Ebay

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Ebay
First Page 2
By Draylo 2019-11-30 13:51:45  
Does anyone have buying experience on Ebay? I have recently gone there to buy some small collectible things. I have bought them a few times now from various sellers but after looking at my purchase history I noticed something I would consider a scam. So the items are small and cost 5 dollars each, then I look at see the shipping is 5 dollars... per item. I bought a few and they were all from the same seller, and he charged me 5 dollars per item and shipped them all in the same box!! Is this a scam or is that something Ebay sellers are allowed to do?

I tried googling it but was curious if anyone here has seen that before.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 13:59:06  
It's not a scam, but it's certainly rude of the seller. Leave appropriate feedback and move on.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-30 14:04:45  
For the most part it's been fine for me. I've had no issues with various misc house ***that's been unavailable in Canada, or the few video games I've purchased. I did purchase a flash drive that was advertised as 32GB back in the day, and when it arrived, there was only 8GB of data available, even though the drive itself was marked 32GB. I put in a complaint to the Ebay department, and got refunded. A couple other things I've reached out to their customer service like tshirts and stuff, and have had a lot of help with refunds and whatnot.

I've messaged sellers on different items, and they usually reply back. I can see paying more for shipping on multiple items in the same box, but not a flat rate like that from your seller. It does seem like they're trying to make a few extra bucks, I'd just message their customer service, they've always been good to me.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2019-11-30 14:06:55  
i don't think there's any way to have an option to bundle / discount shipping of multiple separate items on ebay, perhaps you could message them beforehand and they can work it out with you in the future? i was able to do that on etsy when i was buying multiple small keychains and was getting charged shipping on each one, the seller was able to work something on their end

perhaps you can contact ebay support (i heard it's pretty difficult to actually get help though) and maybe they can issue a refund
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-30 14:08:21  
Draylo said: »
Does anyone have buying experience on Ebay? I have recently gone there to buy some small collectible things. I have bought them a few times now from various sellers but after looking at my purchase history I noticed something I would consider a scam. So the items are small and cost 5 dollars each, then I look at see the shipping is 5 dollars... per item. I bought a few and they were all from the same seller, and he charged me 5 dollars per item and shipped them all in the same box!! Is this a scam or is that something Ebay sellers are allowed to do?

I tried googling it but was curious if anyone here has seen that before.
Next time, instead of paying. First add the items to the cart. Then message the seller, requesting a new invoice for the total purchase with newly calculated shipping.
Jetackuu said: »
It's not a scam, but it's certainly rude of the seller. Leave appropriate feedback and move on.
Not rude at all. The seller cannot do anything about this cost once the buyer has already paid. Like I said above, you would have to secure the items in cart (no one can buy them out from under you at this point), and request an invoice.

I hope this helps!

My info source: I am an ebay seller/buyer.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:09:40  
A. it sounds like that flash drive was partitioned, not defective. B. Nothing customer service can/should do, the seller shipped all of the items to the buyer, the transaction was completed. The only thing that CAN be done is 1. Request the buyer refund some of the shipping cost (they don't have to but it would be good customer service on their part of so. 2. Leave a negative review under the shipping portion and move on with your life.

Even then it should be on the buyer to request that they combine shipping if buying multiple items, before purchase.
 Asura.Slyshenx
サーバ: Asura
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-11-30 14:10:10  
I don't think it's illegal, and they can charge whatever they'd like for shipping. It's definitely frowned upon. Like those companies you see everywhere offering free items, but charge like 20$ shipping, that's because they put the price of the item into the shipping cost in order to make you think you're paying for the shipping rather than the actual item. I do not use Ebay, and never have because it looks extremely easy to be scammed. Amazon or nothing, for me.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:10:21  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Not rude at all.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, obviously others don't agree.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:11:32  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
i don't think there's any way to have an option to bundle / discount shipping of multiple separate items on ebay, perhaps you could message them beforehand and they can work it out with you in the future? i was able to do that on etsy when i was buying multiple small keychains and was getting charged shipping on each one, the seller was able to work something on their end

perhaps you can contact ebay support (i heard it's pretty difficult to actually get help though) and maybe they can issue a refund

You can combine shipping and issue an invoice for it, the instructions are available publicly as well.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-30 14:14:16  
Not rude at all.
Read the whole thing i posted.
The seller has no control of the matter if you already paid and did not communicate to the seller.
The seller would have to cancel your order, and send you a new invoice to fix the matter. And that, my friend, is onlt by your own request. Doing this without your request, would likely leave you in the dark as to what is happening, and the seller with an item in cart-limbo...
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:15:15  
Not rude at all.
Read the whole thing i posted.
The seller has no control of the matter if you already paid and did not communicate to the seller.
The seller would have to cancel your order, and send you a new invoice to fix the matter. And that, my friend, is onlt by your own request. Doing this without your request, would likely leave you in the dark as to what is happening, and the seller with an item in cart-limbo...
I read the whole thing, it's not really relevant.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-30 14:16:18  
it’s completely relevant... i just told you guys how to request combined shipping
By Draylo 2019-11-30 14:16:32  
I am so used to amazon which makes it 100% easier... Ebay is def easy to be scammed on and even though you wouldn't consider this a scam its highly unethical. How can't you see that someone bought 4 items from you (I just checked my history and a different seller had 9 of them and charged me each item to be shipped... each item came the same box) and you don't realize you charged them for shipping?

I've seen similar on Etsy but I just started to get things from there and the sellers were kind when I sent an email. So far this guy on ebay is willing to do it for me, but as I search thru my history I keep seeing more and more where this happen, so annoyed.

I also had an incident where a figure was damaged when I got it, I contacted the guy to return and he says just use glue. I said well, its not my fault so I like to return it, and he said okay and we went through ebays return process but he wont provide a label. So I have to pay to ship it to China.. just seems like a lot of underhand processes go on or I am so used to Amazon.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-30 14:18:04  
A. it sounds like that flash drive was partitioned, not defective.

No. It was an 8GB drive marked as 32GB.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:18:13  
it’s completely relevant... i just told you guys how to request combined shipping
Yet it isn't, and I already know how.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:19:15  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Unlikely.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-30 14:20:19  
My answer was directed at the OP. Not you.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:21:21  
Then stop replying to me. Or you know: don't reply to me when saying stupid things.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-30 14:22:28  

Unlikely.

Man, what's your problem in this thread? I know what a ***' partition is, bud. How is it so unlikely someone replaced a flash casing advertising it as something else to make more money on someone that doesn't know better?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-30 14:23:32  
Then stop replying to me. Or you know: don't reply to me when saying stupid things.
Clearly, you do not know how ebay works. But I digress
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:23:51  

Unlikely.

Man, what's your problem in this thread? I know what a ***' partition is, bud. How is it so unlikely someone replaced a flash casing advertising it as something else to make more money on someone that doesn't know better?

It's a lot of work for a cheap drive, I don't have a problem just calling out BS when I see it. Also I'm not your "bud," guy.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:24:27  
Clearly, you do not know how ebay works. But I digress

I know exactly how it works, it doesn't change the facts.
By gistofanything 2019-11-30 14:27:42  
Man, can't you people go for at least an hour before getting into arguments and fighting over really stupid stuff? Lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:27:55  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
I heard it's pretty difficult to actually get help though

It's quite easy to get help on an actual problem (actual scam, or seller being unresponsive, etc).

There's no issue with the transaction here, and it isn't the first time it's come up.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-30 14:31:36  
12 years ago when things were more pricey it probably was worth it. I guess stamping a plastic case with fake info is hard.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:37:47  
Pretty sure 32gb drives weren't on the market until 2008, but a timeframe does assist (I'll take this one as my b for assuming more recent.

I remember when 64mb SD cards were MSRP of $69.99, fun times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-11-30 14:53:12  
I normally wouldn't care, but as I am looking through my history for this year this has happened like 10 times... I'm just annoyed that this is possible in 2019, it just seems like a scam to me. Amazon is just so good its hard to imagine everyone else not being like that lol. It only makes sense to me as a seller, if someone buys multiple items at the same time and they are really small that you can easily put them in one box, you don't charge them DOUBLE the cost of the actual product to ship it. I don't know how I didn't notice it but this year I've been buying happy since I found a new hobby in collectibles.
By Draylo 2019-11-30 14:58:05  
I've gone thru and sent a message to all the sellers, lets see who responds. I would get a big refund back lol
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 14:59:26  
I mean if you order multiple things from the same seller on Amazon that all have shipping they most likely won't combine it. The charging for shipping is instant, if you don't want them to then you have to contact them. It's really not that complicated and it's not a scam.
First Page 2