Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 129 130 131

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-02 13:25:05  
That's some gigabrain ***
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-02 13:31:52  
kireek said: »
Some idiot conspiracy theorist thought the mercy ship was part of a government takeover of NYC and so tried to ram his train into it. Best part is the potato brain didn't even come close, plus if he did his train would of gone into the water anyway.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/engineer-allegedly-crash-train-usns-mercy-los-angeles/story?id=69926172

Its not "the mercy ship". The USNS Mercy and the USNS Comfort are a unique class of Hospital Ship that falls under different terms of conflict, and are given special permissions to avoid combat- they don't even carry offensive weapons beyond a few personal armaments for the Brig and self defense. Please, give those two sisters the respect of proper names.

Sorry I'm a jackass regarding it. I had the extreme privilege of a 6 week assignment aboard the Comfort as a Navy Musician, and got the chance to see those amazing sailors and all they give to serve on such ships- not to mention the LONG history of humanitarian service these ships have both during and outside of armed conflict.

Regarding the story- stupid gonna be stupid no matter what's going on around them, they just go bigger at times like these.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-02 14:02:32  
Nevada just closed it's borders.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-02 15:21:46  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Well, in response to the OP's question... I'm super bored, have a headache that won't stop. I'm tired and annoyed and gained 3lbs. I really can't wait to get back to the gym.
And I miss my nieces and nephews.

I'm not sure if it's the same in Canada but in the UK we are under lockdown but you can still go out for walks or bike rides once a day. Just keep distance from people.

Also I've noticed people are starting to get sick of it already here, kids are being allowed out, a lot more people are going out (even older people). The cracks are starting to show since the minister said 6 more months on TV.
We can go for walks still, there's no "once a day" limit. But the media is pushing stories saying that walks are "taboo." I also read an article today where some "journalist" said we shouldn't even go for a drive.
But while out for a walk, we can only be with people we live with. Two women in Montreal were fined $1000CAD each for violating that.
But, from what I can tell, we only just began this whole lockdown thing. So it's gonna get rough.
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 15:29:09  
Caerda said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Nevada just closed it's borders.

This is not true

https://news3lv.com/news/local/highway-patrol-assures-residents-that-nevada-california-border-remains-open

I don't see the closure of state borders happening, especially for industrial travel (shipping food, obviously). I know a lot of states have said any inbound travelers from NY and other hotspots need to self quarantine for a certain amount of time, but thats as far as I see it going. And even that, like in Texas, was just the governor pretending to accomplish something.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-02 15:29:57  
Journalist would be pissed with me going for 2 drives a day to and from work, lawl
By Odinz 2020-04-02 15:34:36  
Its a good thing there aren't a lot of guns everywhere in the U.S, otherwise this would really be bad.
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 15:39:40  
So the Georgia governor, another Republican, issued a statewide shelter in place yesterday, and his explanation is wild.

Had no idea asymptomatic people can spread virus

Quote:
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), while announcing a statewide stay-at-home order, said Wednesday that he only recently became aware the coronavirus could be spread by asymptomatic people.

"The reason I'm taking this action, like I've continued to tell people, I'm following the data, I'm following the advice of Dr. [Kathleen] Toomey," Kemp said in response to a reporter's question at a press conference announcing the order.

"Finding out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs, so what we've been telling people from directives from the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] for weeks now that if you start feeling bad, stay home ... those individuals could've been infecting people before they ever felt bad,” he added. “But we didn't know that until the last 24 hours. And as Dr. Toomey told me, this is a game changer for us."

Public health officials have long warned the virus can be carried and passed on by people not displaying symptoms, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who became the first senator to test positive for the virus in March, reported that he had not experienced any symptoms before testing positive.

We have known this for literally months, we talked about it at my workplace, the scariest thing about it is how contagious it is and how its asymptomatic for possibly weeks. But not in Georgia I guess.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-04-02 15:40:48  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Journalist would be pissed with me going for 2 drives a day to and from work, lawl

My my my i yi wooh My my my my Corona
By Draylo 2020-04-02 15:55:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean. We've got to be realistic about this. You can't literally expect hundreds of millions of people to just sit on their *** and watch netflix for an entire month(s). Yeah it sounds lovely in the winter, not so much in spring time.

Once you get it, you should be in the clear. if it's this bad you're going to get it anyway. If we're talking months, Just tell me who I have to lick so I get it over with. I'm not doing the lockdown thing for months. My whole year is already ruined for gigs, everything is cancelled.

You changing your tune now? My business has been ruined as well, and just now there are talks about what people are gonna do about rent and how it will destroy the real estate market lol. I don't see this lasting past the end of April, because if it does the effect from it will be worse than the damn virus.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-02 15:56:21  
Some idiot conspiracy theorist thought the mercy ship was part of a government takeover of NYC and so tried to ram his train into it. Best part is the potato brain didn't even come close, plus if he did his train would of gone into the water anyway.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/engineer-allegedly-crash-train-usns-mercy-los-angeles/story?id=69926172
Los Angeles is NOT part of New York city.

But you really have to wonder how someone that unstable became a train engineer in the first place.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-02 15:57:31  
Viciouss said: »
So the Georgia governor, another Republican, issued a statewide shelter in place yesterday, and his explanation is wild.

Had no idea asymptomatic people can spread virus

Quote:
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), while announcing a statewide stay-at-home order, said Wednesday that he only recently became aware the coronavirus could be spread by asymptomatic people.

"The reason I'm taking this action, like I've continued to tell people, I'm following the data, I'm following the advice of Dr. [Kathleen] Toomey," Kemp said in response to a reporter's question at a press conference announcing the order.

"Finding out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs, so what we've been telling people from directives from the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] for weeks now that if you start feeling bad, stay home ... those individuals could've been infecting people before they ever felt bad,” he added. “But we didn't know that until the last 24 hours. And as Dr. Toomey told me, this is a game changer for us."

Public health officials have long warned the virus can be carried and passed on by people not displaying symptoms, and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who became the first senator to test positive for the virus in March, reported that he had not experienced any symptoms before testing positive.

We have known this for literally months, we talked about it at my workplace, the scariest thing about it is how contagious it is and how its asymptomatic for possibly weeks. But not in Georgia I guess.
Everyone "knows" this, but everyone acts like they aren't sure about it. If people all agreed that asymptomatic carriers can spread it, then no one would argue against the idea that everyone should wear masks.
Also, you are too partisan. Stop always pointing out stupid things done by the right. The left has its fair share of stupid. See how this disease spread in Spain for an example. So rather than the nonstop bashing of the other side, learn to work together.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 16:44:12  
Broadway was offering me an extra 20% on top of what I paid as store credit instead of taking a refund, the biz is getting desperate!!
By Pantafernando 2020-04-02 16:46:28  
DirectX said: »
Illuminati released the COVID19 bioweapon because people were free and happy, the number 19 is significant in freemasonry and what we're told the virus looks like is based off the all seeing eye.

Now smartphone applications are being released in many countries that live track your movement and who you're with and near. Using the virus to make people scared into submission.

China release virus so every country stop producing.
And now, just buy their respirator
By Pantafernando 2020-04-02 16:47:56  
Damn, man starting this week my breath got slightly heavier.

Then i started to wear mask and lock myself in my room as much as possible.

Now my mother starts sneezing.

This shitty feeling
By Pantafernando 2020-04-02 16:49:59  
On average, how long is the cycle from contagious till (if?) recovery ?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-02 17:02:37  
Pantafernando said: »

This shitty feeling
Get an SpO2 (Fingertip Pulse Oximeter) to measure your blood oxygen. It's not super expensive. If you have trouble breathing and your blood oxygen goes below 93, call an ambulance.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-02 17:19:25  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Pantafernando said: »

This shitty feeling
Get an SpO2 (Fingertip Pulse Oximeter) to measure your blood oxygen. It's not super expensive. If you have trouble breathing and your blood oxygen goes below 93, call an ambulance.

Im not in that stage (most likely its just a small cold) but im ordering that device to check my mom.

Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 17:36:01  
Draylo said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean. We've got to be realistic about this. You can't literally expect hundreds of millions of people to just sit on their *** and watch netflix for an entire month(s). Yeah it sounds lovely in the winter, not so much in spring time.

Once you get it, you should be in the clear. if it's this bad you're going to get it anyway. If we're talking months, Just tell me who I have to lick so I get it over with. I'm not doing the lockdown thing for months. My whole year is already ruined for gigs, everything is cancelled.

You changing your tune now? My business has been ruined as well, and just now there are talks about what people are gonna do about rent and how it will destroy the real estate market lol. I don't see this lasting past the end of April, because if it does the effect from it will be worse than the damn virus.

No, just realistic. 30 days is more than enough to spread vents around. Maybe not for the 100 most dense cities but calling for everywhere to go to May...June......July..........August

*** that ***. No one will go with that. I'll volunteer to die before I spend the entire spring and summer in pseudo-jail. (but to be clear, I have no parents, no grandparents, no aunts/uncles, no children to infect. Me getting it, is only me) I chose to not live in a zoo-city for a reason.

Let me break it down in game terms. Asuran problems aren't Cerberan problems. Unlike the game I can live outside the biggest area.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 17:43:50  
Ugh. Look at this mother *** "the president" getting a second Covid test when we can't even get a first test.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-02 18:04:21  
People were super upset that he didn't get tested fast enough the first time, and now they're super upset that he's getting tested more than once? Make up your minds, sheesh.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 18:11:20  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
People were super upset that he didn't get tested fast enough the first time, and now they're super upset that he's getting tested more than once? Make up your minds, sheesh.

It's sarcasm. I would expect supreme leader to be tested weekly at a minimum.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 18:12:50  
OK! In real news, Senator Jon Cornyn of Texas is doing a live telephone town hall, and I participated and got a question in and answered!

My question: My sis is a fulltime student attending UHV, and my family is confused about whether or not she will be getting a full stimulus check. She has filed taxes on her mutual fund in the last two years, and our parents have not claimed her as a dependent, is she getting a check? And if she doesn't, the Phase 3 bill seems to leave students out in the cold, is there a plan to help them in the future with a fourth bill?

Senator's response: This is a good question, and it really highlights a potential gap in the law. We have certainly suspended all student loans , but in regards to students getting stimulus checks, our understanding and our goal is that every adult in the country gets a check, and that includes students. If students aren't getting checks, we will definitely look to include them in an inevitable phase 4 bill.

Its not the most clear answer, but out of thousands of Texans that called, he answered 15 questions, and mine was one of them, so thats cool. I'll try to find a recording or something to post the the full answer.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 18:16:22  
I feel like it's pretty clear. If you didn't file 2018 taxes or file 2019 taxes - You don't get a dime. If you did, you do. (under 75k etc)

The problem with that system, is that anyone making minimum wage/part time/10-99/under the table/tip workers don't file and/or don't make enough to be required to file. THOSE people need the money, and won't get it.

Quote:
The minimum income amount depends on your filing status and age. In 2019, for example, the minimum for single filing status if under age 65 is $12,200. If your income is below that threshold, you generally do not need to file a federal tax return. Review the full list below for other filing statuses and ages.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-02 18:17:09  
Viciouss said: »
OK! In real news, Senator Jon Cornyn of Texas is doing a live telephone town all, and I participated and got a question in and answered!

My question: My sis is a fulltime student attending UHV, and my family is confused about whether or not she will be getting a full stimulus check. She has filed taxes on her mutual fund in the last two years, and our parents have not claimed her as a dependent, is she getting a check? And if she doesn't, the Phase 3 bill seems to leave students out in the cold, is there a plan to help them in the future with a fourth bill?

Senator's response: This is a good question, and it really highlights a potential gap in the law. We have certainly suspended all student loans , but in regards to students getting stimulus checks, our understanding and our goal is that every adult in the country gets a check, and that includes students. If students aren't getting checks, we will definitely look to include them in an inevitable phase 4 bill.

Its not the most clear answer, but out of thousands of Texans that called, he answered 15 questions, and mine was one of them, so thats cool. I'll try to find a recording or something to post the the full answer.

That's pretty cool. It was a good question, too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Punchus
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2020-04-02 18:28:50  
People acting like they are immune after pulling through are stupid. This virus isn't acting like chicken pox or any other one and done virus. Your body will have built up anti-bodies against covid-19 but that doesn't mean you are immune forever. Still need to take the proper precautions that everyone else is or isn't taking.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 129 130 131