First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 240 241 242
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-22 13:39:57  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Still waiting for pix, next day, at least 7 accounts with 30 day bans but no pixs?

we all know how reliable the "I got a friend" stories are...

Haha yeah man just a bunch of dudes on different servers collaborating on coming up with the same fictitious story. Crazy.

Y'all are *** insufferable lol

Its nothing personal, man. Its that you can't come into a forum that grew from the immortal "POIDH!" mentality and just say "a friend of mine got a ban". No one's gonna buy that, and if they do, I got a bridge in Nevada for sale.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-22 22:25:00  
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-24 08:43:27  
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-24 09:12:41  
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 10:11:25  
Obviously what we should do is organize a huge campaign of hundreds of players abusing the exploit just so someone can get banned and get a picture of it.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-24 10:54:33  
It's not even an exploit, although it's bound to be patched soon. The asylum trick is different because players are circumventing an intended mechanic. When a player buys a mog amp and uses it then they are doing what s-e meant for them to do with the item. S-E could have made a public statement saying "Don't use these right now", or they could have patched them via emergency maintinence by now, and they've done neither. It's unlikely any bans will happen in light of that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:03:33  
When a player is inconvenienced by SE - "bug"
-doesn't matter how big or small, "our bad, sorry you lost out"

If a player benefits from any bug - "exploit... Please don't try it"
-if you do everything according to their own instructions and benefit even a little - abusing exploit; possibility of a ban*
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2021-05-24 11:08:28  
Does anyone have a breakdown of Nyame - Path B, on which RP equates to which bonuses?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:13:05  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Nyame_Armor_Set

Quote:
Note: A breakdown of level-by-level augments can be found on each armor page.

Then use the Reinforcement Points page and see the relevant Rank Table at the bottom, which corresponds to the RP for each level. Just compare the two.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 11:22:18  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It's not even an exploit, although it's bound to be patched soon. The asylum trick is different because players are circumventing an intended mechanic. When a player buys a mog amp and uses it then they are doing what s-e meant for them to do with the item. S-E could have made a public statement saying "Don't use these right now", or they could have patched them via emergency maintinence by now, and they've done neither. It's unlikely any bans will happen in light of that.
By exploit, I meant going in solo on NMs you clearly can't beat alone, using an amplifier, then doing 1% and timing out so you get 90% of the reward. That's definitely not what SE meant for us to do.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:32:23  
Asura.Geriond said: »
you clearly can't beat alone

No, you were right the first time. No switcheroos

If you go in, do 1%, dont try, time out and get reward = exploiting

if you go in, do 5-10%, try really hard with your trusts, and time out and get reward = not exploiting

You just need to fake the "try hard" part enough for it to not look like exploiting xD

"i tried really hard to beat V15 Mboze on my 99PUP but I just couldnt do it. Let me wipe my tears away with all this RP"
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 11:33:26  
I didn't say anything about trying, just purposefully fighting NMs that are obviously way above your paygrade solo.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:45:52  
The game encourages you to do that though, whether or not completing the task is actually possible. They gave your trusts a large boost, and they give you RP reward for trying, win or time out. At least two people on here said they took off a good chunk of damage from a V+15 boss and got the reward. So who makes the determination of what is "obviously way above your paygrade solo"?
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-05-24 11:47:29  
delusional
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 11:52:27  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The game encourages you to do that though, whether or not completing the task is actually possible. They gave your trusts a large boost, and they give you RP reward for trying, win or time out. At least two people on here said they took off a good chunk of damage from a V+15 boss and got the reward. So who makes the determination of what is "obviously way above your paygrade solo"?
The part where you know you're not going to do enough progress to make it remotely worthwhile normally. It's the common sense rule again; no one would purposefully spend 3k segments to get 10 RP from trying to solo a T3 boss.

Again, in this exploit I'm referring to, the people are just giving up after doing like 1%, not doing their best over the whole 15 minutes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:54:19  
Asura.Tsm said: »
delusional

Someone may genuinely be delusional and though they had a chance. A couple of times. If they repeat the process, then sure, they are taking advantage.

I attempted most of the bosses on the highest level of difficulty I could clear pre-amp. I didn't really know what was possible at the time until I tried it. I even beat some bosses I didn't think I could. So if a player attempts, let's say a V15 Gogmagog and times out due but gets an amp bonus, he was exploiting because that NM was clearly one he couldn't solo? I want to know where the line is drawn.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 11:55:28  
trying to solo a T3 boss

It doesn't always have to be a T3 boss, though. You get the benefit of the "exploit" on any tier. So it's only an exploit if you do it to an A3/A4, but not an A1/2?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 11:55:28  
The line is drawn at it becoming clear to someone watching.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 11:56:20  
trying to solo a T3 boss

It doesn't always have to be a T3 boss, though. You get the benefit of the "exploit" on any tier. So it's only an exploit if you do it to an A3/A4, but not an A1/2?
You're getting confused; the part about someone trying NMs that are clearly above their pay grade was only one of the possible rerequisites.

If someone does a Gogmagog, deals 1% and then stops fighting and times out, getting 90% of the RP, that's exploiting.

If someone knows they stand zero chance against V15 Mboze solo and does 3% before timing out and getting 90% of the RP, that's exploiting, even if they're doing their best the whole time.

If a full group fights Ongo and their members legitimately believe that they have a chance of beating it, but time out at like 50% (or even 90% after bad luck), that's not exploiting.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-24 11:56:48  
Sometimes the dumbest ***gets debated. This is clearly a bug. If you want to risk it, that's up to you.

You just don't get to complain if they decide to ban for it.

You can complain that it's stupid, and that it's "not your fault", and it's not fair. But the facts remain facts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 12:04:15  
If someone does a Gogmagog, deals 1% and then stops fighting and times out, getting 90% of the RP, that's exploiting.

If someone knows they stand zero chance against V15 Mboze solo and does 3% before timing out and getting 90% of the RP, that's exploiting, even if they're doing their best the whole time.

I think you have to show more of a pattern of repeating this process before it becomes clear to someone watching you were exploiting. Benefit of the doubt for a clueless player who attempted something once or twice and didnt know. You don't even have to stop attacking a V15 A1 to still get the full benefit. In the example of Gog, you can still time out even while trying hard, especially if you don't even know he has weapon resistances.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
debated. This is clearly a bug.

This wasn't being debated.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 12:05:19  
I think you have to show more of a pattern of repeating this process before it becomes clear to someone watching you were exploiting. Benefit of the doubt for a clueless player who attempted something once or twice and didnt know. You don't even have to stop attacking a V15 A1 to still get the full benefit. In the example of Gog, you can still time out even while trying hard, especially if you don't even know he has weapon resistances.
I never said it'd always be clear after only a single run to someone who is watching.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 12:14:19  

If a full group fights Ongo and their members legitimately believe that they have a chance of beating it, but time out at like 50% (or even 90% after bad luck), that's not exploiting.

I agree with your first example. The thing about the second one is that they still get a huge bonus, even if they "legitimately believe" they could win. SE wouldnt be taking that into consideration when they review these cases, lol.

Take for example Mboze. He isthe hardest boss in this lineup, but a group of 6 players could repeatedly "attempt" him in a rotation and consistently time out. By your logic, SE would not see this group as exploiting 3k points/time out because they looked like a real group. But they could just as easily have the same intent as the person in the first example.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your take on both cases, just saying that applying that kind of logic could easily have some friendly fire with bans, if they chose to go that route. A legitimate group could get banned along with a person who was deliberately using this as an exploit.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-24 12:17:26  

I agree with your first example. The thing about the second one is that they still get a huge bonus, even if they "legitimately believe" they could win. SE wouldnt be taking that into consideration when they review these cases, lol.

Take for example Mboze. He isthe hardest boss in this lineup, but a group of 6 players could repeatedly "attempt" him in a rotation and consistently time out. By your logic, SE would not see this group as exploiting 3k points/time out because they looked like a real group. But they could just as easily have the same intent as the person in the first example.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your take on both cases, just saying that applying that kind of logic could easily have some friendly fire with bans, if they chose to go that route. A legitimate group could get banned along with a person who was deliberately using this as an exploit.
It's about whether they believe they could beat him, either now or with practice using that setup. SE can look closer than if they're just a full party. In cases where it's too hard to legitimately decide what they believe just from watching, they should give the benefit of the doubt, but most cases will be clear after a couple runs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-24 12:38:05  
It's about whether they believe they could beat him, either now or with practice using that setup. SE can look closer than if they're just a full party. If there's a case where it's too hard to legitimately decide what they believe just from watching, they should give the benefit of the doubt, but most cases will be clear after a couple runs.

I am not talking about whether they "believe" they can, they really can, or they eventually can beat him. I am talking about the fact that they will still reap the benefits of the "exploit", even if unintentional. These fights were meant to be lost on occasion, even with the best of planning. A group could still knowingly take advantage of the glitch while still trying to clear the fight.

In a set of 10 Mboze runs with the boost active, only winning half of them, they will still earn a sizeable chunk for their efforts, due almost entirely because of the bug. They can beat Mboze. They have beat Mboze in the past. And they probably will continue to beat Mboze. But the fact still remains that they benefit from nearly double the RP they would have earned legitimately, even though they lost half the fights. And that could still be seen as taking advantage of the exploit since the players knew they would get the bonus regardless of the outcome.
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 240 241 242