What Heavy DD Would You Pick And Why?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What Heavy DD Would you Pick and Why?
What Heavy DD Would you Pick and Why?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By SimonSes 2020-01-16 11:53:37  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Should we talk about Pizza now

No, but we can talk about BLU having AoE cure stronger than curaga III :)
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-16 11:53:58  
WS Frequency = Attack Speed * Attacks per Round * TP Gained from Attacks
WS Damage = Frequency * Damage * Attack Multipier
Total Damage = Melee Damage + WS Damage

[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-16 11:57:12  
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Damn, I forgot BLU doesn't get any job traits or equipment that allows it to generate more damage. It also definitely doesn't use a weapon that increases WS frequency with low execution time in endgame content either.

Tbh I also think that BLU damage potential is lower than for example MNK, but like you nicely and sarcastically pointed out, it has nothing to do with innate traits, because BLU has tons of them.
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-01-16 12:01:28  
Me: Asks innocent Question
Forum: Provides General feedback
Me: Ok thanks guys! *goes to sleep*
Forum: WWIII STARTS HERE ***
Me Waking up: O.O;

LMAO. Thanks for all the input- It gave me a bunch to think about. i think warrior is gonna be the winner here for now. thankfully war gear can translate to other jobs for the most part so if i turn out not liking war, i'll have options.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-16 12:01:54  
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-16 12:04:21  
@hideka,

This is true ffxi endgame. Stop playing and just theorycraft or shoot on other theories.

When in doubt, blame PS2 limitations.

Your 2 hour is "blame SE".
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-01-16 12:06:00  
"Heavy DD" has a meaning though originally it got that name because the pure DD jobs used heavy armor. Now it's just a short hand for jobs who's specific purpose is offensive in nature and they actually success at that purpose. This is importing in game balance because Hybrid jobs, jobs with multiple facets, suffer from spreading themselves out too much. It's a question of damage ceilings in common melee DPS orientated setups.

With all do respect, the whole post is pointless and has nothing to do with what you quoted me on.

The usual is expected, walls of text about how knowledgeable one is with the history of this dying game and nothing of significance is added to their responses.

Semantics aside, the lack of knowledge when it comes to “other” DPS jobs is quite noticeable across these forums, and again the argument still stands: these days, none of the classes that are able to deal damage matter DPS wise, what matters is how tactical you are during the fight.

Literally, every class has a JP button now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-16 12:08:02  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Insult our utility DD love all you want. Talk down to hybrid jobs. Insist on specialization like the parts of a car not the emotions of snowflakes playing DNC.

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

With all do respect
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-16 12:12:18  
SimonSes said: »
WHM is needed because neither RDM nor SCH have decent aoe heals

That party has BLU. You played BLU and you don't know it has AoE heal that is probably more potent than curaga III?

Also a stoudt regen set goes a long way for SCH as main healer.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-16 12:12:54  
I normally take 18 monks to do end game.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-16 12:13:00  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »

LMAO. Thanks for all the input- It gave me a bunch to think about. i think warrior is gonna be the winner here for now. thankfully war gear can translate to other jobs for the most part so if i turn out not liking war, i'll have options.

You've opened Pandora's Box.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-16 12:17:08  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

That party has BLU. You played BLU and you don't know it has AoE heal that is probably more potent than curaga III?

Yeah pretty much between Regen V, Phalanx and White Wind staying alive would be the least problem of this party.

But no! They will all die, because no curaga III.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-16 12:17:55  

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-16 12:17:59  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Yeah pretty much between Regen V, Phalanx and White Wind staying alive would be the least problem of this party.

But no! They will all die, because no curaga III.
nah, they all die because they can't "exploit" the ai by doing enough damage
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-01-16 12:18:32  
Quote:

Honestly it would be a lot better if it were a muffin button instead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-01-16 12:24:12  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Honestly it would be a lot better if it were a muffin button instead.

Even more reason to play mnk
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 12:24:47  
Asura.Elizabet said: »
People just want the easy "just do this 1 things and it'll always be good all the time"...

The thread is titled "What Heavy DD Would you Pick and Why?", the only answer is "Well, that depends..." what's the context?

We're playing Situational Fantasy XI. Without context, pick WAR, it's versatile and easier to gear than most and fits in most strategies.

I think that's what most people said.

The OP asked about playing an offensive focused jobs aka "Heavy DD", so we provided info from those. Then players who liked utility jobs felt left out and had to start moaning about how their favorite job should be included "because reasons".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 12:27:53  

Woah, how the heck did I forget who this was and how did they make it off my blist. Must of been when I was doing cleanup a few months back.

*click* problem solved.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-16 12:32:41  
Friendly Reminder!
You can't blacklist without first making a public statement about how you're doing it. Otherwise everyone will always remember that time you didn't get the last word in with that other person on the internet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-16 12:37:15  
Not arguing about utility jobs, I did say I was nitpicking with BLU. Max BLU damage will compete with the heavies but it will never win, that's all. WS frequency is absurd and WS damage is high and incredibly consistent. It's not a heavy DD but you can at least refrain from spewing *** about it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-01-16 12:39:27  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
Friendly Reminder!
You can't blacklist without first making a public statement about how you're doing it. Otherwise everyone will always remember that time you didn't get the last word in with that other person on the internet.
Hahaha! I don’t ever recall anything about what Saevel said. I think it’s his way to admit defeat..
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-16 12:39:38  
don't recall the last time DPS mattered so much that I couldn't just go as MNK NIN or BLU even when MNK wasn't the best. Going to say never.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-01-16 12:40:00  
i think warrior is gonna be the winner here for now.

Warrior is fun and has a lot of different threads discussing different ways to use it. Enjoy.
[+]
By Torzak 2020-01-16 12:57:30  
I don't really like the term Heavy DD because in yesteryear it basically meant Plate Armor. In today's game, it more often means someone who can lay the smack down. But different people use the term differently and it creates a communication barrier that I perceive to be beyond unnecessary. And it's not something easily controlled because people use different vocabulary to describe the same thing.

I think threads like this often put a lot of focus on certain jobs or certain settings/scenarios that many other jobs and their capabilities get overlooked. That said, it can often be difficult to fully qualify every job's capability, and any suggestions based strictly on numbers are often discounting a huge part of your personality that we know nothing about. If you're looking at a DD job, most DD jobs have a thread maintained in their forum section with extensive write-ups and guides.

Context, fight mechanics, strategy, are all important factors, but it's pretty hard to go wrong playing most of the DD jobs right now. Ninja is probably the weakest of the DD jobs at this moment, but you can still accomplish a lot and do a lot with the job. We don't have much for Patchwerk dps checks in this game (WoW Boss - 6min timer for enrage - was not survivable) and you can always play a support job like BRD or GEO to help get past content you struggle to get invited for on a DD job.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-01-16 13:16:25  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
don't recall the last time DPS mattered so much that I couldn't just go as MNK NIN or BLU even when MNK wasn't the best. Going to say never.

It really doesn't, as you said. However, in any game, there will always be the tryhards who feel you have to be the top "rated" of something just to participate even in trivial content. I've even heard rumors that on some FFXI servers, there is some goofy "if you don't glow, you don't go" (I think that was how it went?) mentality or expect people to have a REMA for even doing CP.

When you start having mentalities like that, this stops being a game and becomes a chore or contest.
[+]
By Prong 2020-01-16 13:31:10  
If I am forced to pick best Heavy D, I think there is no question...going with this guy:

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 13:45:37  
Gotta be Heavy DD

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-16 14:12:48  
[+]