Https://ffxi-atlas.com/ - Is Dead?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » https://ffxi-atlas.com/ - is dead?
https://ffxi-atlas.com/ - is dead?
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-07 16:08:54  
So.. I just noticed that https://ffxi-atlas.com/ died..

Does anyone know what happened to this site? who to contact? or maybe how to get the AH site here to take over it? It's been a valued map place for years and a shame to see it go..

Meanwhile.. is there anything that can do its job? an please don't just say to use the wiki or bg site maps.. none of those are setup quite as nice as atlas was an they are a drag to sift thru to resolve things.

Lastly.. if your someone who hates me, a troll, have nothing constructive to add, or just all of that; then please don't reply to this an save everyone else the time.
[+]
 Asura.Superiority
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Superiority 2020-02-07 16:16:21  
*** I am sad its gone. I still used it quite frequently! Coffer chest locations are bae.

Carbuncle.Waterdust said: »
Lastly.. if your someone who hates me, a troll, have nothing constructive to add, or just all of that; then please don't reply to this an save everyone else the time.

Only gonna poke the bear with that....
By Draylo 2020-02-07 16:16:52  
That site was filled with viruses wssnt it?
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-02-07 16:21:52  
Draylo said: »

Was ffxi somepage I think.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-07 17:10:50  
@ Draylo - Not that I ever saw?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-07 17:11:46  
if your someone who hates me

In all seriousness, what were you needing to use that site for? To look up maps in advance of when you got to a zone? You know you can do that through the menu already. There are also dat packs that replace the plain default unmarked zone maps in-game with maps that have had important things noted. If you're not into that, you may want to go around and collect a bunch of maps from whichever FFXI website you prefer between FFXIclopedia or BGwiki and save them all to a folder for your own private use.

Also, if you go to google images and look up "wild dragon chase FFXI", you can find a bunch of marked maps like:

which are just lovely.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-07 17:28:54  
I remember it had something embedded that when clicked it would be a virus, somepage had it too
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-07 17:28:56  
big +1 for wild dragon chase when it comes to ZNM flow charts, Abyssea Maps, etc. They're beautifully illustrated and logical.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-07 17:51:18  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
look up "wild dragon chase FFXI"
Wild Dragon Chase
I've had bookmarked since forever.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-02-07 18:23:57  
There are also dat packs that replace the plain default unmarked zone maps in-game with maps that have had important things noted.

are these up to date? the question was asked in the .DAT thread, but has yet to be answered.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-08 00:27:09  
@ Aeon? - I used that site to link others who lacked maps an better direct them abroad.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2020-02-08 01:31:51  
I remember it had something embedded that when clicked it would be a virus, somepage had it too

It was an issue where these sites would use 3rd party ad services where they would sell ad space to practically anyone. Malicious script was loaded inside of these ads.

fillerbunny9 said: »
are these up to date? the question was asked in the .DAT thread, but has yet to be answered.

I think the last time anyone touched them was for Adoulin zones.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-02-09 07:45:16  

Yes, as well as the somepage website. The playerbase was told many times, multiple times via forums like BG, allakhazam, etc., to stay away from those sites until further notice. This was like 10 or so years ago, though. I haven't visited them since but also haven't heard any stories of anyone being infected by the mentioned pages in quite some time as well.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-09 07:56:04  
More than likely due to the hella improved browser security over the past decade.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-09 09:29:53  
It's the same reason why no one uses the ffxiclopedia anymore. Viruses/cookie spam. The BG wiki doesn't have malware, and isn't slow af.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-09 11:16:31  
if your someone who hates me

In all seriousness, what were you needing to use that site for? To look up maps in advance of when you got to a zone? You know you can do that through the menu already. There are also dat packs that replace the plain default unmarked zone maps in-game with maps that have had important things noted. If you're not into that, you may want to go around and collect a bunch of maps from whichever FFXI website you prefer between FFXIclopedia or BGwiki and save them all to a folder for your own private use.

Also, if you go to google images and look up "wild dragon chase FFXI", you can find a bunch of marked maps like:

which are just lovely.

I cant find any current map .dat packs, please! share a link!
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-02-09 12:34:35  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I cant find any current map .dat packs, please! share a link!
Yeah, they’re pretty well hidden and for good reason. Please don’t share this link: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=ffxi+map+dat+pack
By kaiju9 2020-02-10 12:10:57  
Agree the other map options mentioned here are great.

The one thing I'll say for atlas's layout, is that it seemed to me to be much better suited to answering the question "How do I reach zone M on map 8 of <zone with 10 maps>?" I realize that isn't really a common thing these days, but it was a pain trying to make sense of the QSC maps in 8 tabs the other day, while figuring out how to reach the proto-waypoint. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, and there's a better way. I don't remember if the in-game interface gives an easy way to cycle through maps of a multi-map zone, or if you have to go through the entire menu sequence for each map.