What Food?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » What Food?
What Food?
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-01-21 23:51:31  
What is the most used food for a WHM to use these days for just healing?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-01-22 00:24:39  
<hungry> most common.
AoE from a party member's stewpot next.
bowl of miso ramen after that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-01-26 00:22:55  
mithkabobs?
 Bahamut.Hismena
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hismena 2020-01-26 02:15:21  
Miso Ramen (+1) if you want to survive damage and get a shitload of magic evasion for your food slot.

Tropical Crepe (Crepe des Rois) if you're doing enfeebles on content that matters (but good luck lmao).

Marine Stewpot (Prime Marine Stewpot) if you have multiple people in your party that wants the magic accuracy effect (again, if you're enfeebling and you have no RDM).

If you're feeling cheap and you don't mind some wasted inventory, you can have some Yagudo Drinks for a base Refresh I effect (3/tick); you could also uncurse some Cursed Beverages (don't.) for 7/tick regen and 5/tick refresh.
[+]
 Asura.Unafay
サーバ: Asura
user: Unafae
By Asura.Unafay 2020-01-26 09:16:20  
Mushroom Saute if you need mp MP/mnd +60 MND +6 MP Recovered While Healing +6, this is a 3hr food and good for spamming ambu, stuff where you aren't going to die. If you just need to recover mp/hp use Juglan Jumble cookies. 5 minute food HP Recovered While Healing +5 MP Recovered While Healing +8. I end up using them in dyna as my group hasn't learned what a -dt set it yet >.>
If doing Dyna D and you a good group that isn't going to kill you the Miso is great.

Basically, for me, food depends on your playing style and the people you are with. If I know the group is good I will use the defense foods, if I know they are mp *** then I use the cookies and rest fast and furious, get a good mp recovery set that helps too! Best of luck to ya!
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-01-26 09:43:17  
Quote:
I end up using them in dyna as my group hasn't learned what a -dt set it yet >.>

Some of them have >.>. But yeah, Mushrooms have been a staple of whm since forever. It would be nice to see some new mage foods tbh.
By Nariont 2020-01-26 10:05:44  
miso ramens become a staple unless you need the macc/plan to melee for fun, additional meva for an alrady heavy meva job really helps to dodge any debuffs you might happen to be in range of and the additional def/hp/mdb is nice too
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-26 11:33:14  
Depends what you need and how many of them you plan on spamming. I've found that having higher HP tends to be super useful in not being splated to death by random AoE's. Miso gives +100HP along with a bunch of nice defensive stats, but it's kinda expensive at 150 ~ 200K per stack. A cheap alternative is Carbonara (+175 HP) which the curio moogle sells for 48K per stack. That stuff is also super useful for melee's for much the same reason.

For me personally, if it's a really serious fight where I'm not expecting to get murdered then I'll use Miso. If it's a more casual fight or I expect to be randomly murdered for no good reason (Dynamis) then I'm using Carbonara.

Long long time ago there was Mushroom Stew, and for it's day it was this super awesome food. Since then healer foods haven't really grown much, hell mage foods in general have barely budged. I really wish SE would create more cheap healer foods with stuff like +HP/MP/MND/MEVD and so forth. Put -enmity on it to prevent tanks from abusing it if they are that concerned.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-26 11:44:19  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I end up using them in dyna as my group hasn't learned what a -dt set it yet >.>

Some of them have >.>. But yeah, Mushrooms have been a staple of whm since forever. It would be nice to see some new mage foods tbh.

I'm curious, outside of more macc food, what would you like to see? Personally, I would like a MAB food on par with +atk food that melees get. No, I'm not talking about crazy numbers, but the current levels of +MAB food are paltry.

Foods with +refresh need to give a different +MP icon than standard refresh spell so that it doesn't become obsolete when you get the spell.

What other magey stats are there? Conserve MP? No one gonna get food w/ that unless its a side bonus of some +MP,+macc,etc food- they're not gonna use it just for the Conserve MP. A large -enmity food? Now that I could get behind. But something like -15 enm or more would be fantastic. Fast Cast? A food that broke the FC cap the way that Valiance does would be very interesting, but unless it breaks the cap it's pretty much wasted these days due to the volume of Fast Cast gear.

I think there's just a problem of what kinds of foods are useful to mages. /healing for MP isn't effective or used these days. Between other support jobs, the possibilities for +refresh far outweigh even the most potent +refresh foods by 3-fold. I think the only real possibilities for non-offensive mages is to go with larger HP/MP pools and survivability.
By Nariont 2020-01-26 11:50:32  
clearly we need food that gives magical crit rate/damage
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-01-26 12:26:56  
Quote:
I'm curious, outside of more macc food, what would you like to see? Personally, I would like a MAB food on par with +atk food that melees get. No, I'm not talking about crazy numbers, but the current levels of +MAB food are paltry.

You could give them crazy numbers and it wouldn't break the game. Elemental magic scales very poorly compared to melee damage, and the buffs melees get are stronger too. You could give mages a food with + 150 magic attack and it wouldn't win them any parses. But it would certainly shore up the gaps between free nuke damage and buffed melee damage. That aside, a better healer food would be something with refresh on it instead of healing mana tics, cure potency II instead of mind, and a good chunk of both magic evasion and max hp increases. That would be a proper healer food for the current day and age. And a nuking food with that much magic attack would actually be a proper mage food for the current day and age too. Maybe not 150 magic attack, but certainly 90-100 would be fine.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-27 14:31:22  
Cure Potency II would be pretty cool for a food. I also like the idea of Conserve MP a lot.

I do think a food with 90-100 MAB would be totally OP, though. The thing you have to remember is that would also work for elemental weaponskills, so all a food like that would do is push the elemental WS meta. RNG & COR would benefit especially from such a food. Other stuff like Jinpu might suddenly get really strong, too. MAB is a very strong stat, I understand SE's hesitance to put it on food.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-27 14:48:22  
They could tie it to a specific element -or- hear me out; not let it effect ws at all
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2020-04-22 16:41:23  
I primarily use Prime Marine Stewpots and pop them in Reisenjima for an 8-hour use. Best bang for the buck for most jobs.