フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Terrible Stardiver output
Terrible Stardiver output
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2020-03-11 07:00:15  
Can I get a little feedback here?

Most of my gear is crossover from another job, but my stardiver set with minimal boost (trusts only, pretty much) and red curry buns are giving me only 7k-12k return on apex mobs.

Obviously there are some glaring omissions of important items: pants, grip, and 2nd ring. But I'm holding what guide shows is BiS or near BiS across the board otherwise. Why is my output so low? I hold BiS on my thf and stack ws's over 40k from trusts alone so wondering if I should bother chasing down the other 3 items.

Thanks.

ItemSet 371718

edit: valormail STR15/Atk30, Cape incomplete, like STR20-22 and WSD 2%.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 07:13:11  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Can I get a little feedback here?

Most of my gear is crossover from another job, but my stardiver set with minimal boost (trusts only, pretty much) and red curry buns are giving me only 7k-12k return on apex mobs.

Obviously there are some glaring omissions of important items: pants, grip, and 2nd ring. But I'm holding what guide shows is BiS or near BiS across the board otherwise. Why is my output so low? I hold BiS on my thf and stack ws's over 40k from trusts alone so wondering if I should bother chasing down the other 3 items.

Thanks.

ItemSet 371718

edit: valormail STR15/Atk30, Cape incomplete, like STR20-22 and WSD 2%.

Stardiver is super weak WS at low TP. TP bonus +500 on Aeonic is huge boost. You are also simply lacking attack. Use Sulevia legs +2 and Flamma feet +2. You want DA% on cape, not WSD%.

Use Trusts with def down or att up. King of Heart will open fight with DiaIII. Excenmille (S) has 3 min buff that gives haste and attack (you can resummon him after 3 min). Qultada has chaos roll, Sylvie Indi-Fury etc.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-11 07:26:09  
What kind of Apex mobs exactly? If it's just you and trusts your attack isn't going to be close to capped on many Apex monsters. Also check your accuracy as it runs into the same issue, your not auto-capping while naked.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-11 07:41:36  
At least use Blood Cuisses...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2020-03-11 09:33:25  
SimonSes said: »

Stardiver is super weak WS at low TP. TP bonus +500 on Aeonic is huge boost. You are also simply lacking attack. Use Sulevia legs +2 and Flamma feet +2. You want DA% on cape, not WSD%.

Use Trusts with def down or att up. King of Heart will open fight with DiaIII. Excenmille (S) has 3 min buff that gives haste and attack (you can resummon him after 3 min). Qultada has chaos roll, Sylvie Indi-Fury etc.

thanks for feedback. trying to understand the job a bit better.

I thought shining one made stardiver a strong output ws due to making it a force critical weapon skill? aeonic would boost the tp but eliminate that critical, right? (obviously aeonic is a stronger wep in general, not arguing that.).

once I get some time to ambuscade pants would obviously get replaced, sul.+2 would be the choice.

what about that double attack? guide says same, but couldn't understand why boosting DA > boosting WSD. Just seemed counter-intuitive..what am i missing? do I need to make that change to valorous mail as well?

edit: being that I'm converting stardiver to a crit WS with Shining One, should I be following guide for Drakesbane ws gear?
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 09:49:56  
what about that double attack? guide says same, but couldn't understand why boosting DA > boosting WSD. Just seemed counter-intuitive..what am i missing? do I need to make that change to valorous mail as well?

Why counter intuitive? XD
It's a 4hit WS with same fTP on each hit. Multi attack is very potent for it. WSD only boosts first hit, so it's not good for Stardiver.

I thought shining one made stardiver a strong output ws due to making it a force critical weapon skill? aeonic would boost the tp but eliminate that critical, right? (obviously aeonic is a stronger wep in general, not arguing that.).

It doesn't force crit, it only let it crit, but crit rate will be pretty low without crit rate buffs/gear. Afaik crit rate boost you get from Shining One itself is maybe like 10%-20% based on TP. So you maybe have like 20% crit rate on your Stardivers with Shining One at low tp.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-11 09:50:43  

once I get some time to ambuscade pants would obviously get replaced, sul.+2 would be the choice.

edit: being that I'm converting stardiver to a crit WS with Shining One, should I be following guide for Drakesbane ws gear?

Stardiver has carried fTP so multihit is huge for it.

I don't use Shining One although I do have one for WAR (have R15 Trishula for DRG) but you might be better off gearing around Impulse Drive if you don't play to get Trishula?
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2020-03-11 11:59:33  
Why counter intuitive? XD
It's a 4hit WS with same fTP on each hit. Multi attack is very potent for it. WSD only boosts first hit, so it's not good for Stardiver.
that's the line item I was missing, thank you.
My main is a thf with r15 twashtar, so I gear for Rudras...seems to be exactly opposite of what i should be doing for Stardiver.

good info thank you.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-11 13:14:18  
Asura.Sirris said: »

Stardiver has carried fTP so multihit is huge for it.

I don't use Shining One although I do have one for WAR (have R15 Trishula for DRG) but you might be better off gearing around Impulse Drive if you don't play to get Trishula?

For soloing Apex mobs doing a SC closing with Impulse drive. Something like Stardiver > Sonic Thrust > Impulse Drive

Edit: Also whatever legs you are using for TP will be better then Crimson Cuisses