The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 20:37:47  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Mboze has a couple of single target attacks so you're seeing it proc off of those
I thought those were still considered "WS type" physicals, and thus couldn't be countered or retaliated even though they're single target.

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
True, but neither DRK nor SAM have an answer to Tomahawk. The closest thing would be Simon's absolute best-case absorb-VIT of 96. I have that "BiS" set with R15 Lib, and it tends to usually be closer to 60 stat whenever I use it /shrug.
Stat Absorb potency is fixed based on the gear and JAs you're using; it will never be less than the max if you have everything, you're using Nether Void, and your gear is working right. Resists affect the duration, not the stat value.

22 base * 1.25 from armor * 1.5 from Liberator * 2.35 from maxed Nether Void = 96
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 21:31:47  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Mboze has a couple of single target attacks so you're seeing it proc off of those
I thought those were still considered "WS type" physicals, and thus couldn't be countered or retaliated even though they're single target.

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
True, but neither DRK nor SAM have an answer to Tomahawk. The closest thing would be Simon's absolute best-case absorb-VIT of 96. I have that "BiS" set with R15 Lib, and it tends to usually be closer to 60 stat whenever I use it /shrug.
Stat Absorb potency is fixed based on the gear and JAs you're using; it will never be less than the max if you have everything, you're using Nether Void, and your gear is working right. Resists affect the duration, not the stat value.

22 base * 1.25 from armor * 1.5 from Liberator * 2.35 from maxed Nether Void = 96

sets.MA['absorb'] = {
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Ig. Burgeonet +3",
body={ name="Carm. Sc. Mail +1",
hands="Pavor Gauntlets",
legs="Heath. Flanchard +3",
feet="Rat. Sollerets +1",
neck="Erra Pendant",
waist="Casso Sash",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Mani Earring",
left_ring="Kishar Ring",
right_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
back="Chuparrosa Mantle",
};

I guess I could get a Khonsu but other than that, I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 21:51:24  
You don't have Liberator in that set. I don't know if you equip Liberator a different way, but that's all I can tell from here.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 21:59:42  
I took it out of my cast set, didn't like it swapping and losing TP/AM when I'm using something other than Lib, but I know I'm taking the hit there. Maybe I shouldn't, but I was implying the use of Liberator in the best possible absorb scenario.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 22:28:39  
Are you putting Heathen legs on before you pop Nether Void? The legs enhance NV on JA use, not on cast.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-04 06:02:50  
Ruaumoko said: »

Mboze downed using a similar strategy to what's been previously posted, but with a few alterations.

Use two KI for this fight.
Cannot see how this can be done with one.

Team 1: PLD RDM GEO SMN BLU SAM
~ Goal is to get Mboze to 74% to force the Snapweed to be there for the 2nd team. Reaving Wind, Feather Tickle and Mewling to suppress TP. Indi-Focus if consistent resists are occuring but keep a powered up Geo-Fury on the SAM. SAM stands at maximum melee distance to avoid getting hit and feeding Mboze more TP.

Team 2: RUN WHM BRD COR BST WAR
~ We played around with various jobs in what ended up being the RUN's slot. RUN ended up being the best by far.

~ WAR is the 'main' tank for Mboze. Maintain enmity through WS damage alone.

~ WHM needs to keep Mboze silenced and keep an eye on Auspice's timer.

~ BRD and COR fairly straightforward.
Honor / Minuet / Minuet / Minuet / Herculean Etude
Crooked Chaos / Samurai
~ Let the WAR have the first few WS before starting on Mboze, let them get enmity established.

~ BST uses a Vermin for Killer Instinct then keeps Leech alive for TP draining until Killer Instinct needs re-applying. Call out when a Pet swap is happening so all TP feed to Mboze stops. Also turn away from the Snapweeds during this phase so a badly timed AoE Paralyze doesn't eat Call Beast's timer, that's a guaranteed loss if you have no more resets.

~ RUN has a lot going on here. RUN is holding the Snapweed/s in place to be used as TP batteries. They have a very fine line to walk in this fight as they need to remain 2nd, if not 3rd on Mboze's enmity list while being atop the enmity list for the two Snapweeds.
~ Angle the Snapweeds away from the BRD and COR. Nepenthic Plunge and Infaunal Flop are conal attacks and the most dangerous the Snapweeds have. If only the RUN is getting hit with them they become a lot more manageable.
~ Use a PDT/Inquartata build to tank the Snapweeds.
~ Recommend taking all Enmity+ out of Valiance especially so you don't accidentally get Mboze on yourself, causing you to lose the Snapweeds and it's all downhill from there.
~ Alternate between Dimidation and Spinning Slash to add DPS. Both hit surprisingly hard (25-30k) at high TP. Do not be tempted to use Resolution, it will feed far too much TP since it is a multi-hit WS.

It's been mentioned before I'm sure but Mboze is surprisingly quick to drop from 75% to 40%, even from 40% to 25%. When you reach 25% be very careful and pace your damage as to not make Mboze cross the 1000% TP threshold. If that means waiting 15 or so seconds for another Leech drain, do it. If you have 6:00+ left and Mboze is below 25% you have time on your side.
What is the plan with proccing blue? we found if tough to keep skillchains going on mboze while tping on adds
By SimonSes 2023-02-04 06:05:33  
Asura.Toralin said: »
What is the plan with proccing blue? we found if tough to keep skillchains going on mboze while tping on adds

Plan is to never proc blue, because Mboze will never make a TP move. If it does, you execute this strategy wrong.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-04 23:38:42  
Definitely the toughest A3 v25.

I'm exhausted, but I'll try to post our strat tomorrow. Not much different than what Mischief posted.
[+]
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2023-02-05 00:14:56  
What a terrifying experience! For all the rangers out there, you'll be relieved/disappointed to know that Armageddon can do the job too.
[+]
By fallingstars 2023-02-05 01:03:37  
Definitely the worst one. #GoArma~~ #AppleSmashers
[+]
By Ryuail 2023-02-05 01:10:34  
fallingstars said: »
#AppleSmashers

I approve this message.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-05 03:58:32  
Asura.Secare said: »
What a terrifying experience! For all the rangers out there, you'll be relieved/disappointed to know that Armageddon can do the job too.

It was pretty much confirmed before, when one group timed out at 3% only using Annihilator (Arma is obviously higher damage), but thank you for confirming it even more :)
By SimonSes 2023-02-05 06:17:56  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Not only there is no WHM there, but also BLU is only person to reset TP.

This confirm my theory that WHM is not needed here, but maybe you need RDM to pair with it to make it that smooth as on the video.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-05 07:25:54  
SimonSes said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Not only there is no WHM there, but also BLU is only person to reset TP.

This confirm my theory that WHM is not needed here, but maybe you need RDM to pair with it to make it that smooth as on the video.
what are the jobs on the 2nd ki
war blu brd cor pld ???
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-05 07:41:31  
Bubbles and PLD JS WSs
By SimonSes 2023-02-05 08:49:43  
war blu brd cor pld ???

you need RDM to pair with it to make it that smooth as on the video.

RDM ;)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-05 08:52:47  
war blu brd cor pld ???

you need RDM to pair with it to make it that smooth as on the video.

RDM ;)
if rdm could get frazzle on that certainly would help the BLU's tp reduction spells. magic acc down aura, would be tough. this does look very smooth.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-05 09:36:24  
Luso is RDM

Excal w/ KoTR

(and the very first thing in the vod is composure...)
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-02-05 11:45:58  
If you want to know another reason why sam / drk are having issues doing good dmg on these fights is 2 handers have higher pdif cap so they have a much higher attack requirement. These v25 fights have insane defense unless you stick armor break. War / blu scale their 1 hand ws very well with the lower attack needed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-05 15:00:31  
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
If you want to know another reason why sam / drk are having issues doing good dmg on these fights is 2 handers have higher pdif cap so they have a much higher attack requirement. These v25 fights have insane defense unless you stick armor break. War / blu scale their 1 hand ws very well with the lower attack needed.

I just tried WS sets on WAR (I was lacking some base attack here but not much) and DRK. WAR has around 7500attack with SV honor and minuets and berserk and CC lucky Chaos. DRK has 9200.

Assuming 7500 would be enough to cap 3.45 on Axe, then 9200 should cap 4.23, so it would almost cap Gsword for DRK. With EndarkII you can push it to 9500+. It's true that it would be just enough to cap and probably not enough to use PDL from neck and earring. That being said, Mboze is probably easier to cap than most, because Armor break should be accurate on it and you have DiaII or III + lightshot too. Thats 42%+ def down. I doubt they have more than 3000 def base right?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-05 16:31:17  

I just tried WS sets on WAR (I was lacking some base attack here but not much) and DRK. WAR has around 7500attack with SV honor and minuets and berserk and CC lucky Chaos. DRK has 9200.

Assuming 7500 would be enough to cap 3.45 on Axe, then 9200 should cap 4.23, so it would almost cap Gsword for DRK. With EndarkII you can push it to 9500+. It's true that it would be just enough to cap and probably not enough to use PDL from neck and earring. That being said, Mboze is probably easier to cap than most, because Armor break should be accurate on it and you have DiaII or III + lightshot too. Thats 42%+ def down. I doubt they have more than 3000 def base right?

A lot of good points here and I think the conclusion is mostly true but: DRK shouldn't be using Endark II if we're talking about Mboze specifically, so they can have the SB from Auspice
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-02-06 00:06:39  
So...V25 Bumba. Here's a general list of things our group has figured out about him so far:

-It enters fetter mode once every minute after pull/breaking fetter mode, or instantly if it's healed enough or (new to V25) after using a 1hr ability.
-It can enter fetter mode as many times as it wants (we went in specifically to test this once, it entered fetter mode seven times in one KI).
-The procs can repeat or change at random.
-The procs get harder each time he enters fetter mode (the fifth one required a 7-step SCH SC to break - yes, SCH SC works for this).
-Bumba seems to use TP at 1k in fetter mode regardless of HP%. When he does get TP, he'll always use two TP moves in a row, with only the first causing fetters to spawn. Denounce will instantly kill everyone if it's the first TP move in the pair unless you have Perfect Defense on.
-Fetters still hit just as hard as they did in V20, if not harder. You CAN avoid them by running away as soon as he TPs, assuming it wasn't Denounce.
-Purulent Ooze can land, but it's not free. One-set wonder BST couldn't land it even with Unda Rayke, but ML40 BST with Frazzle III and Unda Rayke could.
-It doesn't seem any more resistant to any other debuffs over the V20 version - if you can land it on V20 Bumba, you can probably land it on V25. This includes Feather Tickle/Reaving Wind and Absorb-TP.
-While in fetter mode, seems to gain damage resistance over time to specific damage types? It's difficult to quantify, but damage definitely does seem to go down over time when trying to use a TP suppression strategy with physical damage as well as with SC+MBs in a way it doesn't with Mboze or Arebati. Would need further testing to determine what exactly is going on. The reduction is much more noticeable with magic damage, though, and is per-element.
-The elemental damage reduction caused by SC+MBs in fetter mode carries over between KIs, and persists even after breaking fetter mode. Unknown if proc difficulty or any physical damage resistance carries over.
-Add spawn is randomized between KIs. You can get Raaz on the first KI, then Tulfaire on the second, or any other combination. This means a multi-KI TP suppression strategy is likely instantly dead if a bad add (Craklaw, Matamata, etc.) spawns on the second KI.

I'm...genuinely unsure how to fight this thing. Zerg strategy seems completely dead, unless you get unrealistically lucky with auras and probably Perfect Defense/Wild Card resets. Repeatedly breaking fetter mode doesn't seem to be feasible either with how fast he reapplies it, especially with the threat of instakill Denounce. TP suppression seems more likely to work, and Helix + Purulent Ooze alone can get Bumba below 74% on KI1 (potentially adding in BLM for Death MBs to get it lower), but after that? Not only do you have to roll the add RNG AND the aura RNG on the second KI, but even if both of those are good I don't know if the damage is there. More testing would have to be done on the damage reduction in fetter mode, and if it's possible to negate it with multiple damage types or some other mechanic we don't know. JPs have supposedly gotten it to 40%, but nobody seems to have killed it yet despite at least one group having access for almost a month already.

Has anyone else with 6/6 T3 V25 clears tried this, and gotten further than we have? Not going to say it's impossible just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if V25 Bumba gets a hotfix at some point. Entering fetter mode once a minute just seems too extreme, especially considering they added the mechanic of instant fetter mode after using a 1hr to V25 specifically.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-02-06 02:14:04  

Even with 9999 attack on my dark (seems game caps you there) My ws weren't hitting nearly as hard as they should unless I could land armor break. These v25 fights have insane defense prolly 3k+.
By SimonSes 2023-02-06 02:35:29  

Even with 9999 attack on my dark (seems game caps you there) My ws weren't hitting nearly as hard as they should unless I could land armor break. These v25 fights have insane defense prolly 3k+.

Isnt that because they have some straight up DT? Like Mboze has like 25% against slashing or something?

Also they don't have to have 3000+def for your statement to be true. 10000attack will only cap attack from 2162def for Great Sword on DRK and this is without any PDL. So if you are talking about scenario with only Dia II with Light shot, then they would only need to have 2620def to undercap your attack with PDL from Neck alone. Doesn't need to be 3000+ at all.
By Ruaumoko 2023-02-06 04:32:37  

Arebati downed with a true photo finish.

Two KI used.
Team 1: WAR DRG DNC WHM RDM SMN

Don't bother going with full TP suppression, go all-out DPS with what you have. Angon, Box Step, Dia III and Fenrir's Impact let you smash a lot of Arebati's HP off. Line up Angon and Warcry for maximum damage, use freely when the timers don't align (communication is vital). DRG Jumps their hate off at 75% to avoid being zerged by the Raaz. DNC pops Fan Dance and holds on until RDM sleeps it.

DRG used Camlann's with Trishula.
WAR used Impulse Drive with Shining One.
DNC was using Rudra's.

SMN was doing general DPS support Wards and Hysteric Assault for a little extra DPS.

RDM was able to land most debuffs, even Distract III at one point, that was really weird.

Managed to drop Arebati to 44% with this team on our winning run, which ended up being decisive.

Team 2: RUN PLD BRD GEO COR RNG
GEO runs Indi-Fury and Geo-Frailty. First with Blaze/Ecliptic and then with Bolster once 2nd Raaz pops. Make sure you use Widen Compass with the Blaze/Ecliptic Luopan and position it out of range of Arebati. Alternate Indi-Fend and Indi-AGI as the Entrusts when resets allow.

RNG and COR go as hard as they can, you need a lot of DPS to beat the check. We won with an Annihilator RNG so you don't necessarily need Armageddon or Gandiva to beat this.

PLD is holding the Raaz. They have to remain at 2nd on the hate list. PLD was using Burtgang and Duban. PLD is also the RUN's healer, they need to watch out for them.

BRD keeps Elegy on the Raaz to help the PLD out.

RUN... no light-footing around it, this is going to be a very hard test for an endgame RUN. You have to survive against full-dispels and remain atop the hate list at all costs.
Once Arebati drops below 50% things get real. You need to Panacea off Glassy Nova's Impact and recast Shell V, Barblizzard, Crusade and Phalanx every time they get nuked off. Recommend tanking in the +3 Empyrean set with Warder's Charm +1. You'll be surprised how much the absorbtion helps out.

[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-06 05:00:45  
Ruaumoko said: »
RDM was able to land most debuffs, even Distract III at one point, that was really weird.

That is not weird at all. During fetter mode and I assume it was a case here, you can land any ice based debuff with easy, since it starts absorbing Ice damage which in FFXI is almost always connected with setting Resistance Rank to weakest possible.

Very cool strategy for first KI

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-08 12:46:00  
Mboze v25 downed today: 2KI Method
First KI got to 74% (sub 65% is possible)
Second KI Aura:
75-40 Attack down
40-0 Defense down
2 on wild card
~1 minute on clock left
Mevasion down seems to be the crippler with basically 100% para

First KI:
KI#1 SAM RUN BST WHM GEO SMN
RUN - 3x unda rayke, try ooze, about 50/50 land rate.
SAM - GKT Hasso overlem subtle blow set
Bst - ooze, killer instict, tp drainkiss
SMN bp wards, elegy/fenrir/haste/crystal blessing etc then mewing
GEO - frailty/fury entrust str
WHM - Auspice Silence enfeeble, regen4

KI#2 WAR PLD BLU RDM BRD COR
War - Ikenga axe, tanks mboze, save MS below 40%
PLD - holds add in proper position, Excal/Duban(KoR to help with savage blade ws wall from cor and brd), no crusade(dont steal hate from WAR or its over)
BLU - reaving/feather on cooldown, expicion, mighty guard, tenelbral crush, tourbillion
BRD - HM 4x minuet, 1 ballad maybe on rdm?
RDM - normal rdm stuff silence mboze, dia3, para, addle on adds
COR - CC(stp) + MNK roll until 30% then switch to CC(chaos) + Mnk.

WSing higher frequency 1k-1.5k tp until about 30%. then PLD only WS for AM, and WS's were at 2k TP to better manage Mboze from TPing.
once 2nd add comes out and PLD gets, PLD can cure as needed and keep rampart up as a failsafe for protentional mboze tp

Fun challenging fight
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-12 00:12:55  
Got V25 Arebati down
Moglophone 1: Attack down aura
DRG DNC BST SMN RDM WHM
got 1st KI down to 59% despite the attack down aura, on our other attempts without attack down we were able to get it as low as 49% before timing out.

Our SMN wasn't too comfortable doing both mewing and siren hysteric barrage so, it was mostly only mewing with maybe 3-4 barrage total.

We did not get a single polar roar thanks to the TP suppression.

Moglophone 2: magic defense down aura
RUN PLD RNG COR BRD GEO
Got WC5 and resetted bolster
1st Bolster at 40%, 2nd Bolster at 7%
as RNG I used Annihilator until 20%, switched to Gandiva barrage and put up AM3 immediately. Like everybody said in previous posts I could've easily stayed using Annihilator the whole time, the WS # damage at least was very similar. Coronach was hitting for around 29k-32k, 3k detonator was hitting for around 35k, Jishnu around 34k, and sidewinder around 32k. We had the COR alternate last stand and slug shot. We did not try to proc him, but did it once anyway without trying for the 1st one, 2nd fetter lasted until Arebati was killed.

We had the entire group stand parallel near our PLD so he gets the random deal/WC too, the less time he has to heal himself, the more time he has to heal the RUN.

Had about 3 minutes left when we killed it. Overall took about 7 attempts
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 237 238 239