Turms Cap+1 Or Volte Cap ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Turms Cap+1 or Volte Cap ?
Turms Cap+1 or Volte Cap ?
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-11-04 17:55:43  
Turms Cap or Volte Cap?

ItemSet 366130

ItemSet 369511
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-04 18:29:09  
Turms cap.

I tested this a while back and when I consolidated my results to here, it was clear Turms cap was better due to Status resist being halved on NMs.
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-11-04 18:52:05  
Thats an answer I was looking for, Thx.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-11-05 09:50:02  
I think Volte Bracers are the only piece that may merit some use for RUN, they're very good if you aren't engaged or don't care about parry healing.

I know most of the people on this forum are engaged full time anyway, though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-05 12:46:19  
Odin.Archaide said: »
Turms Cap or Volte Cap?

What is the purpose of your set? Either of those options are more for a heavily Meva focused set that you might use when it's critical to resist status effects or heavy nukes, but some of your other gear choices don't really seem to be geared toward that purpose.

As in, if you really wanted to go Meva heavy, you get more benefit out of really loading up on it - so why not swap out some stuff like earrings (Eabani, Sanare), belt (Engraved), legs/feet (Turms), maybe even one or both rings (Purity, Vengeful) if the vital concern is resisting status effects, etc.

For a more general purpose tanking build (like it appears your posted set may be geared towards), tossing on random Meva pieces likely isn't the best approach. For a better generic tanking head piece Futhark Bandeau +3 is prob the better all around choice, for feet you'd generally want to go with Turms+1 or Erilaz+1, etc.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-05 16:03:03  
Turms Subligar was never brought up until now and I didn't even realize it. Is there a reason no one ever really suggested it before in any of the builds I looked at working on my GEO? Is it simply because of Erilaz Leg Guard has decent MEVA in addition PDT? I suppose I don't generally put on sets that are about max MEVA with no concern for any DT that often.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-05 18:22:03  
Yeah, Erilaz +1 legs are pretty nice for a general purpose defensive piece. PDT-7% Meva+107 Inquartata +2 is pretty great. I use those the vast majority of the time for tanking-oriented RUN, so not shocking to see a lot of people sticking with them for most defensive situations.

Turms+1 ARE better though, for (1) applications when it's super important to resist really nasty debuffs (e.g., Charm that could destroy a fight if it lands), or (2) if high damage moves are nearly all magical - in which case, the other main legs options having PDT- doesn't really help you much anyway. In those cases, max Meva makes a lot of sense and Turms (including NQ) legs are pretty great.

A lot of people also seem to like AF+3 legs, for some reason I'll never understand. I don't get it at all: AF+3's Meva+99/Resist All+10 is slightly worse resist rate than Erilaz+1 on NMs (since NMs have halved Resist all), combined with lower PDT and no Inquartata. Sure, they have good acc, but if your concern is gaining TP I can't imagine people would be swinging away in a more defensive/Meva oriented set in the first place. I've argued this point before though, and met a lot of resistance, so I'll continue to just be comfortable not using them.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-05 18:36:53  
The Resist All will affect resist rates even when the mob's MACC is overcapped or otherwise unresistable by MEVA (on statuses that aren't auto-land period, at least). That's about it, though.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-05 19:10:54  
Since we're on the topic of "Resist" gear, almost all of the values, how does this halved resist value factor into Death? And does it apply to stuff like Charm which, while I guess is a status ailment, I think there wasn't anything conclusive about whether or not it was covered in the Resist All category?

Since most resist gear seems to be attached to gear with significantly less MEVA than RUN can find in the same slot, I guess there isn't any reason to wear those for most status ailments, but what about something like Resist Death or Resist Charm if they're handled differently? I may not have searched well enough, but I don't really see anything conclusive regarding them.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-05 19:32:05  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Since we're on the topic of "Resist" gear, almost all of the values, how does this halved resist value factor into Death? And does it apply to stuff like Charm which, while I guess is a status ailment, I think there wasn't anything conclusive about whether or not it was covered in the Resist All category?

Since most resist gear seems to be attached to gear with significantly less MEVA than RUN can find in the same slot, I guess there isn't any reason to wear those for most status ailments, but what about something like Resist Death or Resist Charm if they're handled differently? I may not have searched well enough, but I don't really see anything conclusive regarding them.
In regards to the Death spell. It doesn't have a magic evasion check and resist all status gear does not work on it either. The only thing that's going to keep death from killing you if the spell fires is actual resist death gear.

As for the halved on NMs thing. Firstly, only NM monsters ever cast Death. There are no normal monsters capable of using the spell. So there's nothing we could ever test a non NM value on.

And second, the only death resist tests I've ever seen done, are my own for shadow ring, Reference link.(I also did some testing for resist all gear vs death here.) Shadow ring however, doesn't have a stated value in the item description, so I couldn't say if it was being halved or not. But if it was being reduced then the base value would have been a whopping 50%. Since the tested value on an NM was 25% proc rate.

Further tests on one of the newer stated value death resist pieces could answer this question. Feel free to test! XD
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-05 19:36:04  

I think Death needs either resist "Death" on it, I am pretty sure Death is not an ailement so the only way to resist it is by getting a very low chance of resisting the spell entirely, not quite sure if it's possible though, idk.
You know how you can resist an entire Stone VI, similar to that.

And I did some light testing, and I say light because I ran it through Martel on BG wiki discord and both agreed it was a small sample size, but still might be worth noting. (This does not count Pflug as it was not up the majority of the time).
With Tenebrae runes x3.
I personally believe a Mastered RUN with gear similar to what I used, will be capped M.Eva for almost all mobs in the game with the exception of Wave 3, maybe T4s when it comes to resisting Charm.

The numbers I did get with resisting Charm was on a maxed out level Vir'ava, which is 5 level ups if you were wondering. I resisted 138 uses of Charm out of 139. So only 1 use of that actually landed. (I was only testing while farming my stuff, those pops are expensive. I'm too lazy to farm delve.)
I need to do more testing on level 150 mobs such as Schah, I only have a very low amount of numbers for him being 1/40 as of Right now, so can't say if capped M.eva or not.

TL:DR
Turms cap vs Volte cap comes into it when you need more M.eva or you are capped M.eva and want to stack more status resist + up since they are calculated differently. I don't think it's work giving the M.eva up in my opinion because you will rarely be capped on M.eva without 3 runes of one element up.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-05 19:36:53  
Well, Bhoots and Poroggos cast Death as regular monsters, don't they?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-05 19:39:21  
The Bhoots that I'm aware of that will cast Death are either salvage NMs or beseiged mobs. Did you have a specific mob in mind?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-05 19:41:01  
A good way to test, if anyone might be interested.
Aman trove!
He is guaranteed to cast Death on a timed basis, right? why not bring a WHM to raise when testing the value of Resist Death?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-05 20:11:20  
Probably better off testing on Angra mainyu, like I did. He literally does nothing but spam Death after you trigger chainspell even after de-agroing. And he's utterly harmless aside from that. It's just death die/resist, RR, tag, death over and over.

The trove box is much higher level and harder to deal with, has a shorter battlefield limit, and consumes a limited resource(orbs/vouchers.) Although I guess it spares you from needing to run through dynamis glacier, and you don't have to farm a pop item. But neither of those are hard.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-05 21:05:52  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The Bhoots that I'm aware of that will cast Death are either salvage NMs or beseiged mobs. Did you have a specific mob in mind?

Cast was a bad word I guess, but Perdition by Bhoots is Death and I know regular version of them can use it. I think Resist Death works on variants outside of the spell or at least I would use Death gear when fighting Arch-Dynamis Lord and I assumed it helped with his death-proc rate for his TP attack.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-05 21:40:54  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Cast was a bad word I guess, but Perdition by Bhoots is Death and I know regular version of them can use it. I think Resist Death works on variants outside of the spell or at least I would use Death gear when fighting Arch-Dynamis Lord and I assumed it helped with his death-proc rate for his TP attack.
Yeah, I would have agreed with you on perdition as they can use that.

But, before I saw this little clarification of yours, I'd already made my way out to Arrapago and found a Bhoot to test on. Supposedly there's 2 but I could only find the one.

And I held it till it ran out of mp casting spells on me. It cast various ice based spells, but never cast death.

So I killed it then started on the repop once it was up. Interestingly... the second one liked to use perdition. It used it surprisingly often. And it is in fact the only TP moves this guy would use. I'm puzzled at how it was getting TP that fast. I'm not certain what caused this behavior... Oh, maybe it's cause I actually bothered maintaining buffs on the first one, so all the spells were hitting 0 and it couldn't get TP via occult acumen? Anyway.

On Perdition specifically, I support the idea that resist death gear works on it. And that it, like the death spell does not have a resist check. Cause it killed me every single time it hit me when I wasn't wearing any resist death gear. PLD may not have amazing meva, but vs a lvl 81~82 mob? And I was wearing a few pieces of Volte. However, once I locked in Shadow ring and Eihwaz ring Perdition started "Missing" a good portion of the time. I've have to check my logs for sample sizes, but it's definitely on the small side.

The resist!

And the much more common, me dead.

While my main was getting repeatedly murdered by a tattered floating burlap sack... I sent my mule off to Mamook to play with the Poroggos.

Short version is that I held a group of 8 poroggos till they ran out of MP twice and never saw a Death cast. The second group I spammed banishga on to feed TP so they could use Providence. The only providence specific spells I saw were Breakga, Graviga, and Blindga. No Death casts.

Now this is by no means conclusive, but if they can cast death it is raaaare as hell.

So, I feel that the statement that only NMs cast the Death spell does stand, however here we have a non NM that can use a type of instant death attack that does seem to be affected by resist Death gear. And is thus an option for testing on non NMs.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-11-05 21:50:36  
Though different, yet slightly in the same ball park... have you considered testing doom resistance?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-05 22:14:03  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Though different, yet slightly in the same ball park... have you considered testing doom resistance?
Like, to see if resist all status gear works on it?

Whatever the case, doom is.. pretty annoying to test, as I learned in detail from cursna testing. The best test method so far for cursna was actually having a BLU in brenner/Balista Mortal Ray another player over and over. But PVP has.. issues when it comes to testing status resist gear.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-11-05 22:59:10  
Generally speaking, in terms of meva/resist set, I prefer to do full swaps (Augmented Aettir/Irenic +1) for anything that might debuff you. With that being said there is a floor/ceiling cap for meva which I personally prefer to stack meva first, but with some of the volte gear, AF +3 legs, and hearty earring I will swap those in depending on buffs (runes/barspells and possible vex/attunement/carols). Not always the solution, however in my experience it has worked out great.

ItemSet 355626