MNK OP!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK OP!
MNK OP!
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 11:35:51  
Guys seriously I know I'm not best with english, but I think I wrote it pretty clear.

SimonSes said: »
None is saying to make them hit for 99k damage, but do something with them to make them useful to cast.
SimonSes said: »
Also no, chain affinity on 15 sec cooldown wouldnt break anything. It would barely allow BLU to fill some gap in self skillchain chains, still at cost of damage.

I think that clearly says I meant to do something with them OTHER than damage upgrade. 15 sec Chain Affinity recast would be a step in right direction. You could use physical spells as SC links at cost of damage.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Something you already set like... Delta Thrust?
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Any spell they make do enough damage to be worth 3-4s of melee is going to one shot trash mobs super reliably and be an amazing tool for botting and farming. No more need to aoe, just one shot everything as you get close to it.

Delta Thrust is bad example, because thats utility spell that cost way less MP (28) and has slightly lower recast (15sec), than most non utility damage physical spells.

They could also buff damage on them by giving them much higher scaling with TP (so they would only make much more damage with higher TP + chain affinity and/or Efflux and/or SP). So you couldn't just spam it as high damage spells without engaging.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-02 12:15:29  
I can already see it now: SE has no way to balance the spell damage properly, so they decided to allow Weaponskill Damage and Multi Attack to apply to all hits of a Blue Magic Physical spell, and it will be absolutely broken.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 13:44:47  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I can already see it now: SE has no way to balance the spell damage properly, so they decided to allow Weaponskill Damage and Multi Attack to apply to all hits of a Blue Magic Physical spell, and it will be absolutely broken.

The funny part is that IT WOULDNT.

Raw Sinker Drill in bis gear is like 10k damage (maybe less)
Adding MA gear and WSD gear would probably lower that to like 8k (sacrifice stats to get MA and WSD). At most you will get one more "hit" and lets say 40%WSD? Its already 5hits, so 6th would add 20%, then WSD would multiply whole by another 40%.

8000 * 1.2 * 1.4 = 13440

Far from broken and thats probably one of the strongest physical BLU spells.
It could be strong with SP, because it would probably push some spells to 40000 damage. Would that be broken for 1hr tho? I dont think so, considering you need to be close to mob in low defense gear and BLU spells feed a lot TP and it still would only be like 10k dps? SMN has like 20-50k dps and from safe distance and WAR also probably has around 20k at least.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 16:10:22  
DirectX said: »
I don't know why RDM is being discussed in the same context as MNK. Doesn't RDM take focus and skill? Also needs a dozen good gearsets, etc.

It only requires good gearsets, that shouldn't exclude a job from being considered OP though.

Another way to increase usage of spells is to add unique effects to them or to increase the potency of our debuffs. BLU being able to land a plague that is similar to chi blast, a paralyze similar to Paralyze II. Not only have the JA's fallen behind, so have most of our utility spells when a RDM can super power their debuffs.

I don't get what Thorny implies by "mountains of utility" Most of our spells have not been worth setting these days in favor of spamming a single WS... Not exactly a great state of things. That is why I would like to see new equipment that specifically enhances our spells or gives them new effects. Blue Enhancement Duration, Blue additional effect % increase, things like this.

A reworking of older spells would be nice too, it would be cool to use Hydro Shot to reduce enmity if it actually worked.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 16:15:49  
Draylo said: »
I don't get what Thorny implies by "mountains of utility" Most of our spells have not been worth setting these days in favor of spamming a single WS... Not exactly a great state of things.

This is every job. DRK has 3 spells they actually cast. DNC uses about 1/4 of their kit. WAR uses one weapon and one weaponskill, despite their biggest balancing factor being variety. BST uses two pets.

BLU isn't constantly casting, but they have a ton of things available that are worth casting at times(erratic flutter, white wind, cocoon, mighty guard, barrier tusk, nature's meditation, blink, and so on). On top of that, they're still right up there with DRK DNC WAR BST if they can cap thibron acc, which they typically can due to the insane amount of free acc their traits give them. So, when going front line, they have comparable damage, way more utility, and the option to turn into a powerful AOE farmer in 60 secs.

I'm not saying BLU is on the level of RDM or MNK. I'm saying that if something needs buffed, there are a lot of candidates worse off than BLU. We know SE isn't nerfing anything, they're afraid to give us difficult content because even with all the luas out there it's a game full of mouthbreathers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 16:25:47  
Of course, other jobs deserve updates too. Everyone should have fun playing as their favorite job, that is why most of my suggestions are ones that don't directly have a huge increase on overall DMG, but in utility and QoL via duration boosts (which can extend to DMG as we are casting less, but not as directly.)

I'd love to see similar updates to all jobs that need it, I wish they would go that route instead of directly increasing WS dmg or reworking wpn calcs to increase dmg, it doesn't make sense when none of the content necessitates it. I think most would prefer QoL upgrades that enhance unique sides of jobs that make them offer more than spamming a single WS or only two pets as you said.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-04-02 17:29:14  
Fix NIN
Fix PLD too...

The first two times didn't work.
 Leviathan.Eloc
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2020-04-02 19:54:27  
I think some of you don't remember how bad MNK was before the WS fix, the Impetus fix, Malignance, and SU3. It did less damage than my GEO or PLD not to long ago. And yeah, doing top tier damage isn't everything. But why would you bring a DD job that didn't deal as much damage as a tank or buffer?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-02 20:05:19  
Leviathan.Eloc said: »
I think some of you don't remember how bad MNK was before the WS fix, the Impetus fix, Malignance, and SU3. It did less damage than my GEO or PLD not to long ago. And yeah, doing top tier damage isn't everything. But why would you bring a DD job that didn't deal as much damage as a tank or buffer?
It did not do less damage than a GEO or PLD unless the MNK was truly awful. Let's be honest here, it undermines your point to spew hyperbole. It was about 20-30% slower than other DD. I successfully did Albumen with only MNKs before sleep wore in that state, it wasn't like they were unable to do damage.

As far as your actual comment, you would bring it for reliability. Your largest chance of wiping in a given situation is tied to two things:
-Can the mob kill you before you can receive a heal?
-Can the mob output damage and status effects faster than they can be removed?

MNK was and is in a uniquely strong position for both of these criteria; their higher HP, mantra, and small sacrifices to incorporate defensive gear will make it much less likely they die while waiting for a cure. Sure, it's absolutely insane now with malignance, but before that they still had the best m.eva option of any DPS in kendatsuba armor and a chunk of free DT on their belt in addition to counter/hp bonus/mantra/chakra. Using all MNKs with a penance rotation will double to triple the time between TP moves, making the second criteria much less likely.

The idea that everything needs to die fast is a relic from the era that spanned ADL, Legion, and Delve1.. where many moves were downright impossible to survive and sustain. The nerf to AOEs that reduced damage to nonprimary targets, content design, player buffs, and magic evasion gear creep have changed the playing field enough that fights where sustain is impossible are now the exception rather than the rule.

Sure, some groups may enjoy bringing top DPS only and focusing all their efforts on making a record clear time. They are more than welcome to do that, but with such loose time constraints, there is plenty of room for a group to have gone for the safer option even if it was 20-30% slower.

Look at the OP, or MrGrim's MNK videos(many of which are pre-buff), or really anything MNK related. Sure, it's fast AND safe now, but it's always been a very safe and consistant way to do things. The speed only matters if you're minmaxing every minute of your run or struggling with time limit, and FFXI has extremely generous time limits.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-04-02 20:10:56  
I was a MNK in Omen before it was cool.

/glasses
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 22:30:11  
I didn't pick it up until Abyssea, remember how OP it was in there?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-02 22:35:08  
Yeah you're right, it seems very similar but without the need for atma lol. Too bad the crit crew isn't all up in god tier ;/, those were the good old days.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-02 23:46:55  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
On top of that, they're still right up there with DRK DNC WAR BST if they can cap thibron acc, which they typically can due to the insane amount of free acc their traits give them. So, when going front line, they have comparable damage, way more utility, and the option to turn into a powerful AOE farmer in 60 secs.

Oh my god someone finally said it. I’ve been outparsing all manner of DD for years now with BLU but no one believes BLU actually gets really strong when maxed out haha. Ain’t never gonna win when it’s 2-Hour Time (I know, I know, 45-minutes) but damned if we aren’t up there any other time lol.
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-02 23:57:58  
Quote:
Not sure what you think you're disproving by not even bothering to write what gear said DRG and WAR have.

DRG and WAR AF+3 and Relic+3 add a lot more to them than they do for MNK.

I said comparable amount of time and gil in gear + an Aeonic. A full set of Kenda+1 and belt require a significant investment of gil. You didn't bother going into what accessories they have access to, which is important for all of them. Put that into BiS HQ gear and given equivalent accessory access and it'll be comparable for DRG, maybe for WAR. Capped attack would probably give the Kenda a bit more of an edge because the lack of attack wouldn't matter as much.

HQ JSE is just as important for MNK, even if WSD+10 isn't as valuable for MNK as it is for SAM or DRK. DRG uses Stardiver, which doesn't really benefit from WSD either. Relic legs and AF feet during Footwork is pretty monstrous. Also no Bhikku, no neck?

Quote:
And this matter because?
They have higher TP per hit and higher base damage per hit.

Oh I know, I wasn't saying MNK/Godhands were worse or not good, I'm saying the play style and tradeoffs are different, and MNKs tend to tp a bit slower either because of a high delay weapon or overcapping MA. I'm saying that a baseline of an R0 Aeonic and a couple hundred mil to burn would put most DDs around the same DPS level.
By Shichishito 2020-04-03 00:01:03  
I don't know why RDM is being discussed in the same context as MNK. Doesn't RDM take focus and skill? Also needs a dozen good gearsets, etc.
there is not much skill in FFXI, 80% is beeing prepared and knowing whats ahead of you. the rest is reacting to situations like preventing a move with stun, turn from a gaze attack or cast a certain element at the right time to cause a trigger...

a high skill job should get a advantage for performing well but only a small one, never a huge one like RDM gets right now. especially considering the skill part can be taken out of the equation with tools like react.
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-04-03 00:08:20  
As for BLU, I'd be happy with just a large recast reduction on Chain Affinity so we could get more SC flexibility using spells more often, and a reduction to Unbridled Learning recast. Beyond small novelties like that, BLU is in a great place IMO.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-04-03 11:14:36  
Mnk is FARRRR from op. It is just by FAR the easiest DD to gear at the moment and even easier to play. People bandwagon it because it is easy to get on and it is almost like a new job these last few months. It used to be ***, now it isnt ***. I took my mnk from no gears to BIS minus vere in like 1 day. Most of that day was killing escha mobs for aeonic. kenda gear is cheap. belt is kinda cheap, neck is like 60 mil atm. vere takes a bit, but you dont need most of the JSE gear for mnk, most fights are short so you can skip vere as well.

If you are a new player and you dont want to spend all day playing to catch up, grab mnk, it has the highest floor. works great, i personally did not enjoy the gameplay on it, but lots of other people enjoy it so whatever. It lacks a bit of versatility being locked into only h2h blunt dmg, but that isnt a big deal.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-06 10:25:07  
DRKs just die all the time because they are suicidal emos.

Apocalypse says hi :)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By missdivine 2020-04-06 12:37:21  
Drg and blu needs a major pump up now, but even a cor can solo all those sky pets
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-06 12:51:08  
In my opinion, using a video example of a job soloing easy content isn't a good example of why the job is OP. Almost any job I can think of can solo all 4 of these sky gods.
Gear is just too good now that all 4 of them NMs are trivial to solo with any common sense and preparation.

If the reasoning was because it soloed something like Yakshi, which is pretty damn *** impressive for ANY job to do that, then you can argue it's OP.
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 14:57:58  
missdivine said: »
Drg and blu needs a major pump up now

I misunderstood, or you just wrote that one of the most OP DD needs a buff?

The ONLY thing that holds DRG to be best DPS in this game is broken hybrid set like Malignance or even Volte from Windurst. Even without such set DRG is among best jobs atm.

Post deleted by User.