That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 60 61 62
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-20 15:04:40  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
...I even quoted the whole thing so as not to upset you.

?

You did, that’s good. That doesn’t mean you didn’t take my quote out of context.... Unless your second paragraph about Trump and disability was completely serious and not a joke, in which case I’d be worried about your mental state.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-20 16:03:35  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

?

You did, that’s good. That doesn’t mean you didn’t take my quote out of context.... Unless your second paragraph about Trump and disability was completely serious and not a joke, in which case I’d be worried about your mental state.

Thank you for your hurr durr concern.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-20 17:36:52  
So many feels..so little facts..

Hope you enjoy 5 more years of Trump cause that all Trump supporters are racist ***is what killed you guys the first time. Keep doing republican work.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-12-20 19:23:50  
When you have to throw in "was essentially," do you at least squirm knowing you're about to insert your opinion and try to play it off as a fact?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2019-12-21 02:07:00  

?

The Democrats impeached their President.

Isn't it interesting, then, that none of his millions upon millions of supporters, the "violent, racist, misogynistic, white nationalists" tipped so much as a single car, broke not even a single window and didn't shove so much as a single cop in response? They're supposed to be the most-violent, unhinged people in the country, people who are hanging on to the last thread of their sanity, people who do nothing but buy guns and ammo and read conspiracy theories all day.

The Democrats impeached their President through a means that every single one of them considers wildly unconstitutional and hyper-partisan, and not a single one of them went rioting. It's kind of a weird narrative, isn't it?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-21 09:10:10  
Trump’s Not Richard Nixon. He’s Andrew Johnson.
Mother Jones

Deep article on the impeachment of Andrew Johnson. Its a part of history that I never studied and I find it fascinating.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-21 10:33:56  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump’s Not Richard Nixon. He’s Andrew Johnson.
Mother Jones

Deep article on the impeachment of Andrew Johnson. Its a part of history that I never studied and I find it fascinating.

Donald Trump is Donald Trump. End of story.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-21 11:55:06  
fonewear said: »
America is racist mostly cause of those evil white people.

If we were all Native Americans we would go back to being not racist....or something !

This is a strawman, of course.

Odin.Slore said: »

Hope you enjoy 5 more years of Trump cause that all Trump supporters are racist ***is what killed you guys the first time. Keep doing republican work.

Which 2020 Dem is running on the "Trump voters are racism" aka "deplorables" plank? Biden and Sanders in particular being two of the three front runners shows that the Democratic Party continues to understand the role which losing the support of the white working class voters, especially in Rust Belt states, played in the 2016 election.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-21 12:01:33  
Ragnarok.Corres said: »

?

Isn't it interesting, then, that none of his millions upon millions of supporters, the "violent, racist, misogynistic, white nationalists" tipped so much as a single car, broke not even a single window and didn't shove so much as a single cop in response? They're supposed to be the most-violent, unhinged people in the country, people who are hanging on to the last thread of their sanity, people who do nothing but buy guns and ammo and read conspiracy theories all day.

The Democrats impeached their President through a means that every single one of them considers wildly unconstitutional and hyper-partisan, and not a single one of them went rioting. It's kind of a weird narrative, isn't it?

That level of rioting takes organization and planning skills which the Trump supporters lack. I don't think anyone expected any of that to happen.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-21 12:10:38  
Asura.Sirris said: »

If we were all Native Americans we would go back to being not racist....or something !

Odin.Slore said: »

Which 2020 Dem is running on the "Trump voters are racism" aka "deplorables" plank? Biden and Sanders in particular being two of the three front runners shows that the Democratic Party continues to understand the role which losing the support of the white working class voters, especially in Rust Belt states, played in the 2016 election.

And yet they're playing the impeachment card which is polling poorly among the Rust Belt states. It seems to me that the Democrat party is trying to appeal to their rabid base and moderates alike, even though those groups are becoming more and more diametrically opposed with time.

If you pay attention to Obama lately, he's been subtly trying to undermine both Sanders and Biden with his public statements. If there's a strategy among Dems, it's not very coherent.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-21 12:56:52  
And yet they're playing the impeachment card which is polling poorly among the Rust Belt states. It seems to me that the Democrat party is trying to appeal to their rabid base and moderates alike, even though those groups are becoming more and more diametrically opposed with time.

It's their primary system, they *must* win over the hyper partisan SJW types in order to win the Primary. If they were level headed and spoke in moderation they would be treated like Tulsi Gabbard was. The Democrats been forcing out the single Candidate who had a good chance at beating Trump in 2020.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-21 15:11:05  

You don't know Fone do you?

... If there's a strategy among Dems, it's not very coherent.
A strategy?

How many dems are running for president? Multiply by 10 for the minimum number of stratagems.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-12-21 17:51:50  

?

That level of rioting takes organization and planning skills which the Trump supporters lack. I don't think anyone expected any of that to happen.
Please tell us, what part of destroying your own neighborhood, looting your locally owned businesses, and punching people, requires planning?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-22 00:35:29  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

?

Please tell us, what part of destroying your own neighborhood, looting your locally owned businesses, and punching people, requires planning?

Not a lot at all, but clearly too much for those that came up with the idea.
By fonewear 2019-12-23 12:34:33  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

You don't know Fone do you?

... If there's a strategy among Dems, it's not very coherent.
A strategy?

How many dems are running for president? Multiply by 10 for the minimum number of stratagems.

I can't decide which is worse Tom something. Or Mike Bloomberg.

It's the bad of the irrelevant candidates !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-23 13:39:08  
Merry Christmas game. Remember to make your time with your family awkward by bringing up impeachment over Christmas.

No one gets to open presents till they discuss the pros and cons of impeaching Trump !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-23 13:39:18  
Merry Christmas gang *
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-23 15:35:22  
kireek said: »
Merry Christmas!

Here is a suitably festive image.

What's crazy about this is Yang is not gay...but if he keeps doing things like this makes...well who knows !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2019-12-23 20:35:29  
Here's something somewhere else wrote, I enjoyed it.
The one legitimate question the left raised after the election was, "how could the average American identify with a NYC billionaire?"

Because that billionaire rages at the smug journos who act like entitled aristocracy. He orders Big Macs for parties when he needs to tighten his belt. He vents at morons like Pelosi when they do stupid things, but he still sends Christmas cards to people who might just be tagging along with a bad leader. He calls fat celebrities fat, jokes about his wives blowing money on purses, and praises his buddies with transparently exaggerated enthusiasm. He gets two scoops when he damn well feels like it.

Make no mistake, Trump is a blowhard narcissist, but in a city of lizard people and gormless bureaucrats, that makes him human. It's kind of depressing the bar is that low, but it is. And while some of these are just showmanship and photo ops, they feel more organic than the staged stuff like Obama drinking beer or Hillary Clinton lugging hot sauce in her purse.

Merry Christmas everyone.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-23 21:48:59  
Quote:
Make no mistake, Trump is a blowhard narcissist, but in a city of lizard people and gormless bureaucrats, that makes him human. It's kind of depressing the bar is that low, but it is. And while some of these are just showmanship and photo ops, they feel more organic than the staged stuff like Obama drinking beer or Hillary Clinton lugging hot sauce in her purse.

I think I've said that quite often. The left is so used to worshiping their own messiahs that they never stopped to think others wouldn't view people that way.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-26 07:53:13  
MSN poll tracking has Trump at 55% approval for being removed, 40% against. Still don't think it will happen.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-26 09:14:12  
The question I want to see in a poll, which I have seen just once, is "trial with witnesses." I saw it last week, it was 54 - 27 for.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2019-12-27 11:38:14  
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-27 11:59:56  

It won’t. And considering that Trump’s approval is averaging over 44% across all major pollsters, there’s no reason to believe the MSN tracking poll.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-27 12:05:43  

It won’t. And considering that Trump’s approval is averaging over 44% across all major pollsters, there’s no reason to believe the MSN tracking poll.

Not anywhere near 44%. Scroll a bit and expand all the polls. More like 40%-41%
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-27 12:14:57  

Not anywhere near 44%. Scroll a bit and expand all the polls. More like 40%-41%

Also, how the adjustment works for each poll (from linked article):

Polls are adjusted for house effects, which are persistent differences between the poll and the trend line. Rasmussen Reports, for example, has consistently shown much better approval ratings for Trump than other pollsters have, while Gallup’s have been slightly worse. The house effects adjustment counteracts these tendencies. So, a recent Rasmussen Reports poll that showed Trump at 50 percent approval and 50 percent disapproval was adjusted by the model to 45 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval.8 Meanwhile, a recent Gallup poll that had him at 43 percent approval and 52 percent disapproval was adjusted to 44 percent approval and 50 percent disapproval. After adjusting for house effects, therefore, these polls — which had seemed to be in considerable disagreement with each other — are actually telling a fairly consistent story.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 60 61 62