フォーラム » FFXI » General » Packetgate - Results
Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 29 30 31
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 00:09:16  
if the hot and cold game is on here are my guesses:
-mars/venus orb is equip/throwable
-cast cure on chests
-bst ability gauge

does it require a specific job and/or subjob?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 00:11:34  
Shichishito said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Hard to get bored of something you can bot
my argument was to remove all shortcuts, not just RMT. i even drew you a chart man.

Your argument would literally kill the game in its entirety, and is physically impossible.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-19 00:13:51  
widescan it
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 00:13:58  
Your argument would literally kill the game in its entirety, and is physically impossible.
whut?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 00:14:27  
Caerda said: »
Its a simple game mechanic that almost everyone overlooks and wouldn't think of. Good luck figuring it out.

Either explain it or admit you dont know. The pronoun game is never a valid argument to make.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 00:15:05  
whut?

Removing all third party tools would kill the game. Pretty straight forward.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-19 00:21:01  
Low quality bait, or some cheesy bs like 'kill the mimic'. There's no trove exploit afaik
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 00:25:47  
i never argued to remove all 3rd party tools, they can leave windower and most of its basic addons untouched. you didn't even look at the chart i drew for you.
; ;
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 00:49:27  
i never argued to remove all 3rd party tools, they can leave windower and most of its basic addons untouched. you didn't even look at the chart i drew for you.
; ;

Chart doesnt really mean anything. Mercs will still exist even without RMT. And you cant remove botting without removing third party programs altogether, which will never happen. Hell, im pretty sure banning botters would make ffxi unprofitable, or at least not worth the upkeep. Especially given they likely wouldnt differentiate between botting and gearswap/ashitacast, given they automate a lot and streamline things.
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 01:02:07  
Chart doesnt really mean anything. Mercs will still exist even without RMT. And you cant remove botting without removing third party programs altogether, which will never happen. Hell, im pretty sure banning botters would make ffxi unprofitable, or at least not worth the upkeep. Especially given they likely wouldnt differentiate between botting and gearswap/ashitacast, given they automate a lot and streamline things.
no you
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-19 01:41:43  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Low quality bait, or some cheesy bs like 'kill the mimic'. There's no trove exploit afaik
Pretty confident there is something bout it.
Could be about the time when you enter/trade the orb, or something else to do inside the BC, but pretty confident there is a trick and that some people have found it out for a while.

Someone tell me I beg of you! I'm tired of losing lot on Ashera Harness Q_Q
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-19 01:50:13  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
like voidwalkers, see if it has a shadow.
use of set of thief's tools, living key, or skeleton key instead of clicking may tell you if it's the mimic without popping the NM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By abknight 2019-11-19 02:27:21  
Its a simple game mechanic that almost everyone overlooks and wouldn't think of. Good luck figuring it out.

Attempt to open while invis.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2019-11-19 03:19:50  
@Caerda weak trolling attempt.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-19 03:30:13  
Has nothing to do with the actual mimic.
always in front of us... s/r, clock, radar, HP, MP, TP, & chat.
geigei said: »
@Caerda weak trolling attempt.
Wishing he didn't respond. It's going to be impossible to keep this going now.
By Felgarr 2019-11-19 03:41:38  
1.) Is it the passive glowing twinkle effect on the chests? Does a mimic twinkle/shine differently or more/less frequently?

2.) Is it related to the game hour/minute you entered?
 Asura.Xalyia
サーバ: Asura
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2019-11-19 04:31:56  
Pretty sure its a troll attempt...Greyson himself says, "Obviously, you won't know whether a particular wooden chest is the mimic or not until you open it, so in the end, it pretty much comes down to sheer luck."
By Unzero 2019-11-19 06:56:40  

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-11-19 07:13:12  
Here's the mimic trick:
- Open the chest

BOOM you found out if it's the mimic
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-19 07:16:19  
Anyone have been consistently killing mimic?

It was accepted in terms of chests it doesnt do anything, but can we garantee that the mimic itself doesnt drop anything?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By geigei 2019-11-19 07:33:54  
DirectX said: »
I've just worked it out. Omg this is epic.
Should i grab popcorn?
By tyalangan 2019-11-19 08:35:18  
You guys just have to think about what type of person would post about such an interesting find and not explain the methods. These people either need to make things up for attention or a laugh because they aren’t getting it in other areas of their lives and/or they want to have a sense of power. By dangling the candy in front of your face pulling it away anytime you reach for it they are achieving this. Even worse they could sell the items you need to go test these wild theories you have as they make a profit off your gullibility. Either way they are a rotten internally. You can make IRL money and Gil off this event so no one will tell you, unfortunately. I say All this from learning the hard way.

Best to ignore these people. Honestly, you have a better chance of an answer ignoring them as their need for attention will go unquenched and they may actually post how to find it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Unzero 2019-11-19 10:28:28  
The only reason I hoped for a trick is cause I have picked the mimic first box the last three consecutive months.

If anything, maybe I found the trick!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-11-19 10:48:43  
I just want to know how hard I'm being trolled
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 10:56:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I just want to know how hard I'm being trolled

Probably a couple stacks worth
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-11-19 13:45:34  
Pantafernando said: »
Anyone have been consistently killing mimic?

It was accepted in terms of chests it doesnt do anything, but can we garantee that the mimic itself doesnt drop anything?

As far as I can tell, killing the mimic is the same as if you had opened the middle chest to end it. You just get the stuff you wouldve gotten had you ended the run instead of opening another box. The mimic itself doesnt drop anything, it just is there to ruin your day if you choose him. He's a pain and generally not worth it to kill as his mechanics are very annoying (basically have to lulliby his KO move before he gets it off consistently then some other mechanic with ws/skillchains based off of what he's doing). Disclaimer: I've only see it done on stream and chatted about how annoying he is. Seems it's really not something SE intends people to kill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 29 30 31