フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 240 241 242
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-21 19:43:57  
Whether you like me or not changes nothing. I am self-interested and have never denied it. A dead game has no value, so I would rather the game last longer. I do not care about the morality of cheating, but rather the effect of widespread cheating on the game's longevity.

I will not entertain personal dispute, nor do I care who you are, though the fact you are on Bahamut and have only made this account today makes your motives quite clear. Unfortunately, if you'd been around here longer, you'd be aware that I openly admit to RMTing and cheating and I don't care if you write an entire novel about how bad I am.

If you want to provide a counterargument defending the benefits of everyone cheating, or otherwise say anything of content, I am glad to argue with you. But, if you are just going to attack my character, I'm afraid that holds no meaning to me and I will have no part in it. I could be satan incarnate and it would not change the following statement:

Using an exploit to rush the entire playerbase through content designed to last 6 months is bad for the game as a whole.

Further, while the game lasting longer is beneficial to me, it is also beneficial to everyone who actually enjoys it. This isn't rocket science, it's just pathetic that this same shitty linkshell has called a half dozen people in to try to attack me and none of you can manage a counterargument. Ad hominem is not meaningful.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-21 20:18:53  
You don't need to go to PMs, I don't care if you insult me or drag up my history in public. If you're just trying to insult, it doesn't merit a response regardless of the location. If you cannot refute what I'm saying, then you're just trying to entertain some petty grudge and it's not worth my time.

My argument is simple:
-Square enix designed Odyssey with the expectation it would keep players occupied for, let's say, 6 months.
-These exploits(both the unintended behavior of the amplifiers and, to a lesser extent, Asylum) make the content drastically easier.
-The content being drastically easier means the playerbase will finish it much faster than the projected period.
-If the dev team is not getting duration out of their content, more subs will lapse, and thus less content will be commissioned.
-If less content is commissioned, everyone who plays is worse off.

I am more than happy to argue with you on any point relating to what I have actually posted about in this thread. However, if all you have to say is:
-Thorny RMTs.
-Thorny uses exploits.
-Thorny uses bots.
-Thorny writes bots.
-Thorny multiboxes.
-Thorny stole [NM/item/whatever] in [year prior to 2017].
-Thorny is a [insert personal insult].
I don't care. I'm not going to deny it. Most of FFXIAH already knows it anyway. It's just a childish misdirection and does nothing to address what I'm saying in this topic.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-05-22 00:09:41  
Listen, this speculation is fun and all, but the update notes themselves - in both english and japanese - state that the conditions for the amps are partaking in 3 fights and obtaining RP. They specifically made it so that you could obtain the bonus even if no clear. Their incompetency at granting a large amount from little progress is not the player's fault. And completely within the scope of their design.

What's the difference between a player that couldn't get the clear, vs. the player that didn't try? vs. a poorly geared player?

A vague "intent"? c'mon. The player isn't cheating the game here.

I'm also certain they didn't "intend" for people to do one fight at a time, and that hasn't stopped people from doing so. Let's not start making conspiracy theories.

Anyway, i'm tired of the Thorny vs. [poster of the day] fights. drop the childish ***.

edit: to specify, if their intent was to make the players shave off more hp before meeting [x] criteria, then that should've been the case. they set a low floor and a high margin. nobody's fault, particularly.
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-22 00:26:29  
If they really throwing out 30day bans for this I'm surprised they haven't taken gaol offline.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-22 01:11:47  
I still haven't seen a picture of the email from our side of things with the player that got hit, anyone else have proof of this yet?
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-22 01:37:29  
So emergency maint on Asura but not all worlds, what they do!
By SimonSes 2021-05-22 01:51:53  
Foxfire said: »
Listen, this speculation is fun and all, but the update notes themselves - in both english and japanese - state that the conditions for the amps are partaking in 3 fights and obtaining RP. They specifically made it so that you could obtain the bonus even if no clear. Their incompetency at granting a large amount from little progress is not the player's fault. And completely within the scope of their design.

What's the difference between a player that couldn't get the clear, vs. the player that didn't try? vs. a poorly geared player?

A vague "intent"? c'mon. The player isn't cheating the game here.

I'm also certain they didn't "intend" for people to do one fight at a time, and that hasn't stopped people from doing so. Let's not start making conspiracy theories.

Anyway, i'm tired of the Thorny vs. [poster of the day] fights. drop the childish ***.

edit: to specify, if their intent was to make the players shave off more hp before meeting [x] criteria, then that should've been the case. they set a low floor and a high margin. nobody's fault, particularly.

You are confusing 2 different things.
To charge amplifier you need to attempt 3 fights and get RP. You don't need to win. That's working as intended and that was described in update notes.
Now what is not working as intended is bonus from amplifier which suppose to be RPx9. So if you win the fight you should get 9x392 points, but if you lose and let's say make enough damage to get 60RP, you should get 9x60RP. Instead even if you deal like 1% damage and you should get like 9x1RP, you are getting 8x392+1.

You are also wrong that they haven't intended you to fight one fight. They said in interview that they intended this for people who want it, but they plan to add further fights that will require 3 fights in a row.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-05-22 02:11:26  
that's... still within the scope of the player's limits.
if they failed to put the amounts right, that's not the player's fault. they're using the items as expected, but reaping more rewards due to their error.

still not a bannable offense. nobody's using bots, or glitching an enemy into a wall, or gearing an item into every slot.

a poorly implemented item is not the player's fault.

sure, it'll affect the goal thorny's talking about (that is to say, 6mo. timeline), but nothing that a patch/nerf wouldn't resolve.

simon, you don't have to be a pedant all the time. you really don't.

i still don't believe they'll issue bans over it. nobody's cheating here. they could have just disabled amps or altered the values in an emergency maint by now.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-22 02:15:35  
Foxfire said: »
that's... still within the scope of the player's limits.
if they failed to put the amounts right, that's not the player's fault. they're using the items as expected, but reaping more rewards due to their error.

still not a bannable offense. nobody's using bots, or glitching an enemy into a wall, or gearing an item into every slot.

a poorly implemented item is not the player's fault.

sure, it'll affect the goal thorny's talking about (that is to say, 6mo. timeline), but nothing that a patch/nerf wouldn't resolve.

simon, you don't have to be a pedant all the time. you really don't.

i still don't believe they'll issue bans over it. nobody's cheating here. they could have just disabled amps or altered the values in an emergency maint by now.
This right here like where is a post of SE saying this is bad and were upset? Where is the post of SE saying amps aren't working right and people need to stop using them? I've only seen players upset by everything in odyssey that they feel wasn't intended by SE. No im not defending any of it but still SE can easily disable the item. It's been in the game for what 2 weeks now?

Edit: If its on the JP forums I'm sorry I never checked it but I've yet to see a linked post from SE about this.
 Asura.Sesshmaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Sesshmaru
By Asura.Sesshmaru 2021-05-22 04:05:45  
This thread is becoming more of a gathering of desperate souls.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-22 06:57:06  
Quote:
2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.

Just incase anyone was unclear.

Anything they deem to be a bug, that you use, is infact a bannable offense, regardless how you view it.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-22 07:00:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.

Just incase anyone was unclear.

Anything they deem to be a bug, that you use, is infact a bannable offense, regardless how you view it.
Well I'm sure we all know that I mean windowers breaks all that. What I wanna know is have people seen SE come out and call these that yet? Again not defending it as not every player loves reading this amazing forum with such amazing people lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-22 07:01:24  
Still waiting for pix, next day, at least 7 accounts with 30 day bans but no pixs?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-22 07:04:53  
Still waiting for pix, next day, at least 7 accounts with 30 day bans but no pixs?
That's what I'm waiting for also people claimed friends got banned but no pictures 30 bans and augment roll back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-22 07:28:02  

we all know how reliable the "I got a friend" stories are...
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-22 08:05:30  
Quote:
So emergency maint on Asura but not all worlds, what they do!

It's possible they're waiting to apply the mog amp fix to the other servers until June's patch, but because Asura is so busy they wanted to get it in now. It's the kind of change that would require a reboot. Just a personal hunch.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-22 08:23:20  
Seems unlikely to me. Either it's severe enough to be worth the reboot, or it isn't. Probably something unrelated, like a salvage zone or sinister reign being broken again, in my opinion.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-05-22 08:30:53  
Asura maint would be unrelated, no way they would just do this on one server. People would literally pay to server swap to do it on ano...oh wait maybe.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-22 08:41:07  
Agreeeeed
By Garretts 2021-05-22 09:54:49  
Desperate soul reporting as ordered!

This the thread for half *** BG salvage ban circa 2009 drama?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-22 12:13:55  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

we all know how reliable the "I got a friend" stories are...

Haha yeah man just a bunch of dudes on different servers collaborating on coming up with the same fictitious story. Crazy.

Y'all are *** insufferable lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-22 12:17:46  
So where dem pix at doe?

I would assume if they told you about it, they had the 3 seconds required to take a screenshot for your discord or whatever method he informed you on.

Or the "after work" guy, he must work 3 days on, 3 days off, I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-22 12:21:20  
Nobody said it didn't happen, we just asked for a screenshot of the email. Everyone knows the typical ban email, exact same copy/paste everyone gets every time. A very specific action that's never been done before is news. A screenshot would go a long way in making it clear that it happened.

You can screenshot an email on your mobile device, while at work, on the toilet, anywhere. If so many people had this happen, it's a bit strange to not have gotten one yet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-22 12:21:38  
Yeah sorry the guy made the whole thing up, we just wanted to put out fake warnings so everyone else doesn’t take advantage of this glitch while we max out augments. Sorry bro lol
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-05-22 12:27:13  
that's more likely than a 30 day ban and augment roll back, so..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-22 13:28:48  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Yeah sorry the guy made the whole thing up, we just wanted to put out fake warnings so everyone else doesn’t take advantage of this glitch while we max out augments. Sorry bro lol

Them receipts

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 240 241 242