言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 242 243 244
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 18:59:14  
Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
What's the 4step strategy here to kill fetters after uproot?

Rhino attack <> Rampage will keep doing detonations and scissions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 19:07:56  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
What's the 4step strategy here to kill fetters after uproot?

Rhino attack <> Rampage will keep doing detonations and scissions.
Ya for drk setup Herculean slash > Herculean slash > Burning blade from cor does the 3 step.
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 19:29:53  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
You would think so but no its not the case shell members wanna try it with bst smn combo but your damage is gonna be low I feel I know bst love them some killer effect but its not making up what you lack in damaged compared to something like drk or sam. I went drk and straight up kept normalish TP set on. I would switch to dt set when I pulled hate but other than that kept it like normal.

BST with Killer instinct, merits, trait, Wizard Cookie (bst has a lot of acc, so shouldnt need sushi), Kaidate, Ankusa Helm, Nukumi Gausape +1 will have +26% damage against Mboze and -26%damage taken too and 42% intimidation rate (24%/24%/39% during TP, since you wouldnt use Ankusa Helm +3 for TP).

With Crystal Blessing you actually have +880TP with Fencer, so you can probably use any Axe and use Mistral Axe as WS (Pangu path B for better TP and 75% SBII during TP and WS or Aymur for AM3).

Overall I think you should have enough damage.

Hate dump isnt an issue tbh and the 70% subtle blow only seems to really work before 50% after that he just does it when he wants.

Well Mrgrim seems to suggest othwerwise about TP usgae with mewing. Under 25% you can also use Perfect Def. and just go all out it seems. Hate Dump is really good in case of some hate reset on tank I would think?

Also you'd want to kill it before smn buffs wear because at some point you gonna be stuck mewing only.

SMN buffs with right gear are up for like 9min+. You can rebuff at around 60%HP, when it doesnt spam TP moves yet and they will last till the end.

Atomos can't dispel as many have said already.

Foxfire says otherwise and I kinda believe him more.

Also the smn pet dies super quick hell even firefly can kill it at times.

SMN should probably stay at distance (between 10 and 15 yalms) with his pet disengaged and only run in to use mewing.

EDIT: If -damage from killer instinct works for Tiiimbeeer, then thats another reduction in it's damage beside having 9 targets in range (killer instinct has 50 sec window when its not up. I would suggest using Rampart then).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 19:59:11  
I've only seen foxfire make this claim yet everyone else seems to say otherwise also using perfect defense means no mewing as pets if I remember right dont get anything from it. I'm pretty sure someone confirmed perfect defense doesn't help vs timber. Again Someone show me something where this works ill believe it til then im gonna say I don't believe it. Pets will more than likely be dead after the 50% when he gets spamming and mewing helps very little.
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-17 20:01:30  
"Atomos can't dispel as many have said already."

Many are wrong, Atomos CANNOT be resisted IT ALWAYS WORKS unless you try to absorb something like aura that you cant dispel.
By Foxfire 2021-05-17 20:03:57  
I've only seen foxfire make this claim yet everyone else seems to say otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXFld61Y3Vg

like i said, do with it what you will.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:11:05  
Foxfire said: »
I've only seen foxfire make this claim yet everyone else seems to say otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXFld61Y3Vg

like i said, do with it what you will.
So yea have you done this on a v15? The strat that is. Also I stand corrected then on the atomos thing we couldve used it at wrong time or he never stole buffs from us.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-17 20:12:38  
It's definitely true. No need to doubt.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:13:56  
Asura.Jdove said: »
It's definitely true. No need to doubt.
Relax I fixed it after watching it guy lol
By Draylo 2021-05-17 20:15:12  
Yeah, so you were wrong
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-17 20:16:56  
No relaxing required i was just confirming didn't mean anything. Sorry if i came off as a jerk or something.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:19:06  
Draylo said: »
Yeah, so you were wrong
Yes I was and the two jp sites saying it saying the same. Either way I'm wrong on the atomos. The question still stands have you tried this on v15?
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 20:21:58  
Im not surprised Justthetip believed someone it doesnt work, but Im surprised why people like XxArkelosxX say with such confidence that Atomos doesnt work. I feel like people sometimes just assume something and spread it as facts or don't make proper test, but still act like they do.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-05-17 20:23:44  
I'm pretty sure someone confirmed perfect defense doesn't help vs timber.
It does. Used it as part of our win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:24:54  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
I'm pretty sure someone confirmed perfect defense doesn't help vs timber.
It does. Used it as part of our win.
Without rampart? I asking more so if it works without a pld setup so like you could do the sam smn bst brd geo whm setup maybe?
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-05-17 20:27:07  
I haven't backread the entire conversation yet so I'm not 100% sure what's being questioned, but you'll take very little damage from Timber with PD up, with or without Rampart.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:27:10  
Im not surprised Justthetip believed someone it doesnt work, but Im surprised why people like XxArkelosxX say with such confidence that Atomos doesnt work. I feel like people sometimes just assume something and spread it as facts or don't make proper test, but still act like they do.
Well the problem is again SE limiting us on testing as we gotta have a wasted KI to even test this so ive seen it not work but couldve been bad timing and seeing other say it doesn't work only go on that. It like people saying v15 you can just mew spam faster than he can tp which simply isn't true.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 20:29:49  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
I haven't backread the entire conversation yet so I'm not 100% sure what's being questioned, but you'll take very little damage from Timber with PD up, with or without Rampart.
Were trying to get a setup that would be semi perfect for mboze basically some stories are mixed info.

Edit: Did you guys just pop it last like 20% and pushed it down in the 30 second or so? I'll check back in am if you respond i'd love to know could put together something for a almost surefire way to win this over and over.
By Foxfire 2021-05-17 20:57:06  
i'm not spicyryan or anyone on that party so no - i haven't
but i'm also not throwing out strategies suggesting [x] or [y] is better. just contributing that atomos evidently works to a degree. nothing more.

i don't have a set group and haven't really run much farm lately, much less v15 bosses.
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 21:36:32  
Someone was mad at me that Im not portraying the BST job good enough and doing that job a disservice, so I would like to add that:

1. You can switch pets. Use Vermin pet when you need to pop Killer Instinct and use Slug for Ooze.
2. Since Slug cant SC with you, in case of aura just skillchain with other people that are in range anyway.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-05-17 21:46:36  
Someone was mad at me that Im not portraying the BST job good enough and doing that job a disservice, so I would like to add that:

1. You can switch pets. Use Vermin pet when you need to pop Killer Instinct and use Slug for Ooze.
2. Since Slug cant SC with you, in case of aura just skillchain with other people that are in range anyway.

This is a good idea in theory but the fact that bst has good subtle blow get reduced or mooted out once the bard starts tp'ing on the boss during aura which is Arguably the worst time for multiple tp moves to go off.

Also doesn't switching pets eat up cool downs for summoning pets that could get rocked by timber that you need up to reduce damage? Which is the bigger reason to bring bst? You get 1 Bestival loyalty and maybe 2-3 call beasts during the entire encounter, you're walking in with vermin, use killer, pop call pet, for slug, you now have Bestival as your only savior for 5 min, after that you have 2 buttons to call pet of you get bad rng with spells and tp moves which after an uproot you need slug to reapply defense down, I just see it going wrong entirely. I'm not saying bst is a bad job, at all, it's amazing and underutilized I just think that with the goal of mboze being limit tp moves having multiple DD's hitting without monks roll or really solid subtle blow access it's more dangerous than single dd.
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 21:53:32  
Vaerix said: »

This is a good idea in theory but the fact that bst has good subtle blow get reduced or mooted out once the bard starts tp'ing on the boss during aura which is Arguably the worst time for multiple tp moves to go off.

I think the idea is to tp beforehand and only WS (ideally magic WS or mutihit) during aura, which kinda leaves 0 room for error imo, but I heard doing ready on BST can be dangerous because how its mechanic works, but not sure why yet (asked and waiting for answer).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 22:35:04  
Vaerix said: »
Also doesn't switching pets eat up cool downs for summoning pets that could get rocked by timber

I did the above on BST when I attempted Mboze with a group, and exactly what you described happened. Edwin/KI > Swap to Slug, slug died in 2 TP moves, had to eat my BL to summon leech, as I ended up doing Unleash > TP Drainkiss so the DRK could widdle it down. It ended up not working anyways, but the point is that switching pets and having stuff on timers is dangerous if you ever need that extra body for a Tiiimbeeer and your CB isn't ready.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-18 07:06:09  
What about PUP? With its thousand PUPdates? Can integrate it in too the Pet Party.. Anyone tried? How strong is a overdrive against Mboze?
By SimonSes 2021-05-18 09:14:05  
Asura.Syto said: »
What about PUP? With its thousand PUPdates? Can integrate it in too the Pet Party.. Anyone tried? How strong is a overdrive against Mboze?

Pup master has no real slashing option and automaton also has weak slashing options, so I dont think so.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-18 12:15:15  
Quote:
automaton also has weak slashing options

The automatons slashing is on par with its piercing outside of overdrive (triple fire maneuver tp bonus chimera ripper.)
The slashing overdrive is weaker then its ranged overdrive but enough damage for a pup to solo Mboze v0 within overdrive duration. I've not done any v15 so I can't give pet damage numbers for that fight.
On V0 The slashing damage in overdrive is 19k string shredder and 30k chimera ripper. Outside of overdrive chimera ripper is 20k.

The problem is the lack of the master's slashing ability would waste the support's buffs.
[+]
By Garretts 2021-05-18 19:50:16  
I've theorized that mboze was the pet fight, and an ideal party consists of pup,bst,smn,geo, 6th.

Drg seems like a fit, but I think I'd rather have some sort of healing

In the theoretical bumba v15>t3 v15>t3 v15, pet jobs other than drg or geo would ideally have to be utilized in some manner.
I guess the masters blunt dmg may suffer, but probably still do really well, aswell as takin 10-12 bodies to absorb AoE.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-19 01:57:52  
Asura.Bixbite said: »
I've not done any v15 so I can't give pet damage numbers for that fight.
I posted in the other thread.
Was hitting for like 6k but my gear is not BiS though.
SC damage sucks, it's not the pet's SC damage that sucks, it's SC damage in general that sucks on Mboze.

Buffs were Crooked Beast Roll and Drachen Roll, Dia3.
Oh also Akamochi or whatever the name is, the food that gives Acc/Att.

Maneuvers were, uhm, Light, Fire and Thunder?
And the setup whoa, I'm not really sure because I tested various things, I think the best results were with this though

My gear is "okaysh" but not ideal either, I was probably using this set:

So yeah, clearly not BiS gear, but not too bad either I guess?
In 3 minutes of Overdrive I managed to take off like 2-3% of Mboze health, but this is not particularly relevant because the pet died multiple times (was the only one engaged and in range).
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-05-19 02:12:20  
Wait has anyone tried Bouncing Bertha on Mboze? Asking for a friend.
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 242 243 244