A Rogue’s Guide To The Precious: A New Thief Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » A Rogue’s Guide to the Precious: A New Thief Guide
A Rogue’s Guide to the Precious: A New Thief Guide
 Phoenix.Sevrina
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Sevrina
By Phoenix.Sevrina 2020-02-28 23:17:11  
I think the only time I ever hit SA/TA and it isn't stacked with a WS or using for proc'ing TH, is when fighting Domain Invasion for a sure critical hit landing... As long as I'm not terrorized/slept/paralyzed/dead....
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-28 23:24:56  
It's not just the set, it's the lack of any understanding.

Like really, you don't have a *** clue, but you're writing a new guide. Ok. That's logical. Yeah I guess I have to be the bad guy that says it.

All you have to do is copy and paste from the bg guide with your art (that part is cool, I dig the TH box) and it's all gravy. But the random ***you got in your sets, seriously have to question where you pulled them from and WHY.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-02-29 00:42:54  

When you start reading this guide vs. when you've finished
[+]
 Asura.Dapollyon
user: masterg7
By Asura.Dapollyon 2020-02-29 11:13:29  
For 1 your sa /ta sets have no relevance to the way the ability works the ability stacks said + on to the effect then accounts for the dex / agi at the point of WS"impact" so you only need to change the hands. 2 your ws sets should have the assassins torque and regal ring in practically all of them. and use meghananda feet unless you got some ungodly DM or oseem augs that give you a crap ton of dex acc/att and wsd or crit dmg.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-02-29 13:20:00  
I think the way some people have went off is a bit unwarrented imo. The time and effort in putting a guide together should be given some respect and despite any wrong/misleading info I'd think it'd just be better to politely criticise, not cut the guy's head off. Going all emo on this guy for getting some info wrong is just off putting for someone who may want to try help people but are scared of being heavily criticised.
Like there's being nice and offering criticism, then on the other hand there is being a very outright *** which I don't think is right no matter what is wrong.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-02-29 13:33:49  
forget the contents/accuracy i just want one job guide with a hetero thread title
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-29 14:09:35  
Everyone: Shits on OP for their guide

Also Everyone: No, im not going to make a guide myself, im just gunna complain and say this person is wrong.
 Ragnarok.Hammerskin
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hammerskin 2020-02-29 14:52:43  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Also Everyone: No, im not going to make a guide myself, im just gunna complain and say this person is wrong.

There's already guides with better info than OP supplied. I'm a fan of the layout and artwork, however not everyone can write a guide just because they enjoy a job. The OP shows a lack of understanding and shouldn't be sharing it with the community. I suggest revisiting the old guides, some of which are still up-to-date, and researching every aspect of the job prior to sharing opinions on how to play/gear said job.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-29 15:02:49  
Was a big part of this guide already removed?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-29 16:18:16  

why do people think this mindset is any better? making content and not expecting criticism or corrections is incredibly naive. you'd rather it stay in it's current state and people just accept the misinformation and play like that? most of the guides are aren't even guides to begin with, and this one doesn't even get the "collection of gear under one specific situation" part correct.
[+]
 Fenrir.Drexler
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Drexler 2020-02-29 17:42:25  
I appreciate the effort, but this guide is weak af. People seem to spends at least a couple of months compiling data to make their guides. This one seems like the took the weekend to make.

Edit: If you think you're going to supplant a guide with a "new" one, it should at least be innovative and have at least some new angles
 Phoenix.Sevrina
By Phoenix.Sevrina 2020-02-29 18:02:03  
~~Updated with some of the suggestions!

Will continue to edit and add in the coming days!

Thank you for the feedback!
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-02-29 18:40:11  
Guy creates an incredibly inaccurate guide with little to no understanding of how the job works to be a helpy helpington but in the process can mislead players or pass off bad info, people point out mistakes.

"OMG OMG THIS IS SO TOXIC".

Get the *** outta here with that ***. No one here is 8 years old, take criticism like a man. Even the OP is making corrections and admitting he made mistakes, don't treat him like a baby that ***is gross. Guide is already looking better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-29 18:41:21  
Crossbones said: »
Even the OP is making corrections and admitting he made mistakes, don't treat him like a baby that ***is gross. Guide is already looking better.

Indeed. Keep it up OP!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-29 19:33:54  
Still some stuff that needs to be adjusted, but significantly improved.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-29 19:47:02  
Phoenix.Sevrina said: »
~~Updated with some of the suggestions!

Will continue to edit and add in the coming days!

Thank you for the feedback!

The most important thing that I think people are overlooking is that the OP wishes to keep a maintained and updated guide VS an abandoned / neglected / outdated one. That will be useful to people that just click page 1 post 1 of the guide to look for builds and info; that don't want to come through multiple years worth of dozens of pages.
[+]
By Ehpik 2020-02-29 20:28:23  
Since there’s so much enmity towards the “Sneak Attack / Trick Attack” section in gear, maybe switch it to -DT and Hybrid since you haven’t covered those yet? Could also add some more TP sets to include max tier and atk cap sets.

Def love the fresh look and graphics. Very clean.
 Phoenix.Sevrina
By Phoenix.Sevrina 2020-02-29 20:38:12  
I do intend to add more sets! And will continue to add more details and fix anything that may be incorrect!

Thank you!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-04 08:02:39  
Stop being so toxic, jeeze. He is putting effort to fix it, obviously nobody else cared to make a useful compilation guide. Constructive criticism is great but attacking his intelligence isn’t necessary.
[+]
By Kalmado7 2020-03-04 08:18:19  
The looks of the guide and effort is indeed great. I used to play a ton in the late 00's, but have played somewhat regularly for roughly the last year on a new character I made. Thief was the first job I started to gear and from my experience those gear sets are not very realistic (looking at the "normal" set which is not normal). To put something like Skinflayer and Herc body as something normal to me is extremely unrealistic, with the only saving grace being you can buy those things with DI points. I personally spent months, literally months, every week asking my active 20+ people events five days a week LS to help get Herc body and forget it not dropping, I've never even fought Neak.

Spicyryan's guide on the BG Wiki (and his other guides) are more in line with a base of what to start with and what to try and achieve regarding gear sets. Whether you like him or don't (we've had disagreements on BG) his Thief guide is very well written. OP, may I offer the suggestion to spend some good time reading that guide as well as Ryan's other work to get a feel for guide writing (maybe minus all the puns and what not?!).

I for sure appreciate the effort and hope the constructive criticism will be taken from all sources and the guide will be expanded upon and kept up. I, and I'm sure many other lurkers, do appreciate it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-04 09:05:08  
Kalmado7 said: »
with the only saving grace being you can buy those things with DI points.

No it's not a saving grace, it's a 180 degree change that make those pieces completely viable for "Normal" set. You can make Domain Invasion on 99 naked mule, so there is zero reasons to not put Herculean or Skinflyer in NEW guide as starter items. Your experience is simply outdated.
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-03-04 09:09:51  
SimonSes said: »
Kalmado7 said: »
with the only saving grace being you can buy those things with DI points.

No it's not a saving grace, it's a 180 degree change that make those pieces completely viable for "Normal" set. You can make Domain Invasion on 99 naked mule, so there is zero reasons to not put Herculean or Skinflyer in NEW guide as starter items. Your experience is simply outdated.

ur face is outdated!

Seriously tho, I wouldn't want to waste Domain Invasion points on that crap. Well maybe Jovian Body but that's because that drop was a *** to me many times.

Anything else really can be low-manned with the right setups.
By SimonSes 2020-03-04 11:00:54  
Sylph.Snk said: »
Seriously tho, I wouldn't want to waste Domain Invasion points on that crap.

It's not the point tho. I wouldn't either, I can farm that myself. The point is that's super easy to obtain that way for literally fresh 99 player, so it's definitely can be included in starting sets.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 10:04:02  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

why do people think this mindset is any better? making content and not expecting criticism or corrections is incredibly naive. you'd rather it stay in it's current state and people just accept the misinformation and play like that? most of the guides are aren't even guides to begin with, and this one doesn't even get the "collection of gear under one specific situation" part correct.

Very few people offered any valuable "criticism". Most just said it was ***and that the OP lacked any understanding of the job. That isnt criticism. That is not valuable.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 10:07:47  
Sylph.Snk said: »
Seriously tho, I wouldn't want to waste Domain Invasion points on that crap.

It's not the point tho. I wouldn't either, I can farm that myself. The point is that's super easy to obtain that way for literally fresh 99 player, so it's definitely can be included in starting sets.

Theyre still RNG heavy for augs, so i dont know if id put them in starting sets, or at least provide an alternative route until augments.

Would also likely be a good idea to list minimum augment breakpoints to use.
By SimonSes 2020-03-18 10:20:16  
You dont need perfect augments to make it viable. You actually shouldnt even try for max augment. Its a temporary weapon. Just throw a stack of pellucid on it and call it a day.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-18 10:27:42  
You dont need perfect augments to make it viable. You actually shouldnt even try for max augment. Its a temporary weapon. Just throw a stack of pellucid on it and call it a day.

Herc gear isnt a weapon
By Galkapryme 2020-04-16 15:47:52  
Last Stand question: Do I need to prioritize AGI or Ranged Accuracy? I'm finding that the best AGI gear does not necessarily have R.Acc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.