Hell. Anything you would like me to add shoot me a message.

Thanks!

Edit: I have also added a new Fencer Hybrid.
ItemSet 373186
An old school piece may have been brought back to light. Can thank the Sailfi Belt +1. The following sets behind it are short of haste cap with out the Tempus Fugit. Watch for that when trying to replace it with Sailfi Belt +1.
By Crossbones 2020-05-18 18:58:48  
Wouldn't these swaps be better for that build?

Odin head > flamma+2 (+4 haste, -1 STP, -6 DA, +5 TA, - 10 DT)
Empy legs > AF+3 (-2 haste, +5 DA, +56 acc, +5 PDT)
Blitz ring > moonlight ring (-1 haste, +110 HP, +5 STP, +8acc/att, +5 DT)
[+]
 Asura.Mysticzero
By Asura.Mysticzero 2020-05-18 19:16:39  
Yes. That would work as well! Very well actually lol. Good Eye! Guess I'm a bit rusty.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-05-19 15:01:29  
Asura.Mysticzero said: »
Hey all, apologize for being absent these last 4 months. Some of you have sent me messages and I have tried to reply back to them all. I have returned and I must say I am happy to see everyone is liking/using this thread for new fun ways to play WARRIOR #Warcry!!

I am currently trying to get caught up on updates to sets. I Have added another SB and ID set. Also before I left I had made Renaud's Axe and loved it. I put a foot note in SB.

Have also added a section Spiral Hell. Anything you would like me to add shoot me a message.

Thanks!

Edit: I have also added a new Fencer Hybrid.
ItemSet 373186
An old school piece may have been brought back to light. Can thank the Sailfi Belt +1. The following sets behind it are short of haste cap with out the Tempus Fugit. Watch for that when trying to replace it with Sailfi Belt +1.

What's the incentive of those pants if TP Bonus from Fencer only applies to the WS? You're just gaining 2% critical rate while sacrificing a whole lot more.
By Crossbones 2020-05-19 17:41:29  
I figured he was probably using them because they have more haste than AF pants with a still decent amount of DA.
 Asura.Mysticzero
By Asura.Mysticzero 2020-05-19 19:43:20  
Crossbones said: »
I figured he was probably using them because they have more haste than AF pants with a still decent amount of DA.

Yes that is what i was doing^^;
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-05-19 19:50:01  
Sorry I didn't catch that. Seems like a major downgrade though to just using Tempus + AF+3 pants and a Niqmaddu or Moonlight instead.
By Crossbones 2020-05-19 20:57:11  
I've never been a super huge fan of tempus but then again I've also never been a huge fan of odin helm either. I can definitely see the value going either way though. Personally trading the TA for the DA and worrying more about haste is too much of a hassle. That's just me though. If you DW and have an odin sword it's not nearly as big a deal, which is what I typically do if I ever play WAR (which is almost never). I find ambu axe/odin sword to be the best all around play style, especially if you wanna rock both odin pieces. Don't really care much for chango unless guaranteed to SC often and to me fencer is pretty yuck (slower attack speed, gotta worry about haste samba). Good thing about WAR is you can pick pretty much any weapon combo and still do really good DPS so it doesn't matter much either way in the end.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-05-20 02:09:41  
Crossbones said: »
I find ambu axe/odin sword to be the best all around play style, especially if you wanna rock both odin pieces. Don't really care much for chango unless guaranteed to SC often and to me fencer is pretty yuck (slower attack speed, gotta worry about haste samba). Good thing about WAR is you can pick pretty much any weapon combo and still do really good DPS so it doesn't matter much either way in the end.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Dolichenus/Zantetsuken most of the time when I'm on warrior. Very simple to gear for plus it skillchains with Savage Blade (COR in most Ambu months). Also has the ability to do a strong self-SC. Outside of SC I'm consistently disappointed in Chango's damage. On the other hand Fencer builds are potent but weird. I'm still fine-tuning mine but I do Mistral Axe build a fair amount just to switch it up. Savage Blade is extremely strong on WAR obviously.

As general metacommentary on the job, warrior is tremendous fun but I find myself going on dragoon or monk more often these days. WAR is the Swiss Army knife of damage dealers. There's a lot of options but outside of MS zerg I actually feel stronger overall on dragoon. Warrior is still a great all-round job with tons of options between different weapons and damage types and I want to continue to improve mine.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-05-20 11:11:30  
I'm very confused by this question and how you even came to it but no. Evasion is the most useless stat in the game.
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-20 12:11:58  
I’m still disappointed war is not on 1hand aeonic axe, love me some mistral axe.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-05-20 12:48:53  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
I’m still disappointed war is not on 1hand aeonic axe, love me some mistral axe.

Yeah that would be awesome, kind of a missed opportunity. There's still decent combos for Mistral Axe, like Barbarity +1/Blurred Shield +1 or Barbarity +1/TP Bonus axe.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-20 13:28:44  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Should I be augmenting WS capes with Evasion? I have -5dt on mine but wondering if it should be Evasion since evasion is similar to Accuracy?
Not sure what you mean by evasion is similar to accuracy?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Evasion

Would be better off putting defense then evasion, but even that won't help a ton without buffs.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-22 10:47:37  
Just to share a recent experience with HTH, was fighting the coarse NM in reisen so I used The HTHs with dragon kick and with less than ideal buffs and set for this ws I was doing 50kish average as war/Sam with a spike of 78k
By Crossbones 2020-05-22 11:22:01  
If you are capped pdt in your ws sets somehow you should not add defense over pdt. If you are capped pdt but not DT then add DT. Unless I'm missing something I don't understand the rationale for this choice.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-05-22 12:10:20  
Better put M-EVA if you dont choose PDT or DT (better choices) for capes.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-22 12:19:54  
I was looking at the HTH WS list and it shows tornado kick available with mnk as sub, is that accurate? Also BG shows str dex for dragon but on the actual page for dragon it says str vit, does anyone know which it actually is? I will probably get into this to check all this out but I’m thinking raging firsts could also be some serious dmg now for war.
By SimonSes 2020-05-22 12:27:07  
I was looking at the HTH WS list and it shows tornado kick available with mnk as sub, is that accurate? Also BG shows str dex for dragon but on the actual page for dragon it says str vit, does anyone know which it actually is? I will probably get into this to check all this out but I’m thinking raging firsts could also be some serious dmg now for war.

I think you are few months late. I think Spaitin tested this and even did some 99 RF during zerg on something weka to blunt. If you go back few months (probably around the time when h2h WSs get update) you should probably find it.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-22 12:35:02  
I skimmed back to dec but didn’t see it, I’ll look again later.
By SimonSes 2020-05-22 12:50:54  
I skimmed back to dec but didn’t see it, I’ll look again later.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/165/#3458710
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-05-22 18:56:34  
Been using war/mnk a lot lately. It is honestly one of the better builds war has access to lol.

It does really well on anything blunt weak. at 3k TP you can 99k on stuff that isnt blunt weak.

If you have someone going /dnc you can have them haste samba and then you are good to go. If you have someone who likes /dnc then I would say it is an endgame ready DPS build.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-05-22 19:20:41  
Ambu hands are awesome. Only thing holding a H2H build back is not reaching capped delay without convincing your BRD or COR to go /DNC.

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-06-20 18:49:17  
Anyone ever build a counter set for war?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17