New Impeachment Scam Thread. Nice People Only.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29
By fonewear 2019-11-23 09:45:25  
I learned to love again does that count ?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-23 09:47:32  
Oz, the republicans spent decades, and a few hundred million of the taxpayer's dollars demonizing the Clintons.

They think it was money, and time, well spent.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-23 10:26:38  
Viciouss said: »
Well, in not so shocking news, it is now being reported by the NYT that Horowitz concluded the launch of the investigation into Russian interference was completely justified, and specifically, the targeting of Carter Page was appropriate. How disappointing this must be for the alt-right, who have been promising a devastating report for the Democrats. Its going out with a whimper. I wonder if Fox will even bother reporting this?

CNN has the story

This mythical alt right I've never met someone in person. That identified as "alt right". It's like a buzz word that the media uses to demonize all Trump supporters.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-23 10:29:01  
I wonder if any of you have done independent research or do you just believe everything you read.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-23 12:36:23  
fonewear said: »
I wonder if any of you have done independent research or do you just believe everything you read.
I don't wonder, since it's obvious when anyone does search for their own info here instead of just regurgitate from places that affirm their own ideas
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-23 12:44:28  

I don't believe everything I read, but I don't understand why we're worrying about Trump when some dude named Sauron is amassing hordes of creatures in preparation for war somewhere in the Southeast. Like, get your priorities straight, people.

Also:

[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-23 12:53:25  
Hooray! Giuliani is back on the airwaves!
By fonewear 2019-11-23 12:54:37  
I'm shocked it made it to 29 pages without being locked.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-23 12:54:59  
I think that is a far better policy than shutting down PnR all together just lock threads at a certain page number.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-23 12:55:51  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I don't wonder, since it's obvious when anyone does search for their own info here instead of just regurgitate from places that affirm their own ideas

I don't have to worry about that because I don't read anything.

And if I do it would only be the headline not the actual article.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-23 14:00:26  
Lol, time is up, we’ve all handed our papers in. Will we pass the test of the tone police?

One wonders why they care so much. Do they really believe politics wont ever spill over into other threads if they scuttle the ship?

How could they possibly nuke all these friendships we’ve all come to enjoy?
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-23 14:49:26  
So, I was going to wait until tonight, but clearly it's time to get to work.

Nausi said: »
tone police

Man, *** you. This section is almost single-handedly responsible for nuking what income the site actually gets - and it's why there's still no ads in the forum section. It was a mistake to not crack down on the tone even more than I have.

Nausi said: »
One wonders why they care so much

Let's take a look at the list of side effects from the fact that this place can't keep its *** to a dull roar:

- no ads on forum pages, so less site revenue despite said pages being computationally the most expensive parts of the site
- dev time to put in restrictions around post counts because people like Altima couldn't let things go and made a hundred alts
- dev time to remove edits
- dev time to add section bans
- sifting through the endless reports that I get, either through the formal report system or PM/email
- having to explain the double standard that gets set when we don't let EVERY section act like savage idiots

On top of all of that, there is the lost opportunity cost in other site improvements that I don't get to because I'm sick of dealing with this crap. Seriously, y'all are why I left for almost a year, and why the XIV side got one big update to get it up to speed and then nothing. Every time I logged in and had spare time I had some P+R *** to listen to. People seek me out about this crap, and it's exhausting.

The worst of it is, I think having this section can in a lot of ways be constructive, because as you said, people are going to want to talk about such things somewhere, so better to keep it in its spot. The problem is that some of y'all can't behave. Like, ten seconds after I had closed the RP+R thread and said to cool it down, you show up with a trolly topic subject. Criminy.

All of those things might still be forgiven, if - IF! - any actual debate or discussion was happening here. But there isn't - it's two separate echo chambers, occasionally launching barbs at each other. It's pointless, and there's no justification to keep this section going if that's all that's going to happen. Some of that is a reflection of modern politics, which has polarized the population to extreme levels, but some of it is just people being ***. And hey, it's still a free country, so you can be *** all you like, but I don't have to let you do it here.

So, for now, until I think of - or someone suggests to me - a real solution, the following:

- No new P+R threads until Monday at the earliest. Someone who can write a headline without deliberately trying to piss me off should start it.
- Nausi has been section banned, with an additional suspension on top of it. You are by far the worst remaining offender here, and I'm sick of reading it. P+R accounts for over 90% of your posts here; you aren't really a member of the community except so far as you can yell about the dirty libruls or something. Take that *** to Twitter.

There will be no appeals to either of those. Anyone who whines can join him.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29