private server I take it?
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 14:33:20  
Yeah seems so
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 14:40:10  
I honestly didn't put much thought into it ever before this, but in my head, Pewdiepie and Ninja were the same person. At least they hold the same spot/tier area. I only know of Pewdiepie from the South Park episode where he entrances toddlers/children (which I assumed is how Twitch gaming works; bewbie streamers are a different subject... and yet not unrelated).

Gonna have to give the edge to Ninja since it looks like he plays FFXI sometimes. I wonder if it was a natural thing due to him having played for a long time or was it SquareEnix paying him to advertise with some of that sweet Disney Avengers money SquareEnix had. I guess I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt as SquareEnix hardly would promote FFXI versus FF14 if it came to dropping $ on a big youtuber endorsement.

Good for him.

Wait. If he plays for real, that means he possibly reads this. Um, I meant no offense if putting you on the same tier as Pewdiepie is offensive. I don't follow the Youtube/Twitch content creator community.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 14:47:05  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Gonna have to give the edge to Ninja since it looks like he plays FFXI sometimes.

He does 14 hour streams of ffxi when he gets sick of Fortnite and has armies of kids watching him do mundane stuff like craft lol

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 15:04:47  
Openly using non-vanilla FFXI? Yep. Not gonna get any interest from SquareEnix there to sponsor. Although if he was playing on vanilla, I wonder if they would ban him for it just for the press/attention (if any) it would get FFXI? Naw.

Pity Primed For Adventure can't capitalize on his playing of FFXI in any way.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-06-10 15:43:47  
Openly using non-vanilla FFXI? Yep. Not gonna get any interest from SquareEnix there to sponsor. Although if he was playing on vanilla, I wonder if they would ban him for it just for the press/attention (if any) it would get FFXI? Naw.

Pity Primed For Adventure can't capitalize on his playing of FFXI in any way.

Play non-vanilla wouldn't get him banned from the game anyway Wings is a private server.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 16:01:10  
Although if he was playing on vanilla

Whoops. I meant: "although if he was playing on retail". My mistake.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-19 21:28:03  
I can only assume someone saw/reads/noticed.

Community rep actually playing XI on her own time. On valefor of all places.
By Draylo 2021-06-20 00:04:04  
Just have no idea why he would play that dinky private server over the real deal.
By Felgarr 2021-06-20 00:29:22  
I'll try my best to explain it and be concise, but ...a few generations ago, we just got more depth, more content and more "game" than what we get today. (Today, we get cinematic movies ranging from terrible eye-candy to AAA-masterpieces).

I mean, Resident Evil 8 mercenaries mode on PS5 holds fewer zombies on screen at one time, than Resident Evil 2 (on PS2/GameCube). I'm sure there's an FF14 vs FF11 analogy for depth here, like quantifying the depth of checkers vs chess. So, I can see why Ninja would play FF11, today.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-06-20 00:57:10  
Draylo said: »
Just have no idea why he would play that dinky private server over the real deal.

Don't gotta worry about JP Twitter brigade banning you if it's a private server is my guess
By RadialArcana 2021-06-20 04:52:39  

Could be lots of reasons, if i was him, the main one would be:

A private server is far more likely to ban someone that messes with a streamer than Square would be.

This is what it can be like playing an mmorpg as a streamer:

YouTube Video Placeholder

He may also have some bad blood with Square Enix over some previous sponsored stream deals or something in the past. Who knows.
By Seun 2021-06-20 05:00:46  

Paraphrasing from what I've seen him say on stream...

Personal preference aside regarding stories, job balance, ect. 75 cap had 4 expansions worth of content that all remained mostly relevant through the entire era. The first 6 years of the game gave us more content then we've seen in the last 12 years. Also, DDoS protection to avoid trolling.

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Don't gotta worry about JP Twitter brigade banning you if it's a private server is my guess

People don't get banned for being reported, they get banned for cheating. Unless I'm missing something here, the 'brigade' highlights people who are obviously exploiting. If you have evidence to the contrary you should share it. Otherwise the witch hunt bs is kinda tired ~.~
By Draylo 2021-06-20 05:03:21  
Seun said: »

Paraphrasing from what I've seen him say on stream...

Personal preference aside regarding stories, job balance, ect. 75 cap had 4 expansions worth of content that all remained mostly relevant through the entire era. The first 6 years of the game gave us more content then we've seen in the last 12 years.

lol that is complete BS, so hes pretty much just got nostalgia goggles bolted on tightly. His loss. The private servers are garbage, they aren't balanced at all as everyone as PL mules cure spamming them through everything and then all the coding is bugged so you aren't even getting an authentic experience. Some could say it isn't but literally any stream or p server I've seen is filled to the brim with all kinds of bugs.

It's a shame because he could actually bring people to the real game and make this company try to support the game more if they see some interest.
By Seun 2021-06-20 05:05:04  
The most recent content we have in XI right now is Odyssey, which is pretty much a direct rip from Walk of Echoes zones.... that's the real BS lol
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-20 05:07:36  
It's the same zone but the content isn't the same, so no idea what you mean by that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-19 11:46:34  
Kind of excited.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 11:50:33  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-19 12:48:35  
I stand by what I've said before. I like the stream, so I'm looking forward to it as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 12:53:09  
If she keeps the current format my complaints are minimal. It's not really enjoyable but it's not offensive either.

Acceptable.
By Bazing 2021-08-19 14:51:50  
Please please please do something else other than spend an hour making a new char/zoning into Saruta, 30 mins of EXPing and then run back to Windy to end the stream. Anything else will be just fine. Please.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-19 14:52:37  
I need to be on tv!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 16:54:05  
Starting

Still using the new accounts, so looks like more dunes party.
By Bazing 2021-08-19 17:21:36  
They were talking about going dunes AGAIN but also Windy missions so I proposed them to /random for it. Below 500 = missions, above = EXP. She rolled a 5, so missions. Then they went goldfishing instead.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-19 17:23:08  
Well, I mean, that's what you should expect from those community reps.

Doing the exact opposite of what the community wants.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-19 17:30:56  
Do people ever ask in chat what private server they are streaming on or something like that? Do they ever answer stuff like that?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13