Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 53 54 55
 Valefor.Commodus
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-15 21:25:49  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Puerto Rico isn't a state. This map or whatever, is incorrect.
Wait, Georgia isn't on that Map shown as increasing! Were people wrong in here about it opening up too early????

It's a pointless graphic and report meant to scare people. Any state that shows an increase of even 1 case would make the list. Notice all of the conservative states that reopened and aren't showing increases, but liberal states on the west coast that are still locked down are showing increases, and everything in-between.

Pointless, uncontrolled, unexplained stat.
By Voren 2020-06-17 15:44:32  
An employee at our jail tested positive for covid, he worked at least half a shift with symptoms before being sent to the hospital. Our entire sheriff’s office is being tested including all inmates in the jail.

The test is not pleasant, it was a strange tickle/burn like they were going in my nose and through my eyeball to get to my throat. Three days I’ll know if I’m a walker or not, if so I get two weeks paid leave, if not then better luck next time?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-17 15:50:39  
This whole thing is far from over, despite the "everything is open again" push.

Everyone did exactly what the virus needed, they stopped caring. Gave up full stop on everything but pretending to wash their hands.
By Viciouss 2020-06-17 16:17:57  
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Puerto Rico isn't a state. This map or whatever, is incorrect.
Wait, Georgia isn't on that Map shown as increasing! Were people wrong in here about it opening up too early????

It's a pointless graphic and report meant to scare people. Any state that shows an increase of even 1 case would make the list. Notice all of the conservative states that reopened and aren't showing increases, but liberal states on the west coast that are still locked down are showing increases, and everything in-between.

Pointless, uncontrolled, unexplained stat.

Continuing to lie about all those conservative states highlighted on the map. By my count there are more red states on that map than blue states.
By Viciouss 2020-06-17 16:23:13  
Its getting significantly worse in Texas, a red state, hospitalizations have been skyrocketing everyday in the last week, Austin extended its shelter in place until August 15th. Dallas and Houston are the worst spots atm.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-17 16:37:53  
Voren said: »
An employee at our jail tested positive for covid, he worked at least half a shift with symptoms before being sent to the hospital. Our entire sheriff’s office is being tested including all inmates in the jail.

The test is not pleasant, it was a strange tickle/burn like they were going in my nose and through my eyeball to get to my throat. Three days I’ll know if I’m a walker or not, if so I get two weeks paid leave, if not then better luck next time?

As long as you don't get the sudden urge to eat brains you should be fine.

If you suddenly do that such an urge, GTFO you COVID ZOMBIE!
[+]
By Voren 2020-06-18 06:15:29  
Asura.Saevel said: »

As long as you don't get the sudden urge to eat brains you should be fine.

If you suddenly do that such an urge, GTFO you COVID ZOMBIE!

Trust me, if I get the urge to eat brains, everyone who's ever posted in P&R is just fine :)

I'll know Friday evening if I get two weeks vacation. I'm one of the lucky few at my office, I've got 6 months of sick leave saved, 18 years does that, the next in seniority has been here 5 years, most less than a year. I'm hoping it all turns out well.
[+]
By Voren 2020-06-20 05:31:14  
Update:

We all tested negative, except for the one inmate that was already confirmed and the original dipshit employee that came to work with it.

The results were off of a preliminary, they still have to finalize (match results to test tube), but they have all tests done and all are negative, so, yeah, pretty good overall, wish I'd not learned about it from the local news, but it is what it is.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-20 07:28:13  
0.2% mortality rate. You’re not in danger unless you already have severe health issues. It’s still a political hoax.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-25 19:38:40  
So like... are yall ready for Lockdown 2: morer locked downer?

Cause it ain't lookin pretty.
By Viciouss 2020-06-25 19:49:09  
Yesterday the country had the single largest increase in cases since the pandemic began. Texas has added 100k cases since our terrible governor reopened too soon, and Houston is already at max capacity in it's hospitals, which is known for its huge medical district.
By Draylo 2020-06-25 20:02:23  
So like... are yall ready for Lockdown 2: morer locked downer?

Cause it ain't lookin pretty.

Not locking me down again!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 10:55:51  
This should be good, a task force briefing, been a minute since there was one of those.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuN1Z1wE_k

Get ready for a bullshitvalanch
By Viciouss 2020-06-26 11:46:02  
Yea, that's exactly what Pence is doing as he tries to revise history. Let's get him off the podium already so we can hear from the experts.
By volkom 2020-06-26 11:54:12  
I'd like to know how protesting is safer than going to church or gathering with friends
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 11:58:01  
You know the answer(s) don't be disingenuous.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-26 12:10:55  
volkom said: »
I'd like to know how protesting is safer than going to church or gathering with friends

Social justice has known antiviral properties.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-06-26 20:33:24  
Viciouss said: »
Texas has added 100k cases since our terrible governor reopened too soon

It is a little disingenuous to act like he was a week off. There is no timeline for a safe reopening without a coordinated federal response or vaccine. The earliest we could see either of those would be April of next year (if Trump loses in November.)

I think he could win a second term and I doubt an effective vaccine for COVID-19 is around the corner, so we it might take us years to finish returning as close to normal as we can get in our post-COVID reality.

Even if Biden wins in the fall, the Republicans have all the tools they need to petulantly stop him from doing what needs to be done to bring COVID levels down to match the rest of the developed world. They will sell their obstruction like a failure of Democrats and democracy, and in a sense it will be.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 20:48:43  
It's funny "we" know exactly how that plays out, but we'll still let it happen.

The exact same story, time and time again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 21:03:05  
47,000 new cases

Tiredofwinningyet.meme
By volkom 2020-06-26 22:04:23  
Question~ how are the numbers calculated?

is it like

1 new case = 1 potential case of covid?
1 confirmed case = 1 infected person or confirmed positive test?
1 death = actually caused by the virus or other medical conditions lead to the cause of death that the virus just exasperated?

media makes it sound like people are dropping dead left and right meanwhile it sounds like if we went social justice warrior and went outside we're immune.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 22:12:47  
"A new case" = One Positive test result

"A new death" is a bit of a mixed bag based solely upon an ME's opinion. Death as a result of covid vs dead but happened to have covid too will get argued about for ever. Primary cause etc

So 47,341 actual, positive results = 47,341 "new cases" yesterday.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-06-26 22:15:35  
I don't know how Texas and Florida count their cases, but I would bet it isn't an overestimation. As far as deaths, those haven't really started spiking yet, but obviously they lag infections.

The estimation that we are 10x low in our measurement of cases most recently came from the CDC doing antiserum surveys, but it has been apparent for a while if you just look at death count relative to case count and guess that SK generally got the mortality rate right.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-26 22:57:50  
we just just all get it and die.

let the kids live their lives.
By Prong 2020-06-27 00:15:21  
Best part about this is that the media completely ignored the fact that thousands and thousands of "people ages 25 and under" flooded our major city's streets for over a month, most completely ignoring social distancing, "suggestions" and many even ignoring the mask usage...and two days after a Trump rally in Tulsa, a rally that liberals chuckled at the meager turnout no less, I see a story on almost every major news channel blathering about the rally and Covid spikes in the same sentence. As if anyone was unclear about the message they attempted to convey.

Yes, I'm sure that low-turnout rally in Tulsa caused those spikes in New Jersey (48 hrs later). Couldn't have POSSIBLY been the hordes of protesters across the country.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-06-27 04:49:41  
Eh, this article summarizes why the protests were less bad than we all thought they would be: https://www.vox.com/2020/6/26/21300636/coronavirus-pandemic-black-lives-matter-protests

1) outdoors
2) protestors are young and thus more likely to be untested/uncounted
3) those dirty libs were protesting, and signalling to each other their liberalism with constant mask wearing and hand washing
4) there weren't really that many protestors
5) if there is a protest going on, it isn't clear whether the average number of people in public spaces goes up or down
6) the last reason shows a lack of statistical intuition given how large the protests and COVID pandemic are, but the author is a journalist so what can really be expected?

I would also add a #7 there: protestors picked basically the most safe time to have a protest. Coronavirus was (at basically any point in the past) less prevalent than it will be in the near future.

At a Trump rally, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 are reversed/not true. However, the only study I have heard of linking a Trump rally on COVID cases was for his last rally before lockdown, not related to Tulsa.
By Voren 2020-06-27 07:42:27  
0.2% mortality rate. You’re not in danger unless you already have severe health issues. It’s still a political hoax.

I have high blood pressure and pre-diabetic and what is clinically noted as being "fat ***".

What my concern is though is my mother who depends upon me for groceries and doing menial tasks due her multiple health issue including, but not limited to, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a few others that are less significant. So if I contract it and am asymptomatic while contagious and give it to her I'd feel like a complete ***.

Not always does one worry only for themselves, some people worry about contracting this and then passing it on to others that are unable to live through it. This is a concept that a ***ton, not yet a *** ton, of people haven't gotten through their brains yet.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-27 09:15:38  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I don't know how Texas and Florida count their cases, but I would bet it isn't an overestimation....
FL only counts cases in residents. Non residents who catch covid in FL or bring it there aren't counted.

No idea if or how TX cooks its books.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-27 09:25:29  

I have high blood pressure and pre-diabetic and what is clinically noted as being "fat ***".

What my concern is though is my mother who depends upon me for groceries and doing menial tasks due her multiple health issue including, but not limited to, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a few others that are less significant. So if I contract it and am asymptomatic while contagious and give it to her I'd feel like a complete ***.

Not always does one worry only for themselves, some people worry about contracting this and then passing it on to others that are unable to live through it. This is a concept that a ***ton, not yet a *** ton, of people haven't gotten through their brains yet.

Then take personal responsibility for maintaining her quarantine. The other 99.8% of people can continue on with their lives while the 0.2% at risk remain isolated.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-27 15:16:03  
Phony face mask ‘exemption cards’ are latest coronavirus scam, officials warn
MSN

First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 53 54 55